PDA

View Full Version : How to know your ticket is real.

F/O/X/Y/5
03-13-2008, 12:17 PM
To be sure you get in just a little FYI with ticketmaster tickets. Take a needle heat it up and touch the corner of your ticket. It should turn darkish color and only damage that part you put the needle on.

psychic friend
03-13-2008, 12:52 PM
ya dont leave your tickets out in the bright sun, they will turn black.

leo01g
03-13-2008, 01:03 PM
good to know

SFChrissy
03-13-2008, 01:22 PM
you can also scratch the ticket...

nahuatldream
03-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Also, if the guy at the front scans it, and he lets you in, it's real. But seriously, that is a good tip.

F/O/X/Y/5
03-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Ya even when ur up front buying from scalpers carry a lighter and a paper clip. Safe then screwed

Bud Luster
03-13-2008, 04:35 PM
you know its real because you bought it from an authorized outlet.

send me ctrpllrs
03-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Good to know. I'm buying tickets for a broke friend that is going to pay me back over time and was thinking about trying to get some from craigslist or something.

shakermaker113
03-13-2008, 07:32 PM
you can also scratch the ticket...

does it smell of something?

airguitarvet
03-13-2008, 08:39 PM
they smell real

JClemy
03-13-2008, 08:40 PM
I would just buy from ticketmaster. it seems safer.

Sushov23
03-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Ticketbastard is a good way of not getting ripped off, OR WAIT.

morelifefucker
03-15-2008, 05:17 AM
ya dont leave your tickets out in the bright sun, they will turn black.

or accidentally leave them in an article of clothing while ironing it, done that before......it sucked. drunk ironing is fatal.

hello_andy
03-21-2008, 08:01 AM
craigslist is so risky. so risky. haha i just led a scammer on a few days ago. he gave me some story about his wife being sick, and me having to pay his shipping dude etc. i'm like ok.. ok. why would he offer me $2500 for a $150 snowboard? lol. I sent him a few emails back. THen he said, right we're good, i've sent you the cheque, cash it and send money on etc.

Then i emailed him the following:

Hi Hall. You're a scamming bastard ahha. Piss off.

It made me feel good.

gaypalmsprings
03-21-2008, 08:10 AM
don't ya hate it when you go to a concert & leave the tickets at home?

shakermaker113
03-21-2008, 08:25 AM

in 03 there was a girl in our party who drove all the way to coachella from LA saturday morning and found she left her tickets at home. can you imagine?

nahuatldream
03-21-2008, 10:30 AM
in 03 there was a girl in our party who drove all the way to coachella from LA saturday morning and found she left her tickets at home. can you imagine?

This is my greatest fear, especially if I'm travelling a ways to get to a concert or a Dodger game, as I often was, living two hours away from LA. I was OCD about checking that I had them. It's fun to pretend that you forgot them or can't find them, to freak out the person going with you, though. This year, we're driving 11-12 hours to get to Coachella. We will make absolutely certain the tickets are with us!

suprefan
03-21-2008, 06:46 PM
To be sure you get in just a little FYI with ticketmaster tickets. Take a needle heat it up and touch the corner of your ticket. It should turn darkish color and only damage that part you put the needle on.

Ummm, why would they give anyoen fake tickets when you bought them? And thats lame to burn it like that.

kitt kat
03-21-2008, 08:38 PM

I've almost done this three times this year. Luckily, I've remembered every time I've pulled up to my boyfriend's apartment, and I only live about half a mile away from him. Hoorah.

Also, about the black ticket thing, one of my passes (because TM found them in the dead letter bin and mailed it back to me) is partially black from the heat :( But, you can still read the barcode, so all is good.

Wheres the beef?
03-21-2008, 09:15 PM

I have a pretty good routine when I leave for a concert:
Pack bag, check tickets, take everything to car, lock up, get in car, check tickets, start car, drive towards freeway, check tickets, get on freeway, check tickets, check tickets 10 more times on way to concert, get to concert, get out of car, check tickets, start walking to venue, check tickets, get in line, check tickets, go into concert.

menikmati
03-21-2008, 09:21 PM
i know someone who came down from Las Vegas for the original coachella back in 99, only to realize they forgot the tickets when they got there, so they had to drive all the way back and then back again.

trancehiphop
03-21-2008, 09:48 PM
how about the camping tickets? what do they look like? I might be purchasing some soon and was wondering what they look like? IF someone could scan them and post them for me it would be perfect, otherwise I have to stop by GLASSHOUSE and check out and see what they look like, and if they look any different I aint touching them. thanx in advance!

kitt kat
03-21-2008, 10:15 PM
they look the same as the passes

JClemy
03-21-2008, 10:46 PM
You get 4 tickets that looks pretty much the same. 3 for the fest and 1 for the camping.

trancehiphop
03-21-2008, 11:17 PM
they look the same as the passes

I wished that would help but I am just planning on buying the camping pass then buying the saturday ticket from someone when I get there or if by some slim chance, one pops up on one of the forums I belong too. I still have no idea what the ticket/camping ticket looks like since I have neither and am planning on buying some camping tickets soon. I guess I will just have to plan on stopping by the glasshouse to get an idea of what the tickets look like.

fikus222
03-22-2008, 03:38 AM
If your ticket is printed on card stock then it isn't real.

paulb
03-22-2008, 05:16 AM

mhm, I have done that twice... Once was actually Coachella... we were about 25min onto the road, and my girlfriend asked if I had the tix...and then I was like "I thought you grabbed them off the table". so we had to turn around..

another time was when I saw DFA and was driving to a friends place and got there, realized I didnt have the tix...went home, went back...blah blah blah...

I promise it wont happen again.

johnnystar
04-10-2008, 05:33 PM
YOU COULD ALSO CHECK IT BY HOLDING THEM TO A STRONG LIGHT SOURCE AND ALL THE WHITE PARTS SHOULD TURN BLUE

antpeople
04-10-2008, 08:03 PM
If I haven't received my tickets in the mail yet - should I be worried? I can never remember when they are shipped.

silvalex
04-16-2008, 12:43 AM

Heat the needle, slam it in your arm...tighten the belt just a bit more...it all seems surreal after that. Arm will turn darkish color just around the pin prick and only be damaged on the part you stick the needle in.

nbvwes
04-16-2008, 01:09 AM
doesn't ALL paper turn black when you burn it???

Ardentbiscuit
04-16-2008, 03:56 AM
Ticketmaster hard tickets are on thermal paper so if it gets heated up from sun, flames, etc. then it starts to turn black.

As for tickets, if you are buying on ebay or craigslist you always run the risk of getting fake tickets or nothing at all.

Once someone has your money there is pretty much nothing you can do because they have taken the money and run.

If you notice, all of the anti fraud techniques that ticketmaster have instituted like the bar codes on the tickets really only protect them from fraud not the consumer.

Plus with the ticket fast someone can print out hundreds of the same ticket and sell it multiple times.

As long as you are the first person to go into the venue you will get in if you happened to buy a ticket that was printed out multiple times. If you are concerned just get to the show very early so you know you are the first one in.

GauchoGuy17
04-16-2008, 12:25 PM
If you bought it off ebay, and it turns out to be a fake, you should get your money back eventually. File a claim with them, and within a month, you should get your money back.

That won't do you much good while you're trying to get in, but at least you won't be ticket-less and broke.