PDA

View Full Version : Electrica Daisy Carnival/Nocturnal 08

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Sonicifyouwantit
03-09-2008, 06:08 PM
anyone go last year anyone going this year? I missed EDC unfortunately so Im going this year. Was at Nocturnal and the vip area for once at a fest was worth it. Free alcohol and a great view of the mainstage. CHEMICAL BROTHERS!

EDC June 28th 2008

Nocturnal September 13 2008

Westy
03-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Same here. Missed EDC last year, but VIP'd at Nocturnal to see the Chemical Brothers. I went by myself and had a great time. I was impressed with the line-up, layout and huge turnout. One end of the VIP was too close to the drum'n'bass stage though. My head was banging on the drive home!

I'm going to try and make it to EDC this year. Is it at the Coliseum again?

shakermaker113
03-09-2008, 09:15 PM
I'd like to go. I wish I knew more people into the rave scene.

digitalface
03-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Only went to EDC once a few years ago. It was terrible. The environmental production was weak and the music was weaker. We left early and went to an even crappier after-hours. At least we found some fun candy kids to play with. They made it worth the dusty drive to and from San Bernardino. I've heard nocturnal is a better party, but the few I've been to int he greater LA area have jsut disappointed me so much on the music-quality end of things. I mean, I can enjoy almost any venue if the music works, but EDC has lots to prove to me.

Westy
03-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Nocturnal and Electric are both organised by Insomniac Events. Previous events were held at NOS in San Bernardino which is a rather run down venue in my opinion. I hope EDC will be at the Coliseum again, or downtown L.A.

If anyone wants to do a meet-up, I'll probably be going to both.

raver15
03-11-2008, 10:05 AM
missed them both last year... but i will most def be at both this year... "HOW SWEET IT IS" is only two weeks away!

xbnmx
03-11-2008, 04:56 PM
http://bigdaddyslist.com/images/860_21.jpg

Sonicifyouwantit
03-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Only went to EDC once a few years ago. It was terrible. The environmental production was weak and the music was weaker. We left early and went to an even crappier after-hours. At least we found some fun candy kids to play with. They made it worth the dusty drive to and from San Bernardino. I've heard nocturnal is a better party, but the few I've been to int he greater LA area have jsut disappointed me so much on the music-quality end of things. I mean, I can enjoy almost any venue if the music works, but EDC has lots to prove to me.

EDC left that horrible venue in the 909, its been moved to the coliseum and was raved about (no pun intended) check out you tube vids, the fest was outside the coliseum and inside too...looked great. I really had fun at nocturnal last year...people that complained about both events in the past really enjoyed both in 2007

Sonicifyouwantit
03-11-2008, 10:55 PM
I'd like to go. I wish I knew more people into the rave scene.

yeah I probably wouldnt go alone if they were in norcal, but I live about 15 minutes away from both so it doesnt bother me

send me ctrpllrs
03-11-2008, 11:31 PM
I'll be at EDC this year, my first time. I'm sure I'll go to Nocturnal as well. Haven't been into the rave scene for too long, but it's fun.

instinct
03-12-2008, 12:39 AM
EDC isn't going to be at the coliseum again this year.. unfortunately. I freaking loved it last year.. I haven't missed an EDC in like 6 years.. so I doubt I'll miss it this year.

Astrid
03-12-2008, 06:44 PM
seeing the chemical brothers at nocturnal last year in downtown la was totally worth the 6 hour drive in the middle of the night with a broken window and two random douchebags...

i doubt i will go this year, im over raving in general. too costly, too many dumbfucks. but if there is someone i want to see as badly as i wanted to see the chem brothers i probably wont be able to resist.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-12-2008, 06:47 PM
EDC isn't going to be at the coliseum again this year.. unfortunately. I freaking loved it last year.. I haven't missed an EDC in like 6 years.. so I doubt I'll miss it this year.

where will it be at?

xbnmx
03-12-2008, 06:50 PM
My source says it will be at the collisium again with Paul Van Dyke this time around.

Bud Luster
03-12-2008, 07:38 PM
eh, I actually like the NOS. Its well suited for those events. It just happens to be San Bernardino, which might be the most cracked out place on earth. didnt make it to either this year though, heard fantastic things about EDC this year, and that Noc was just really crowded but that being downtown LA was fun.

Daft Fro
03-12-2008, 07:52 PM
I've been to the last 5 EDCs. 2007 was the best. I'll be there agaion this year if they have the same setup. Coliseum > NOS. NOS is cool (albeit in San Bernarmethouse), but not when it is jam packed.

I remember in... 2005 I think, at NOS, they had a stage with bands. VHS or Beta, Moving Units, Ozomatli, and the Donnas (ugh,...it was painful. I blame my ex.)

Sonicifyouwantit
03-12-2008, 08:54 PM
a lot of these insomniac events are taking place in downtown these days, guess they finally realized downtown is a ghosttown at night.

phonics80
03-12-2008, 10:17 PM
I went to Nocturnal. Showed up right before The Chems, and left right after. Not into raving, but they were amazing as usual. Pretty cool watching them with cars on 110 fwy passing right behind the stage.

I have a ton of videos from that show on my youtube channel. Epic.

feather
03-13-2008, 05:21 PM
i'm definitely going this year. someone from insomniac told me paul van dyk and benny benassi are a sure thing. woo benny! nocturnal last year was so much fun and the chemical brothers blew me away. i hope they come back soon. also im going to how sweet march 22nd ...anyone?

humanoid
03-13-2008, 06:39 PM
there is no more rave scene......huge parties in places like the coliseum aren't raves....or events in huge clubs...they're just dance parties in clubs

Sonicifyouwantit
03-13-2008, 10:33 PM
i'm definitely going this year. someone from insomniac told me paul van dyk and benny benassi are a sure thing. woo benny! nocturnal last year was so much fun and the chemical brothers blew me away. i hope they come back soon. also im going to how sweet march 22nd ...anyone?

benny is playing vanguard in LA this saturday. Probably not going to HSII

there is no more rave scene......huge parties in places like the coliseum aren't raves....or events in huge clubs...they're just dance parties in clubs

both are still vibrant...plenty of underground raves going on

orbit
03-13-2008, 10:47 PM
EDC had a pretty diverse lineup last year. Did anyone see Aquasky, or spend most part of the night in the Basspod?

whiteash
03-26-2008, 09:15 PM
you can start purchasing tickets for electric daisy now!

feather
03-26-2008, 09:34 PM
how sweet was prob the best time of my life...just excites me for the rest of the year and EDC mostly

xbnmx
03-26-2008, 10:05 PM
EDC had a pretty diverse lineup last year. Did anyone see Aquasky, or spend most part of the night in the Basspod?

I saw Aquasky.

instinct
03-26-2008, 11:15 PM
wow.. i was so wrong.

It's at the Coliseum and Expo Center again this year.. I'll go.. I just fucking love that location.

Jagh20
03-27-2008, 07:55 AM
Who remembers EDC in Tulare, I think it was in 2000...now that was a freaking awesome time....too bad they have all been downhill since...

Sonicifyouwantit
03-27-2008, 10:22 AM
wow.. i was so wrong.

It's at the Coliseum and Expo Center again this year.. I'll go.. I just fucking love that location.

sweet, Im getting my ticket VIP

jackstraw94086
03-27-2008, 10:30 AM
My curiosity is always piqued by this but it all accounts from friends have been that it just feels like a big raver cage.

//OnThePulse\\
03-27-2008, 10:47 AM
sweet, Im getting my ticket VIP

when do they announce the line up?

i've always wanted to go.. regret missing chem bros last year..

Bud Luster
03-27-2008, 11:05 AM
My curiosity is always piqued by this but it all accounts from friends have been that it just feels like a big raver cage.

Which event Jack? Ive never been to HSII, but I heard that shit was rammed. These massive events bring out all the candykid d-bags.

*edit: I have had tons of fucking fun at Noc and EDC in recent years though.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-27-2008, 01:20 PM
when do they announce the line up?

i've always wanted to go.. regret missing chem bros last year..

Keep checking insomniacevents.com for info. Line up will be out soon but price of admission goes up as event draws near. VIP was $150 and General was $50. I will probably easily drink and buy drinks for my friends through out the night to total more than $100 so free drinks in the VIP actually saves me money.

Got my ticket a few hours ago.

oh also, chems were at nocturnal not electric daisy which is on sale now. nocturnal not on sale till summer

feather
03-27-2008, 03:06 PM

I have so much fun at these events, no matter how crazy/raver the surrounding people are. there is every type of person you could imagine in attendance, down to the most normal kid you'd sit next to in english class. if you like the music, and to dance, it's so worth it.

instinct
03-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Holy Fuck. VIP is $150. Ticket prices have been raised ridiculously.

VIP:

2006 - $75
2007 - $100
2008 - $150

If this keeps happening VIP is going to be $250 next year.

Kali27
03-28-2008, 01:55 AM
Yay! Nocturnal is awesome... I've never been to EDC before but my best friend and I are going this year... Took her to TAO for new years... it was her first rave... but I cant stand the sports arena. Nocturnal at NOS was fun and it was awesome seeing the Chemical Bros. on the streets of LA...

ps. Feather! I was at How Sweet It Is too!!

feather
03-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Yay! Nocturnal is awesome... I've never been to EDC before but my best friend and I are going this year... Took her to TAO for new years... it was her first rave... but I cant stand the sports arena. Nocturnal at NOS was fun and it was awesome seeing the Chemical Bros. on the streets of LA...

you were! what did you think?? i was at TAO and took my best friend to her first rave also...

Sonicifyouwantit
03-28-2008, 12:19 PM

I went to Hard NYE, my buddy went to TAO....yes Chemical Brothers at nocturnal was great. The lighting up on the skyscrapers and the freeway behind looked really cool. The sound was great too!

feather
03-28-2008, 07:42 PM
I went to Hard NYE, my buddy went to TAO....yes Chemical Brothers at nocturnal was great. The lighting up on the skyscrapers and the freeway behind looked really cool. The sound was great too!

yah and the creepy clown on the screen, and the "DO IT AGAIN" guy. wow they are so my idols. i hope they play another festival this year.

HEADSTRUCK
03-28-2008, 08:13 PM

agreed. here in the midest our raves consists of partys in barns or warehouses. campouts are held on privte farms in the middle of cornfields and such. we dont really have that scene anymore where its ok to rave. I have had guns put to my head for raving and full riot police storm parties. i miss those times when it was ok but at the same time i like having "raves" and not dance parties with "sponsers".

Westy
03-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Hope EDC has a big name live act, Underworld, Prodigy, Daft Punk. The Chemical Brothers were a perfect fit at Nocturnal and made a change from the usual DJs.

shakermaker113
03-28-2008, 11:58 PM
I have had guns put to my head for raving and full riot police storm parties.

ok, I want to hear these stories...

dnbmunke
03-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Nothing can top TAO New Years 01-01-01 best party EVER.....
80,000 people partying at the sports arena and the coliseum....legendary

HEADSTRUCK
03-29-2008, 03:20 PM
ok, I want to hear these stories...

well the halloween party like 6 years ago was one of the worst, just hanging out and custom agents run in with guns drawn(including assulat rifiles) and make everyone lay on the floor. As this is going on i am walking downstaurs as they are coming up, they throw me to floor and put a gun to my back. i lay there for a min thinking who are these people. they proceed to keep doing this to people as i got up and went back up stairs, i found one of the promoters up there and told him what was going on(at this time they have not made there way upstairs). I grabed a few friends and we went out the fire escape with some others. the whole street was blocked off and our car was blocked by vans and paddy wagons. so we just out in the next street down. A friend of mine came walking up and was like WTF is going on(she just got there and they told her the party was over to go home). Everyone was givin a 900 and sumtin $ ticket and released if they didnt have stuff on them. My friend who was a rave promter at the time called the ALCU and they sent suits to repesent everyone in court.....needless to say the city spent a ton over money on this and all the cases were thrown out of court. I will try to see if i can find any news articles on it. it was in the city of Racine, WI like 6 years ago....
I got more but am not gunna sit here and type all nite.

shakermaker113
03-29-2008, 06:43 PM
wow. so they had assault rifles, and you weren't afraid to run away? dang.

thanks for sharing. that's awesome.

feather
03-29-2008, 07:04 PM
raving in a barn...that is just so awesome. you could even hang out with some animals, and roll in the haystacks.

coldstart
03-29-2008, 07:08 PM
I went to EDC, Nocturnal and Together As One last year. It was all about John '00' Fleming at EDC. I'm planning on going again this year. VIP kicks ass.

dnbmunke
03-30-2008, 11:58 AM
eh I only go to massives these days to look at all the half naked females walking around drunk and rollin....

not to sound creepy or anything

wmgaretjax
03-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Be gone lame EDM fans! Be goooone!

blakely
03-30-2008, 12:34 PM
your all gonna look like this jack ass....

http://mdma.net/toxicity/e.jpg

Bud Luster
03-30-2008, 04:05 PM
best picture from EDC ever (07)

http://www.insomniacevents.com/photos/albums/2007-06-30-electricdaisycarnival/electric-daisy-carnival-20070630-050.jpg

blakely
03-30-2008, 06:01 PM

http://www.insomniacevents.com/photos/albums/2007-06-30-electricdaisycarnival/electric-daisy-carnival-20070630-050.jpg

wtf?!

they cant be a day over 14!

your a sick fuck...

but i like your style.....

Bosco
03-30-2008, 08:39 PM

wtf?!

they cant be a day over 14!

your a sick fuck...

but i like your style.....

haha, I remember going last year to Nocturnal and a girl similar to these two, asked me if she could use my cell phone to contact her friend, and I said "No".

Of course she got all pissy at me and called me an asshole. So then I said "sorry bitch, your not worth the 15 cents!"

Kali27
03-30-2008, 09:53 PM
you were! what did you think?? i was at TAO and took my best friend to her first rave also...

It was pretty decent... haha... I hadn't gone to a rave in almost 3 years but we really didn't have anything better to do so we said fuck it.

Nothing can top TAO New Years 01-01-01 best party EVER.....
80,000 people partying at the sports arena and the coliseum....legendary

That was actually my first time at TAO and the Coliseum is horrible and disgusting. Worst idea for a massive. Nocturnal is way better than TAO. The NOS center was awesome and having in the streets last year was pretty freaking sweet.

Young blood
04-07-2008, 07:42 AM
http://www.electricdaisycarnival.com/

SWEET! Its coming to Denver this year.

Young blood
04-16-2008, 10:13 AM
I dont like starting new threads. Sonic Bloom 2008 line-up announced,

As always it will be fantastic.

http://www.sonicbloomfestival.com/

chairmenmeow47
04-16-2008, 10:20 AM
the girl on the left up there is in dire need of that food booth behind her!!!

i went to edc and had a BLAST last year. that was my first EDC. i've been to three nocturnals (03, 04 & 05) and i too really like the NOS. i will go to EDC if the lineup is awesome. i hate how it takes so long to get both the EDC and Nocturnal lineups.

dj marky and deep dish were my favourites last year. the security guards kept looking at me and my girlfriend like we were insane while we were dancing to marky but it was so much fun.

my friends and i dressed up like rainbow brite characters last year, i was tickled pink!!

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/edc_6-30-07/011_colour_kids.thumb.jpg

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/albums/edc_6-30-07/037_cute_booties.thumb.jpg

Young blood
04-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Im tired of waiting for EDC line-up too. I might buy presale and if the line-up sucks sell it. Presale for Denver is $30 so you cant go wrong.

Global dance festival at Red Rocks is also panning out slowly
Ferry Corsten
Deadmau5
JunkieXl
Diesel Boy
and im hearing rumors of Carl Cox.

chairmenmeow47
04-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Im tired of waiting for EDC line-up too. I might buy presale and if the line-up sucks sell it. Presale for Denver is $30 so you cant go wrong.

Global dance festival at Red Rocks is also panning out slowly
Ferry Corsten
Deadmau5
JunkieXl
Diesel Boy
and im hearing rumors of Carl Cox.

it's not just tickets though, it's hotel, driving, ect. a LOT of arizona people go to the cali massives, so there's a lot of planning involved. i hate getting caught up in the planning only to find out felix da housecat is headlining or something (oh wait, this isn't monster massive, lol).

we'll see, you're right though, it may just be worth buying a cheaper presale and selling it if i don't want to go.

dieselboy is coming to tucson for the umpteenth time at the end of may. can't wait :)

Sonicifyouwantit
04-17-2008, 06:04 PM

someone call me? oh sorry

uniform72
04-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Who remembers EDC in Tulare, I think it was in 2000...now that was a freaking awesome time....too bad they have all been downhill since...

That was a great lineup but the worst location of all the uber-raves.

agreed. here in the midest our raves consists of partys in barns or warehouses. campouts are held on privte farms in the middle of cornfields and such. we dont really have that scene anymore where its ok to rave. I have had guns put to my head for raving and full riot police storm parties. i miss those times when it was ok but at the same time i like having "raves" and not dance parties with "sponsers".

I lived in the great state of Wisconsin for 4+ years but did not get into the rave scene until it was almost too late (after moving back to California). I've since been to multiple EDC, Nocturnal and Audiotistic events as well as a number of raves from the beaches to the mountains and the deserts. To this day the best party I've ever been to was in a small warehouse in Madison during one of my first trips back to WI.

Astrid
04-19-2008, 02:09 PM
eh. this annoys me. by the time the line-up comes out, if i actually end up wanting to go i probably wont be able to afford it.

for some reason edc has been the only massive i have missed in the last few years. weird shit always comes up...

coldstart
04-19-2008, 02:49 PM
My best pick from last EDC:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1369/1393671694_ca8e3fe131.jpg (http://flickr.com/photos/viyh/sets/72157602036776874/)

Young blood
04-25-2008, 09:46 AM
PvD
Moby (DJ Set)
Benny Benassi
Christopher Lawrence
Menno De Jong (?)
Joauin Bamaca

Rabbit in the Moon (Live)
DJ Dan + Donald Glaude (2x4)
The Freestylers (DJ Set)
Krafty Kuts
Glitch Mob

Armand Van Helden
Todd Terry
D. Ramirez
Harry Choo CHoo Romero
DJ Reza
Lenny Vega

Mark Farina
Colette
DJ HEather
Andy Caldwell
Fred Everything

Z Trip
Boyz Noize
Shinichi Osawa
Le Castle Vanie
Party Chank
D.I.M.
Blake Miller
Classixx
Villains
Paparazzi
Eli Smith

DJ Hype
Dieselboy
Friction
Goldie
Dillinja & Lemon D
Evol Intent (Live)
DJ Fury
Hazen
Deco

aclockworkapple
04-29-2008, 08:11 PM
I went to EDC this year, for my first rave. Though it was pretty sick myself, especially compared with Together As One.

I am pretty sure it *is* going to be in the Coliseum again this year; at least that's what the poster says.

feather
04-29-2008, 08:20 PM
yah i got the flyer with lineup and everything this weekend. its at the la coliseum again...

Kali27
04-29-2008, 08:20 PM
I'll be going with Feather!!!!

Yay :)

feather
04-29-2008, 08:24 PM
i know kali i can't wait! we will have to make some fun costumes, i am going to use some leftover jungle gear.

hangthedj112
04-30-2008, 07:23 AM
Seeing D.I.M. and Shinichi Osawa would be cool, but not at the price of having to be surrounded the scourge of the earth.

Young blood
04-30-2008, 07:37 AM

Sonic Bloom festival
Zilla
Lotus
praang
EOTO
Sporque
Glitch Mob all 4
Bassnectar
Heavyweight Dub Champion,
Bluetech
Vibesquad
Rena Jones
ediT
Nosaj Thing
Eskmo
Welder
Jamie Janover
Ana Sia
David Starfire
Djunya
DJ Rootz
Sub-ID
Lynx
GSP & The Freestyle Movement
The Sonic Bloom Rebel Alliance Orchestra
(feat. Steve Kimock and members of ZILLA, String Cheese, EOTO, Heavyweight Dub Champion & The Glitch Mob)
More TBA

Early Bloomer - $99 now til May 10th
Advance tix - $115 May 11 to June 19th 5PM
Door Price - $135

Individual day tix
Thus - TBA
Fri - TBA
Sat - TBA

Psilo
05-01-2008, 05:44 PM
EDC 07 at the Coliseum proved that the Coliseum is the best venue for a massive that So Cal has had in the last decade or so. It's seriously awesome. The only complaint (minor one) is that it takes a long ass time to walk from Stage 1 to Stage 4 (drum and bass -> house/electro). But we being coachella heads shouldnt need to worry about that.

EDC 08 has a GREAT lineup.

feather
05-01-2008, 06:39 PM
just bought my ticket. i hope you guys decide to go!

Young blood
05-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Jesus denvers edc line-up sucks donkey dick.

fatbastard
05-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Yay Villains & Paparazzi!

bballarl
05-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Boys Noize.

diastereo
05-01-2008, 10:11 PM
the lineup is AMAZING. rabbit in the moon are one of my all time favs from when i first started going out. what a treat!!

summerkid
05-02-2008, 12:40 AM
I might have to go to this Boys Noize, Moby, Rabbit in the Moon. Not bad...not bad.

dubvulture
05-02-2008, 01:16 AM
Looking forward to Shinichi Osawa and of course, Boys Noize

Sonicifyouwantit
05-02-2008, 01:48 PM
NICE! BOYS NOIZE! not to miss

tripcalifornia
05-02-2008, 02:13 PM
massives seem to be getting shady lately again. The last three I went to were 80% 18 yr olds (if that) that seemed to only be there as a place to get fucked up and people sketchin all around. EDC is a yearly thing for me though, especially with this line up. The best one I ever went to was in 01 or 02 which was a daytime party at the Hanson Dam. Maybe they need to get more of these things going on in the day time, a lot different vibe than night time, ya know?

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
05-02-2008, 02:35 PM
isn't edc 4pm-4am? that's some daytime. sun won't go down til at least 7:30. i'm going. :)

feather
05-03-2008, 05:33 PM
since it seems like a dozen + of you guys are wanting to go/attending, why don't we have a post coachella boardies meetup at some performance we would all enjoy? we can bring back some of that coachella love to the coliseum! just an idea...

thelastgreatman
05-03-2008, 05:59 PM
RITM, Dieselboy, and Evol? Nice.

Kali27
05-03-2008, 07:14 PM
I got my ticket Sophia!!!

Rabbit in the Moon is going to rocket me into outerspace... We gotta get creative for costumes...

but be forewarned, I'm mostly gonna be at the DnB stage...

Sushov23
05-03-2008, 07:24 PM
I want to go to this for Boyz Noise, and Moby. I just don't know if I can.

feather
05-04-2008, 10:32 AM
I got my ticket Sophia!!!

Rabbit in the Moon is going to rocket me into outerspace... We gotta get creative for costumes...

but be forewarned, I'm mostly gonna be at the DnB stage...

I have left over feathers from my jungle outfits so i will start with those to form a costume...i probably wont be at DnB as much as you, but ofcourse its not a problem to meet up later. do you think you're going solo?

feather
05-04-2008, 10:34 AM
RITM, Dieselboy, and Evol? Nice.

come. we can have the afterparty at your house.

Sonicifyouwantit
05-08-2008, 02:32 PM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh52/sonicifyouwantit/EDC.jpg

chairmenmeow47
05-08-2008, 02:35 PM
i'm starting to want to go. especially since the rabbit in the moon playing in arizona curse seems to still be alive and well :(

i don't think i've ever seen a live set from BT.

Barbara, the ninja
05-08-2008, 02:37 PM
Chairman, if you go, you have to go in pasties. Just sayin'

Blinken
05-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Listen to Barbara she speaks the truth.

Daft Fro
05-08-2008, 02:42 PM
EDC 07 at the Coliseum proved that the Coliseum is the best venue for a massive that So Cal has had in the last decade or so. It's seriously awesome. The only complaint (minor one) is that it takes a long ass time to walk from Stage 1 to Stage 4 (drum and bass -> house/electro). But we being coachella heads shouldnt need to worry about that.

EDC 08 has a GREAT lineup.

Totally concur. Last year put EDC on another lvl, than the previous ones at NOS in SB.

This is gona be phat.

chairmenmeow47
05-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Chairman, if you go, you have to go in pasties. Just sayin'

bua ha ha. hellz yeah, tassles and all :thu

Young blood
05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
This is what we get..*yawn*...fuck you LA

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c193/mmmmdoughnuts/EDC_web.jpg

Barbara, the ninja
05-08-2008, 02:54 PM
:) I'm so excited for this! The first rave I went to was this year's Together As One. It had such a great atmosphere; everyone was so nice and happy. I can't wait to run around again :)

PassiveTheory
05-08-2008, 02:58 PM
55$... Fuck.

Is Moby good live anymore?

BlueDevil50
05-08-2008, 03:02 PM
solid lineup...hopefully i can make an appearance!

HeppKatt
05-08-2008, 03:04 PM
I wont be going to EDC this year, due to asshole friends. But I will be attending Nocturnal.. one of my new FAVORITE parties. Last year was a blast! Chemical Brothers was amazing! I dont think Ive danced more at a party.

Sonicifyouwantit
05-08-2008, 04:37 PM
I wont be going to EDC this year, due to asshole friends. But I will be attending Nocturnal.. one of my new FAVORITE parties. Last year was a blast! Chemical Brothers was amazing! I dont think Ive danced more at a party.

why blame your friends? just go, you are the only one stopping you

chairmenmeow47
05-09-2008, 08:49 AM
:) I'm so excited for this! The first rave I went to was this year's Together As One. It had such a great atmosphere; everyone was so nice and happy. I can't wait to run around again :)

if i go, we should definitely meet-up at some point :)

and young blood, at least you get uberzone live! i don't think i've seen that. tech itch + dylan always rock the decks too.

Barbara, the ninja
05-09-2008, 09:16 AM
if i go, we should definitely meet-up at some point :)

You bet!

Do they allow rollerskates?

feather
05-09-2008, 07:10 PM
You bet!

GUIDELINES:
NO Sitting on designated dance floor areas!
NO Video Cameras (still cameras are ok)
NO Weapons (includes pocket knives and pepper spray)
NO Glass
NO illegal Substances
NO Pets
NO Balloons
NO Open packet of cigarettes
NO Markers
NO Spray Paint
NO Pacifiers
NO Dust Masks
NO Outside Food or Beverage
NO Fireworks
NO Stickers, flyers, or posters inside

From last year... Sounds like you'll be okay!

shaggyduck
05-09-2008, 07:16 PM
BOYS NOIZE WILL DESTROY

1,000,000 FACES
sr_eBQzezcQ

Can't wait for the EDC. It's gonna be rizrazzled!

leo01g
05-13-2008, 11:48 AM
I still have to buy my tickets

chairmenmeow47
05-13-2008, 12:01 PM
You bet!

ha ha ha, i like the way you think!

it would probably be a gigantic hassle to skate around all day, so bring backup shoes if you do. dealing with retarded rolling people on the ground is annoying enough in shoes... lol

leo01g
05-13-2008, 12:15 PM
http://www.prolineskates.com/acatalog/heelys220.jpg

Hopeless Semantic
05-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Kaskade is awesome live...

I'll be going to EDC for the first time in years...the last time I went was when it was @ the Dam in the SFV area...wow I had sooo much fun and met my ex there lol...

VIP all the way...

StillDancing
05-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Im going! So excited, How Sweet showed me how much insomniac fucking rules. Sooooooooooooooo many friends coming.

Moby, Bennassi, Freestylers, Z-TRIP!?!?! (Suprised noone has mentioned him yet)

PassiveTheory
05-13-2008, 06:54 PM
*sigh* I need 50$...

feather
05-13-2008, 07:24 PM
I didn't get to go on any of the rides at Nocturnal last year, the lines were WAY too long. Has anyone rolled and gone on them?! Is it worth the wait?

leo01g
05-13-2008, 11:11 PM
what rides do they have at EDC?

ADrunkPoet
05-14-2008, 02:29 AM
I will be attending..

First "rave" in quite some time...should be interesting..

fatbastard
05-14-2008, 06:53 AM
Can anyone share a Rabbit in the Moon experience? I'm strongly considering going just for their set then leaving. I've been listening to the music on their MySpace account. Can't seem to get enough of this stuff.

diastereo
05-14-2008, 07:06 AM
Can anyone share a Rabbit in the Moon experience? I'm strongly considering going just for their set then leaving. I've been listening to the music on their MySpace account. Can't seem to get enough of this stuff.

i've seen them twice. the last time was in 1996 at an Ultraworld party in DC at the DC Armory which probably holds 4-5,000 people. it was truely amazing. of course, they played Out of Body Experience, two different remixes of The Phoenix, and the remix of Posession which was "the" song at the time. i think they even played some hardkiss remixes too. they played for about 90 minutes. they do a sort of performance art thing with a guy in a bunny suit with a saw which releases sparks. i don't know if they still do that. they also had a spectacular light show with pretty impressive lasers. the best part was when they threw thousands of those multicolor glow stick necklaces out into the audience during Out Of Body Experience. you could literally see the entire crowd pulsating up and down with every beat while twirling the glow necklaces in the air forming almost a ceiling of light. i will never forget the sight.

Jagh20
05-14-2008, 08:01 AM
i've seen them twice. the last time was in 1996 at an Ultraworld party in DC at the DC Armory which probably holds 4-5,000 people. it was truely amazing. of course, they played Out of Body Experience, two different remixes of The Phoenix, and the remix of Posession which was "the" song at the time. i think they even played some hardkiss remixes too. they played for about 90 minutes. they do a sort of performance art thing with a guy in a bunny suit with a saw which releases sparks. i don't know if they still do that. they also had a spectacular light show with pretty impressive lasers. the best part was when they threw thousands of those multicolor glow stick necklaces out into the audience during Out Of Body Experience. you could literally see the entire crowd pulsating up and down with every beat while twirling the glow necklaces in the air forming almost a ceiling of light. i will never forget the sight.

I saw them last year at the Vanguard in Hollywood...and yes it is a very worthwhile act to go see. They did the chainsaw thing, and added some crazy shit with sawing a big metal mask(being worn), that shit shot sparks out into the audience.

They also handed out 3-d type glasses to everyone...too bad I had tje driving duty for that night.....

chairmenmeow47
05-14-2008, 08:39 AM
if you're into showmanship, it's definitely an experience when they go all out. well worth it.

here's some pics from their 2004 nocturnal set:

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/579029-2/fire_001.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=18bc36babac77b4acc4aef2 03c570d9a

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/579027-2/fire.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=18bc36babac77b4acc4aef203c5 70d9a

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/579049-2/light_up_bunny.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=18bc36babac77b4ac c4aef203c570d9a

Lurker_in_a_tree
05-14-2008, 08:51 AM
has rabbit in the moon changed their act at all in 12 years? looks like the exact same stuff they were doing at nocturnal in '96.

Xenocide
05-14-2008, 02:26 PM
i haven't been to a massive since giant maximus NYE 06/07... i like this lineup, it's super-sweet...

i think i may have to go to this... i'm def. down for meeting up with people there...

thelastmejia
05-14-2008, 04:20 PM
if you're into showmanship, it's definitely an experience when they go all out. well worth it.

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/579029-2/fire_001.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=18bc36babac77b4acc4aef2 03c570d9a

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/579027-2/fire.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=18bc36babac77b4acc4aef203c5 70d9a

http://ivy.aholic.us/gallery/d/579049-2/light_up_bunny.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=18bc36babac77b4ac c4aef203c570d9a

Yeah RiTM is a good show, but hes been doing the same show since forever. They did the same exact show two years in a row at Ultra and everywhere they go. Its like they are cheerleaders in costume on stage

chairmenmeow47
05-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah RiTM is a good show, but hes been doing the same show since forever. They did the same exact show two years in a row at Ultra and everywhere they go. Its like they are cheerleaders in costume on stage

it may not be different, but to someone who has never seen the show, it's new.

just like i'm sure the cure has probably played "pictures of you" 80 million times by now, but the first time I finally got to hear it live in 2004 still means the world to me.

i agree that it would be nice to see something different from them, but at least they're doing SOMETHING besides just standing behind their equipment.

whynotsmile99
05-14-2008, 04:41 PM
hmmm this does look fun. sadly my friends into raves all moved away. if we did a coachella meet up or something....i might be tempted to go to this...giong to raves by yourself aint so fun

shakermaker113
05-14-2008, 06:21 PM

damn! now I really want to go.

the best part was when they threw thousands of those multicolor glow stick necklaces out into the audience during Out Of Body Experience. you could literally see the entire crowd pulsating up and down with every beat while twirling the glow necklaces in the air forming almost a ceiling of light. i will never forget the sight.

that sound really awe inspiring. damn.

Barbara, the ninja
05-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Oh man, those pictures made my heart skip a beat! I am SO fucking excited to go to this!!! I can't wait to make friends with the entire world. Damn, I hope I don't have to take the bus home after it, since I'll probably be in a really vulnerable state.

whynotsmile99
05-14-2008, 08:08 PM
i want to go! coachella group for this, lets do it! i need a place to crash. i'll buy ya dinner/booze!

Westy
05-14-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm down for a Coachella board meet-up. I don't really know anyone who like raves/massives, so I usually end up going alone.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=807790528

feather
05-14-2008, 09:15 PM
what rides do they have at EDC?
RIDES LIKE THESE:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/EDC/wow.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/EDC/sea.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/EDC/ferris.jpg

I'm always thankful I have large groups of friends willing to go to these massives, I would be sad to go alone! We separate all the time but always end up reuniting and sharing totally different stories(likewise with coachella). At TAO me and my bestie found this forest area with ravers rolling on the ground and doing these crazy dances...we try to go on little adventures and meet as many people as possible. Hopefully we can arrange a meetup, I say Rabbit In The Moon is an act most of us are interested in seeing...so we should do it during their set.

Bosco
05-14-2008, 09:19 PM
couldnt you just go to a local fair, pop some E, and listen to some tunes on your Ipod while riding one of those rides to get the same "experience"?

leo01g
05-14-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm down for a Coachella board meet-up. I don't really know anyone who like raves/massives, so I usually end up going alone.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=807790528

we should! Im going with a couple of friends but i want to meet you guys

leo01g
05-14-2008, 09:24 PM
RIDES LIKE THESE:
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/EDC/wow.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/EDC/sea.jpg
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn209/featherforever/EDC/ferris.jpg

I'm always thankful I have large groups of friends willing to go to these massives, I would be sad to go alone! We separate all the time but always end up reuniting and sharing totally different stories(likewise with coachella). At TAO me and my bestie found this forest area with ravers rolling on the ground and doing these crazy dances...we try to go on little adventures and meet as many people as possible. Hopefully we can arrange a meetup, I say Rabbit In The Moon is an act most of us are interested in seeing...so we should do it during their set.

Thats going to be pretty cool while on some drugs

feather
05-14-2008, 09:26 PM
couldnt you just go to a local fair, pop some E, and listen to some tunes on your Ipod while riding one of those rides to get the same "experience"?

IPOD will never beat a live performance...all the other "activities" are just icing on the cake. And drugs, go along with any musical experience if you want them to.

leo01g
05-14-2008, 09:28 PM
IPOD will never beat a live performance...all the other "activities" are just icing on the cake. And drugs, go along with any musical experience if you want them to.

yes! couldnt have said it better myself

Bosco
05-14-2008, 09:32 PM
I was talking about riding the rides.... not the festival...

There was so much talk about the rides, but I just dont see what the big deal is to ride a carnival ride at a Rave...

instinct
05-14-2008, 09:55 PM
lol i've been to like 5 edc's and never went on a single ride..

oh wait.. i always go on the giant slide.. that thing is bad ass.

chairmenmeow47
05-14-2008, 10:04 PM
lol i've been to like 5 edc's and never went on a single ride..

oh wait.. i always go on the giant slide.. that thing is bad ass.

seriously!!! i hadn't been on one of those in years and i went down it last year, awesome :)

i don't generally trust carnival rides that aren't "permanently" attached to the ground. i was on a ferris wheel at a small fair that caught on fire once. nothing crazy obviously, but still, that shit ain't right.

that being said, there was one ride at EDC that didn't really leave the ground, so i figured it was ok. it was a circular thing that you rode around in really fast with crazy lights, maybe something "wave" related, i don't remember lol. that was a very fun way to kick start the evening!!!

leo01g
05-14-2008, 10:42 PM
E till 4 in the morning should be fun!

thelastgreatman
05-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Dude, I wouldn't even be going to this thing if it wasn't for RITM. Yay Bunny.

thelastgreatman
05-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Also, drug orders for this thing should start being placed with me now.

leo01g
05-14-2008, 10:51 PM
Dude i PM'ed you yesterday!

thelastgreatman
05-14-2008, 10:56 PM
I don't know if I'm getting any of that, unless demand for 100 hits turns up, which I don't think we're gonna account for.

leo01g
05-14-2008, 11:00 PM
100 hits? thats cool then. I'll have to settle with E. What about 2c-b?

thelastgreatman
05-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Doubt it but I'll look into it.

leo01g
05-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Nah thats cool. E and maybe blow should do it.

send me ctrpllrs
05-15-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm going to be buying my tickets this friday.

A friend of mine supposedly has a connect for some pure MDMA, so I should be set there. I'll just need to get my shrooms.

leo01g
05-15-2008, 12:47 AM
shrooms sound pretty good but i dont want to deal with a fucking stomach ache even though ill probably get one anyways

shakermaker113
05-15-2008, 08:37 AM
darn. I might be away that weekend. darn.

chairmenmeow47
05-15-2008, 08:54 AM
i think i'm just going to drink this year. i had a blast last year candy flipping since i hadn't done it in forever, but i'm definitely getting old and need a full day of recovery for that and i won't be getting that with this trip.

i have to say, deep dish in the collesium last year was practically a religious experience for me. no one could get me to move. i was offering random people $10 for their water, but a few nice girls just gave them to me. i was surrounded by close friends too, it was beautiful. i'm so glad the venue is the same. that's one of the reasons i told my friends i'd tag along!

i thought that nothing could top that, but then dj marky knocked my socks off. i'd seen him at coachella in 2005 and he was incredible then too. jesus christ that man knows what he's doing, i'd let him do dirty things to me just for the music he plays. he knows how to keep me dancing :)

and yes, coachella meet-up!!! i can be the organizer. PM me your cell phone numbers and i can text everyone with a time and meet-up spot if you're interested. i'm thinking something pretty early in the night. we usually do an AZ meetup, so maybe i could do it to coincide with that.

leo01g
05-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Are there a lot of food venders or just like one or two? I dont want to die of dehydration.

Coachella board meet up!

chairmenmeow47
05-15-2008, 08:58 AM
Are there a lot of food venders or just like one or two? I dont want to die of dehydration.

they have a DIPPIN DOTS STAND which is ALL that matters!!!!

but yes, lots of food from what i remember. i wanted to throw some of it to the coke whore looking girls in their underwear.

i hope they have that lil reggae ice-cream truck (serving beats, not ice-cream) too. that was chill :)

leo01g
05-15-2008, 09:01 AM
DIPPIN DOTS? Nice i havent had those in like a year. The only place i see them having those are in Knotts or Six flags i cant remember.

Sonicifyouwantit
05-15-2008, 09:29 AM

nope

leo01g
05-15-2008, 11:43 AM
"This event is ALL AGES - FULL BARS FOR 21+. ** OUR LOCATION ** - Safe, secure location centrally located in Southern California."
I just found this on a website. Nothing more secure than south central LA!

Westy
05-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know if it's worth spending the extra money on VIP tickets at the Coliseum? I went VIP for Nocturnal, and it definitely had its perks. Walked straight in, free drinks, some space to move around because it was so packed outside. But $150 is a lot of money.

Meet-up. Meet-up.

tessalasset
05-15-2008, 12:05 PM
"This event is ALL AGES - FULL BARS FOR 21+. ** OUR LOCATION ** - Safe, secure location centrally located in Southern California."
I just found this on a website. Nothing more secure than south central LA!

"centrally located in Southern California" is not the same thing as "south central LA."

Sonicifyouwantit
05-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Does anyone know if it's worth spending the extra money on VIP tickets at the Coliseum? I went VIP for Nocturnal, and it definitely had its perks. Walked straight in, free drinks, some space to move around because it was so packed outside. But $150 is a lot of money.

Meet-up. Meet-up.

same deal for EDC too, I got mine...sucks that it started at $150. would have been nice if it were $100 at the start. Think I paid $80 for VIP at Nocturnal. either way you are getting same set up as nocturnal.

Sonicifyouwantit
05-15-2008, 12:08 PM
"centrally located in Southern California" is not the same thing as "south central LA."

thats where the event is though...also I dont know how its centrally located in southern california...LA is pretty far north for SD and pretty far east for Riverside county but I guess its all in how you promote it.

Kali27
05-15-2008, 12:10 PM
haha... it's in one of the most unsafe places you'd ever want to find yourself in for any other reason besides a rave... and even then, I wont walk across the street to the gas station.

Sonicifyouwantit
05-15-2008, 12:11 PM
haha... it's in one of the most unsafe places you'd ever want to find yourself in for any other reason besides a rave... and even then, I wont walk across the street to the gas station.

I hear downtown SD is a rough place too. (not really though)

anti-square
05-15-2008, 12:13 PM
same deal for EDC too, I got mine...sucks that it started at $150. would have been nice if it were $100 at the start. Think I paid $80 for VIP at Nocturnal. either way you are getting same set up as nocturnal.

This would depend on how much drinks go for. I can see myself drinking quite a bit from 4 to 2. $150 might be a bargain for me.

Kali27
05-15-2008, 12:13 PM
There actually is a few places, like Barrio Logan and Logan Heights, that can come kinda close to central LA... but I actually live like 30 min. north of the city anyways so it doesn't really matter unless one needs to score dope, then that's the place to be.

Kali27
05-15-2008, 12:14 PM
And why would you actually pay for VIP?

Seems like not as much fun and a waste of money...

Sonicifyouwantit
05-15-2008, 12:16 PM
This would depend on how much drinks go for. I can see myself drinking quite a bit from 4 to 2. $150 might be a bargain for me.

Im guessing drinks to be minimum $7 for hard liquor...upwards of $9 maybe for top shelf....I'm with you dont forget free water too which can add up. Lets face it you only get $2 water at coachella.

Sonicifyouwantit
05-15-2008, 12:20 PM
There actually is a few places, like Barrio Logan and Logan Heights, that can come kinda close to central LA... but I actually live like 30 min. north of the city anyways so it doesn't really matter unless one needs to score dope, then that's the place to be.

so live somewhere near carlsbad then? or further south?

fun has nothing to do with it, its not like you are restricted from anything. you get free drinks and the set up is nice...good little retreat through out the day. trust me not a waste if its done right. nocturnal was done right, any time you can get a watress to bring a tray of free drinks to your table with all your friends is never a bad time.

also I think they are going to have another stage just for vip area so if anything you have more options on what you hear

Westy
05-15-2008, 12:23 PM

I just found VIP good at Nocturnal because the place was so packed, it was nice to be able to go some where, have a little space and have a drink and a smoke. I would imagine the Coliseum is more spread out though.

I don't know, I just can't make up my mind. If they were cheaper I'd buy one in a shot.

Anyway, which ever way I go I'm sure it will be spectacular!

Kali27
05-15-2008, 12:25 PM
I still just love being one of the crowd... maybe its the energy from that point.

I live in Encinitas, right to the south of Carlsbad... but I'm moving to LA here soon.

Sonicifyouwantit
05-15-2008, 12:30 PM
I just found VIP good at Nocturnal because the place was so packed, it was nice to be able to go some where, have a little space and have a drink and a smoke. I would imagine the Coliseum is more spread out though.

I don't know, I just can't make up my mind. If they were cheaper I'd buy one in a shot.

Anyway, which ever way I go I'm sure it will be spectacular!

it'll be the same at EDC, I too like to escape like you said and not have to worry about bar lines which will be huge. also knowing all my drinks are taken care of ahead of time...its like magic! oh oh ohhhh its magic!

Kali27
05-15-2008, 12:31 PM
I've never had an alcoholic beverage at a rave... it's the last thing on my mind.

leo01g
05-15-2008, 12:54 PM
I've never had an alcoholic beverage at a rave... it's the last thing on my mind.

yeah alcohol usually makes me take frequent and long pee sessions

stinkbutt
05-15-2008, 12:56 PM
I love beer when I'm messed

Kali27
05-15-2008, 01:08 PM
drugs > alcohol

anti-square
05-15-2008, 01:08 PM
You can sweat the water and aclohol away rather than pee it at a rave.

chairmenmeow47
05-15-2008, 01:09 PM
drugs > alcohol

alcohol = drug

=P

Kali27
05-15-2008, 01:10 PM
fine...

hallucinogens/mdma/mda/ganja > alcohol

anti-square
05-15-2008, 01:10 PM
alcohol + drugs > drugs

Kali27
05-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Some people can dig that I guess... i just cant.

stinkbutt
05-15-2008, 01:15 PM
alcohol + drugs > drugs

QFT this is the only way to go

anti-square
05-15-2008, 01:18 PM
The liver demands it.

BlackSwan
05-15-2008, 03:09 PM
:bump

leo01g
05-15-2008, 04:08 PM
alcohol + drugs > drugs

it depends on which drugs you are talking about. I would definitely not take E with alcohol. But i would smoke weed with alcohol since i get less of a hangover when i smoke.

thelastgreatman
05-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Drinking on ecstasy is silly. If you can stomach alcohol you haven't eaten enough pills, you pussies.

Alright, so since I need to make rent again we're going back into business ramping up to EDC. There's half a sheet of even better acid available around Sunday, and if I get enough orders lined up--preferential treatment and pricing given to orders that can be paid for and accepted soon as in prior to EDC--then I might be able to line up some of these (http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=9853) which I had the other night and they were SPECTACULAR.

Blinken
05-15-2008, 04:13 PM
I almost always smoke weed when i drink.

feather
05-15-2008, 04:17 PM
coachella meet-up!!! i can be the organizer. PM me your cell phone numbers and i can text everyone with a time and meet-up spot if you're interested. i'm thinking something pretty early in the night. we usually do an AZ meetup, so maybe i could do it to coincide with that.

I think we should meet up at RITM...other time slots could cause conflicts for whatever other acts the board wants to see. I think everyone will be down for some RITM meets coachella board. Thoughts?

leo01g
05-15-2008, 04:17 PM
How many mg of MDMA?

leo01g
05-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Drinking on ecstasy is silly. If you can stomach alcohol you haven't eaten enough pills, you pussies.

Alright, so since I need to make rent again we're going back into business ramping up to EDC. There's half a sheet of even better acid available around Sunday, and if I get enough orders lined up--preferential treatment and pricing given to orders that can be paid for and accepted soon as in prior to EDC--then I might be able to line up some of these (http://www.pillreports.com/index.php?page=display_pill&id=9853) which I had the other night and they were SPECTACULAR.

How many mg of MDMA?

leo01g
05-15-2008, 04:19 PM
I think we should meet up at RITM...other time slots could cause conflicts for whatever other acts the board wants to see. I think everyone will be down for some RITM meets coachella board. Thoughts?

that will be good but i think thats going to be pretty late but w/e

chairmenmeow47
05-15-2008, 04:19 PM

I almost always smoke weed when i drink.

i fully endose both of these statements. i hate how nocturnal has that $2 beer thing from like 4 to 6 (or they did in 03-05 when i went). cause then you drink too much and can't handle yer shit!!! it's evil!!!

i got really sick that way in 2004. i remember some guy trying to talk to me by this trash can, and then i just puked (in the trash can). the look on his face was priceless. i guess he'd never seen a girl in tight vinyl puke before ;) but luckily a nice friend-of-a-friend noticed i wasn't doing so hot and smoked me out :)

if you lived here randy, i'd send business your way!

chairmenmeow47
05-15-2008, 04:20 PM
that will be good but i think thats going to be pretty late but w/e

agreed. if there are conflicts, so be it. but in my experience, i can't be held responsible for anything after the sun goes down :)

i'd prefer to meet earlier in the day because once the night gets going, you're not going to want to leave your friends or whatever stage your at. the acts earlier in the day aren't as impressive anyways.

leo01g
05-15-2008, 04:27 PM

Randy im getting my pills from someone else but if you say they are SPECTACULAR I might consider

thelastgreatman
05-15-2008, 04:32 PM
They're very good--presses so they're not necessarily completely pure and I can't tell you for sure how many mg of MDMA is in them since I don't have a chemist at my disposal. I'd estimate around 110 maybe. Slow to come on for whatever reason but two gave me what I consider to be a full roll which is basically my benchmark for pills. I'm quite happy with them. not sure how long they're going to be around for though.

leo01g
05-15-2008, 04:46 PM
how many do you have?

thelastgreatman
05-15-2008, 04:47 PM
None yet, depends on what orders come in and investors. But the available quantity is, for the moment, unlimited.

leo01g
05-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Ill check with the people im going to see if they want some

Popping12ock
05-15-2008, 05:12 PM
EDC can't wait, the line should be awesome. i don't kno if it's going to top ETD PoP in Frisco, POP line up is too sick, Tiesto, Markus Shulz, and Ferry Corsten, but it sucks it ends at 2 a.m.

leo01g
05-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Tiesto blows big balls

thelastgreatman
05-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Alright, anybody who wants any of those pills (again, if I don't know you and you're a lurker I'll probably say fuck you) like this weekend should get onto PMing me--I can get them fronted now.

Bud Luster
05-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Damn, wish I was in socal LGM. Cant win em all. Also, the DiscoPop lineup is kinda shitty. EDC lineup fucking owns that shit, easy. Insomniac usually comes correct.

thelastgreatman
05-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Are you coming down for EDC? I'll probably be rolling into that HOLDING, since apparently dealing drugs is the only thing God seems to smile upon with me. Although, prices at EDC will probably be a little higher than they are picking up right now--we need to get some startup capital together, folks, so that I don't have to buy on margin. The savings will be passed onto you.

Bud Luster
05-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Are you coming down for EDC? I'll probably be rolling into that HOLDING, since apparently dealing drugs is the only thing God seems to smile upon with me. Although, prices at EDC will probably be a little higher than they are picking up right now--we need to get some startup capital together, folks, so that I don't have to buy on margin. The savings will be passed onto you.

Yup, I WILL absolutely be @ edc. I understand about "day of" - I'll be in touch this weekend...

fatbastard
05-15-2008, 07:15 PM
LGM, can I but pills with Supre's face on them?

Ok, chairmanmeow (anyone),

Do you have an idea what time RITM will go on? Midnight? 2AM? Just looking for an estimate. Not holding you to it.

thelastgreatman
05-15-2008, 07:19 PM
No meetup at RITM--I'm not dealing with trying to meet up with you pussbags right before an act I wanna have a good spot for. We can meet up earlier when the shitty acts are playing. Wait for set times already.

feather
05-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Fine no RITM meetup. I figured at this point in the night we could all be together, rolling, holding hands and spreading kisses, watching some amazing shit. Anyways I'm down for whatever so organize away. Randy I will be in touch with you...soon.

<3

Kali27
05-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Oh Sophia... you know by that point we'll be all over each other... I plan on rubbing up on you a great deal.. you are my new favorite person as of this moment :)

Plus.. I need some new gourmet PB and I have those other gifts for you so you better be skipping around hand in hand with me or I might have to cry...

thelastgreatman
05-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Who wants mushrooms now? Jesus Christ, when I decide to start dealing the offers just come flooding in. PM me with the quickness.

feather
05-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Oh Sophia... you know by that point we'll be all over each other... I plan on rubbing up on you a great deal.. you are my new favorite person as of this moment :)

Plus.. I need some new gourmet PB and I have those other gifts for you so you better be skipping around hand in hand with me or I might have to cry...

I will bring you a new gourmet PB and you can spoon feed it to people while they are rolling. Just let me know possible other flavors you will like!! Obviously we will be together a good chunk of the time, skipping, dancing, throwing glowsticks in the air (government issued ones)...can't wait!

diastereo
05-15-2008, 08:48 PM
I will bring you a new gourmet PB and you can spoon feed it to people while they are rolling. Just let me know possible other flavors you will like!! Obviously we will be together a good chunk of the time, skipping, dancing, throwing glowsticks in the air (government issued ones)...can't wait!

PB can't possibly refer to peanut butter, right? eating peanut butter while rolling sounds like one of the most awful experiences one could have in this life.

Sonicifyouwantit
05-15-2008, 09:01 PM

I...I...uhh......did..oh. (boyish giggle)

leo01g
05-15-2008, 09:04 PM
I...I...uhh......did..oh. (boyish giggle)

HAHA

Kali27
05-15-2008, 10:21 PM
haha... did I make your tongue roll over itself?!

I'll spoon feed you PB too if you'd like... or whatever else your taste prefers...

whynotsmile99
05-15-2008, 10:41 PM

I'll spoon feed you PB too if you'd like... or whatever else your taste prefers...

peanut butter sounds good actually

Kali27
05-15-2008, 10:44 PM
the european cafe mocha PB from Sophia's work is to die for... seriously.. I wish I had some more RIGHT NOW... I'll be coming by there this weekend to stock up my dear...

thelastgreatman
05-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Since this thread is serving as a "people wanting drugs" hotspot, here's some update copied over from the PAW thread:

Now, onto business of the moment, which as always is me being extended on credit to half a dozen different potentially violent drug sources, all for the glory and benefit of society at large. HERE are some fine pictures of the shrooms I will have an ounce of tomorrow. As with all my products they are absolutely first rate and by extension expensive--if interested, holla at me soon, they won't be around for long.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h165/thelastgreatman/DSC_0093.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h165/thelastgreatman/DSC_0092.jpg

Yes, those are bright golden caps, folks. BRIGHT gold. And if you care to take notice of the blue and white tones in the stem, you can practically see the psilocybin dripping out of that fungus. Order soon.

leo01g
05-15-2008, 11:28 PM
will you been having these for EDC too?

summerkid
05-15-2008, 11:32 PM
it seems like a bad idea to do this stuff over the internets just saying...

thelastgreatman
05-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Highly unlikely--2 pounds of it went out the door in 2 days, he has only 3 ounces left at the moment and I'm taking one as of right now, unless I get a few more orders for this weekend in soon.

thelastgreatman
05-15-2008, 11:33 PM
it seems like a bad idea to do this stuff over the internets just saying...

Keep it to yourself.

summerkid
05-15-2008, 11:34 PM
will do. *walks slowly out of room*

thelastgreatman
05-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Much obliged. In return, I'll give you some credit for calling Waters ahead of time. Jesus Christ, I just wish that he HAD lip-synced. That would've been so much better.

chairmenmeow47
05-16-2008, 09:20 AM
yes, yes, meetup early in the day. i ain't gettin all plurry or kissing any of you freaked out fucks =P

when it gets closer, will check out set times and all that and everyone can send me their numbers.

my girlfriend and i are thinking about being ringmasters for this event. i gotta start looking for a coat with tails, lol.

Young blood
05-16-2008, 09:25 AM
mmmmmm golden caps.

anti-square
05-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Those do look delicious. I've had some before, but never got visuals. Just felt awesome and tingly all over and everything gave me the giggles. They weren't golden though

Sonicifyouwantit
05-16-2008, 09:40 AM

yeah you are pretty much my favorite message boarder. There are quite a few I like here....but baby your the best! (in carly simon voice)

Kali27
05-16-2008, 09:41 AM
zing!

nice work... we'll have to make sure we get to meet each other at EDC then...

Sonicifyouwantit
05-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Keep it to yourself.

no you!

leo01g
05-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Lets have a giant orgy!

Kali27
05-16-2008, 11:09 AM
My orgy days are long behind me... or are they? :)

leo01g
05-16-2008, 11:10 AM
With some Spectacular drugs anything is possible

Kali27
05-16-2008, 11:11 AM
I was gonna say that in my last post... yup, with the right amount of the right drugs, anything IS possible...

Kali27
05-16-2008, 11:12 AM
but I'm not about to become the new board whore so those things will have to discuss in private ;)

anti-square
05-16-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm just getting started

leo01g
05-16-2008, 11:22 AM
I plan on getting AIDZ by the first hour im there

Kali27
05-16-2008, 11:26 AM
ya, I would like to avoid the AIDZ as much as possible...

anti-square
05-16-2008, 11:28 AM
My immune system is the cure, so I'm fine.

Blinken
05-16-2008, 11:29 AM
You just have to inject money into your veins and you will be fine.

leo01g
05-16-2008, 11:29 AM
EDC should be fun. Im still deciding what drugs ill be in since there is an abundancy of pure goodness

leo01g
05-16-2008, 11:30 AM
You just have to inject money into your veins and you will be fine.

HAHA that episode was hilarious!

Sonicifyouwantit
05-16-2008, 02:22 PM
My orgy days are long behind me... or are they? :)

"these are my O.R. scrubs"
"Oh are they?"

feather
05-16-2008, 07:34 PM
Kali I think I am going to be an exotic colorful circus bird for EDC. I HAVE to incorporate feathers into my outfit, so this will be perfect. Miranda is going to be a doll-like joker, and my other friend might be the animal trainer. So this is what we have so far for the carnival theme. (I like your idea though and it saves you money)

Kali27
05-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Dude... What was my idea again?! (bad short term memory)I was totally going with some feathery, peacocky idea... I'm gonna love when we meet up and look quite similar :)

Im also gonna call you because I have some serious matters to inform you of...

thelastgreatman
05-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Alert, drug fiends:

LA-based board members--the first ounce of mushrooms is all gone but I'm only an eighth or two short of enough orders to grab another one, incidentally the last ounce of the pound which is sitting on hold for me until tomorrow afternoon. If you can claim any of these eighths for yourself (and the 35 dollars they cost each) please PM me soon. Will be reposted in Drug Thread and EDC thread.

leo01g
05-18-2008, 10:21 PM
dude i might need some more depending on how i like them 2morrow

digitaldragon03
05-19-2008, 08:58 AM
When do they announce set times?

Westy
05-19-2008, 09:31 AM
I don't think the set times are announced until a few days before the event. Like Coachella. I'm not sure when they came out last year.

Hopeless Semantic
05-19-2008, 11:32 AM
Oh man, sounds like an impressive event is going down! I hope I'll be able to make EDC...it will be like turning the clock back a little...

Westy
05-19-2008, 12:27 PM
Do all the stages start at 4:00pm or is it staggered? It looks like there aren't enough acts on some of the stages to play for 12 hours. Are they all playing 2 hour sets?

There is room there for additions! (I doubt it though)

leo01g
05-19-2008, 12:36 PM
I think the main stage might start a little later

chairmenmeow47
05-19-2008, 12:41 PM
you know what would be awesome? if the poster (http://www.electricdaisycarnival.com/img/edc2008_online_poster-2-web.jpg) for this was in the first thread :)

thelastgreatman
05-19-2008, 12:43 PM
I think in order to make this rave horseshit interesting enough I might just have to candyflip four hits each and hopefully I'll do a little brain damage.

RabbitinthemoonRabbitinthemoonRabbitinthemoonRabbi tinthemoonRabbitinthemoonRabbitinthemoon

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-19-2008, 12:49 PM
I might go to this..

http://www.electricdaisycarnival.com/co/

Sonicifyouwantit
05-19-2008, 05:43 PM
you know what would be awesome? if the poster (http://www.electricdaisycarnival.com/img/edc2008_online_poster-2-web.jpg) for this was in the first thread :)

hadnt come out yet

chairmenmeow47
05-19-2008, 08:06 PM
hadnt come out yet

sorry, i know, i wasn't hatin! i meant now that it's out, it would be awesome :)

shaggyduck
05-20-2008, 10:20 AM
I just got an email from Boys Noize's management. I get to interview him at EDC!

leo01g
05-20-2008, 11:50 AM
No way? damn thats cool.