PDA

View Full Version : COACHELLA 08: WHERE AND WHY!!

scoop49er
03-12-2008, 03:12 PM
i did this last year and got some amazing responses so i will try it again.

where r u from and why r u going to coachella this year??

PotVsKtl
03-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Suck a dick.

ThomThom
03-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Suck a dick.

Too much, just too fucking much.

wmgaretjax
03-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Too much, just too fucking much.

really?

ThomThom
03-12-2008, 03:18 PM
really?

I'm lying to myself, I can't get enough of his posts.

scoop49er
03-12-2008, 03:21 PM
for me and my wife, we are from sacramento and this will be our second straight year. i have always wanted to go since year one but budgets and other things stopped me but now i make space each year to come to indio.

for me, coachella is a special place. great reputation, great people, musci lovers, etc,etc. last year my wife actually teared up and said after rage played that she did not want to leave. she had a amazing time! meeting people from japan, scotland, london, australia, west virginia, etc,etc,etc makes me appreciate that music connects us in alot of ways. ive been going to shows for nearly 20 years now and coachella has a special place in my heart just cuz it has a special feeling. i hope u all enjoy it as much as i do!! :) its truly a great festival!

gaypalmsprings
03-12-2008, 03:23 PM
anyplace is better than Sacramento

woogie846
03-12-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm coming from LA and I'm going for Spicy Pie.

wmgaretjax
03-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Fuck Sacramento. And fuck anyone from there.

ThomThom
03-12-2008, 03:27 PM

Bad day?

gaypalmsprings
03-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Bad day?

no, he's just horny

scoop49er
03-12-2008, 03:28 PM
damn this thread took a shitty turn;. that sux!! last year people were telling some very cool stories but i guess a different crowd this time out. oh well. fuck the lot of ya! with luv of course!! :)

wmgaretjax
Bad day?

Quite possibly, I'm not sure.

amyzzz
maybe you should've bumped the old thread.

wmgaretjax
that sux!!

no sir, you sux.

paulb
03-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Im coming from Vancouver, BC, Canada.... and this will be my 2nd Coachella... I went last year just for Rage and had the most unreal time, and discovered too much new music and a new festival vibe... I am commited to go every single year from now on despite the lineup... Ill be going with my girlfriend and friend who lives in Wisconsin. It was such a fun experience, met alot of people from all around the world, waiting for Rage I met people there for Rage from Australia, France, Dominican Republic, UK... Im dedicated to Coachella from now on.

scoop49er
probably! :)- -- whatever .. im listening to carbon silcon right now. i had no fucking clue mick from the clash was the lead guy in the group! out of respect gonna check them out for a few!!

scoop49er
thanks paulb. its all good

ThomThom
03-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Quite possibly, I'm not sure.

Have a drink and watch a movie. Don't read this board until tomorrow. That formula works well for me.

HEADSTRUCK
03-12-2008, 03:35 PM
I am coming from milwaukee wisconsin. This will be my second coachella and i plan on coming ever year as long as i see a line-up i can enjoy. I am coming back this year because last year was amazing and i want that feeling again. Nothing beats weekend of great music and strange people. Last year i went with people i really shouldnt have and it put a damper on my time but it was still great so i figure if i go alone and camp i can get the whole coachella weekend and that is what makes it worth the trip.

wmgaretjax
03-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Have a drink and watch a movie. Don't read this board until tomorrow. That formula works well for me.

ok.... i'll give it my best. I have some Knob Creek I've been meaning to tackle...

ShyGuy75
03-12-2008, 03:37 PM
damn this thread took a shitty turn;. that sux!! last year people were telling some very cool stories but i guess a different crowd this time out. oh well. fuck the lot of ya! with luv of course!! :)

What did you expect, scoop? This board is a collection of some of the biggest bring me downs on the planet. Pathetic souls who have nothing better to do than post constant negativity on a message board. Claiming intellectual superiority over MUSIC!!! Arguing over which festival is better, etc. LOL!! Little do they know that music is heard different by each individual. What may get one person moving doesn't work for another person. They are so overwhelmed by their ego and false sense of thinking their opinion matters that they cannot help themselves. Just be glad that you are not them, living in a dark world of shit each and every day of their pathetic lives. :laughyou

Quite the opposite of what the festival really is like in person and what it represents.

ThomThom
03-12-2008, 03:40 PM
What did you expect, scoop? This board is a collection of some of the biggest bring me downs on the planet. Pathetic souls who have nothing better to do than post constant negativity on a message board. Claiming intellectual superiority over MUSIC!!! Arguing over which festival is better, etc. LOL!! Little do they know that music is heard different by each individual. What may get one person moving doesn't work for another person. They are so overwhelmed by their ego and false sense of thinking their opinion matters that they cannot help themselves. Just be glad that you are not them, living in a dark world of shit each and every day of their pathetic lives. :laughyou

Quite the opposite of what the festival really is like in person and what it represents.

You didn't answer the questions...

scoop49er
03-12-2008, 03:41 PM
shyguy75, i feel ya but thats one of the reasons why i love the festival and the board. lost of music lovers, lots of assholes, and everyone in between. its all good!! :)

TomAz
03-12-2008, 03:45 PM

I don't limit my intellectual superiority to musc. It extends to many disparate fields. Here's an example: you are projecting your own self-loathing onto others. See? fucking brilliant.

ShyGuy75
03-12-2008, 03:45 PM
You didn't answer the questions...

I was waiting for you to go first

ThomThom
03-12-2008, 03:48 PM
I was waiting for you to go first

Chivalry really does exist.

ShyGuy75
I don't limit my intellectual superiority to musc. It extends to many disparate fields. Here's an example: you are projecting your own self-loathing onto others. See? fucking brilliant.

Right Tom. You have already tried to use that one with me. It failed the first time, and once again, it failed again. Continue on your quest Tom. 20,000 posts should be met for you by the start of this years Coachella.

Or you could just log off for a few days and join normal society at a place we call 'outside'.

JustSteve
i live in newport beach. honest answer? i go to coachella because it's free (and also to experience new music, stuff i normally wouldn't be exposed to). back in the mid to late 90's i worked for one of the guys who now plays a pretty big part in creating this festival each year, he is honestly one of the greatest guys i have ever known.

ThomThom
03-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Or you could just log off for a few days and join normal society at a place we call 'outside'.

Outside Lands has a message board? OMGZZZ! Link?

bartelby
03-12-2008, 03:50 PM

haha

ShyGuy75
03-12-2008, 03:51 PM
I go to Coachella because it is a great time to enjoy personal spiritual quests, music, and good friends.

Sorry ThomThom, I can only hold the door. I can't make you enter.

ThomThom
03-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Sorry ThomThom, I can only hold the door. I can't make you enter.

Thats what she said

scoop49er
03-12-2008, 03:52 PM
ok ill rant for a minute:

in this cyberworld we all live in, i love u fucking people! why? who else can i talk about music with? most people i talk to look at me like im a retard. i might as well be talking martian cuz they look at me with that look like" who the fuck is portishead?" all they know is american idol and top 40 and that bugs me. so i can escape and talk music with all of u here. some of u love metal, electronica, country, hip hop, etc. but its all with a edge and flavor of your own and thats a amazing thing. ill never understand why some people love chess but they do and i can respect it. just like i respect all of you and ur knowledge of music. we are all music junkie nerds here and im proud of that. so to the ones who dont get it, its all good. its better that way!! :) amen people!!

Aphxtwinin
03-12-2008, 03:53 PM
From Miami and my gf and I have always stared at Coachellas glorious line ups but never have had the funds to go. Last year was our first year and the festival honestly had an impact on my life, never thought such a huge group of music lovers together could be so organized beautiful and fun. Loved every second of it last year and i promised myself when leaving the camp grounds monday morning that i would come back no matter the line up if i could afford it. Well i bought my ticket not to happy with the line up and was still pumped for mid tier acts and Portishead. All my friends who swore they would come never bought their tix cuz of the line up and went to langerado instead. Now im laughing in their faces because i get to see APHEX TWIN! I told them GV will not let us down, not thinking AFX was gonna come but I knew something good was in store just not this fucking good.

Aphxtwinin
03-12-2008, 03:54 PM
ok ill rant for a minute:

in this cyberworld we all live in, i love u fucking people! why? who else can i talk about music with? most people i talk to look at me like im a retard. i might as well be talking martian cuz they look at me with that look like" who the fuck is portishead?" all they know is american idol and top 40 and that bugs me. so i can escape and talk music with all of u here. some of u love metal, electronica, country, hip hop, etc. but its all with a edge and flavor of your own and thats a amazing thing. ill never understand why some people love chess but they do and i can respect it. just like i respect all of you and ur knowledge of music. we are all music junkie nerds here and im proud of that. so to the ones who dont get it, its all good. its better that way!! :) amen people!!
word

signmeup
03-12-2008, 04:00 PM
1. Seattle
2. The Line-up

TomAz
03-12-2008, 04:01 PM

You and BrokenDoll share at least one thing in common. Neither of you knows me or knows anything about my life, but you make shit up about it and then criticize me for what you've just made up. BD is dumber than a trail of breadcrumbs, so I can understand how she wouldn't 'get' that. but why you?

PotVsKtl
03-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Maybe if you quit typing like an epileptic codpiece with clubpaw and a cleft face people wouldn't care when you started a pointless thread that only meandering beige jerkoffs like paulb feel it necessary to seriously respond to.

scoop49er
03-12-2008, 04:09 PM
potvsktl=delta! im now watching you cumstain... :) such a jerkoff but its all good!!

TomAz
03-12-2008, 04:09 PM
where r u from, potvsktl?

PotVsKtl
03-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Mnpls.

scoop49er
03-12-2008, 04:11 PM
where r u from, potvsktl?

he is from a used condom that his mom grabbed and rubbed up against her twat and made him! :)

boarderwoozel3
03-12-2008, 04:15 PM

Sac is a pile but fuck off anyway.

boarderwoozel3
03-12-2008, 04:16 PM
1. Seattle
2. The Line-up

Ditto.

gaypalmsprings
03-12-2008, 04:23 PM
http://www.malton.n-yorks.sch.uk/ScienceWeb/PhysicsWeb/space/images/uranus_title.jpg

amyzzz
03-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Wait, is shyguy the epileptic codpiece, or is that scoop49er?

gratytrainridesagain
03-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Mnpls.

You're from here? You a little mean to be from MPLS, usually people are nice here

ShyGuy75
03-12-2008, 04:51 PM
You and BrokenDoll share at least one thing in common. Neither of you knows me or knows anything about my life, but you make shit up about it and then criticize me for what you've just made up. BD is dumber than a trail of breadcrumbs, so I can understand how she wouldn't 'get' that. but why you?

Why me what? What did I make up? That you love to post relentlessly on a festival forum with a holier than thou attitude? Newflash knuckle dragger, you don't know me either.

The best part about all of this Tom is that you responded to a post of mine where I didn't directly name you, nor did you previously post in the thread. Sorry if that cut too deep.

ShyGuy75
03-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Wait, is shyguy the epileptic codpiece, or is that scoop49er?

And like clockwork, here comes the cavalry! Oh no!!!

amyzzz
03-12-2008, 05:03 PM
It was just a question. I'm not a cavalry!

MarkO
03-12-2008, 05:05 PM
...... where r u from and why r u going to coachella this year??

Portland, OR and I'm going for Roger Waters, Portishead, Kraftwerk, Raconteurs, Verve, Breeders, MMJ, Battles, Holy Fuck, Sharon Jones, Justice and a couple of others.

I know little of anyone on the bottom 1/2 of the poster other than Kid Sister is very cute.

This is my 3rd year.

MassiveChemicalPunk
03-12-2008, 05:13 PM
1st timer from El Salvador.
Im going because of my love for music and also, have always wanted to go to Coachella.
Portishead, Fatboy Slim, Justice, Hot Chip, M.I.A., Simian Mobile Disco, Does It Offend You, Yeah?... being the main reasons.

Daft Fro
03-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Where: Los Angeles
Why?: ...the Drukqs

ADrunkPoet
03-12-2008, 05:24 PM
1. Fullerton, California.
2. Fourth year in a row. Would not miss for the world. Was not the biggest fan of the lineup upon release. But in the tradition of every Coachella year I have attended, the lineup is always more about me discovering new acts than looking forward to the bands I like the first day the line up is released.

fasttrack
03-12-2008, 05:26 PM
i currently live in washington state. i moved up here from arizona last year about a week after coachella last year. i'm considering a move back to arizona early next year to make my travels to coachella much easier. this will be my 5th straight coachella and it's all i really look forward to every year.

shotglass75
03-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Let me bring you up to speed. My name is Shotglass75. I live in Aurora, Illinois, which is a suburb of Chicago.
Excellent. I've had plenty of joe jobs. Nothing I'd call a career. Let me put it this way... I have an extensive collection
of name tags and hairnets. OK, I still live with my parents, which I admit is both bogus and sad, but I've got an amazing cable access show, and I still know how to party. But what I'd really love is to do Coachella for a living. It might happen. Sh'yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.

MarkO
03-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Isn't this where Wayne's World was set

Shotglass post -->

Your head -->

gratytrainridesagain
03-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Shotglass post -->

Your head -->

I deleted it because I had only read that far before posting ass

shotglass75
03-12-2008, 05:44 PM
now ladies, don't all go fighter over little ol me now.

lubita77
03-12-2008, 05:56 PM
1. sao paulo/brazil.
2. write a piece about the festival: headliners, new bands, not-so-new bands, camping, people.

Im coming along w/ a friend, we both work for rraurl.com digital magazine (portuguese only, but check it anyway), an 11th years old website that Im proud to say kinda rule our musical scene around here. never been to Coachella. Im looking foward to discovering new sounds and meeting people from everywhere.

brazilians party like no one else in the world, I didnt really had to leave the country to have a great time. but SMD, Vampire Weekend, Sharon Jones, Carbon/Silicon, Booka Shade, Justice, Roger Waters, MGMT, Cut/Copy, Goldfrapp (...)? Never happening down here, lets face it...

[]s!

Sonicifyouwantit
03-12-2008, 06:45 PM
1. sao paulo/brazil.
2. write a piece about the festival: headliners, new bands, not-so-new bands, camping, people.

Im coming along w/ a friend, we both work for rraurl.com digital magazine (portuguese only, but check it anyway), an 11th years old website that Im proud to say kinda rule our musical scene around here. never been to Coachella. Im looking foward to discovering new sounds and meeting people from everywhere.

brazilians party like no one else in the world, I didnt really had to leave the country to have a great time. but SMD, Vampire Weekend, Sharon Jones, Carbon/Silicon, Booka Shade, Justice, Roger Waters, MGMT, Cut/Copy, Goldfrapp (...)? Never happening down here, lets face it...

[]s!

I hear Argentinians (argentines?) party harder

ThomThom
03-12-2008, 06:50 PM

They can drink more but certainly not party harder.

msklvr
03-12-2008, 06:59 PM
i did this last year and got some amazing responses so i will try it again.

where r u from and why r u going to coachella this year??

I am from Chicago but live in Vegas. This will be my 4th Coachella. After having such a great time my first year, I vowed to always come back every year. And I have. And I will. Great festival, so well organized. Plus, I love to watch people and what better place?

STALINZZZ
03-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Suck a dick.

thank you.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-12-2008, 08:55 PM
Los Angeles, 7th time

Why? Mecca of music, must make my annual pilgrimage.

gmoneyak
03-12-2008, 09:44 PM

Brazilians look better.

betao
03-12-2008, 09:49 PM
1. sao paulo/brazil.

[]s!

i was in sao paulo in January for 2 weeks, loved it there. Brazilian rice and beans is one of the greatest foods ever.

eu sou jogador de capoeira.

betao
03-12-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm coming from Richmond VA with my friend, this will be our first time.

I'm coming for Kraftwerk, Portishead, Fatboy Slim, Battles, Aphex Twin, Justice, Gogol Bordello, Hot Chip. Sasha/Digweed, Holy Fuck, Booka Shade, SMD, My Morning Jacket, Modeselektor, and many more. And, of course, for an awesome time.

jonnypark
03-12-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm coming from Calgary, Alberta for the second time. I was attracted to Sonic Youth, RATM and Arcade Fire last year had such a good time that I decided to come this year no matter what. All the people I met were great and I ended up getting into quite a few new bands. I had my plane ticket before the line up was announced, so its not reeally fair to say I am going for the bands, but am most excited for Stephen Malkmus.

Boourns
03-12-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm in NC right now but will be back in LA sometime next month. Obviously I have been to Coachella before, lol. Ummm, why? Portishead. Once I saw the lineup I considered just waiting until Portishead came to LA in the fall and saving the money and weeks of being bedridden afterwards, but I figured I better go just in case. But it's a pain in the ass to go all the way out in the desert for one day, so I figured Sunday too. Then the discounted (somewhat) pre-sale came up, and I figured it would be almost as much money to buy two single day passes, so I went for a third. Now I'm excited about the whole weekend. I've been every year since 2004, when I could only attend Saturday because of midterms. Most of the bands I wanted to see were on Sunday (had recently discovered Muse and was obsessed), but I had to go Saturday for RADIOHEAD, naturally. I got dehydrated while waiting in the camp line, sunburned, huge blisters all over my feet, and had never been so hot in my life, but the whole thing was magical, and I had to come back the following year.

ThomThom
03-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Brazilians look better.

False. I have met my fair share of beautiful brazilian women, and some that look like Arnold Schwarzenegger with a wig on.

gmoneyak
03-12-2008, 10:27 PM
You could say that about every nationality, actually.

ThomThom
03-12-2008, 10:30 PM
You could say that about every nationality, actually.

I guess I prefer Argentinean women more, minus the really hairy ones that smell like loose change.

traviscanada
03-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Let me bring you up to speed. My name is Shotglass75. I live in Aurora, Illinois, which is a suburb of Chicago.
Excellent. I've had plenty of joe jobs. Nothing I'd call a career. Let me put it this way... I have an extensive collection
of name tags and hairnets. OK, I still live with my parents, which I admit is both bogus and sad, but I've got an amazing cable access show, and I still know how to party. But what I'd really love is to do Coachella for a living. It might happen. Sh'yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.

Ah thats one of my favourite movies, gotta watch them again now. There was a good period of time where at least one Wanyes World quote a day would occur.

microlovebeat
03-12-2008, 10:48 PM
scooper, i swear to god the world would fall apart without your benign idiocy. people post on here BECAUSE they need to let the negativity out, not to pose intellectual counterpoints to someone's opinion on the new hot chip record. if they didn't log on here to sweat it out all over weirdo fuckers like you, then the national homocide rate would go through the roof. every post you put on here has a little smiley at the end, which just keeps em coming back for more! that little fucking smiley that says, "Hey guys! Come hit me! Not your neighbor's dog!", and that's why people love you. either you're psychotic or you just don't have a clue, but you really do keep the world turning, scoop. keep up the positivity.

lubita77
03-13-2008, 03:52 AM
argentineans are great. their country is incredibly beautifull and they have all those wine and the most delicous steaks in the whole world. not to mention the doce-de-leite. but brazilian (parties, looks, music, food) kick ass. fact :)

but, again, this is total ot.

were just going for the music and fun. thats all.

[]s!

BROKENDOLL
03-13-2008, 03:07 PM
You and BrokenDoll share at least one thing in common. Neither of you knows me or knows anything about my life, but you make shit up about it and then criticize me for what you've just made up. BD is dumber than a trail of breadcrumbs, so I can understand how she wouldn't 'get' that. but why you? You know, you're right TomAz...I don't personally know you, but from your post count I'd say I have more shake n' bake in my life being a dumb trail of bread crumbs, than the life you live each day as a stale and moldy loaf of bread in front of your computer...