PDA

View Full Version : WORST ALL TIME BAND?

blastyourears
03-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Coheed and Cambria tops my list..

SecretPrescription
03-15-2008, 06:19 PM
hey guess what
art is not objective

thanks, bye

blastyourears
03-15-2008, 06:21 PM
hey guess what
art is not objective

thanks, bye

I got a problem with that response though...

Coheed and Cambria is not art!!!!!

BeHereNOW
03-15-2008, 06:21 PM
what made milluakee famous

blastyourears
03-15-2008, 06:22 PM
I got a problem with that response though...

Coheed and Cambria is not art!!!!!

(its poop stuck in a toilet at the dodger baseball stadium bathrooms)

captncrzy
03-15-2008, 06:23 PM
All Time Band of all time? Or all time bad coachella band?

because the All Time Band of all time is Creed. Or Hinder. Or Nickelback.

boredofcanada
03-15-2008, 06:25 PM
metallica after the black album.

TheWatcher
03-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Backstreet Boys.
N'Sync.
Hinder.

boredofcanada
03-15-2008, 06:33 PM
gnarls barkley.
absolutely horrendous live.

boredofcanada
03-15-2008, 06:35 PM
oh i forgot audioslave....

their fans can suck my dick.
all day.
while i take a shit.

thelastgreatman
03-15-2008, 06:36 PM
hey guess what
art is not objective

thanks, bye

Hey, guess what?

NOTHING IS OBJECTIVE.

Welcome to reality, thanks for being oblivious.

SecretPrescription
03-15-2008, 06:44 PM
"nothing is objective" might be the most hilarious thing i've ever read here.

way to push your douchey-ness as far as possible

thelastgreatman
03-15-2008, 06:50 PM
It's only hilarious if you're stupid enough to not have found it out yet. Please name for me something that is objective and I'll gladly point out to you how you're being an idiot. But first perhaps you should catch up on what philosophy established about 500 years ago.

greghead
03-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Shit, dude doesn't even have to go back that far, just read Nietzsche's Ecce Homo. "The unfocused eye sees nothing". Everything is subjective, both in its production and in its consumption, as well as our understanding of those processes. To bring in Bourdieu, the ever-evolving habitus not only inspires cultural creation, but determines our relationship to it and gives it meaing. Pure objectivity is impossible.

EDIT: In terms of talent, I would say the Murder Junkies by far were the worst band ever. I mean, when your frontman puts on a show consisting of shooting speed, and then eating his own excrement on stage (while singing), ability is not all that important.

thelastgreatman
03-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Eh, I'd go with solipsism instead. Friedrich has his problems.

JClemy
03-15-2008, 08:20 PM
"nothing is objective" might be the most hilarious thing i've ever read here.

way to push your douchey-ness as far as possible

Stop being pretentious. There isn't anything that is objective. You always put your own feelings into things you say.

I add to it that I think the worst band is Three Days Grace.

greghead
03-15-2008, 08:42 PM
solipsism is a whole different beast altogether. Gorgias' writings are interesting. But Descartes has always bored me, I don't know why.

thelastgreatman
03-15-2008, 09:10 PM
How is solipsism a different beast? It's kinda entirely rooted in the fact that reality is subjective. Descartes has the only two proofs in philosophy that I haven't been able to find flaw in, that being one of them. Not counting Hume, who doesn't count, because all he ever did was disprove others.

JClemy
03-15-2008, 09:17 PM
I love this board. Some dude tries to assert his intelligence by hating(and hating in a pretentious and wrong way) and it turns into a philisopical discussion.

goatparade
03-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Its just fine to rip on a band if you dont personally enjoy their music, think the singers voice is annoying, or just simply refuse to understand the following behing it (comic book progressive rock) but dont just try to say coheed is the worst band of all time. They all can play their instruments quite well and put on quite a terrific live show and your bias towards them alone in no way warrants the label of worst band of all time.

If coheed "tops your list" i'd say you most likely arent being truthful but rather have someone in your life who is annoying you and plays them constantly. Thats realistically the only way I see it. There is too much bad music thats barely holds a beat to just say coheed is the worst of all time...we are all sorry your dark ex-girlfriend who hates her parents listened to Dear Apollo so much.

thelastgreatman
03-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Also it's either Animal Collective or The Mars Volta. I've made this clear about a million times on this board. Close thread.

frozen pilgrim
03-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Hey, guess what?

NOTHING IS OBJECTIVE.

Welcome to reality, thanks for being oblivious.

nothing is objective because nothing is physically real-
the only way for someone's opinion to sway reality is if that individual has a supreme presence of cognitive sentient energy, and if there's anyone like that on this board, they've yet to show themselves.

Boourns
03-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Plenty of things are objective. Ever read Scientific Proof Magazine?

Worst band of all-time? Insane Clown Posse

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Also it's either Animal Collective or The Mars Volta. I've made this clear about a million times on this board. Close thread.

i understand your hatred for said bands, but dude, there are FAAAAAAAAR worse

greghead
03-16-2008, 01:39 AM
How is solipsism a different beast? It's kinda entirely rooted in the fact that reality is subjective. Descartes has the only two proofs in philosophy that I haven't been able to find flaw in, that being one of them. Not counting Hume, who doesn't count, because all he ever did was disprove others.

True, but I see solopsism as a branch of egoism, which opens the doors to an even wider discussion that I currently lack the time or patience for. But I find your analysis of subjectivity pleasing.

Hume was a hater.

humanoid
03-16-2008, 01:50 AM
I agree with Last GreatMan in his evaluation of Mars Volta & Animal Collective, but I tend to believe that Insane Clown Posse is indeed far worse than either

jazzz
03-16-2008, 01:50 AM
Its just fine to rip on a band if you dont personally enjoy their music, think the singers voice is annoying, or just simply refuse to understand the following behing it (comic book progressive rock) but dont just try to say coheed is the worst band of all time. They all can play their instruments quite well and put on quite a terrific live show and your bias towards them alone in no way warrants the label of worst band of all time.

If coheed "tops your list" i'd say you most likely arent being truthful but rather have someone in your life who is annoying you and plays them constantly. Thats realistically the only way I see it. There is too much bad music thats barely holds a beat to just say coheed is the worst of all time...we are all sorry your dark ex-girlfriend who hates her parents listened to Dear Apollo so much.

You just outed yourself and suck harder!

Wheres the beef?
03-16-2008, 02:33 AM
Bands that end in -head and do not begin with Portis-.

SecretPrescription
03-16-2008, 02:42 AM
i'm from new york i can't help but be pretentious. i didn't mean to raise philosophical debates. i'm not well read enough to keep up with it. there are many practical ways to use the term "objective". existentially, sure there is nothing objective. i think everybody missed my initial point, which is that there is no such thing as a "worst band".

SecretPrescription
03-16-2008, 02:45 AM
the annoying thing is disputing "art is not objective" with "nothing is objective". it's such a juvenile "hey look what i can prove philosophically" middle finger that's pretty unnecessary in a thread on a coachella board.

but i suppose we all like to prove ourselves somewhere

greghead
03-16-2008, 03:28 AM
Randy was proving his point because you asked him to.

One does not need to be well read to defend their point.

Astrid
03-16-2008, 03:49 AM
http://www.google.com/search?q=worst+band+in+the+world&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

the answer is clear my friends.

thelastgreatman
03-16-2008, 09:20 AM
the annoying thing is disputing "art is not objective" with "nothing is objective". it's such a juvenile "hey look what i can prove philosophically" middle finger that's pretty unnecessary in a thread on a coachella board.

but i suppose we all like to prove ourselves somewhere

No, the annoying thing is people who say shit like "art is not objective" as if it meant something. It doesn't.

And ICP destroys Animal Collective and TMV.

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 09:25 AM
you're completely losing me, fucking insane clown posse, blech

TheWatcher
03-16-2008, 09:29 AM
http://www.google.com/search?q=worst+band+in+the+world&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

the answer is clear my friends.

It's apparently Creed.

blastyourears
03-16-2008, 09:36 AM
good point with Insane Clown Posse.. MAY BE THE WORST EVEEEERRRRRRR... ehh..

beetleguise
03-16-2008, 09:52 AM
system of a down! or kottonmouth kings.

barf.

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 09:58 AM
kottonmouth kings REAAAALLLLYYYY bug me, i love weed too, but jesus christ, do i have to mention it in everything that i say, i DO have a personality beyond marijuana, i guess they dont

Cheddar's Cousin
03-16-2008, 10:18 AM
The Pythagorean theorem is subjective.

O Town are the worst band ever.

thelastgreatman
03-16-2008, 10:19 AM
"are" is subjective.

Cheddar's Cousin
03-16-2008, 10:23 AM
The interwebz is a figment of your imagination...

ThomThom
03-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Good Charlotte

thelastgreatman
03-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Not all figments is objective, you know.

greghead
03-16-2008, 10:44 AM
lol

I think boourns is right, ICP is probably the shittiest.

Cancersticks1
03-16-2008, 12:07 PM
artist = Mariah Carey
band = U2

worst things that happened to pop music ever.

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 12:09 PM
bold statement

p.s.- i wouldnt consider him the worst ever, but I realyl don't like bright eyes

gaypalmsprings
03-16-2008, 12:16 PM
rush, u2

Cancersticks1
03-16-2008, 12:44 PM
My friend and I supplied the music for an 80's themed party last year. The resulting playlist had over 3 months worth of music in it, nothing was off limits as long as it was within the 80's, we had Juice Newton, Commuter, and the skits from the game Girl Talk: Dateline. The only thing we intentionally left out was U2.

thelastgreatman
03-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Believe me, there are worse bands than ICP, on their own label for example.

Also, ICP shouldn't even count. They know they're a joke. It's like saying that Weird Al is the worst band ever. Worst ever should involve pretention, not just silliness.

Boourns
03-16-2008, 01:17 PM
The Dark Carnival is serious spirituality, ninja.

Ardentbiscuit
03-16-2008, 01:55 PM
My friend thinks it's the "Little River Band"...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P5RDn5Y0D_0

JebusLives
03-16-2008, 06:16 PM
The Bare Naked Ladies: helping Canada look uncool for 20+ years.

betao
03-16-2008, 08:58 PM
The following bands are nominees.

Good Charlotte
Relient K
Blink 182
My Chemical Romance
30 Seconds to Mars
Panic! at the Disco
Sum 41
Underoath
Taking Back Sunday
Hawthorne Heights
Fall Out Boy

For one band to be declared "the worst", the bands listed above would all have to participate in an all out fight to the death. The last band standing will be crowned "worst band ever", and will be awarded with immediate death.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-17-2008, 12:49 PM
soylent green

algunz
03-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Ha ha ha, I should have known that Randy would identify with solipsism.

"Mine eye is in my mind."

CalmerThanYou
03-17-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm sure it's been said, but matchbox 20 is horrible.

I saw Santana, and when he played "Smooth" i was pissed just because i was thinking about Rob Thomas.

Mr.Nipples
03-17-2008, 03:27 PM
ABBA

chairmenmeow47
03-17-2008, 03:27 PM
The Mars Volta

i agree wholeheartedly with this.

I'm sure it's been said, but matchbox 20 is horrible.

I saw Santana, and when he played "Smooth" i was pissed just because i was thinking about Rob Thomas.

you are my new hero. i also hate matchbox 20. if i ever meet rob thomas, i will have to beat him to death for that 3am song.

in fact, i hate him so much, i made a rules of attraction themed MS paint drawing to articulate this:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/album06/i_always_knew_it_would_be_like_this.jpg

CalmerThanYou
03-17-2008, 03:35 PM
ABBA

Abba drummer found dead in his garden

By CIARAN GILES, Associated Press Writer Mon Mar 17, 9:13 AM ET

MADRID, Spain - A former drummer for the Swedish pop band ABBA was found dead with cuts to his neck in the garden of his house on the Spanish island of Mallorca. Police said Monday an autopsy showed it was an accident.

NOTE: Dude walked into his glass door, the glass hacked his neck, and he died there. Sucky.

MantisMel
03-17-2008, 04:17 PM
CRAZY TOWN... By far the shittiest band, shittiest name and the shittiest music known to man! Paul Oakenfold should die in a fire for collaberating with them!

CalmerThanYou
03-17-2008, 04:29 PM
CRAZY TOWN... By far the shittiest band, shittiest name and the shittiest music known to man! Paul Oakenfold should die in a fire for collaberating with them!

Paul Oakenfold Found Dead in Home Fire

Lametown, CA - Dude burned to death for collaborating with Abba.

PrettyRagdoll
03-17-2008, 06:26 PM

This is truth.

whynotsmile99
03-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Paul Oakenfold Found Dead in Home Fire

Lametown, CA - Dude burned to death for collaborating with Abba.

ha had me there for a second

3 pages and no mention of Gym Class Heroes?

I'm posting video to back it up.

kOd-WN8c0zU
8FT7S15UgSM&feature=related

jonnypark
03-18-2008, 12:22 PM
my votes with Bon Jovi