PDA

View Full Version : why? fans are the worst

catsandhats
03-10-2008, 03:01 AM
i dont know if anyone else here was at the alopecia release show on the sixth but the only thing more incredible than doseone and why?s performances was the fucking audience and how awful they were

PLAY YO YO BYE BYE

PLAY GEMINI

PLAY RUBBER TRAITS

PLAY WATERFALLS

fuck

they also would not shut their fucking mouthes during doseones set

it was great how the audience gave cryptacize more respect than doseone

myspace.com/cryptacize

yeah really incredible right

my new favourite band :D

at least none of why?s latecoming HEY HAVE YOU HEARD OF WHY? T/HE/Y ARE KIND OF LIKE MY LITTLE SECRET I SAW THEM ON TOUR WITH SILVER JEWS YOU PROBABLY HAVENT HEARD OF THEM fans will be at the exitingARM release show in may :D

or is subtle going to be all the indie rage too

fans aside it was a great show and i recommend that anyone that is seeing the alopecia tour show up late so they dont have to sit through cryptacize

i would say that cryptacize makes the worst music ive ever heard but then i wouldnt be giving busdriver the credit he is due :D

xxxxxxxxxx
03-10-2008, 03:21 AM
i saw why? open for yo la tengo. they were ok. not crazy about them like every one else seems to be.

tessalasset
03-10-2008, 08:27 AM
we unfortunately do not get any stops on the alopecia tour for some odd reason. a random show at the natural history museum is all we get. unless that tangier show back in january really was their la tour stop. but we didn't get any doseone. just alopecia all the way through. i can't wait to buy it tomorrow!

bug on your lip
03-10-2008, 08:32 AM
i like alopecia & will be seeing em soon

Hannahrain
03-10-2008, 08:39 AM
I love Why?. I am the worst.

catsandhats
03-10-2008, 09:17 AM
we unfortunately do not get any stops on the alopecia tour for some odd reason. a random show at the natural history museum is all we get. unless that tangier show back in january really was their la tour stop. but we didn't get any doseone. just alopecia all the way through. i can't wait to buy it tomorrow!
isnt it already released

the show i went to was the release show

they didnt have the lp though which was pretty disappointing

the show was incredible but like i have never seen a worse audience and i have been to a my chemical romance show (dont ask me why)

catsandhats
03-10-2008, 09:31 AM
The show you went to was the first show of the tour, but was not a release show. Doseone was not great at that show either until Jel came out. I didn't mind the singer of Cryptasize, she had a beautiful voice, but her lyrics were embarrassing.

did you somehow miss the posters they were selling

WHY? ALOPECIA RELEASE SHOW MARCH 6 GREAT AMERICAN MUSIC HALL DOSEONE JEL ODD NOSDAM CRYPTACIZE

they had like two hundred of them

they were even selling alopecia

also no dose killed people are just retarded and dont think its a concert unless they can dance to it

edit: also when i talked to josiah about it he said they were supposed to have the lp for the show too but someone fucked up

catsandhats
03-10-2008, 09:55 AM
I didn't see Alopecia on the merchandise table, and I didn't read anywhere that it was being released. I guess you know. I'll just buy it tomorrow.

Dose was being whiny and unfunny. To me. It doesn't have anything to do with dancing. Plus I don't understand why (no pun) he's trying to emulate Yoni's sound, he's singing songs that sound stylistically spot on like Yoni. I just want him to spit flow rapid fire. That's what he's good at.
in what way was dose biting yoni

the only song dose did that was stylistically like anything yoni has done was that cover of jimmybreeze 1

tessalasset
03-10-2008, 12:10 PM
THROW DOWN

mountmccabe
03-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Alopecia is out officially in stores tomorrow. They were selling it at the show last night, though.

PotVsKtl
03-10-2008, 12:45 PM
I didn't hear very many people calling out songs. One guy next to me yelled A Little Titanic, which I would have loved to hear. If you have that much of an issue with people being vocal about their enthusiasm for the artists' catalog then you need to stay home.

Also, Why? were way off at that show. If you think that was amazing, wait for a smaller venue. I think they were a little bit intimidated by the size of the crowd. I'm almost positive that's the first encore they've done.

I don't agree that Dose is copying Why?, although he's clearly trying to figure out a way to be a solo artist. Apparently that involves singing and writing pop songs. I'm personally interested to hear what he comes up with.

catsandhats
03-10-2008, 02:36 PM
I didn't hear very many people calling out songs. One guy next to me yelled A Little Titanic, which I would have loved to hear. If you have that much of an issue with people being vocal about their enthusiasm for the artists' catalog then you need to stay home.
no the crowd was awful

there is enthusiasm and there is heckling :D

and the same people got mad when jel and nosdam started throwing beers and shit at the stage because no one in the crowd actually knew shit about the artists they had come to see :D

i would be legitimately surprised if a quarter of the people there knew they were at a hip hop show :D

Also, Why? were way off at that show. If you think that was amazing, wait for a smaller venue. I think they were a little bit intimidated by the size of the crowd. I'm almost positive that's the first encore they've done.
hahahahaha what :D

normally when dose opens for why? or why? opens for subtle the encore is the refrain from the cLOUDDEAD bike 10"

i was pissed it wasnt actually since david and adam were both there

how can you think that in the years that why? has been releasing albums and touring that they have never once done an encore

I don't agree that Dose is copying Why?, although he's clearly trying to figure out a way to be a solo artist. Apparently that involves singing and writing pop songs. I'm personally interested to hear what he comes up with.
what

trying to figure out a way to be a solo artist what

hemispheres :D
:D slow death
untitled :D
subtitled :D

yeah he hasnt been releasing solo shit for like :D a decade or anything :D

PotVsKtl
03-10-2008, 02:58 PM
You're fucking retarded on a previously unheard of scale. Bathe in hot tar.

PotVsKtl
03-10-2008, 03:04 PM
P.S. The crowd was not at a hip hop show. Why? is not hip hop. Dose did mostly pop stuff. Bringing Dose on stage for the last song is not an encore. Being in the opening band and being brought on for the last song is not an encore. Making song requests is not heckling. Headlining GAMH with a packed crowd is a huge show for Why?. I know this because I've been at all of them for the past several months. If you can't tell the difference between what Dose was playing last week and the rest of his solo work, that's your personal issue. Additionally, you are a Jew and a cockhound. Step away from the emoticons.

pinguinotonto
03-10-2008, 03:06 PM
I saw why? in Tucson on saturday, and the crowd was really fuckin rude to Cryptonica or whatever, but we had an awesome time during Why? such a fun show. I think even the band was pretty excited about the reception they got by the tucson crowd.

tessalasset
03-10-2008, 04:05 PM
no the crowd was awful

there is enthusiasm and there is heckling :D

and the same people got mad when jel and nosdam started throwing beers and shit at the stage because no one in the crowd actually knew shit about the artists they had come to see :D

i would be legitimately surprised if a quarter of the people there knew they were at a hip hop show :D

i think my USC student crowd may have been at your show too. they were screaming "play some fucking better music" and shit like that when i first walked in, and i thought oh great, here are some bored frat boys just here cause there's nothing else to do on campus and they're gonna totally ruin the show for me. but then they randomly started yelling out names of songs (and not rubber traits/gemini either), and would sing along randomly to different songs. so..they were actually fans. conclusion: why? fans are the worst.

catsandhats
03-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Why? is not hip hop.
LIMED FOR TRUTH :D :D :D

bmack86
03-10-2008, 05:26 PM

Pull your head out of that circus clown's ass.

tessalasset
03-10-2008, 06:14 PM
seriously. i used to say they were an indie hip hop band but i can't even say that with a straight face now. they are a straight up pop rock band with perhaps less than conventional vocal delivery.

catsandhats
03-10-2008, 06:16 PM
P.S. The crowd was not at a hip hop show. Why? is not hip hop.
so you have been following why? for several months

and havent figured it out yet

that they are hip hop

gj kid :D

Dose did mostly pop stuff. Bringing Dose on stage for the last song is not an encore.
no but bringing dose on stage

for the encore

is an encore

ps why? has been around for years

i have seen them before

they do encores

like every band ever

although they didnt do an encore when i saw them ~six months ago

because the crowd was filled with the same sort of faggots at the gamh

only interested in hearing rubber traits waterfalls yo yo bye bye and gemini

so i mean what could they possibly play in the encore that was worth listening to right

Making song requests is not heckling.
ok so you werent at gamh k

couldve just

said that

I know this because I've been at all of them for the past several months.
you have been cross country

just following why? k :D

If you can't tell the difference between what Dose was playing last week and the rest of his solo work, that's your personal issue.

I don't agree that Dose is copying Why?, although he's clearly trying to figure out a way to be a solo artist.
yeah my point clearly wasnt that

he figured out how to be a solo artist a long time ago

i liked your point though

about how it wasnt hip hop until jel came out

i guess it isnt hip hop until you drop bass right :D

Additionally, you are a Jew and a cockhound. Step away from the emoticons.
the peak of internet wit

alternative insults :D

youre such a cockgoblin XD XD XD

catsandhats
03-10-2008, 06:17 PM
seriously. i used to say they were an indie hip hop band but i can't even say that with a straight face now. they are a straight up pop rock band with perhaps less than conventional vocal delivery.
so they are an experimental indie rock band

that while experimenting

invented hip hop

k :D

catsandhats
03-10-2008, 09:59 PM
:D radiohead is a straight up hip hop group with perhaps less than conventional emceeing :D

tessalasset
03-10-2008, 10:24 PM
dude what are you TALKING about?

i mean...it seems like you're not a big fan of elephant eyelash songs, but that album was straight up pop. are you embarrassed to like a pop rock band or something? it's not a big deal. maybe with Oaklandazulasylum and the split with odd nosdam, but pretty much everything since the sanddollars ep has slowly veered into pop music. you don't have to be embarrassed about it. it's fantastic shit. it's just not hip hop anymore. people evolve.

i've seen why? a handful of times since 2005 and each time their songs are progressively less hip hop and more rock. it's just a fact of life my friend.

wmgaretjax
03-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Why? is not hip hop. Doesone figured out his own vibe long ago. His best work is with Subtle.

catsandhats
03-10-2008, 10:59 PM
their songs are progressively less hip hop and more rock. it's just a fact of life my friend.
:D hahaha :D
:D
yeah man
alopecia :D

is way :D less hip hop

than elephant :D eyelash

or sand dollars

like you would have to be retarded to think that
good :D friday
song of the sad assassin
gnas :D hville
the :D fall of mr fifths :D
a sky for shoeing horses under
twenty eight :D
by torpedo :D or crohns
or exegesis :D

were hip hop

clearly just indie rock with nonstandard percussion-singing :D :D :D
like seriously what :D

like the album is pretty much obviously indie rock and abstract hip hop :D

also t wmgaretjax

doseones best work is with cLOUDDEAD

it was called the sound of a handshake 10''

and the a side is the best thing doseone or why? or odd nosdam

have ever made

wmgaretjax
03-10-2008, 11:24 PM
This dude has to be an alias...

tessalasset
03-10-2008, 11:48 PM
yeah man, alopecia is way less hip hop than elephant eyelash or sand dollars. like you would have to be retarded to think that good friday, song of the sad assassin, gnashville, the fall of mr fifths, a sky for shoeing horses under, twenty eight, by torpedo or crohns, or exegesis were hip hop. clearly just indie rock with nonstandard percussion-singing. like seriously what. like the album is pretty much obviously indie rock and abstract hip hop :D

sure but then you're calling the vowels pt. 2, these few presidents, the hollows, fatalist palmistry, brook & waxing, and simeon's dilemma hip hop over pop rock.

and yes, i would call song of the sad assasin and gnashville more indie rock than hip hop.

tessalasset
03-10-2008, 11:50 PM
also wmgaretjax i think we'd be letting ourselves off the hook too easily to call him/her an alias.

catsandhats
03-11-2008, 12:29 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
i am not saying anything about
ratio of whateverthefuck to hip hop
i am saying
that all of the songs have elements of hip hop in them
like really fucking obvious ones
except for maybe like two or three of them
i am not saying it is a pure hip hop record :D
i am saying why? fans (you) are terrible :D
and one thing that is indicative of this :D
is that they (you) dont see the hip hop elements in the new record :D

gratytrainridesagain
03-11-2008, 12:36 AM
cloudead was the best thing that any of them did well and mybe deep puddle dynamics the only thing that's even relatively close now days is why?

tessalasset
03-11-2008, 08:37 AM
yes, they have elements of hip hop in them. that is why i like them so much is because they sound so different from the other stuff i listen to. they have a very unique sound. i just can't believe you can listen to their new album and say "WHY? IS HIP HOP" over and over again in this thread like it's the end all to end all.

ps have you heard their Cure cover?

TomAz
03-11-2008, 08:43 AM
why is this guy
writing his posts
in verse?

is it so that
he can better fit
in more emoticons?

in my opinion
he should just go
and fuck himself

mob roulette
03-11-2008, 09:37 AM
His or her last.fm page really scares me. Somewhere between simple vigilante and militant extremist. Travis Bickle I'm thinking here. Potential future assassin. Shudder.

catsandhats
03-11-2008, 12:34 PM
ps have you heard their Cure cover?
yes it is awful

wmgaretjax
03-11-2008, 02:01 PM
that all of the songs have elements of hip hop in them

Yes and Beyonce has elements of hip hop in her songs, does that make it hip hop?

catsandhats
03-11-2008, 07:30 PM
alopecia is clearly just alternative + hip hop

i dont know where you guys are getting

indie rock from

i guess it can be indie rock too :D

since indie rock

doesnt mean anything :D

im glad that

you guys think i am saying alopecia is a pure hip hop record :D

you guys are really smart :D

:D :D

what a great fanbase why? has

Young blood
03-11-2008, 07:32 PM
I hope you fall into traffic and live as a paraplegic.:)

Hannahrain
03-11-2008, 07:34 PM
His posts remind me of someone talking the way the crippled kid from Malcolm in the Middle talks.

I (breath) was (breath) thinking (breath) about (breath) this (breath) one (breath) band.

miscorrections
03-11-2008, 07:34 PM
It'd be awesome if you stopped baiting people. It's making me wretched.

Young blood
03-11-2008, 07:35 PM
and every time you take a breath it taste like draino.:) :) :)

wmgaretjax
03-11-2008, 07:36 PM
In my mind Why? has more in common with Beat poetry than hip hop.

Young blood
03-11-2008, 07:36 PM
His posts remind me of someone talking the way the crippled kid from Malcolm in the Middle talks.

I (breath) was (breath) thinking (breath) about (breath) this (breath) one (breath) band.

HOLY SHIT! WE ARE RIGHT HERE! IM POINTING AT MY EYES WITH MY 2 FINGARS THEN POINTING AT YOU AS I TYPE THIS.

Young blood
03-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Thats right. Hannah is x1000 the woman you wish you could be. thats what im sayin.

catsandhats
03-11-2008, 09:50 PM
I hope you fall into traffic and live as a paraplegic.:)

to be dax strong :D

catsandhats
03-11-2008, 10:02 PM
In my mind Why? has more in common with Beat poetry than hip hop.

why? is clearly more L=A=N=G=U=A=G=E than anything

MonsoonSeason
03-11-2008, 10:05 PM
on a side note cryptacize is really pissing me off

catsandhats
03-11-2008, 10:10 PM
on a side note cryptacize is really pissing me off
thats how anticon. rolls
(with a craigslist ad
that reads
need awful band for american tour
must work for free)

wmgaretjax
03-11-2008, 11:31 PM
hahahaha. Insane Clown Posse...

catsandhats
03-11-2008, 11:51 PM
hahahaha. Insane Clown Posse...
you just are too fucking stupid :mad:

to :mad: fucking :mad: comprehend

the very abstract overarching religious allegory
:mad:
that violent j and 2 dope created :mad:
im sorry that not all music is just poppy
intellectually devoid :mad:

indie pseudointellectual bullshit :mad:

tessalasset
03-12-2008, 11:39 AM
hahahahahaa uh oh you pissed him off.

wmgaretjax
03-12-2008, 12:24 PM
it all makes sense now. hahahahaha.

PotVsKtl
03-12-2008, 12:27 PM
so you have been following why? for several months

and havent figured it out yet

that they are hip hop

gj kid :D

no but bringing dose on stage

for the encore

is an encore

ps why? has been around for years

i have seen them before

they do encores

like every band ever

although they didnt do an encore when i saw them ~six months ago

because the crowd was filled with the same sort of faggots at the gamh

only interested in hearing rubber traits waterfalls yo yo bye bye and gemini

so i mean what could they possibly play in the encore that was worth listening to right

ok so you werent at gamh k

couldve just

said that

you have been cross country

just following why? k :D

yeah my point clearly wasnt that

he figured out how to be a solo artist a long time ago

i liked your point though

about how it wasnt hip hop until jel came out

i guess it isnt hip hop until you drop bass right :D

the peak of internet wit

alternative insults :D

youre such a cockgoblin XD XD XD

You are the stupidest motherfucker I have ever encountered on this board. That's a repulsive achievment.

PotVsKtl
03-12-2008, 12:34 PM
http://www.last.fm/user/ronpaul2008

Jesus christ kid, you must be glad calling people backpackers has gone out of style.

catsandhats
03-12-2008, 03:35 PM
yes potvsktl :D

it is now indie to say backpacker again
:D :D :D
its your little secret :D :D
everyone else here is going to :D:D:D:D:Durbandictionary:D:D:D:D:D it
because you are so alternative :D

like juno :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

TomAz
03-12-2008, 03:52 PM
for your sake, i hope you're drunk.

mountmccabe
03-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Yes and Beyonce has elements of hip hop in her songs, does that make it hip hop?

Yes does not have any elements of hip hop in their songs. Sheesh.

wmgaretjax
03-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Listen again with attentive ears...

catsandhats
03-12-2008, 04:44 PM
yes is hip hop with avantcore instrumentation and less than standard experimental harmonic emceeing

catsandhats
03-13-2008, 09:30 PM
TTT:D:D:D:D

bballarl
03-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Listen again with attentive ears...

Hahahahahaha

catsandhats
03-14-2008, 07:46 PM
http://www.paperthinwalls.com/listeningparty/index?id=61

k i have decided that why? is much worse than his fans could ever be :D