PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Sahara lineup...help me understand

im so indie
03-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Answer me this:

1. Who will be in the Sahara throughout the day?
2. What order will they be in?

Somewhat Damaged
03-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Nobody will know for sure till the schedule comes out. Last year at this time, NOBODY would have predicted that LCD Soundsystem and the Rapture would've been the last two acts in the Sahara on Saturday night. (And anyone who says otherwise is a fucking liar.)

JClemy
03-15-2008, 08:50 PM
There really is no way to know for sure.

rage patton
03-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Nobody will know for sure till the schedule comes out. Last year at this time, NOBODY would have predicted that LCD Soundsystem and the Rapture would've been the last two acts in the Sahara on Saturday night. (And anyone who says otherwise is a fucking liar.)

No joke. I prediected The Rapture would be in the Sahara. Possibly even as a closing act. People laughed and scolded me. I stood by my word. If you search hard enough, you can find my posts. I am not trying to be elitest here. Actually, I am trying more to make a joke. I think its pretty funny.

As for Saturday this year... Saturday is a clusterfuck all around. Nobody knows who is going to be playing where. I am afraid of set times this year.

Somewhat Damaged
03-15-2008, 09:02 PM
rage, even if you predicted the Rapture would be in there, I stated that nobody predicted both them and LCD would be the last two acts, and I stand by my assertion that anyone who states otherwise is a fucking liar.

Good call on the Rapture, though. I'll just take your word for it 'cause I don't give enough of a shit to confirm. Besides, you're good people.

arya.
03-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Obviously Sasha & Digweed

Maybe Aphex

MIA?????

rage patton
03-15-2008, 09:14 PM
rage, even if you predicted the Rapture would be in there, I stated that nobody predicted both them and LCD would be the last two acts, and I stand by my assertion that anyone who states otherwise is a fucking liar.

Good call on the Rapture, though. I'll just take your word for it 'cause I don't give enough of a shit to confirm. Besides, you're good people.

Haha nope. I never claimed LCD would be in the Sahara. You are right there. And yeah, I just noticed they were the last two acts in the Sahara. That is weird. Then again, who else would have closed it that day? Justice? They weren't big enough? MSTRKRFT? No way. Tiesto? We knew he was going to be on the mainstage.
Saturday this year... will either turn out to be a dream or a nightmare.

Brochella
03-15-2008, 10:14 PM
It won't be too much of the clusterfuck if the following things happen (which I predict they will):

-Hot Chip doesn't play the Sahara - probably the outdoor stage
-EdBanger crew plays together/alternates for an hour and 15 minute long set, same goes for Institubes
-The amount of time between sets is less than it has been in the past

So something like this:

12:00-1:15: Institubes DJs
1:35-2:50: EdBanger DJs
3:10-4:00: James Zabiela
4:20-5:10: Junkie XL
5:30-6:20: Erol Alkan
6:40-7:40: Boys Noize
8:00-9:30: Above & Beyond
10:00-End: Sasha & Digweed

Sound about right?

menikmati
03-15-2008, 10:20 PM
um no.

There aren't any gaps between DJ acts. If you're going from a DJ to a live band, then yes, or from a DJ to Aphex then yeah maybe, but if not...it's all one continuous blend.

superfiction
03-15-2008, 10:23 PM
i dunno if this is the place for me to rave about this. but i fucking loved soulwax in the tent last year. they killed it

Brochella
03-15-2008, 10:31 PM
um no.

There aren't any gaps between DJ acts. If you're going from a DJ to a live band, then yes, or from a DJ to Aphex then yeah maybe, but if not...it's all one continuous blend.

Ugh, I knew that- brain fart.

Somewhat Damaged
03-15-2008, 11:41 PM
i dunno if this is the place for me to rave about this. but i fucking loved soulwax in the tent last year. they killed it

Right place or not, Soulwax definitely did kill. Best act on Sunday by far. They were my favorite discovery last year.

Trick Loves The Kids
03-16-2008, 08:19 AM
i liked how it was "nite versions" at like 4pm

fakeblood
02-04-2009, 12:36 AM
i liked how it was "nite versions" at like 4pm

They totally underestimated the power of Soulwax back in 2007. I'm sure next time they are back will be top of the bill. They have produced, remixed, influenced or fathered the children of half of the dance acts this year...

sportsbunny
02-04-2009, 12:52 AM
They totally underestimated the power of Soulwax back in 2007. I'm sure next time they are back will be top of the bill. They have produced, remixed, influenced or fathered the children of half of the dance acts this year...

Yeah Soulwax had to be my favorite in '07 (MSTRKFT was pretty damn good too)

Xenocide
02-11-2009, 01:23 AM
i didn't approve of Midnight Juggernauts going on at 2pm...