PDA

View Full Version : Should I see Foo Fighters at Wembley?

IdiotequeThom
03-09-2008, 09:14 PM
I just found out that I'm going to be in England at the same time that the Foo Fighters are playing Wembley. I've heard quite a lot of hype about the type of production they are going to have for this show, but is it going to be worth the kind of money I would have to shell out to get a decent ticket?

JustSteve
03-09-2008, 09:15 PM
yes. if i was younger and without much responsibility i would have already booked the trip myself, but that is not my reality these days.

also, was checking for a friend and tickets were still available via the ticketing agency a couple weeks ago.

see tickets (http://www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?e%7Cartist=FOO+FIGHTERS&n|artist=null&resultsperpage=20&filler1=see&filler2=art-srch)

here's what i just pulled when requesting a single ticket:

You requested 1 LEVEL 1 RESERVED SEATS ticket priced at 54.45 in block 144 in the LEVEL 1
We have allocated row 26 seat 21

We will hold this seat for the next 5 minutes
To retain it, your order must be completed within that time

Click "ACCEPT" to continue
If you wish to select a different location, a different number of seats, or a different event altogether, please click "CHOOSE AGAIN"

Sushov23
03-09-2008, 09:16 PM
YES, do it, or else you will hate yourself.

gaypalmsprings
03-09-2008, 09:17 PM
If they have floor tix, go for sure. They use 2 stages, so get yourself a place (or seat) near one of the stages. They put on a great show in LA - no doubt a great one in England as well. The 2nd stage drops from above, so look up!

JustSteve
03-09-2008, 09:23 PM
wembley will be different...they are doing it in the round with ramps jutting out in many different directions.

http://media.ticketmaster.co.uk/en-gb/tmimages/venue/maps/uk4/11729s.gif

so in looking at this, that level 1 section 144 ticket is a damn good seat...

suprefan
03-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Do it, and if that ticket Steve pulled up is there, you have a prime view for this. And yeah I want to hear what they hell is going to happen at this. If there is no official DVD made of these performances, it will be a shame.

fatbastard
03-09-2008, 09:49 PM
I would not. Yeah they sold out MSG but wembley? So many other things to do in England.

suprefan
03-09-2008, 10:04 PM
I would not. Yeah they sold out MSG but wembley? So many other things to do in England.

::shakes head::

IdiotequeThom
03-09-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm currently bidding on a pair of floor tickets. the auction is over in 7 hours so I'll see if I get the tix in the morning.

woogie846
03-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Dammit I'm really bummed I missed them at the Forum.

JustSteve
03-09-2008, 10:15 PM
So many other things to do in England.

it's a few hours of time, so not going to really miss out on much.

seeing a show at wembley is something i really want to do at some point in life...

fatbastard
03-10-2008, 07:05 AM
If you put that way, then it's a lock.

I had an opportunity to see U2's rattle and hum tour at Wembley. I had the money and a couple of days off of work. I was going to go just for the concert then come back home. I didn't do it and have regretted it ever since.