PDA

View Full Version : SHOW your line up...

clumsy342
03-14-2008, 10:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/clumsy342/poster.jpg

So here is a visual representation of what I'm expecting to see at Coachella.
It ranges from 'HAVE-TO-FUCKING-SEE'.. to ..'will see if there's time'.

I encourage you to make up your own highlighted poster and post it here.
In this thread.
This ... thread I'm making.

So yes...

Let's SEEE who YOU want to SEE!!!

brycerosen
03-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Roger Waters * Portishead * Jack Johnson * Kraftwerk * the Verve * the Raconteurs
* Death Cab for Cutie * Love and Rockets * My Morning Jacket * Aphex Twin * the Breeders
* Justice * Café Tacvba * Fatboy Slim * Spiritualized * Tegan and Sara * Goldfrapp * Serj Tankian
*the Swell Season * Sasha & John Digweed * Gogol Bordello * Rilo Kiley * Chromeo * the Streets
* Dwight Yoakam * M.I.A. * the National* Metric * Hot Chip * Cold War Kids * Animal Collective
* Kate Nash * Múm * Slighty Stoopid * Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks * Above & Beyond
* Danny Tenaglia * Pendulum * DeVotchKa * Booka Shade * Simian Mobile Disco
* Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings * Murs * Stars * Flogging Molly * Mark Ronson * Redd Kross
* Dimitri from Paris * Battles * Turbonegro * Autolux * Aesop Rock * the Field * Les Savy Fav
* Scars on Broadway * Linton Kwesi Johnson* Midnight Juggernauts * Islands * the Cool Kids
* Does it Offend You, Yeah? * Enter Shikari * Sons & Daughters * Minus the Bear * Sia * Calvin Harris * Holy F*ck * Spank Rock * dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip * Boys Noize * Black Kids * Diplo * Junkie XL
* Black Mountain * Adam Freeland * Annuals * Cinematic Orchestra * Santogold * Jamie T
* Jens Lekman * Kid Sister with A-Trak * the Teenagers * John Butler Trio * Duffy
* I'm From Barcelona * Vampire Weekend * VHS or Beta * Deadmau5 * Carbon/Silicon
* Manchester Orchestra * Dan Deacon* Erol Alkan * Architecture in Helsinki * Man Man
* Sandra Collins * Yo! Majesty * AUSTIN TV * Adele * Busy P * Little Brother * Cut Copy
* Shout Out Louds * Bonde Do Role * Plastiscines * Black Lips * St. Vincent * Brett Dennen
* Datarock * Akron/Family * MGMT * Professor Murder * Surkin * Para One * Orgasmic Curses
* James Zabiela * the Bees * Reverend and the Makers * SebastiAn * Kavinsky * Porter * Rogue Wave Dredg * the Bird and the Bee * Yoav * Modeselektor * Grand Ole Party * New Young Pony Club
* 120 Days * American Bang * Luckyiam * Electric Touch * Yelle * Uffie featuring DJ Mehdi.

HunterGather
03-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Portishead, Kraftwerk, Aphex Twin, Justice, Fatboy Slim, Goldfrapp, M.I.A., Hot Chip, Pendulum, Simian Mobile Disco, Aesop Rock, Kid Sister w/A-Trak, Uffie w/DJ Mehdi, SebastiAn, Kavinsky, Busy P, Spank Rock, The Streets, Diplo, Yo Majesty, Chromeo....
provided there are no conflicts, which I'm sure there will be.

And any of the others that just happen to be playing and I'm close to. Hopefully be exposed to some good new music.

SecretPrescription
03-15-2008, 05:54 PM
all i will say is that this is a damn good festival that keeps getting better.
if somebody posted this current poster on the boards last year, nobody would believe it to be possible. portishead? aphex twin? these were fucking pipe dreams that somehow came true. i think it's a testament to the internet really, and these grassroots movements of opinion and desire. these are great times we live in.

i'm a happy man

gaypalmsprings
03-15-2008, 05:58 PM
u work for GV, eh?

PassiveTheory
03-15-2008, 06:05 PM
u work for GV, eh?

Anyone who says they don't is lying. Bwahahah.

captncrzy
03-15-2008, 06:11 PM
I have mine broken down into "must see", "will see" and "don't bother". I'm going to have to wait until the set times are announced to release my lineup.

Somewhat Damaged
03-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Same here. I don't even know who's playing which fucking day and can't be bothered to check the main page 'cause I know it's changing pretty frequently. My only guarantees are full sets for Portishead and the Streets and at least partial sets for Kraftwerk, Aphex Twin, Fatboy Slim, and Roger Waters (provided none of them conflict with the two aforementioned full set guarantees).

msklvr
03-15-2008, 09:07 PM
* the Verve
* the Raconteurs
* the Breeders
* Fatboy Slim
* Serj Tankian
* the National
* Mum
* Pendulum
* Battles
* dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip
* Adam Freeland
* John Butler Trio

* Portishead
* Kraftwerk
* Death Cab for Cutie
* Cold War Kids
* Animal Collective
* Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks
* Flogging Molly
* Scars on Broadway
* CarbonSilicon
* Minus the Bear
* Dredg
* Yoav

* Roger Waters
* Love and Rockets
* Spiritualized
* Justice
* Gogol Bordello
* Autolux
* Linton Kwesi Johnson
* Holy F*ck
* Black Mountain
* Modeselektor
* AUSTIN TV

Oh, and whatever day Aphex ends up being on, Aphex is a must see.

Boourns
03-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Any lineup without Metric = FAIL

Jesse
03-16-2008, 01:25 AM
Must See

Want to See
Will see if I have time

Friday
the Verve
the Raconteurs
the Breeders
Fatboy Slim
Tegan and Sara
Serj Tankian
the Swell Season
the National
Mum
Battles
Aesop Rock
Les Savy Fav
Midnight Juggernauts
dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip
Diplo
Jens Lekman
John Butler Trio
Vampire Weekend
Dan Deacon
Black Kids
Architecture in Helsinki
Rogue Wave

Saturday
Portishead
Kraftwerk
Death Cab for Cutie
Rilo Kiley
M.I.A.
Hot Chip
Cold War Kids
Animal Collective
Kate Nash
Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks
DeVotchKa
Flogging Molly
Turbonegro
Islands
Jamie T
VHS or Beta
CarbonSilicon
Man Man
Yo! Majesty
St. Vincent
Akron/Family
MGMT
Minus the Bear
Dredg

Sunday
Roger Waters
My Morning Jacket
Spiritualized
Justice
Gogol Bordello
the Streets
Metric
Stars
the Cool Kids
Holy F*ck
Black Mountain
Annuals
I'm from Barcelona
Manchester Orchestra
AUSTIN TV
Shout Out Louds

You can add Aphex Twin and Goldfrapp as acts i would like to see, and will if i can fit them in... I of course realize that there's no way i'm going to catch all (half even) of these acts...but i'm working on a specific hierarchy and spreading my bets...

breakjaw
03-16-2008, 01:44 AM
You can add Aphex Twin and Goldfrapp as acts i would like to see, and will if i can fit them in... I of course realize that there's no way i'm going to catch all (half even) of these acts...but i'm working on a specific hierarchy and spreading my bets...
I just want to know one thing Jesse.Where can I find a woman like that?

Boourns
03-16-2008, 01:47 AM
Absolutely must see:
Portishead
Roger Waters
Kraftwerk
The Verve
The Raconteurs
Aphex Twin
Justice
Metric
Islands
St. Vincent

Want to see:
Death Cab for Cutie
Fatboy Slim
Spiritualized
Gogol Bordello
Simian Mobile Disco
Battles
Akron/Family

Wouldn't mind checking out if time permits:
Love and Rockets
The Breeders
Goldfrapp
Rilo Kiley
The Swell Season
M.I.A.
Animal Collective
Mum
Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings
Stars
Sia
Boys Noize
Sons & Daughters
Kid Sister with A-Trak
VHS or Beta
Dan Deacon
MGMT
the Bird and the Bee

Avoid at all costs:
Jack Johnson
My Morning Jacket
Tegan and Sara
Dwight Yoakam
The National
Hot Chip
Kate Nash
Slightly Stoopid
Autolux
Les Savy Fav
Enter Shikari
Junkie XL
Jens Lekman
Duffy
Architecture in Helsinki
Yo! Majesty
Adele
Does It Offend You, Yeah?

Wheres the beef?
03-16-2008, 02:29 AM
Roger Waters * Portishead * Jack Johnson * Kraftwerk * the Verve * the Raconteurs
* Death Cab for Cutie * Love and Rockets * My Morning Jacket * Aphex Twin * the Breeders
* Justice * Café Tacvba * Fatboy Slim * Spiritualized * Tegan and Sara * Goldfrapp * Serj Tankian
*the Swell Season * Sasha & John Digweed * Gogol Bordello * Rilo Kiley * Chromeo * the Streets
* Dwight Yoakam * M.I.A. * the National* Metric * Hot Chip * Cold War Kids * Animal Collective
* Kate Nash * Múm * Slighty Stoopid * Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks * Above & Beyond
* Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings * Murs * Stars * Flogging Molly * Mark Ronson * Redd Kross
* Dimitri from Paris * Battles * Turbonegro * Autolux * Aesop Rock * the Field * Les Savy Fav
* Scars on Broadway * Linton Kwesi Johnson* Midnight Juggernauts * Islands * the Cool Kids
* Does it Offend You, Yeah? * Enter Shikari * Sons & Daughters * Minus the Bear * Sia * Calvin Harris * Holy F*ck * Spank Rock * dan le sac Vs Scroobius Pip * Boys Noize * Black Kids * Diplo * Junkie XL
* Black Mountain * Adam Freeland * Annuals * Cinematic Orchestra * Santogold * Jamie T
* Jens Lekman * Kid Sister with A-Trak * the Teenagers * John Butler Trio * Duffy
* I'm From Barcelona * Vampire Weekend * VHS or Beta * Deadmau5 * Carbon/Silicon
* Manchester Orchestra * Dan Deacon* Erol Alkan * Architecture in Helsinki * Man Man
* Sandra Collins * Yo! Majesty * AUSTIN TV * Adele * Busy P * Little Brother * Cut Copy
* Shout Out Louds * Bonde Do Role * Plastiscines * Black Lips * St. Vincent * Brett Dennen
* Datarock * Akron/Family * MGMT * Professor Murder * Surkin * Para One * Orgasmic Curses
* James Zabiela * the Bees * Reverend and the Makers * SebastiAn * Kavinsky * Porter * Rogue Wave Dredg * the Bird and the Bee * Yoav * Modeselektor * Grand Ole Party * New Young Pony Club
* 120 Days * American Bang * Luckyiam * Electric Touch * Yelle * Uffie featuring DJ Mehdi.

Wheres the beef?
03-16-2008, 02:30 AM
Absolutely must see:
Portishead
Roger Waters
Kraftwerk
The Verve
The Raconteurs
Aphex Twin
Justice
Metric
Islands
St. Vincent

Want to see:
Death Cab for Cutie
Fatboy Slim
Spiritualized
Gogol Bordello
Simian Mobile Disco
Battles
Akron/Family

Wouldn't mind checking out if time permits:
Love and Rockets
The Breeders
Goldfrapp
Rilo Kiley
The Swell Season
M.I.A.
Animal Collective
Mum
Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings
Stars
Sia
Boys Noize
Sons & Daughters
Kid Sister with A-Trak
VHS or Beta
Dan Deacon
MGMT
the Bird and the Bee

Avoid at all costs:
Jack Johnson
My Morning Jacket
Tegan and Sara
Dwight Yoakam
The National
Hot Chip
Kate Nash
Slightly Stoopid
Autolux
Les Savy Fav
Enter Shikari
Junkie XL
Jens Lekman
Duffy
Architecture in Helsinki
Yo! Majesty
Adele

Does It Offend You, Yeah? ?

Jesse
03-16-2008, 09:48 AM
I just want to know one thing Jesse.Where can I find a woman like that?

Ummm..... not here? I guess my profile doesn't specify that I'm a guy ... ;)
sorry...

miscorrections
03-16-2008, 09:56 AM
How can you not know Rick Springfield?

menikmati
03-16-2008, 09:57 AM
* Justice * Caf Tacvba * Fatboy Slim * Spiritualized * Tegan and Sara * Goldfrapp * Serj Tankian
* Kate Nash * Mm * Slighty Stoopid * Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks * Above & Beyond

Jesse
03-16-2008, 10:24 AM
How can you not know Rick Springfield?

Duuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sorry. My bad.

Boourns
03-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Does It Offend You, Yeah? ?

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me.

woogie846
03-16-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm too lazy to make separate lists, so these are the acts that I want to see over the entire weekend:

Roger Waters, Portishead, Kraftwerk, DCFC, MMJ, The Breeders, Justice, Fatboy Slim, Spiritualized, Aphex Twin, Serj Tankian, Gogol Bordello, The National, Hot Chip, Cold War Kids, Animal Collective, Stephen Malkmus, DeVotchKa, Simian Mobile Disco, Sharon Jones, Murs, Flogging Molly, Battles, Autolux, Les Savy Fav, Scars on Broadway, Islands, Holy Fuck, dan le sac vs. Scroobius Pip, Black Mountain, Annuals, I'm from Barcelona, Jens Lekman, Vampire Weekend, Architecture in Helsinki, Man Man, the Black Lips, Akron/Family, MGMT.

clumsy342
03-16-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm glad that you have all responded, but I made this thread for people to make a more visual representation of who they want to see.
Hence the poster I highlighted.
I know you might not all use photoshop, but otherwise... this thread is pretty redundant.

Maybe not the best idea but whatever. I had fun making my personalized poster.

Wheres the beef?
03-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me.

So where are they on your list?

edit: nevermind...........disappointment

paulb
03-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Friday:
The Verve
Fatboy Slim
Battles
Dan Le Sac vs Scooby Doo
Vampire Weekend
Busy P
Raconteurs
pendulum
spank rock
adam freeland

Saturday:
Aphex Twin
MIA
Flogging Molly
Boys Noize
Erol Alkan
St. Vincent
MGMT
Institubes
Sebastian
Kavinsky
Uffie w/ DJ Mehdi
Portishead
Kraftwerk
Sasha & John Digweed
Kate Nash
VHS or Beta

Sunday:
Justice
Gogol Bordello
Metric
Roger Waters
Simian Mobile Disco
Holy Fuck
Modeselektor
Sia
Black Mountain
Kid Sister w/ A-trak

betao
03-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Bands I want to see.. absolutely must see at all costs is in bold.

Kraftwerk
Aphex Twin
Portishead (most of the set)
Fatboy Slim
Pendulum
Gogol Bordello
Justice
Booka Shade
Simian Mobile Disco
Holy Fuck
Battles
Mum
Animal Collective
Sasha/Digweed
Hot Chip
Does it Offend you, yeah
Goldfrapp
Modeselektor
Erol Alkan
My Morning Jacket
Roger Waters
The Streets
James Zabiela
Danny Tenaglia
VHS or Beta
Boys Noize
Adam Freeland
Datarock

patsfan5454
03-16-2008, 08:57 PM
FRIDAY:

Luckyiam
Datarock
CutCopy
Spank Rock
Does it Offend You Yeah?
Aesop Rock
Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
Fatboy Slim
the Raconteurs
Jack Johnson

SATURDAY:

Kavinsky
MGMT
VHS or Beta
Boys Noize
Turbonegro
Flogging Molly
Cold War Kids
M.I.A.
Dwight Yoakam
Rilo Kiley
Death Cab for Cutie
Kraftwerk

Sunday:

Shout Out Louds
Murs
Simian Mobile Disco
the Streets
Chromeo
Gogol Bordello
Justice
Roger Waters

thestripe
03-17-2008, 06:06 AM
I'll play because there is nothing better to do. The ones that are in bold, are the acts that I am 99% certain that I'll be attending if conflicts do not arise.

The Verve, The Raconteurs, The Breeders, The Swell Season, the National, Mum, Battles, Les Savy Fav, Vampire Weekend, Black Lips, The Bees, Rogue Wave.

Portishead, Kraftwerk, Death Cab, Cafe Tacvba, Dwight Yoakam, M.I.A., Hot Chip, Cold War Kids, Animal Collective, Stephen Malkmus, DeVotchKa, Islands, Carbon Silicon, Man man, Bonde Do Role, St. Vincent, Akron Family, MGMT, Grand Ole Party

Roger Waters, MMJ, Spiritualized, Justice, Golgol Bordello, The Streets, Metric, Autolux, Stars, Holy Fuck, Black Mountian, Annuals, Modeselektor

Also would not mind catching Aphex Twin on whatever day he's playing.