PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL Old Couples Who Just Want To Get Some Sleep Camping Club.

M Sparks
03-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Hey gang! Is 12 straight hours of music and dancing enough partying for you, especially three days in a row?

Do you barely have enough energy to bang your own partner at the end of the night, let alone get involved in an orgy- whether it be gay, straight, or inter-species?

Do you consider a fiery desert a less than optimum place to get hammered and pass out?

Has it been 5-10 years since you've yelled "WOOOOOOOOOO!" at 3AM?

Then join the Old Couples Who Just Want To Get Some Sleep Camping Club! Actually you don't have to be old. You don't have to be a couple. But you should want to get a good night's sleep.

We plan on arriving really early on Thursday and grabbing an optimum spot in relation to the gates/showers/potties. If anyone else who's not a 24 Hour Party Person would like to be our neighbors, we'd be happy to try to save a few spots. We've got a 8x11 shade canopy, so camping to the west or north of us might help you sleep in in the morning too.

C'mon fellow nerds and "old" people! Let's build a quiet little suburb in the campground. The rules are simple...

- No Drum Circles. Also, no didgeridoos.
- No random yelling, especially non-words.
- Puke in your own containment system, not on someone else's campsite.

Take all the drugs you want, as long as it doesn't make you tell boring stories all night. (Or play drums, of course). Personally, I'm going to be on Prilosec. It's time release, bitchezzz, so I'm gonna be rolling on that shit all weekend!

M Sparks
03-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Bump...I'm joking, but I'm not. I've gotten one PM from a fellow old coot. Let's get a mellow little grid going.

fasttrack
03-14-2008, 01:49 PM
for some reason, i never have a hard time getting to sleep at coachella. the only thing that wakes me up is the harsh heat the sun brings in the morning.
i even managed to sleep through the craziness with the police helicopter last year.

thelastgreatman
03-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Old people should take sleeping pills and shut the fuck up--I have business to conduct.

By old people, I mean Amy.

sbessiso
03-14-2008, 03:59 PM
sleep is never a problem for me, hey greatman, i forget, are you actually camping?

thelastgreatman
03-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Of course. But I'm going to be deep in my beloved snatch the whole weekend, I'm sorry.

sbessiso
03-14-2008, 04:01 PM
i should be apologizing to you

thelastgreatman
03-14-2008, 04:04 PM
No sir. Believe me, she can take it as well as any of you queerbait.

sbessiso
03-14-2008, 04:06 PM
no i mean ive got my own business to conduct, a certain fedora wearing douche is gonna get it good, i'm a chill guy, but damn i hate that fucker

thelastgreatman
03-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Between you, the walrus, and the Rage fans, Supre's head is never going to be the right shape for this fedora again.

gratytrainridesagain
03-14-2008, 04:15 PM
lol

sbessiso
03-14-2008, 04:15 PM
we can only pray for such an outcome

(i'll find time in between for some snatch of my own)

Gyrus
03-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Sleep is for the weak, not for the weekend, and certainly not fucking coachella

nbvwes
03-15-2008, 07:38 AM
if you want sleep, then being near the gates, showers, potties is the LAST place you'll want to be...

if you wanna sleep get a spot near the very back and hope against no drum circles...

gaypalmsprings
03-15-2008, 07:41 AM
I'm old but not a couple. Solo at the Polo.

JClemy
03-15-2008, 08:21 AM
Sleep was good. I never had trouble sleeping though. I'm definitely remembering allergy pills this time. Time to get high as a kite on breathing right.

M Sparks
03-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Yah..I know it won't matter really noise-wise. But it would be nice to know that the people sleeping one foot away from you aren't going to be vomiting onto your tent. Especially since mine is all mesh on top.

GPS, you're welcome of course, but I thought you were organizing the gay orgy.

JClemy
03-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Vomit is pretty crappy.

M Sparks
03-15-2008, 08:28 AM
Sleep was good. I never had trouble sleeping though. I'm definitely remembering allergy pills this time. Time to get high as a kite on breathing right.

Yeah, two Benadryls do the trick. You know, Tylynol PM has basically the same drug in it as Benadryl, it's just missing the last "ide" or something.

sbessiso
03-15-2008, 08:29 AM
actually, im pretty sure GPS wasnt organizing the gay orgy, im not sure who brought it up first

fuck yeah man. had my musinex, vitimin c and benadryl with me for langerado

kitt kat
03-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Take all the drugs you want, as long as it doesn't make you tell boring stories all night. (Or play drums, of course).

FTW

Bud Luster
03-15-2008, 02:13 PM
I am usually asleep shortly after the fest. Even when comin down and being surrounded by partiers. Im soooo beat after the show and I use some good earplugs and Im done.

sbessiso
03-15-2008, 02:14 PM
i usually dont ever even need the earplugs, out like a light

JClemy
03-15-2008, 02:16 PM
fuck yeah man. had my musinex, vitimin c and benadryl with me for langerado

I was just going to ask if anyone knew good non drowsy allergy medicine. I couldn't remember the name of the stuff I used. It was benadryl. Thanks

sbessiso
03-15-2008, 02:17 PM
always happy to help out a canadian

JClemy
03-15-2008, 02:19 PM
I remember because the guy needed to look at our ID's to make sure we weren't making meth

sbessiso
03-15-2008, 02:21 PM
same here! except I was buying dayquil

M Sparks
03-15-2008, 02:31 PM
I was just going to ask if anyone knew good non drowsy allergy medicine. I couldn't remember the name of the stuff I used. It was benadryl. Thanks

Benadryl is the ultra-drowsy medicine. Claritin is good for daytime. You can get generics of both.

And again, I'm not really worried about GETTING sleep, because I will be exhausted every night. And if I'm not, I didn't spend my day right. I just don't want someone extremely obnoxious RIGHT next to us. I'm sure 90% of the campers are cool. Plus, I don't want to be anyone's buzzkill. If there's someone next to me who just won't shut up, I'm gonna wind up turning into a prick and then no one has fun. Just looking for some good mellow neighbors.

Looks like so far we maybe have 5 spots.

M Sparks
03-15-2008, 02:33 PM
I remember because the guy needed to look at our ID's to make sure we weren't making meth

That's Sudafed (alone with a bunch of other stuff). Straight up Benadryl doesn't have anything for meth making. Maybe they make another variety.

JClemy
03-15-2008, 02:34 PM
I don't think I'll be able to join you. The friends that I'm with like to party. They are really respectful though but they enjoy a party. Last year though I don't think any of us were up for any party at the end of the day.

dancebitches
03-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Hey gang! Is 12 straight hours of music and dancing enough partying for you, especially three days in a row?

Do you barely have enough energy to bang your own partner at the end of the night, let alone get involved in an orgy- whether it be gay, straight, or inter-species?

Do you consider a fiery desert a less than optimum place to get hammered and pass out?

Has it been 5-10 years since you've yelled "WOOOOOOOOOO!" at 3AM?

Then join the Old Couples Who Just Want To Get Some Sleep Camping Club! Actually you don't have to be old. You don't have to be a couple. But you should want to get a good night's sleep.

We plan on arriving really early on Thursday and grabbing an optimum spot in relation to the gates/showers/potties. If anyone else who's not a 24 Hour Party Person would like to be our neighbors, we'd be happy to try to save a few spots. We've got a 8x11 shade canopy, so camping to the west or north of us might help you sleep in in the morning too.

C'mon fellow nerds and "old" people! Let's build a quiet little suburb in the campground. The rules are simple...

- No Drum Circles. Also, no didgeridoos.
- No random yelling, especially non-words.
- Puke in your own containment system, not on someone else's campsite.

Take all the drugs you want, as long as it doesn't make you tell boring stories all night. (Or play drums, of course). Personally, I'm going to be on Prilosec. It's time release, bitchezzz, so I'm gonna be rolling on that shit all weekend!

it's funny because the reason why my boyfriend is reluctant to camp is because he wants to be able to sleep and not be next to obnoxious partiers. we'll be your friendly neighbors who know how to have fun but also know what time is an optimal time to sleep (like after 12... we're sleepers). however, we're not old. we're just looking to relax over the weekend. oh and i saw you talking about a tent that you got from target. is it green? and about $60? i'm gonna go get, like, now.

so count us in. we promise, no puking on your tent.

M Sparks
03-16-2008, 02:54 PM
it's funny because the reason why my boyfriend is reluctant to camp is because he wants to be able to sleep and not be next to obnoxious partiers. we'll be your friendly neighbors who know how to have fun but also know what time is an optimal time to sleep (like after 12... we're sleepers). however, we're not old. we're just looking to relax over the weekend. oh and i saw you talking about a tent that you got from target. is it green? and about $60? i'm gonna go get, like, now.

so count us in. we promise, no puking on your tent.

Sweet...that makes 7. This might work out afterall.

And yeah...that tent was $60 at target. It says 8 x 10, but two sides bend OUT, so it's more like 12'. And it's 5'9" tall. I felt silly buying it because we have a fairly new 8 x 8 tent, but it just seemed perfect for Coachella.

PM me.

M Sparks
03-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Here it is...
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BGnwrVy5L._SS260_.jpg

amyzzz
03-17-2008, 07:42 AM
Old people should take sleeping pills and shut the fuck up--I have business to conduct.

By old people, I mean Amy.
I'm not camping this year.

Bosco
04-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Hey thanks again for setting up this camping group. Everyone around us was great and I got a good amount of sleep each night!

chiapet
04-30-2008, 12:16 PM
How did this work out for you? We were a little worried for your group when we realized they put the "quiet" campers between the solos and party all weekend groups. :)

BTW, which of you did we meet when we had first arrived (maybe around 11AM on Thursday)? I never caught your names though you looked familiar from pictures and I'm not willing go through all the pages of the "post your picture" thread!

Bosco
04-30-2008, 12:21 PM
The party all nighters were pussies. I didnt here anything from them at all.....actually the whole camping section "A" was pretty quiet altogether.

suprefan
04-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Wear earplugs, and if you are ''old people'' that means you might be used to the noise with having kids and all, so you can sleep through it.

Bud Luster
04-30-2008, 12:34 PM
The party all nighters were pussies. I didnt here anything from them at all.....actually the whole camping section "A" was pretty quiet altogether.

They were actually the "party all weekend" group and partied so much the first night and during every day that they lived up to their name. The solo group was the loud obnoxious group. good for them. earplugs rule, but I need a professional type noise cancelling pair for next year. Everyone in the mellow group was actually quite mellow, even those of us who partied quite a bit were quiet and respectful and sleepy at the wee hours.

M Sparks
04-30-2008, 02:07 PM
BTW, which of you did we meet when we had first arrived (maybe around 11AM on Thursday)? I never caught your names though you looked familiar from pictures and I'm not willing go through all the pages of the "post your picture" thread!

First ones in were me and my wife, Petty, and Janxter. You told me your screen name, but I didn't hear it, so I just nodded like I did. :D

M Sparks
04-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Wear earplugs, and if you are ''old people'' that means you might be used to the noise with having kids and all.

Yeah, when you pass 30, the government just issues you kids. :rolleyes

M Sparks
04-30-2008, 02:11 PM

Yeah, nothing woke me up but the Saturday night conga line. Actually, even they didn't wake me up, but Frozen Pilgrim was right across from me, and he had to yell though my tent to tell them to fuck off. :D

chiapet
04-30-2008, 02:43 PM
First ones in were me and my wife, Petty, and Janxter. You told me your screen name, but I didn't hear it, so I just nodded like I did. :D

Oh cool. I thought that might be you but I couldn't hear either (had a cold and plugged up ears, so I kept asking people to repeat themselves all weekend). Good to more or less meet you. :)

Bud Luster, we were "obnoxious"? I don't remember people being too loud, and my tent was right next to the social area of the solo group. But.. I sleep with ear plugs. :)

coofal
05-03-2008, 08:13 AM
The solo group was the loud obnoxious group. good for them. earplugs rule

WORD

Yes, the Solo at Polo campers were way too loud & obnoxious.

myelectrolife
05-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Honestly after the enitre day of amazing music I was so pumped up I couldnt even think of sleep. I would suggest getting over the whole "people are partying too loud" thing. I was pretty quiet after the shows but I didnt care that others were loud. People had been waiting all year for this event it is understanable that there is a ruckus. Plus the VAST majority of those who camped were relatively young. You get a group of 10,000 college students together for a weekend of music, dancing and camping and you think they are just going to bed at 12am? YOUR CRAZY!
This festivals campground is quite tame in my opinion.

and no im not a young college student, I am however realistic.

chiapet
05-03-2008, 11:54 AM
I find it amazing that people say we were loud and obnoxious. My tent was pulled up right next to our canopy area, where everyone was hanging out, and I didn't hear anything. Earplugs. :)

chiapet
05-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Sadly coachella was not around when I was in college, if it had been there, and I had the money to show up, I would have been LOUD and OBNOXIOUS. As it were, I'm old and fall asleep by 2AM even if there is a riot going on.

sbessiso
05-03-2008, 11:59 AM
did you even hear the riot chia?

its funny, i know for a fact my sister was part of it and shes totally sober, while i was on a goulash of things, and the best i could do was stay in the "party" all weekend power circle

chiapet
05-03-2008, 01:10 PM
I meant last year's with the helicopters and such. :) If you mean this year's mobile noise makers, yea, I heard them but I was awake.

rageurmom
05-04-2008, 11:10 PM
CHIA!! next year i'm there i swear. AND camping of course. miss ya ...

peterluber
05-04-2008, 11:26 PM
I yelled "WOOO" at 3 AM. Suckaaa

M Sparks
05-05-2008, 09:22 AM
I find it amazing that people say we were loud and obnoxious.

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary from either group on either side. Saturday night conga line was the only issue.

M Sparks
05-05-2008, 09:24 AM
OHHHHH! And the guy playing the Hooter at 4am! Can't remember what night, but that was the most obnoxious. It was really quiet except for him. It's one thing if 500 people want to march around the perimeter partying, but this was literally just one idiot.

chiapet
05-05-2008, 09:36 AM
It's so weird, I don't remember this stuff, and I was completely sober and am a light sleeper. :) I think we did initiate some campground waves-of-screams, but that was *right* after Prince, and I'm pretty sure you all were awake at that point. It seemed like everyone in the campground was up and about after Prince. :)

M Sparks
05-05-2008, 01:58 PM
I don't know how anyone could have missed the Hooter guy.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/Melodica.jpg/800px-Melodica.jpg

stinkbutt
05-05-2008, 02:01 PM
I don't know how anyone could have missed the Hooter guy.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cf/Melodica.jpg/800px-Melodica.jpg

He walked around with that thing all weekend and was so messed that whatever he played never really made sense.

chiapet
05-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks I was wondering what a Hooter was. :) I didn't see that at all.

M Sparks
05-05-2008, 05:14 PM
I guess "Melodica" is the proper term.

I only saw it once, but I couldn't miss hearing it all night (Thursday, I think).

Bud Luster
05-05-2008, 05:19 PM
I find it amazing that people say we were loud and obnoxious. My tent was pulled up right next to our canopy area, where everyone was hanging out, and I didn't hear anything. Earplugs. :)

Oh dont sweat it (not that you were) it could have been people near you guys too. But I heard the "1,2,3, wooooooooo!" countdown then cheer plenty of times. Like I said, I had earplugs and its a music fest, so I wasnt worried about it.

chiapet
05-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Oh the "woooos" could have been us :)

M Sparks, I don't think I would have known what you were talking about if you said Melodica either. I had to look it up on Wikipedia, I would have never guessed how it is played.

M Sparks
05-06-2008, 04:48 AM
I described it to someone else as "that thing Martin Gore plays on "Everything Counts" in DM101".

Cafe Tacvuba had one.

clarky123
05-06-2008, 05:30 AM
Absolute fucking disgrace.
That was the most annoying tuneless crap I have ever heard. We were really tired as a result on Sunday and will be staying in a hotel next year. Coachella’s 'T.I.S.T’ (Totally Ineffective Security Team) will not do anything about this as they said they "Don't want the police involved because it causes more trouble".
So get ready campers, because each year will now be a free for all. There were beer bottles all over the place after Saturday night which indicates how good the search policy really is, so it now appears worth the risk.
By the way, earplugs don't work against that sort of shitty excessive noise.

chiapet
05-06-2008, 12:28 PM
I seriously did not hear a peep and was under the influence of nothing but my own sleepiness. I had earplugs but they're higher NRR rating. I just find this odd because I'm the lightest sleeper. My phone vibrating halfway across my bedroom, wakes me up on an average night.

I was personally a little irritated with the amount of glass bottles that were brought in this year. I don't care if people drink, but it sucks to step on broken glass and track it back into your tent, etc.

M Sparks
05-06-2008, 01:21 PM
I didn't see any glass, but really I just walked that back aisle between the entrance and section A each day. Didn't go exploring much except the first night.

The security was really annoying. Sometimes they were way TOO careful...there would be a line backed up, and they're looking through every crevice of my wife's purse. But then other times, I would just walk right through with a ton of equipment. Now, I was happy to not have to wait, but I always thought "I could have ANYTHING in here."

They should be looking for glass anything, giant CASES of beer, weapons, and fucking Melodicas. Those should all be easy to find, and would solve 90% of problems. If someone has 2 cans of beer or a tiny bag of weed, it's not going to cause an issue.

Sonicifyouwantit
05-06-2008, 01:34 PM

Hotel Room

Bud Luster
05-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Absolute fucking disgrace.
That was the most annoying tuneless crap I have ever heard. We were really tired as a result on Sunday and will be staying in a hotel next year. Coachella’s 'T.I.S.T’ (Totally Ineffective Security Team) will not do anything about this as they said they "Don't want the police involved because it causes more trouble".
So get ready campers, because each year will now be a free for all. There were beer bottles all over the place after Saturday night which indicates how good the search policy really is, so it now appears worth the risk.
By the way, earplugs don't work against that sort of shitty excessive noise.

Clarky, arent you English? (Aussie perhaps) Im wondering how the loud festival partying camping situation at Coachella differs from the UK fests that you might have been to. I might be getting a hotel next year too though (if I dont go solo that is)

chiapet
05-06-2008, 07:59 PM
I've heard UK fests are out of control, in terms of the camping situation. I certainly feel too old for it. :)

Bud Luster
03-09-2010, 12:16 PM
YO WTF GROUP SEX!!! BBQ DADDY'S BALLS CLUSTER RAPE TENT, SHADE DURING THE DAY ASS AND TITTIES AND... ASSS

Alligator Bogaloo
03-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Marc, when do start asking for donations and then have a splinter group break off and form their own older couples who just want to get some sleep camping club?

Bud Luster
03-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Yes, I dont agree with how the new breed are old, quiet, and get plenty of rest.

Devin the Dude
03-09-2010, 12:53 PM
I will be stopping by to politely say hello, Mister Sparks. :pulse

Bud Luster
03-09-2010, 12:58 PM
LOL, good luck finding this group without a time machine...

TheClares
03-09-2010, 01:13 PM
You can count my wife and me in for this hopefully. Perhaps we can turn this into The PC Camping group. Phoenix Caravan, Premium Canned beer, Preeminent Campstove cooking, Primeval Curmudgeons Camping group!

Devin the Dude
03-09-2010, 01:29 PM

Haha I should really learn to read more carefully.

daxton
03-09-2010, 01:42 PM
YO WTF GROUP SEX!!! BBQ DADDY'S BALLS CLUSTER RAPE TENT, SHADE DURING THE DAY ASS AND TITTIES AND... ASSS

And big bootie bitches?

M Sparks
03-09-2010, 01:55 PM

Thanks for this BL. I was wondering what Boogaloo was on about...

Yes, I dont agree with how the new breed are old, quiet, and get plenty of rest.

Seriously...we had people in our group who were, like 18 and single. And FP yelling at his girl, and you down on the end with your asian concubine...the people behind us with the "screen porch" who invited 1437 people inside. We failed at being old and quiet, but no one got their tent puked on.

Bud Luster
03-09-2010, 07:26 PM
LOL, oh shit, asian concubine, hahaha!