PDA

View Full Version : Off-site camping?

nbvwes
03-15-2008, 07:39 AM
I don't feel like searching through 50 pages of threads to get to last year or anything, and the links on the main page to off-site camping is completely worthless... i'm not interested in RV camping and i'm not interested in campgrounds 45miles away... & some of the campsites they list don't even open until the middle of may, that's useful... geez...

so does anyone have any recommendations for inexpensive off-site tent camping??

also, campgrounds in which i can come & go 24-hours a day... campground that close their gates at dark are completely worthless in this case... and i don't want to leave my tent unattended for three days, so a campground that'll let me reserve 'my spot' would be highly valuable...

thelastgreatman
03-15-2008, 11:21 AM
You don't feel like searching? Well, get fucked. There's a search function, dick. Go Advanced Search, use Thread Titles Only, and search for "off-site camping."

nbvwes
03-15-2008, 08:07 PM
thanks for the help. i'm sure it took you longer to type that than to answer a simple question... you wasted more time than it took, so i guess you win?

:)

thelastgreatman
03-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Ever consider that maybe the combined information of dozens of people would be useful to you, shithead? You have a whole year's of off-site camping experiences to go through.

dontfeedthebird
03-15-2008, 08:34 PM
although, he pointed you in the right direction.

just sayin'.

sk8r408
03-16-2008, 11:05 AM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120

nbvwes
03-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Ever consider that maybe the combined information of dozens of people would be useful to you, shithead? You have a whole year's of off-site camping experiences to go through.

exactly the point of this thread...
dick.

fyi, used said search function to find all threads started by you and realized how much of a douche you are... (don't believe me, check this out everyone - http://www.coachella.com/forum/search.php?searchid=532025
and by the way, your movie sucked balls...)http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff286/oxymoronically/3.gif

anyway,

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120

yes, yes, aware of lake cahuilla... was wondering if there were any other suggestions...

sk8r408
03-16-2008, 06:49 PM
yes, yes, aware of lake cahuilla... was wondering if there were any other suggestions...

Why do you need more suggestions? Cahuilla is exactly what you are asking for...

"i'm not interested in RV camping and i'm not interested in campgrounds 45miles away... & some of the campsites they list don't even open until the middle of may, that's useful... geez...

so does anyone have any recommendations for inexpensive off-site tent camping??

also, campgrounds in which i can come & go 24-hours a day... campground that close their gates at dark are completely worthless in this case... and i don't want to leave my tent unattended for three days, so a campground that'll let me reserve 'my spot' would be highly valuable..."

nbvwes
03-17-2008, 12:26 AM
so lake cahuilla is the only good tent camping spot in the Palm Springs area? okay. cool. thanks for taking the time to answer my question. i appreciate it...

sk8r408
03-17-2008, 11:22 PM
You're welcome.

P.S. Lake Cahuilla sucks. Don't stay there. You will hate it. Please don't do it.

adobecampsite
03-18-2008, 12:17 PM
That's right, Adobe's back! Ask around, we do have references! This is our fourth year offering Coachella-goers a unique, uncrowded camping experience. We have a three acre private estate with various grassy and shaded areas ideal for camping, three outdoor showers (enclosed for privacy), and three toilets. Located one block away from the venue itself, a five minute walk to the festival entrance, you will be perfectly situated. Save yourself the stress and long waits, come stay with us! Fees are $20 per person per night, as well as $10 for parking your vehicle for the weekend. To make reservations, or if you have any questions please feel free to contact us at dormart01@aol.com

Thanks,
AdobeCampSite

paula
03-18-2008, 03:16 PM
The best spot to camp offsite is Shadow Hills RV Resort. Last year there were over 600 tenters. www.shadowhillsrvresort.com

nbvwes
03-19-2008, 01:31 AM
You're welcome.

P.S. Lake Cahuilla sucks. Don't stay there. You will hate it. Please don't do it.

i know, i've been there... that's why i was wondering if there were any other suitable campgrounds... i mean, i'm not expecting much from the desert, but come on...

That's right, Adobe's back! Ask around, we do have references! This is our fourth year offering Coachella-goers a unique, uncrowded camping experience. We have a three acre private estate with various grassy and shaded areas ideal for camping, three outdoor showers (enclosed for privacy), and three toilets. Located one block away from the venue itself, a five minute walk to the festival entrance, you will be perfectly situated. Save yourself the stress and long waits, come stay with us! Fees are $20 per person per night, as well as $10 for parking your vehicle for the weekend. To make reservations, or if you have any questions please feel free to contact us at dormart01@aol.com

Thanks,
AdobeCampSite

no offense, but 8 posts and no website isn't my idea of references... and your email address is too similar to 'door mat' and i don't feel like being someone's...

The best spot to camp offsite is Shadow Hills RV Resort. www.shadowhillsrvresort.com

{sigh} yeah, i'm sure a senior citizen RV resort WOULD be nice, however i'm interested in tent camping, and i saw nothing on that website suggesting such...

geez, the whole point when i started this thread was the thinking that the 5,000-post multi-year vets would have piles of info, but the only ones offering help are newbies with 10 posts or less and unreliable info...

paula
03-19-2008, 09:31 AM
www.shadowhilsrvresort.com is going to have a link just for Coachella goers by the end of the week for rates activities amenities and reservations we apologies it has not been up sooner and were dealing with it. We had about 500 campers last year who all had a great time and no complaints. We just started a thread on the forum and are taking suggestions or comments on last years experience.

claudia_zaragoza
03-19-2008, 05:13 PM
i live only 2 miles away from the event we are going to have ppl stay there if your interested email me at czaragoza07@hotmail.com

nbvwes
03-20-2008, 12:30 AM
www.shadowhilsrvresort.com is going to have a link just for Coachella goers by the end of the week for rates activities amenities and reservations we apologies it has not been up sooner and were dealing with it. We had about 500 campers last year who all had a great time and no complaints. We just started a thread on the forum and are taking suggestions or comments on last years experience.

if it's tent camping, cool i'll check it out, come back when there's more info...

i live only 2 miles away from the event we are going to have ppl stay there if your interested email me at czaragoza07@hotmail.com

any more info?

thestripe
03-20-2008, 04:43 AM
I have stayed a Lake Cahuilla every year. This will be the first year that I will not be camping there, we have upgraded to renting a house. I have always had a great time at Lake Cahuilla. The people there are friendly, it's a short drive from the fest, and you can drink. Even the primitive area is a great time. If you do not want on-site camping or Lake Cahuilla then I really donít know what you are looking for.

claudia_zaragoza
03-23-2008, 06:36 PM
yup!
its only 20 a night...you have access to 2 bathrooms, a kitchen if you would like to cook of course bring your own food , and a tv..unless you want to be outside in the hot sun. there will be coolers so you can put your own drinks. and yup is there anything else you would like to know? or was that enough?