PDA

View Full Version : VEGOOSE 08'

mikebspeedracer
03-10-2008, 09:59 PM
So we know who is headlining most of the festivals this summer but who do you guys think will play at Vegoose this halloween? Last year they had Rage Against the Machine, Daft Punk, Muse, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, MIA, Queens of the Stone Age, the Shins, Infected Mushroom, Mastodon, Cypress Hill, Lupe Fiasco, Public Enemy, Gogol Bordello, Ghostface Killah, Blonde Redhead, Battles and alot more. They seem to have one of the biggest budgets for huge acts. So who will be there this year? let the rumors begin!

My first picks are:

the Mars Volta
Radiohead (headlining for second night)
Serj Tankian
Foo Fighters (opening headliner for second night)
the Raconteurs
HELLYEAH
the Killers
NIN (headlining for first night)
Stone Temple Pilots (opening headliner for first night)
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss
Against Me
Rilo Kiley
Aesop Rock
the Breeders
Modest Mouse
the Hives
Flight of the Concords
Battles
Murs
Black Tie Dynasty

gaypalmsprings
03-10-2008, 10:03 PM
I think the shaggy dog will headline.

summerkid
03-10-2008, 10:05 PM
I think the Killers will headline for sure new album coming out in the fall and local band no clue about the other headliners though or who will play.

mikebspeedracer
03-10-2008, 10:06 PM
I think the Killers will headline for sure new album coming out in the fall and local band no clue about the other headliners though or who will play.

ya I didn't think of them...they will probably be there

rage patton
03-10-2008, 10:10 PM
If Led Zeppelin tour... I could see them being at Vegoose. Superfly are obviously really bummed about not getting them for Bonnaroo. So why wouldn't they try Vegoose? If Zeppelin aren't touring, they won't be there. I know even if they DO tour, there is a slim chance... but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

superfiction
03-10-2008, 10:12 PM
what ever happened with that article someone postd on here about plant saying no to a tour. was that legit?

mikebspeedracer
03-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Great idea but I heard last week that Led Zeppelin turned down $200 million to do a world tour. so I wouldn't get my hopes up on seeing them anytime in the near future. I would on the other hand trade my left nut to see them play a live show at Vegoose!

Pro or Conor
03-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Sadly, I don't have much hope for Vegoose in general. Attendance has fallen every year and I'm not sure it's going to keep existing. I'm hopeful though, because damn it's nice to be able to go to a festival show, then drive 15 minutes to my house to take a shower and get a good night's sleep for free.

mikebspeedracer
03-10-2008, 10:32 PM
ya last year was my first year to attend and I couldn't figure out why the attendance was so low while some of the biggest acts where preforming. when RATM closed the grounds seemed to be pretty full though.

msklvr
03-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Sadly, I don't have much hope for Vegoose in general. Attendance has fallen every year and I'm not sure it's going to keep existing. I'm hopeful though, because damn it's nice to be able to go to a festival show, then drive 15 minutes to my house to take a shower and get a good night's sleep for free.

A-fuckin'-men!

It will be back and it will be fun no matter who they get. It's nice to have a festival in your backyard.

Watch, they get Radiohead and everyone suddenly licks Vegoose's balls.

mikebspeedracer
03-10-2008, 10:38 PM
On there website under line-up it says to check back for the 08' line-up... so that usually means it is going to happen this year or else they would just disable the website or not update it at all.

cooperb1
03-11-2008, 12:04 AM
i saw HELLYEAH on the famly values show they are good

mikebspeedracer
03-11-2008, 01:08 AM
i saw HELLYEAH on the famly values show they are good

Ya I saw them in Dallas over christmas break and thought they did a great job on pumping up the crowd and just down right rockin. VP snake skin drum set was sick!

mikebspeedracer
03-11-2008, 02:02 AM
HELLYEAH consists of: Mudvayne's Chad Grey (vocals) and Greg Tibbett (lead guitar), Pantara and Damage Plans's Vinny Paul (drums), Nothingface's Tom Maxwell (guitar) and Jerry Montano who also played with Danzig.

M Sparks
03-11-2008, 05:35 AM
Last year they had Rage Against the Machine, Daft Punk, Muse, Iggy Pop and the Stooges, MIA, Queens of the Stone Age, the Shins, Infected Mushroom, Mastodon, Cypress Hill, Lupe Fiasco, Public Enemy, Gogol Bordello, Ghostface Killah, Blonde Redhead, Battles and alot more.

By "a lot more" you mean "about 10 more" And 5 or 6 of them were jam bands.

Vegoose was all flash, no substance last year. I had a good time, but I would never go back.

-It's held on a soccer field, essentially. They say it's at a stadium, but they have not actually used the stadium the past two years. They place three stages on a soccer field and let in 20,000 people. The result is a hard to navigate mass of people and dreadful sound bleed. There are places in the food area where you can hear all three stages, fairly loudly. (When you are right in front of the stage, it's not bad, and the sound quality is good.)

-They can't deliver on their promises, even advertised ones. Last year, they put a poster on their Myspace page that said "4 stages, 40 acts". The final tally was 28 acts on 3 stages, yet they never removed or changed the teaser poster. (http://a935.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/97/l_010761d135b983aac20aa182965e4f1e.jpg) They also had "More acts to come!" on their website for weeks past the last minor additions.

-Even the 28 acts were not evenly distributed- 16 on Saturday and 12 on Sunday. TWELVE! On three stages! Even though most acts get 60-90 minute sets, there were 45 minute gaps between acts on the two smaller stages, and a full hour between acts on the main stage. There were long stretches where only one act was playing. At one point, for 30 minutes, there was NO-ONE playing.

-Even with such a sparse schedule, there were big conflicts, and one stage that ran consistently late. Muse vs UNKLE and Battles vs Gogol were annoying to music geeks like me- but Public Enemy vs Cypress Hill at EXACTLY the same time made zero sense. Plus, Atmosphere had the whole festival to themselves for 45 minutes while the other two stages set up- yet they couldn't pull much of a crowd, because all the hiphop fans were getting spots for PE or CH. The late running center stage meant that Thievery Corps excellent mellow set overlapped the start of Daft Punk's headlining set. This was one case where it would have made sense to delay Daft 5 or 10 minutes.

-Taking the opposite strategy the following day, they booked almost all the jam bands on one stage/one day. This led to a weird segregated feel on Sunday, as a third-to-half of the crowd stayed in one corner all day, and the remainder never went over there.

-Oh...those 60-90 minute settimes? Apparently no one asked the bands if they wanted them. Many of the main stage acts finished 15-20 minutes early- coupled with the 60 minute set-change times, this meant the stage was silent more often than it was active. I didn't stay for Rage, but I heard they ended almost 40 minutes early. (They were scheduled for 2 hours.)

-If only it WAS truly silent! Vegoose is a Halloween themed festival. A LOT of people come in costume, and that's half the fun. However, the promoters participation is half-assed at best. They seem to have purchased some kind of $4.99 Halloween party CD, with bad cover versions of Thriller and other loosely Halloween themed songs. They played this CD at each stage between each act. Loudly. I personally once made 6 hours worth of Halloween mix tapes with GOOD "spooky" music for a party that only 20 people attended, and I never had to resort to the original recording of The Monster Mash. (Though I may have used the Misfits version.) When that CD would run out, they would play a sound FX CD. One time, the sound guy tried to get creative and played the Twilight Zone theme from a TV Theme CD. However, apparently he went to take a piss, because we then heard gradually less and less appropriate themes until at one point, the theme to "Clarissa Explains It All" played for about 10 seconds.

-They make a big deal about the "late night" shows. But these shows are bands that have already played/will play the festival itself. They cost an extra $30-$35, and are held at the Hard Rock and House Of Blues (which are 10 miles from the festival). Also, they hold a couple of these shows on Friday, which is cool to have something to go see the night before the festival starts...BUT they then advertise that it's a 3 day festival. They even start the shows at 11:59pm Friday night, just so no-one can complain that there's nothing actually scheduled on Friday. I believe that the first year, they advertised it as a 4 day festival, simply because one band played a Halloween show on Monday. (I've been told that the late night shows were a bigger deal in the past- held in bigger venues, and sometimes with acts that weren't playing the festival.)

The people were cool, the bands were great, even the sound was good if you were close to the stage. But it was the absolutely the most poorly promoted, disorganized mess I've ever been to.

M Sparks
03-11-2008, 05:47 AM
It will be back and it will be fun no matter who they get. It's nice to have a festival in your backyard.

Yeah, I would probably feel better about it if it was in my town. For me, it's only slightly closer than Coachella. And I didn't have the budget for a nice hotel or other activities...we really didn't plan on going until after the lineup was announced. So we basically stayed in a cheap motel and shuttled back and forth to the festival. It was just a big disappointment, even though I saw 3 or 4 really fantastic shows.

M Sparks
03-11-2008, 05:49 AM
Oh, and there's like 6 food vendors and for some reason you can't buy a soda most places. They've got a full bar sitting in the middle of the field, but you can't buy a cola anywhere. I finally found one late the second day. The frozen fruit skewers ruled, though.

gaypalmsprings
03-11-2008, 06:10 AM
M Sparks - tell us what you really feel. You are holding back.

sbessiso
03-11-2008, 06:14 AM
MSparks, I think you just convinced me to not go to Vegoose

Ardentbiscuit
03-11-2008, 06:16 AM
Oh, and there's like 6 food vendors and for some reason you can't buy a soda most places. They've got a full bar sitting in the middle of the field, but you can't buy a cola anywhere. I finally found one late the second day. The frozen fruit skewers ruled, though.

The same with buying water, you couldn't buy bottled water at every vendor. Very strange.

M Sparks
03-11-2008, 07:02 AM
The same with buying water, you couldn't buy bottled water at every vendor. Very strange.

Yeah, but at least you could bring in as much bottled water as you could carry.

Every food vendor had iced-tea and lemonade and that was it.

M Sparks
03-11-2008, 07:03 AM

You know, if they book 5 or 6 bands that you love and aren't going to get a chance to see anywhere else, then go! The sound really was good close to the stage, and it was pretty easy to get close, at least on the smaller stages. The price wasn't that bad. But it's just not a "festival experience" like Coachella. You REALLY have to want to go for the big names. For Coachella, I know I'm going to have a good time regardless of who's playing. This was like...I saw 3 or 4 really great concerts while there was a shitty carnival going on behind me.

menikmati
03-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Coldplay will headline a night.

MisEsstaa
03-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Last year was my first, and it did seem weird the way the stages were set up, but I still had a great time and will plan on going back. I never heard of Atmosphere until then and now I cant get enough of them. Thats what I love about going to the music fests.

msklvr
03-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Coldplay will headline a night.

That would be nice. The Flaming Lips would also be nice.

Somewhat Damaged
03-11-2008, 10:25 AM
I enjoyed myself a lot more than Sparks, especially since I had relatives who I got to stay with for free, but I doubt I'll make a return trip this year. The only band they could have that would get me to go is Portishead. If they were to get Radiohead, which I strongly doubt, I'll have already seen them at a festival in San Francisco, so that wouldn't be as big a draw for me. (If I'm going to see them twice this year, I want at least one of those times to be at one of their solo shows.) Frankly, I hope I find the lineup to be disappointing so that I'm not tempted.

Boourns
03-11-2008, 10:32 AM
The bad thing about Vegoose is that it is in Las Vegas on Halloween weekend. Sucks to not be a local.

rage patton
03-11-2008, 10:41 AM
I enjoyed Vegoose last year. I do not regret going whatsoever. It was an amazing line up, even though it had a lack of bands... And I liked how little people were there. I got to the front of almost every band I wanted to see without pushing or shoving.
However, I also agree with most of Marcs points. It was a terrible run and put together festival. I am definately not making it to Vegoose this year. Not with Sasquatch and possibly Outside Lands. That is... unless they get Led Zeppelin or Faith No More. And the chances of these two are slim to none. So I doubt I will be making it to Vegoose this year.
Also, I enjoyed going to Vegoose to meet the various board members. Ron, Rick (somewhat) and Chris (Supre, briefly) were all nice people and I would love to get the chance to hang out with them in the future. Also, msklvr (who gave me a ride there and back) and some others who aren't board regs, was cool. Oh, and actually meeting GPS. Most people thought he was an alias. But I can confirm he is not.

JSam67
03-11-2008, 10:46 AM
That would be nice. The Flaming Lips would also be nice.

The Flaming Lips on Halloween makes a crazy amount of sense to me.

M Sparks
03-11-2008, 10:47 AM
I enjoyed myself a lot more than Sparks,

Ehhhh....I enjoyed myself quite a bit. It was a great weekend, actually. It's just a lousy festival.

I must have run into SD 4 or 5 times that weekend. That's how small it is. :) And Msklvr actually picked me out of a crowd and said hi. That's one thing that was kind of cool.

EDIT-but I never met up with Rage even though we were texting all weekend. I was supposed to give him a ride. When I saw Msklvr, I asked "Did you get Rage here?" It was fun having a little community in a community.

M Sparks
03-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Rage, I can't wait to get the report on Sasquatch. I would love to go this year, but I'm already financially committed to both Coachella AND a trip to Oregon in July. I might have to plan on it for 2009.

paulb
03-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Nice review of the fest, M Sparks... I hadnt heard much of that stuff before... makes me wonder weather its worth while... but what a list of bands...I woulda loved to have seen Cypress Hill. When do they usually announce the lineup for Vegoose?

rage patton
03-11-2008, 11:00 AM
I think I ran into Rick (SD) probably 2 or 3 times. Maybe 4. I talked to Supre for a couple of minutes before Ghostland Observatory. Where he WASN'T at the front of the gate, may I add.
And I looked for you Marc at Gogol Marc. I couldn't find ya though. And yeah, it was cool kind of having a mini community there. I don't know what I would have done on Sunday if it wasn't for msklvr.
I also ran into Bryce (Superfiction) twice over the weekend. He spotted me both times. Him and his friend (signmeup) brought my girlfriend and I free Justice t's that they got from Seattle. So that was pretty awesome.

rAnimatorX2
03-11-2008, 11:02 AM
The bad thing about Vegoose is that it is in Las Vegas on Halloween weekend. Sucks to not be a local.

And how is this a bad thing? It was fucking badass. Costumed freaks all over the place.

rage patton
03-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Rage, I can't wait to get the report on Sasquatch. I would love to go this year, but I'm already financially committed to both Coachella AND a trip to Oregon in July. I might have to plan on it for 2009.

I will definately do a full review on Sasquatch this year. It is an excellent line up and I have heard, besides the weather, it is a great festival. Too bad you can't make it this year. If they keep the trend going, 2009 should be just as good, if not better then 2008.
Also, besides Sasquatch, I am hoping to hit Outside Lands. I have a feeling a lot of people from the board here are going to hit that up.

Nice review of the fest, M Sparks... I hadnt heard much of that stuff before... makes me wonder weather its worth while... but what a list of bands...I woulda loved to have seen Cypress Hill. When do they usually announce the lineup for Vegoose?

As I said, a terribly run festival, but a top notch line up. A small line up, but solid as hell, thats for sure. I think the line up was released at the end of July last year. But due to the high density of festivals, and them releasing their line ups earlier and earlier this year, an anouncement could be early this year for Vegoose as well.

mikebspeedracer
03-11-2008, 11:06 AM
well Vegoose is definitely not put together or run as well as Coachella and some of the other big festivals but its a good festival that is close to SoCal where I live. Also I went to both Coachella and Vegoose last year and between both of them I was able to see a lot of my favorite bands and DJ's.

Cdubby
03-11-2008, 12:08 PM

I went last year and had a good time, not going to write an essay on it though. :dumbo

M Sparks
03-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Why does everyone think I didn't have a good time? I did!

I would just prefer to have a good time somewhere else where they know what they're doing.

Sushov23
03-11-2008, 01:03 PM
If the line up is good, then I will probably be there again.

Drewfus46
03-11-2008, 01:08 PM
I had a good time as well but i agree poorly ran but the line up made up for it and honestly i think the festival can get better its only thier like 3 or 4th year right?

Memorial_07
03-11-2008, 01:13 PM
I don't think Nine Inch Nails would do Vegoose.
Hell, I don't think they will do any other U.S. festivals outside of Lolla...

They'll probably do euro festivals than come back next year and do the U.S.

MarkO
03-11-2008, 01:32 PM
It was easy to get in, security was cool. Bringing in your own water was great. The tickets were great and I have mine framed with the fest poster I got. There were plenty of shitters so you didn't have to wait long. Parking was fine, getting out was quick & easy. I didn't think the soundbleed was any worse than Coachella.

Rage & Daft played two of the best sets I saw last year and I saw both bands at other venues to compare. The conflicts were ridiculous though esp. for such few acts.

Overall, it was an odd vibe though. Not much of a festival vibe compared to Coachella/Sasquatch. If they got Radiohead or someone else I really want to see I'd go again but otherwise no. The cost of hotels that w/end is silly too.

M Sparks
03-11-2008, 01:56 PM
I had a good time as well but i agree poorly ran but the line up made up for it and honestly i think the festival can get better its only thier like 3 or 4th year right?

3rd year.

First year was mostly a jam fest though there was some variety in there, and was pretty successful. Approx 36,000 people a day, and something like 45,000 tickets to night shows. Good reviews.

2006 had only about 16,000 a day. Line up had more variety, but generally weak overall. I have no idea how many they sold for night shows, but there were shows Friday through Monday including two at the MGM Grand Garden (holds 15,000 or so) and three at Orleans Arena (8,000 I think)

2007, the promoters seem to have panicked about 2006's poor turnout. Totally changed the focus...booked a ton of Coachella type acts. Booked a stage worth of jam bands so they wouldn't alienate the 16,000 that had actually stuck with them, but there was a ton of backlash on their message boards and myspace. (not that it means anything...though I did try to offer some FREE tickets to a couple of friends who had gone in 2005 and 2006...they said they had no interest in 2007 lineup.)

They did wind up pulling about 20,000 a day- a minor improvement. But considering a majority of those were probably "new" people due to the change in focus, that means they lost a huge chunk of their early supporters.

Also, in 2007, the night shows were scaled back dramatically- 2 shows a night for three nights at the Hard Rock/House Of Blues. Total ticket sales could not have been more than 12,000 even if every show sold out...far less than 45,000!

I would love to see them succeed...I wind up going to Vegas every year anyway, it'd be nice to have a good reason. I just don't see how they can at this rate. They basically started over in 2007 and still fell far short of their actual first year. It was clear that they started out in 2007 with big plans, and kept scaling them back and breaking promises as the fest grew closer and it became clear ticket sales were not improving. The initial lineup was amazing, and yet they still mucked everything up. I believe a fest in Vegas could succeed...I don't believe Superfly is capable of making it succeed.

jigsaw
03-11-2008, 02:02 PM
I think Outsidelands Festival in San Francisco will take the place of Vegoose this year.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-11-2008, 02:37 PM
went last two years, think Im gonna pass this year, just not enough bands and not enough to keep me busy out there all day...if I do go it'll most likely be one of the two days.

Outside lands will be bigger than vegoose, vegoose is equivalent to treasure island and all points west.

MarkO
03-11-2008, 10:11 PM
........ I believe a fest in Vegas could succeed...I don't believe Superfly is capable of making it succeed.

I'm not sure how a fest with Rage & Daft wasn't a sellout. An instant sellout.

Boourns
03-12-2008, 12:43 AM
And how is this a bad thing? It was fucking badass. Costumed freaks all over the place.

Every hotel gets booked quickly, and at obscene rates without the help of Vegoose that weekend.

Boourns
03-12-2008, 12:45 AM
Yeah, really. Those were the festival gets of 2007.

fikus222
03-12-2008, 01:19 AM
I've only been to the first year and I had an amazing time...concerts all day & clubs all night. The hotel was cheap and was only used for pit stops. I wish that I'd gone to the STS9 night show, but Dave and Tim were awesome. The bastards did make me choose between Primus and Beck, but I was satisfied with my choice. I haven't been able to go again, but Halloween in Vegas is very appropriate...my first was Phish's Velvet Underground show in '98.

gmoneyak
03-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Yo Vegoose was really fuckin' cool last year, but... Damn, isn't this lil' early?

Didn't the lineup come out in, like, August or something?

I have the feeling this festival is going to be fading out over the next few years.

ElBlueblazer
03-12-2008, 01:24 AM
the sports bar tent was rad.. big tvs with the world series and strong drinks.. works for me.

i could hear iggy when queens were playing. it was a live mash-up. didnt enjoy that.

msklvr
03-13-2008, 10:08 AM
Yo Vegoose was really fuckin' cool last year, but... Damn, isn't this lil' early?

Didn't the lineup come out in, like, August or something?

I have the feeling this festival is going to be fading out over the next few years.

Announcement was on July 23rd last year. Only four months away.

CalmerThanYou
03-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Man, what a bunch of fucking whining bitches in here nitpicking, Vegoose fucking ruled face unless you are a complete d-bag. You get Daft Punk and Rage (i'm not even a fan and still rocked out) in the same two day show, and you find room to complain? Then you spill out into the town to rock face all night long? Fuck everyone who didnt have fun, you must hate life.

On a side note, anyone see MSTRKRFT at the Mirage on Monday morning?!?!? (Sunday night).

They fucking ruled, that was a good time. It was in the Revolution Bar.

mikebspeedracer
03-13-2008, 10:45 AM
I don't understand either I thought it was a fuckin awesome festival full of great performers. Maybe people just love to hate.

scottierock
03-13-2008, 12:46 PM
went to coachella, bonnaroo, lolla and vegoose last year. have to say vegoose was really really cool - had a blast. perfect weather all week long. 1 problem tho - TRANSPORTATION. Getting a cab after the show is impossible. The shuttle service was a joke... it was a free for all - people running up to busses and pushing their way to the front. Seriously disorganized. Would go again. Hotels are not as bad as reported above - you just need to know where to look and where to book. $65 at MGM sun-thurs, and weekends at Casino Royale for $50 are nothing to complain about. Especially for new age hippies.

Boourns
03-13-2008, 01:01 PM
MGM may be $65 sun-thurs but it was $666 on friday and Saturday

CalmerThanYou
03-13-2008, 01:52 PM

Advanced planning brother...

emtgreg
03-13-2008, 05:34 PM
the fact is, a small fest like vegoose simply cannot rely on long term planners...

the mere fact that it did NOT sell out with both rage and daft punk speaks to the fact that well, its a terribly thought out, planned and executed fest...

if i create a festival, i book both rage and daft, and I do not sell out? i am retarded...

Drewfus46
03-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Man, what a bunch of fucking whining bitches in here nitpicking, Vegoose fucking ruled face unless you are a complete d-bag. You get Daft Punk and Rage (i'm not even a fan and still rocked out) in the same two day show, and you find room to complain? Then you spill out into the town to rock face all night long? Fuck everyone who didnt have fun, you must hate life.

On a side note, anyone see MSTRKRFT at the Mirage on Monday morning?!?!? (Sunday night).

They fucking ruled, that was a good time. It was in the Revolution Bar.

No but saw them on the strip and asked them what they were down for they were originaly down to do something at the puma store.

gmoneyak
03-14-2008, 12:59 AM
the fact is, a small fest like vegoose simply cannot rely on long term planners...

the mere fact that it did NOT sell out with both rage and daft punk speaks to the fact that well, its a terribly thought out, planned and executed fest...

if i create a festival, i book both rage and daft, and I do not sell out? i am retarded...

That's why speculating about this year's lineup this early is fruitless. Last year's was dramatically different from the past and it seemed to alienate the Vegoose regulars. Who knows what direction they plan on taking it this year?

ivankay
03-14-2008, 07:45 AM
i went for the first time last October and liked it very much.

This is the picture thread. (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12477&highlight=ivankay)

jigsaw
03-14-2008, 09:06 AM
i went for the first time last October and liked it very much.

This is the picture thread. (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12477&highlight=ivankay)

Those are great pics. They are the opposite of mine. Yours seem to get better as the night went on. Mine got worse as the night went on.

Do you have any from Sunday? I saw you said "up next Franti" but then the thread stopped.

sin213
03-14-2008, 09:14 AM
what ever happened with that article someone postd on here about plant saying no to a tour. was that legit?

I had posted that from Yahoo Music...it was legit. But he may be free by halloween...the thing was that he was booked with Allison Krauss thru the fall of '08. Vegoose could get Zep...if they tour.

Any news whether or not Vegoose was happening? I went last year, but I thought the talk of the town was that Vegoose wasn't going to be back to Sam Boyd. There were rumors that it may move to North Vegas, but nothing confirmed...

CalmerThanYou
03-14-2008, 09:19 AM

Agreed.

jigsaw
03-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Daft Punk and Rage are sub-headliners at best...

ivankay
03-14-2008, 09:24 AM
Those are great pics. They are the opposite of mine. Yours seem to get better as the night went on. Mine got worse as the night went on.

Do you have any from Sunday? I saw you said "up next Franti" but then the thread stopped.

i am going to finish it at some point. Before Coachella rolls around i want to finish posting my Day 3 pictures. (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14330&highlight=ivankay) When i put up more of either, i'll bump the threads.

jigsaw
03-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Thanks man. I appreciate all that you share.

CalmerThanYou
03-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks man. I appreciate all that you share.

I have a ton, not as good of quality (no time to apply the effort to editing), but are awesome.

I'm in the white shirt, and obviously "not there." SUCH GREAT TIMES! Those chicks were moderately cool, however in follow up emails with them they said the vision was horrible. Whatever, they WIN.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l289/kolbycap/l_4ab30b5577d9c8f43d9276cead169d86.jpg

jigsaw
03-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Are you dressed as a jogger? jk

I see you are getting wasted off the H20.

great pic.

canexplain
03-14-2008, 10:01 AM
yea my favorite board photographer took a pic of me ....... i hope it does happen again this year ... its nice to end the summer season with a good fest ... i am mad i never heard who won the costume contest ... that made a difference if we went to the roo or not :( x****

jigsaw
03-14-2008, 10:03 AM
there were so many great costumes. i hope they do an 08'

RickeyinLA
03-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Actually, my friend and I had a amazing time at Vegoose last year. It was also hands-down the best Daft Punk performance of the four that I'd see since Coachella. People were soooooooo nice. Awesome costume party. Even Rage were 10x better than at their Coachella show last year. Lots of room to move around. Perfect weather.

I will totally go again - it really just depends who they book.

CalmerThanYou
03-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Are you dressed as a jogger? jk

I see you are getting wasted off the H20.

great pic.

If you drink enough water you get shit housed. I was dressed as a duder with sweatbands on....hehe.

Also, my favorite part of this pic was the dude that we caught in the background with the Daft shirt on exactly as the pic was taken.

jigsaw
03-14-2008, 10:28 AM
If you drink enough water you get shit housed. I was dressed as a duder with sweatbands on....hehe.

Also, my favorite part of this pic was the dude that we caught in the background with the Daft shirt on exactly as the pic was taken.

Yeah, I thought the same thing.

msklvr
03-14-2008, 10:32 AM
I had a ton of pictures on the card in my camera from Vegoose. I went to go get them and see what I had, since I hadn't even looked at them, and my roommate erased them all and had myspace pics of herself and her kids birthday on it instead. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

I had a ton of great ones with the Daft Punk girls also. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

CalmerThanYou
03-14-2008, 10:58 AM
I had a ton of pictures on the card in my camera from Vegoose. I went to go get them and see what I had, since I hadn't even looked at them, and my roommate erased them all and had myspace pics of herself and her kids birthday on it instead. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

I had a ton of great ones with the Daft Punk girls also. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ahem...there are (though very few) occasions where the, ahem, heavy hand needs to be introduced.

That sucks dude.

scottierock
03-14-2008, 01:45 PM

actually it was 220 according to our receipt (and ya that sucks to pay that much), but you don't have to stay on the strip. As mentioned before - book early. look at travelzoo.com, vegashotelspecial.com, travelworm.com, priceline.com... deals are out there all the time - you need to look and not be lazy and wait till the month before.

btw vegoose 2008 is CONFIRMED if anyone is wondering. look at the lineup section, it says check back for '08. these rumors of Superfly simply ditching Vegoose and leaving Vegas are pure and utter rubbish. Vegoose is killer, and you must be a complete douche bag if you did not enjoy last years fest and the partying that went on all night after. It's f'n Vegas - you have problems if you can't find fun in that town.

suprefan
03-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Radiohead (headlining for second night)

They will be in Japan in October and will probably go to Austrailia to follow. Odds are they wont trek back over here until 2009.

MarkO
03-14-2008, 03:38 PM
............ btw vegoose 2008 is CONFIRMED if anyone is wondering. look at the lineup section, it says check back for '08. ..........

That doesn't mean 'ish.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-14-2008, 03:40 PM
I have a ton, not as good of quality (no time to apply the effort to editing), but are awesome.

I'm in the white shirt, and obviously "not there." SUCH GREAT TIMES! Those chicks were moderately cool, however in follow up emails with them they said the vision was horrible. Whatever, they WIN.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l289/kolbycap/l_4ab30b5577d9c8f43d9276cead169d86.jpg

I remember them walking around too

suprefan
03-14-2008, 03:42 PM
They got in the spin issue article about th eVegoose performances. Those lil pretentious bitches came from Wisconsin.

BlackSwan
03-14-2008, 03:47 PM
They got in the spin issue article about th eVegoose performances. Those lil pretentious bitches came from Wisconsin.

anyone see them with their helmets off? were they hot or were they wearing helmets for a secondary reason?

suprefan
03-14-2008, 03:48 PM
They were ''average''. Early 20's. The girl with the Thomas helmet is asian. Girl with the Guy Man shirt was your normal white chick from the midwest.

BlackSwan
03-14-2008, 03:51 PM
They were ''average''. Early 20's. The girl with the Thomas helmet is asian. Girl with the Guy Man shirt was your normal white chick from the midwest.

I hope they ended up in a threesome with a creepy Daft Punk fan.

suprefan
03-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Steve Aoki got them into the LAX party, he was flagging them down and got them out of the crowd, so yeah, probably.

menikmati
03-14-2008, 03:57 PM
I like midwest chicks.

Somewhat Damaged
03-14-2008, 05:33 PM

What made them pretentious?

gmoneyak
03-14-2008, 05:52 PM

Just the fact that Supre got no play.

suprefan
03-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Just the fact that Supre got no play.

I could care less about getting play from some bitches in robot suits.

You should have seen how they came off when dealing with anyone I saw talk to them and taking pics with them. Of course they thought they were hot s**t for making the costumes, so ya know.

scottierock
03-14-2008, 06:14 PM
That doesn't mean 'ish.

And your opinion means a whole lot more?

I dunno man... when an official website says clear as day CHECK BACK FOR '08 LINEUP i would assume that means there is going to be a Vegoose '08???

MarkO
03-14-2008, 06:42 PM
We'll see ....

mikebspeedracer
03-14-2008, 08:07 PM
So who do you guys thinks will be there this year?

Sushov23
03-14-2008, 08:57 PM
way to early for this man.

mikebspeedracer
03-14-2008, 09:01 PM
no not really bc we know who is touring this year and who has albums due to come out.

msklvr
03-15-2008, 08:48 PM
I will bet my last nickel that The Flaming Lips will be there,

rage patton
03-15-2008, 08:56 PM
I will bet my last nickel that The Flaming Lips will be there,

I am willing to bet you are very correct.

sbessiso
03-16-2008, 11:51 AM
i hope beck doesnt play :\

Somewhat Damaged
03-16-2008, 12:09 PM
The Flaming Lips would be cool if it weren't an election year. If it's anything like Coachella '04, Wayne Coyne will spend 50 minutes talking about how awful Bush is and that it's our duty to go out and vote and 15 minutes actually playing some fucking music.

mikebspeedracer
03-16-2008, 01:56 PM
flaming lips would be a good first day headliner if they did their UFO show

mikebspeedracer
03-16-2008, 03:20 PM
btw has anyone seen their UFO show live? how was it?

menikmati
03-16-2008, 03:27 PM
what the hell is their UFO show?

suprefan
03-16-2008, 03:29 PM
what the hell is their UFO show?

This should help. Take 2004's show entrance and add a big freaking UFO.

Pj3gv9_ynTU

menikmati
03-16-2008, 03:34 PM
pretty fuckin dumb....of course, the lips have to use over the top theatrics to cover up some of their crappy music....I'm sick of the balloons, giant fists, stuffed animals, ufos, volcanoes, waterfalls, rainbows, bubbles and whatever else.....just give me this:

TZ78FP-fBtU

mikebspeedracer
03-16-2008, 03:36 PM
damn some of those videos on the menu look pretty cool! would be totally psychedelic.

suprefan
03-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Furries will invade Vegas if they play.

mikebspeedracer
03-16-2008, 03:41 PM
superfan your pic is awesome! ATHF is my favorite show... new one tonight.