PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Festival 2008 (Baltimore)

Pages : [1] 2

betao
03-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Seeing as I live a few hours away, this festival will be on my hit list.

---
Apparently, the Foo Fighters are rumored to be headlining a night.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/postrock/2008/02/official_virgin_festival_predi.html

read one of the blog posts...

Foo Fighters are as good as confirmed headliners.
Elliot on DC101 slipped up and announced that the Foo Fighters are headlining this year's VirginFest after talking to the actress that plays Karen on The Office. They asked her about being in the FF video, then after the interview played "Long Road to Ruin."
When they came back in, Elliot said "Foo Fighters will be your headliner at Virgin Fest this year....I'm not supposed to say that? Ok, well all we know are the dates. But, yeah...Foo Fighters will be your headliner.

Not an official confirmation, but a somewhat believable rumor nonetheless.

So, lets let the speculation start.

Anybody else have some logical predictions?

karecares
03-09-2008, 06:51 PM
article says radiohead is friday and sunday at APW, i thought it was supposed to be fri and sat am i wrong?

suprefan
03-09-2008, 07:19 PM
RH is friday and saturday, article mightve missed that typo. Well if its Foos headlining a day, that sure blows RH out of the water. It can work with the schedule they have though since they arein St Louis on July 20th so far. They just have to hang around for 3 more weeks in the midwest and east coast.

Sushov23
03-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Add Lolla for the Foos, and YUP. GOTTA LOVE LOLLA

betao
03-09-2008, 08:53 PM
RH is friday and saturday, article mightve missed that typo. Well if its Foos headlining a day, that sure blows RH out of the water. It can work with the schedule they have though since they arein St Louis on July 20th so far. They just have to hang around for 3 more weeks in the midwest and east coast.

how does foo fighters headlining a day blow radiohead out of the water?

suprefan
03-09-2008, 09:02 PM
how does foo fighters headlining a day blow radiohead out of the water?

You didnt see the sarcasm did you.

betao
03-09-2008, 09:09 PM
You didnt see the sarcasm did you.

...nope. Maybe i'm having an off night.

JustSteve
03-09-2008, 10:14 PM
if foo's are playing a day i may try and head down there from jersey, i have an uncle who lives in virginia right outside of d.c., so baltimore is def. doable.

it is looking like this trip will be pretty cheap for me. just signed up for a new credit card that gives me 25,000 miles on american, plus i already have close to 40,000. so airfare is free, tickets are free, my portion of the hotel will probably be around $300...not too shabby, especially since we have a kid due in late august, will be nice to not blow a big chunk of my savings on the trip.

betao
03-17-2008, 12:28 PM
*bump*

I just read in this blog (http://blog.washingtonpost.com/postrock/2008/02/post.html) that a radio station confirmed Rage Against the Machine as a lock.

If thats the case, then so far we have (heavily rumored)

Foo Fighters
Rage Against the Machine

faxman75
03-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Dare I say that sounds terrible. Rage is an overhyped machine playing the same setlist they have been rockin' since 1999 and the Foo Fighters are hardly exciting.

sbessiso
03-17-2008, 12:36 PM
Dare I say that sounds terrible. Rage is an overhyped machine playing the same setlist they have been rockin' since 1999 and the Foo Fighters are hardly exciting.

i second this

betao
03-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Well, its not like they played alot of shows between 1999 and 2007. And, i'm sure that a fair amount of fans at their new shows were too young to see them 8 years ago. I have yet to see RATM, and would love to, so if this is the case, its really good news for me.

Foo Fighters are ok, I probably wont watch them unless no one else I want to see is on.

betao
03-21-2008, 08:51 PM
*bump*

Rabbit in the Moon (LIVE) confirmed via myspace

http://www.myspace.com/rabbitinthemoon

so far we have

Confirmed:
- Rabbit in the Moon

Highly Rumored:
- Foo Fighters
- Rage Against the Machine
- Stone Temple Pilots
- Wilco

RITM live is something I am really looking forward to, and was really hoping for at Coachella. Yes!!!!

thelastgreatman
03-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck... are they still going the same weekend as APW? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...

menikmati
03-21-2008, 08:57 PM
whatever happened to RITM being confirmed for Coachella? Fucking bullshit.

betao
03-21-2008, 08:58 PM
yeah, its the same weekend. Aug 9-10. You should do APW day 1 only, then hit up both days of Vfest.

betao
whatever happened to RITM being confirmed for Coachella? Fucking bullshit.

drukqs gillepsie, or whatever that handle is, said he talked to bunny from RITM and bunny said they were playing.

thelastgreatman
Ooo, I know! RITM and STP will just play Sunday. There we go. Problem fucking solved. All the good bands will be on Sunday at Virgin, I'll still get to see my two Radiohead sets in Jerz, and the world will be okay.

betao
03-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Haha, whatever works for you. STP are highly rumored because they were apparently going to play (the now postponed) Vineland Fest. Same with RATM.

thelastgreatman
03-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Well now that RATM isn't the reunion anymore they had better not play fucking Sunday. I WANT MY SIX HOURS OF RADIOHEAD AND I FUCKING HATE RAGE.

betao
03-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Tell you what...lemme say it this way

Confirmed:
- Rabbit in the Moon (via myspace)

Highly Rumored:
- Foo Fighters (local DC radio station said they were set to headline)
- Rage Against the Machine (same as Foo Fighters, supposed to play Vineland)
- Stone Temple Pilots (supposed to play Vineland)
- Wilco (will be on east coast 2 days before festival)

thestripe
03-21-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm going to have to make a decision between APW and V fest. It's going to be my last show before I move back to Cali, so Radiohead in New York is kind hard to turn down. But if Virgin Festival has a comparable line up I'll consider it.

thestripe
03-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Tell you what...lemme say it this way

Confirmed:
- Rabbit in the Moon (via myspace)

Highly Rumored:

Stone Temple Pilots does nothing for me, and they fit the Virgin Festival demographic pretty well.

betao
03-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Stone Temple Pilots does nothing for me, and they fit the Virgin Festival demographic pretty well.

Totally agree. But, despite the lineup, I will probably go no matter what.

Virgin Fest in Baltimore is special to me. Last year I went, and had an amazing time. It was my first actual music festival, and it was quite a weekend for me. I know coachella is just on a higher level, but VFest will always be special to me. Also, its just a couple hours drive. And, as one of the few east coasters on the board, I feel that VFest is "my" festival. So yeah, I will most likely be there this year, no matter what. It would take a really bad lineup to turn me away.

/poetic rant

idrive1life
03-21-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm going to see RITM (and Underworld) next week at Ultra MF in Miami.

Yeah, for us Friday - APW, Saturday - Virgin and Sunday - Virgin.

thestripe
03-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Betao, How was it last year? I almost went but it just never really happened. I kept thinking that I would be disappointed. I have become spoiled by Coachella.

CuervoPH
03-21-2008, 09:19 PM
Been to both previous Vfests in Baltimore and will go again this year. It doesn't compare to Coachella, but it's only an hour drive for me, so works well with my budget. Plus I've gotten to see several artist I wanted to see live both years.

thestripe
03-21-2008, 09:21 PM
It's a fairly short drive for me too. Did you stay in a hotel or what?

betao
03-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Betao, How was it last year? I almost went but it just never really happened. I kept thinking that I would be disappointed. I have become spoiled by Coachella.

I had a kick ass time, but have nothing really to compare it to.

Heres what I can say:

Saturday was more crowded than Sunday, I want to say it was no more than 35,000 people. So that gives you an idea of its attendance.

Also, it was easy to get close to the stage (especially in the dance tent).

There is a 10 PM curfew (noise ordinance is my guess), but it didn't really bother me.

Everything, for the most part, went on schedule. I had no real problems whatsoever. The set times weren't the greatest (conflicts like The Police vs Modest Mouse, Smashing Pumpkins vs 311), but they were ok for me. The people were friendly as well.

I stayed in a hotel, but will be staying with a friend who lives in Baltimore this year. Also, I think the city worked out its transportation well for the festival. My friends and I had no real problems getting too and from the festival.

CuervoPH
03-21-2008, 09:29 PM
I stayed in hotel the past two years, but only cause I had a friend fly up and attend with me. If she doesn't come this year, I'll probably just drive back to PA each night rather than get a hotel.

Oh yeah, and city transportation didn't work so well for us last year. We spent quite a bit of time waiting for a shuttle that never showed. Oh well. The walking probably did us good.

betao
03-21-2008, 09:31 PM
I stayed in hotel the past two years, but only cause I had a friend fly up and attend with me. If she doesn't come this year, I'll probably just drive back to PA each night rather than get a hotel.

Oh yeah, and city transportation didn't work so well for us last year. We spent quite a bit of time waiting for a shuttle that never showed. Oh well. The walking probably did us good.

how long of a drive is it for you? that seems kinda brutal

thestripe
03-21-2008, 09:35 PM

Going both days? There is no way I could do that. If I was going just one day, and the cerfew is 10pm I would drive home.

thelastgreatman
03-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Depending on where in PA it might not be horrible. Some parts would definitely be 2 hours or less going back, I think. Last year me and my homie couldn't sleep for FUCK either night. I walked around the goddamn hotel for hours just to randomly run into other festival people and ask if they had a fucking joint I could buy so we could get to sleep, and nothing. Finally at like 4 am we decided to head to the diner, and just as we're pulling out a couple of black-as-fuck dudes both in big white t's and driving an Acura pulled in. I was like, "Yo, back the fuck up--they're selling." Thank god the east coast. I can smell dope blocks like a bloodhound, we should've just gotten in the car and drove back into B-more.

betao
03-21-2008, 10:41 PM
alright mates, some more updates...

Confirmed:
- Rabbit in the Moon (live) (via myspace)
- Deadmau5 (via myspace)
- Conscious Sound (via myspace)

Highly Rumored:
- Jack Johnson
- Muse

CuervoPH
03-22-2008, 05:32 AM
how long of a drive is it for you? that seems kinda brutal

It's about an hour's drive, so not bad at all. I'll have to see the line-up before I commit to both days though.

AxYoung
03-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Hey guys,

As beato posted, I have four confirmations for Virgin:

* Conscious Alliance
* Deadmau5
* Foo Fighters
* Rabbit in the Moon

http://consequenceofsound.com/summer-festival-outlook/

idrive1life
03-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Where did you get that Muse rumors? If that happens, it is possibly will be their only North American festival appearance this year not unlike their exclusive Europe V Festival appearance on 8/16 and 8/17.

betao
03-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Where did you get that Muse rumors? If that happens, it is possibly will be their only North American festival appearance this year not unlike their exclusive Europe V Festival appearance on 8/16 and 8/17.

http://consequenceofsound.com/2008/03/01/where-are-all-those-virgin-fest-rumors/

so, maybe not strongly rumored, but its something that could be thrown out there.

AxYoung
03-22-2008, 11:21 AM
http://consequenceofsound.com/2008/03/01/where-are-all-those-virgin-fest-rumors/

so, maybe not strongly rumored, but its something that could be thrown out there.

Yeah, I'm basing this off their current commitment with Virgin's other festival and the fact that they are planning a world tour.

betao
03-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I'm basing this off their current commitment with Virgin's other festival and the fact that they are planning a world tour.

Ah, ok.

Also, you should go ahead and add RATM to the rumored section of your site. Apparently, a DC radio station (97.7 I think) said they were playing.

sbessiso
03-22-2008, 11:31 AM
rage AND foo fighters?

yikes

betao
03-25-2008, 07:31 AM
well thats good, seems official to me.

betao
03-25-2008, 07:38 AM
also, i just read this from a blog, regarding the lineup :

"Virgin had hoped to be making an announcement the beginning of this week, but apparently negotiations are still on-going with a couple potential headliner’s. one guess is stp, as they’re still in the process of mapping out their summer tour in it’s entirety, so i can see how booking them would hold thing’s up a bit. the other, i would like to think would be nin. they’re a little tougher than a phone call to book, but since they’ll be @lolla the previous weekend, i don’t see why branson can’t pull off trent playing another gig the following wknd. especially since he so rarely plays east coast usa. none-the-less, as of now, i’m being told they hope to have an announcement sometime next week, which in reality is right on course with last year. just seems like it’s coming late because with a plethora of festivals now, alot of them started booking very early. i’m on the virgin (baltimore) street team so when i find out, i’ll hit you guys with what i know (though you’ll prob know b4 me anyway haha).

my money is on branson making a run at stp & nin or ratm to team with the muse and foo fighters as the “headliners” of the bill…i’d also expect q.o.t.s.a, and possibly chris cornell…and probably jack johnson just by force of nature…"

http://consequenceofsound.com/summer-festival-outlook/#comment-1837

Tylerdurden31
03-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Virgin Festival Toronto (http://www.virginfestival.ca/toronto/)

JSam67
03-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Oasis makes an appearance somewhere. About time.

paulb
03-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Oasis and Foo Fighters, thats pretty strong for a canadian Vfest...I hope Vancouver gets some solid headliners and not Killers, My Chemical Romance type shit.

rage patton
03-25-2008, 08:05 AM
Oasis and Foo Fighters, thats pretty strong for a canadian Vfest...I hope Vancouver gets some solid headliners and not Killers, My Chemical Romance type shit.

Exactly what I was thinking man.

Hmmm... Last year, V-Fest in Vancouver was in May. But this year, the dates aren't even anounced yet, let a lone a line up. I have a feeling the our V-fest won't be until October or something.
It is also weird Toronto got their line up before Calgary. Calgary is in June. I am guessing the Vancouver and Calgary shows get thier line ups anounced in the next week or two. I wouldn't be surprised if The Foo Fighters are at both of those too.

paulb
03-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Foo Fighters here again so soon? Ill take Oasis and The Prodigy as headliners :)

idrive1life
03-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Foo Fighters here again so soon? Ill take Oasis and The Prodigy as headliners :)

Me too.

idrive1life
03-25-2008, 12:41 PM
also, i just read this from a blog, regarding the lineup :

"Virgin had hoped to be making an announcement the beginning of this week, but apparently negotiations are still on-going with a couple potential headliner’s. one guess is stp, as they’re still in the process of mapping out their summer tour in it’s entirety, so i can see how booking them would hold thing’s up a bit. the other, i would like to think would be nin. they’re a little tougher than a phone call to book, but since they’ll be @lolla the previous weekend, i don’t see why branson can’t pull off trent playing another gig the following wknd. especially since he so rarely plays east coast usa. none-the-less, as of now, i’m being told they hope to have an announcement sometime next week, which in reality is right on course with last year. just seems like it’s coming late because with a plethora of festivals now, alot of them started booking very early. i’m on the virgin (baltimore) street team so when i find out, i’ll hit you guys with what i know (though you’ll prob know b4 me anyway haha).

my money is on branson making a run at stp & nin or ratm to team with the muse and foo fighters as the “headliners” of the bill…i’d also expect q.o.t.s.a, and possibly chris cornell…and probably jack johnson just by force of nature…"

http://consequenceofsound.com/summer-festival-outlook/#comment-1837

Come on, get the Oasis and blah blah ...

bballarl
03-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Heeeeeeeeeeey Lylllllllllllllllllllla

rage patton
03-25-2008, 04:27 PM
I bet Vancouver, Calgary and Baltimore all get anounced over the next few weeks.

betao
03-27-2008, 02:14 PM
bump for an update!

Pendulum has been confirmed via myspace - dont know if its a live or DJ.

so, official confirmed acts as of 3/27 are:

Foo Fighters (multiple sources)
Deadmau5 (myspace)
Rabbit in the Moon (live) (myspace)
Pendulum (myspace)

also, check this out... this was posted on a blog, apparently seen on wikipedia as well. If its true, then just..wow.

scroll down towards the bottom of the page

"Virgin Mobile Festival (Baltimore)

* Foo Fighters (reported by Rolling Stone on March 24, 2008)
* Oasis
* Muse
* The Verve
* Bloc Party
* Pendulum (as reported on their Myspace Blog)"

I also read somewhere else that Bloc Party is confirmed. There are also some RATM and STP rumors flying about. If all of the above is true, that is a huge step up from last year.

AxYoung
03-27-2008, 02:21 PM
bump for an update!

Pendulum has been confirmed via myspace - dont know if its a live or DJ.

so, official confirmed acts as of 3/27 are:

Foo Fighters (multiple sources)
Deadmau5 (myspace)
Rabbit in the Moon (live) (myspace)
Pendulum (myspace)

also, check this out... this was posted on a blog, apparently seen on wikipedia as well. If its true, then just..wow.

scroll down towards the bottom of the page

"Virgin Mobile Festival (Baltimore)

* Foo Fighters (reported by Rolling Stone on March 24, 2008)
* Oasis
* Muse
* The Verve
* Bloc Party
* Pendulum (as reported on their Myspace Blog)"

I also read somewhere else that Bloc Party is confirmed. There are also some RATM and STP rumors flying about. If all of the above is true, that is a huge step up from last year.

Hi just for clarification, the only bands we have currently confirmed are Foo Fighters, Pendulum, Deadmau5, and Rabbit in the Moon. The information about Muse, The Verve, etc. was posted by a user as a comment and is from the wikipedia page. It is by no means official and we can't confirm any of it.

Thanks guys.

suprefan
03-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Im going to go with Nine Inch Nails also playing V Fest, they have no dates on that weekend and are in Boston on the 8th. Lets see how it pans out.

Oh and Muse and The Verve are them playing in England, not here, check that line up.

BlackSwan
04-01-2008, 10:22 AM
AHA HA HA HA JACK JOHNSON!!! APRIL FOOLS?!?!?!?

http://www.virginmobilefestival.com/#/home/

...no seriously

Tylerdurden31
04-01-2008, 10:27 AM
AHA HA HA HA JACK JOHNSON!!! APRIL FOOLS?!?!?!?

...no seriously

yeah...that sucks...but i mean...the rest are pretty good.

orbit
04-01-2008, 10:29 AM
i thought jack johnson was only a superfly/goldenvoice thing.

whynotsmile99
04-01-2008, 10:30 AM
how did Jack Johnson get above STP and NIN?

MassiveChemicalPunk
04-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Besides JJ, the other bands are looking pretty good.

Hey, remember, its this VS Radiohead, Underworld and Kings of Leon at Liberty Park.

ThomThom
04-01-2008, 10:33 AM
My work is blocking me from the Virgin website, somebody post the lineup for Christ's sake.

Tylerdurden31
04-01-2008, 10:33 AM
My work is blocking me from the Virgin website, somebody post the lineup for Christ's sake.

for now the headliners are

Foo Fighters
Jack Johnson
Kanye West
Nine Inch Nails
Stone Temple Pilots

Tylerdurden31
04-01-2008, 10:34 AM

Hey, remember, its this VS Radiohead, Underworld and Kings of Leon at Liberty Park.

Take Underworld out of there...I might actually go to APW on friday and hit up Virgin for the rest of the weekend

BlackSwan
04-01-2008, 10:37 AM

he obviously sold his soul

MassiveChemicalPunk
04-01-2008, 10:41 AM
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/9793/vfestks1.jpg

ThomThom
04-01-2008, 10:41 AM
I am now completely convinced that Jack Johnson is Satan.

rage patton
04-01-2008, 10:46 AM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh my god...

How the FUCK does Jack Johnson get billed above Kanye West Nine Inch Nails and STP? Actually... how the fuck does Kanye West get billed above NIN? This is a fucking outrage.

BlackSwan
04-01-2008, 10:47 AM

Yeah and 2 nights of Radiohead alone beats this line up.

thestripe
04-01-2008, 11:03 AM

oh my god...

How the FUCK does Jack Johnson get billed above Kanye West Nine Inch Nails and STP? Actually... how the fuck does Kanye West get billed above NIN? This is a fucking outrage.

It's the same thing with Outside Lands, JJ billed above Wilco and Beck. It just can't be explained.

braundiggity
04-01-2008, 11:08 AM
It's the same thing with Outside Lands, JJ billed above Wilco and Beck. It just can't be explained.

Yeah it can. He sells better. More people would pay more money to go to one of his shows. Thus, headliner over them.

Not saying he's better, but financially speaking, he's certainly a headliner over wilco and beck. Get objective, people. Just 'cause you hate him (and I'm pretty much with you on that) doesn't mean he doesn't deserve his spot. I mean shit, I wouldn't be surprised if he's got the top selling rock album at the end of the year.

Meanwhile, those are some pretty sweet headliners, to me. Foos put on a great show, I count myself a Kanye and STP fan, and though I don't like most NIN, their show is solid. Can't wait to see the rest of the lineup. I wish this festival had started 5 years ago, back when I actually lived in DC.

HunterGather
04-01-2008, 11:13 AM
HMMM....Kanye West?? NIN??
Add M.I.A., and I'm soo there!

But now the hard part...Virgin or Bonaroooooo (my budget only permits me to do one or the other, because Lolla is already for-sure)...

orbit
04-01-2008, 11:15 AM

I think it's in alphabetical order.

BlackSwan
04-01-2008, 11:16 AM
HMMM....Kanye West?? NIN??
Add M.I.A., and I'm soo there!

But now the hard part...Virgin or Bonaroooooo (my budget only permits me to do one or the other, because Lolla is already for-sure)...

Bonnaroo has a better vibe than Virgin.

unitedwestand
04-01-2008, 11:16 AM
thank god Jack isn't headlining Lollapalooza
might be the only safe festival left with a killer line up without em
Perry is a smartie afterall

rage patton
04-01-2008, 11:18 AM
I think it's in alphabetical order.

Actually... it does look that way. Lets hope when they fully anounce it, that Foo Fighters and NIN are the two respective headliners.

HunterGather
04-01-2008, 11:19 AM
Bonnaroo has a better vibe than Virgin.

I'm sure you're right.

But I dunno about the whole kinda-sorta-forced camping thing.
I dont wanna camp at Bonaroo...this ain't the Bonaroo thread, but are there hotels nearby the venue?

And oh yeah, B's got Chris Rock :)

CuervoPH
04-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Well, I'll be there both days. I just hope someone decent plays opposite Jack Johnson. Hell, I'd take Zamfir doing pan flute versions of "Now That's What I Call Music Volume One" over JJ.

rage patton
04-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I predict a NIN or STP vs. Jack Johnson conflict.

That70sdesperado
04-01-2008, 11:44 AM

They're listed in alphabetical order.

MassiveChemicalPunk
04-01-2008, 11:51 AM
My guess is that it will be

Saturday:

Foo Fighters
Kanye West
Satan Himself

Sunday:

NIN
STP

betao
04-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Well, I must say, wow. So the STP rumors were indeed true.

So that makes confirmed bands:

Nine Inch Nails
Foo Fighters
Jack Johnson
Stone Temple Pilots
Kanye West
Pendulum (live)
Rabbit in the Moon (live)
Deadmau5

You guys can bash this all you want and take shots at JJ, but that is pretty damn sick for just a 2 day festival. Also, don't forget, Muse is still heavily rumored.

rage patton
04-01-2008, 12:00 PM
No, you are right. This is an excellent line up for a two day festival. Those are, arguably, 5 healining acts right there.

paulb
04-01-2008, 12:51 PM
pretty decent... at least I dont have to worry that Vfest in Vancouver will be Jack Johnson, being that he is playing Aug 21st here... so.... I bet it will be Linkin Park and STP... a vancouver NIN show would be perfect though.

BlackSwan
04-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Well, I must say, wow. So the STP rumors were indeed true.

So that makes confirmed bands:

Nine Inch Nails
Foo Fighters
Jack Johnson
Stone Temple Pilots
Kanye West
Pendulum (live)
Deadmau5

You guys can bash this all you want and take shots at JJ, but that is pretty damn sick for just a 2 day festival. Also, don't forget, Muse is still heavily rumored.

Radiohead
Underworld
Animal Collective
The New Pornographers
CSS
The Go! Team
Chromeo
and
Metric

beat that imo

shakermaker113
04-01-2008, 01:09 PM
so that's now 5 festivals that jack johnson is billed in the top 3 names. can he make six?

paulb
04-01-2008, 01:17 PM
APW, Coachella, Vfest, Bonnaroo, OLF, Kokua, Rock in Rio Madrid....i can only see it getting worse. Thank god for Sasquatch/Pemberton...and hopefully Lollapalooza

betao
04-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Radiohead
Underworld
Animal Collective
The New Pornographers
CSS
The Go! Team
Chromeo
and
Metric

beat that imo

you listed the best of your festival, whose lineup has already been announced. Lets wait for Virgin Fest to announce the REST of the lineup.

C DUB YA
04-01-2008, 01:49 PM

oh my god...

alphabetical.

The word is the two "true" headliners are NIN and Foos. I think JJ will be billed third (maybe)

Virgin and more so LOLLA - are going to kick it into high gear in 08.

ThomThom
04-01-2008, 02:07 PM
My festival is better than all of yours.

rhcpdude13
04-01-2008, 02:29 PM
MY PANTS FESTIVAL!

rhcpdude13
04-01-2008, 02:29 PM
hahahahahaha
hahahahaha
hahaahah
hahaha
haha
ha

ThomThom
04-01-2008, 02:38 PM
You farted didn't you?

BlackSwan
04-01-2008, 02:46 PM
you listed the best of your festival, whose lineup has already been announced. Lets wait for Virgin Fest to announce the REST of the lineup.

yeah, i guess you are right.... maybe you guys will get CRYSTAL METHOD DJ SET!!!

rage patton
04-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Maybe Radiohead will play V-fest in Vancouver... Vancouver's still doesn't have its dates set. So maybe. Probably not though. Thats just wishful thinking.

ThomThom
04-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Maybe Radiohead will play V-fest in Vancouver... Vancouver's still doesn't have its dates set. So maybe. Probably not though. Thats just wishful thinking.

When is V fest in Vancouver?

BlackSwan
04-01-2008, 03:28 PM
yeah, i guess you are right.... maybe you guys will get CRYSTAL METHOD DJ SET!!!

oh wait... that was last year.

rage patton
04-01-2008, 03:34 PM
When is V fest in Vancouver?

Well last year, it was in May and the lineup was anounced early Febuary. It obviously isn't happening that weekend this year. So I am guessing, for no other real reason, it will be in August.
And if it is on the weekend of 16/17 or 23/24, I see no reason as to why Radiohead couldn't play. That is, depending on which way Radioheads tour schedule goes and... of course... whenever V-fest in Vancouver is.

BlackSwan
04-01-2008, 03:41 PM
this festival is way to corporate... what's next McDonalds Festival?..

"Hey guys, let's go check out Coldplay on the Big Mac Stage! AW, but I want to go see Jack Johnson on the McNuggets Stage!"

betao
04-01-2008, 04:01 PM

The EDM lineup last year was not to shabby at all. Infected Mushroom, Booka Shade, James Zabiela, Danny Tenaglia, Felix da Housecat, Deep Dish, and Dieselboy is very good. The only real EDM name APW has to account for is Underworld, which is indeed sick, but that is just one name. Who knows, Underworld could be playing Virgin Festival as well, seeing as their show at APW is on Friday.

lowfront
V fest in baltimore is such a dump, I will never go to that shit again.

I went last year and although they had a great lineup the vibe is shit, no camping, worst neighborhood, shitty ass crowds.

Infected mushroom last year however made it worth it, that shit was nuts.

betao
this festival is way to corporate... what's next McDonalds Festival?..

"Hey guys, let's go check out Coldplay on the Big Mac Stage! AW, but I want to go see Jack Johnson on the McNuggets Stage!"

you have a serious problem with this festival. what is it?

betao
04-01-2008, 04:03 PM
V fest in baltimore is such a dump, I will never go to that shit again.

I went last year and although they had a great lineup the vibe is shit, no camping, worst neighborhood, shitty ass crowds.

Infected mushroom last year however made it worth it, that shit was nuts.

I had an awesome last year. I can't argue the vibe part, because V Fest is the only festival i've been too as of now. The no camping part was fine with me. The neighborhood wasn't great, but its not like the festival takes place in the streets, and my hotel was on the other side of town. And the crowds that I saw were, for the most part, awesome. Plus, very easy to get to the front.

BlackSwan
04-01-2008, 04:14 PM
you have a serious problem with this festival. what is it?

I had an awesome last year. I can't argue the vibe part, because V Fest is the only festival i've been too as of now. The no camping part was fine with me. The neighborhood wasn't great, but its not like the festival takes place in the streets, and my hotel was on the other side of town. And the crowds that I saw were, for the most part, awesome. Plus, very easy to get to the front.

go to Bonnaroo or Coachella and you will totally get it.

suprefan
04-01-2008, 04:18 PM
And if it is on the weekend of 16/17 or 23/24, I see no reason as to why Radiohead couldn't play. That is, depending on which way Radioheads tour schedule goes and... of course... whenever V-fest in Vancouver is.

The only way they play V fest is if they played on a sunday and it was August 17th, cause they play Toronto August 15th, so they gotta do some driving in 2 days. And how do they play following Outsie Lands if they are coming south? Dont forget San Diego is august 27th.

rage patton
04-01-2008, 04:22 PM
The only way they play V fest is if they played on a sunday and it was August 17th, cause they play Toronto August 15th, so they gotta do some driving in 2 days. And how do they play following Outsie Lands if they are coming south? Dont forget San Diego is august 27th.

Well how would I know San Diego is August 27th? I don't know the dates for this tour. Unlike some people here...

suprefan
04-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Well how would I know San Diego is August 27th? I don't know the dates for this tour. Unlike some people here...

Keep track in the tour thread better, then you figure s**t out.

Sushov23
04-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Rage +1 Supre 0

betao
04-01-2008, 04:42 PM
go to Bonnaroo or Coachella and you will totally get it.

I know I probably will, but it won't make me hate on Virgin Festival at all. V-Fest is special to me because its so close to where I live, I dont have to fly 3000 miles for it.

BlackSwan
04-01-2008, 04:50 PM
I know I probably will, but it won't make me hate on Virgin Festival at all. V-Fest is special to me because its so close to where I live, I dont have to fly 3000 miles for it.

that's all that matters then. hell, I would go if it was near me.

betao
04-01-2008, 04:57 PM
where do you live, BlackSwan? i'm in Richmond, and V-Fest is a small 3 hour drive for me. I can actually convince my friends to go because its more affordable for everyone. It'll be about 5 of us going this year, maybe more.

ThomThom
04-01-2008, 04:58 PM
We should all boycott music festivals next year.

rage patton
04-01-2008, 05:02 PM
We should all boycott music festivals next year.

Hahaha. Even Coachella?

ThomThom
04-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Hahaha. Even Coachella?

Yes, unless they get The Talking Heads.

BlackSwan
04-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Hahaha. Even Coachella?

Yes, unless they get The Talking Heads.

They better get The Talking Heads then.

ThomThom
04-01-2008, 05:16 PM
I wonder how many of these new music festivals will survive their inaugural year.

betao
04-01-2008, 05:19 PM
This will be V-fest's 3rd year, I think its doing fine.

I'm dying to see how APW plays out though. I think OLF will do fine in San Francisco, but APW is going to be the one to watch.

rage patton
04-01-2008, 05:20 PM
I wonder how many of these new music festivals will survive their inaugural year.

It will most certainly be interesting to see if APW, OLF and Pemberton each have a second year. I really hope Pemberton does well...

BlackSwan
04-01-2008, 05:23 PM
I think OLF def will.

ThomThom
04-01-2008, 05:23 PM
It will most certainly be interesting to see if APW, OLF and Pemberton each have a second year. I really hope Pemberton does well...

I hope Pemberton fails, it gives me the hebejebes.

rage patton
04-01-2008, 05:32 PM
I hope Pemberton fails, it gives me the hebejebes.

I am pretty sure you are the only one who thinks so. No one else is getting these "creepy" vibes you are. Why do you think its so creepy? You never really explained.

suprefan
04-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Rage +1 Supre 0

So he is winning how? I gave you your precious San Diego date, what else do you want.

betao
04-01-2008, 07:44 PM
So he is winning how? I gave you your precious San Diego date, what else do you want.

Get off your high and mighty throne supre. You should have either given us all of the dates, or nothing.

AAM!!!
04-01-2008, 08:30 PM
morrissey is playing the vancouver v fest

rage patton
04-01-2008, 08:32 PM
morrissey is playing the vancouver v fest

What the... headlining? And how do you know this? Do you know anyone else that is playing?

AAM!!!
04-01-2008, 10:32 PM
oh actually morrissey isnt he was asked to play but he won't go to canada woops
and it was on morrissey-solo

rage patton
04-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Im pretty sure Morrissey has played in Toronto recently. Maybe he just has something against Vancouver.

bullokz
04-01-2008, 10:36 PM
OLF defnitely will FAIL

AAM!!!
04-01-2008, 10:37 PM
It's something about seal killing in canada and he won't play untill it stops

rage patton
04-01-2008, 10:41 PM

Ahahahahhhahaa. Thats the greatest thing I have ever heard.

msklvr
04-01-2008, 10:46 PM

I thought you were talking about THIS Seal.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/TheSILENCELV/220px-People3_SvG.jpg

Yeah, that Seal show in Canada KILLED! And Morrisey won't come here until Seal stops playing so well.

goodgrl
04-02-2008, 12:05 PM
okay people! jack johnson has claimed another festival!
but STP!!!
yea!

betao
04-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Hell yes!!

Gogol Bordello has been confirmed via Myspace.

playing on Saturday.

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

betao
04-02-2008, 03:29 PM
btw that makes the following confirmed acts:

Foo Fighters
Nine Inch Nails
Stone Temple Pilots
Jack Johnson
Kanye West
Gogol Bordello
Pendulum (live)
Deadmau5

paulb
04-02-2008, 03:32 PM
excellent! Thats gotta mean Gogol will be at Lollapalooza...

suprefan
04-02-2008, 08:21 PM
so they are on ACL huh. Nice............

ThomThom
04-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Jesus, they are worse than Jack Johnson.

rage patton
04-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Those motherfuckers must hate Vancouver...

Or maybe they will play V-fest Vancouver. I would be happy about that.

suprefan
04-02-2008, 09:46 PM
With RH right? At that big place named after a phenomenon in the sky that something living flys in?

rage patton
04-02-2008, 10:15 PM
If V-fest in Vancouver (yes, at Thunderbird Stadium) has Radiohead and Gogol Bordello... I would pretty much be in heaven. That would be too amazing.

paulb
04-03-2008, 02:39 AM
10 bucks on Gogol at Vancouver Vfest....it has to happen.

superdeluxe
04-03-2008, 07:35 AM
btw that makes the following confirmed acts:

Pendulum (live)

WOO

superdeluxe
04-03-2008, 07:37 AM
If V-fest in Vancouver (yes, at Thunderbird Stadium) has Radiohead and Gogol Bordello... I would pretty much be in heaven. That would be too amazing.

Hey is the Rock Shop on Granville still open?

paulb
04-03-2008, 01:47 PM

it is...

C DUB YA
04-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Gogol at every festival except APW.

ThomThom
04-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Yes CDUB, we know, APW sucks blah blah blah...

SacredxSuperman
04-06-2008, 07:29 PM
So quick question, when do tickets go on sale, and why are the rumors for Virgin so quiet, when should a line-up be announced already.

rage patton
04-06-2008, 08:00 PM

The Rock Shop is one of my favourite places in Vancouver. I haven't bought much stuff there, but it's cool to look around. They have t-shirts, hoodies, posters and artwork for pretty much every band you can think of. They are the only place I have ever found that carries Faith No More t-shirts. Great store.

Gogol at every festival except APW.

I hope they are at V-Fest Vancouver too. Actually, I would rather have a solo gig in Vancouver. But since they seem to only want to play festivals this year, I really hope they are there.

idrive1life
04-07-2008, 09:07 PM
We are no longer going to this.

betao
04-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Damn man, this bump really excited me. I really wish Branson would step up and announce the rest of the lineup. Time is ticking man!

But NIN, Gogol, Pendulum, and RITM is already enough for me. I'm sold.

idrive1life
04-07-2008, 09:10 PM
I'll be seeing / I've seen all of those (@ Lolla' 08, Coachella '07, Coachella '08 and UMF '08).

rage patton
04-07-2008, 09:12 PM
The Toronto and Baltimore V-Fest's look like they are going to be great. I am really hoping Vancouver pulls through this year. Unlike last year...

idrive1life
04-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Damn man, this bump really excited me. I really wish Branson would step up and announce the rest of the lineup. Time is ticking man!

But NIN, Gogol, Pendulum, and RITM is already enough for me. I'm sold.

Yeah, I hope you will have a great time, betao! I would be kicking myself if they get Elbow, Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand, Massive Attack, Mogwai and The Delays.

betao
04-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Yeah man I feel for you. Last year, the canadian V-fests didnt even compare to Baltimore. I'm sure they'll get better this year though.

idrive1life
04-07-2008, 09:16 PM
I might go to Toronto V-Fest. Is that the one with Oasis and Sterophonics and The Charlatans UK? <- Awesome!

betao
04-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I hope you will have a great time, betao! I would be kicking myself if they get Elbow, Kasabian, Franz Ferdinand, Massive Attack, Mogwai and The Delays.

you'd be kicking yourself while i'd be shitting myself utter joy and excitement.

If either Massive Attack or Mogwai play V-fest, this festival will be complete. But I dont see Massive Attack doing it because there are already 5 acts that each could serve as a headliner, and for 2 days, thats almost overwhelming. If they had a 6th, who knows what they'd do.

i'm sure you'll have fun at Lolla. If I had the money, i'd make the trip just for the headliners alone.

idrive1life
04-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Just checked Toronto V-Fest ... Oasis, Paul Weller, Sterophonics, The Weakerthans and Pigeon Detectives on 9/7.

rage patton
04-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Baltimore won't get Franz Ferdinand or Massive Attack. Betao is dead right. There are 5 potential headlining acts over 2 days. It is already top heavy, so they need to have a strong bottom and mid-tier. Gogol, Pendulum and RITM are already a great start.

idrive1life
04-07-2008, 09:22 PM
you'd be kicking yourself while i'd be shitting myself utter joy and excitement.

If either Massive Attack or Mogwai play V-fest, this festival will be complete. But I dont see Massive Attack doing it because there are already 5 acts that each could serve as a headliner, and for 2 days, thats almost overwhelming. If they had a 6th, who knows what they'd do.

i'm sure you'll have fun at Lolla. If I had the money, i'd make the trip just for the headliners alone.

Yeah, its more like wish list for me of them to play in any festival.

I'll go all out (with money spending) in Coachella and Lollapalooza + very possible European trip on ?

I wish I could also go to Sasquatch (3rd best US festival, IMO) and OLF (because of Beck) but I can't afford it (and just like APW, I'm kinda underwhelmed by OLF).

*I will also be canceling the hotel reservations I made in San Francisco. I want to see Radiohead in Hollywood Bowl though. Arrrrgh!*

idrive1life
04-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Its very easy(?)/likely for Branson to get some awesome European acts (for his V-Fests).

rage patton
04-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Well in that case, I hope the Prodigy play Vancouver. :) Not likely though...

betao
04-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I'll go all out (with money spending) in Coachella and Lollapalooza + very possible European trip on ?

I wish I could also go to Sasquatch (3rd best US festival, IMO) and OLF (because of Beck) but I can't afford it. I will be canceling the hotel reservations I made in San Francisco. I want to see Radiohead in Hollywood Bowl though. arrrrgh

I would love to take a trip out to Europe one of these summers, but i wont be able to afford it for a while. I'd love to hit T in the Park this year. Everytime I see the lineup a shiver goes down my spine.

idrive1life
04-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Out of thread topic - but speaking of trips, I remember you going to Brazil few months ago (how was it? best place to go or avoid in Brazil?). I've been thinking of attending my first Brazilian Grand Prix on November. But I really want to experience/see Carnival before I die so maybe do it next year instead ? (February). I just found out that Brazil requires visa for American tourists.

idrive1life
04-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Fuck yes to T in The Park lineup. I want to go to V-Festival in UK but its going to be really expensive for a trip/vacation to Europe/UK in August.

betao
04-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Brazil was amazing/beautiful. I went with my capoeira group, and we stayed in a neighborhood right outside of the city of Sao Paulo for about a week and a half, and then went to Ubatuba (beach about 2 hours away). It was like 10 of us in a house that had 2, maybe 3 bedrooms, so it was quite a stay. If you do go, be ready for the greatest rice/beans ever, and some good beer. It was my first time, so I cant really offer much advice as to where you should go/shouldnt go. Alot of people say "dont go to Rio de Janeiro because its full of crime", but thats only a reality if you dont carry yourself the right way and make reckless decisions. And if you do go to Brazil, go in either January or February, because its summertime and Carnival - and Carnival is a fucking party. We went to a rehearsal for one of the "events", and had an absolute blast.

And yeah - you do need a visa to go to Brazil. It takes a while to process to, so don't push it off (my group did and we had to hurry up at the last minute and submit them. it was scary realizing that literally 2 weeks before you go on a trip that you've been paying for for the past 6 months you might not be able to go).

If you do go to Brazil, just dont be a tourist. Dont visit Brazil - actually "live" in Brazil. Its what my group and I did, and it was an amazing experience.

idrive1life
04-07-2008, 09:52 PM
I'll start eating ramen everyday now for a February trip to Brazil. lol

Thanks for those great tips and advice. I'll submit my application for visa early. Yeah, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paolo are on my list to go in Brazil no matter what. But first, hopefullly, my plans of going to Ibiza, Madrid and Barcelona in Spain will happen this year. ;).

rage patton
04-07-2008, 09:54 PM
So, apparently the Calgary V-fest anouncement is coming tomorrow morning.

Rumours are STP and The Tragically Hip are headlining.

SacredxSuperman
04-07-2008, 10:01 PM
So, apparently the Calgary V-fest anouncement is coming tomorrow morning.

Rumours are STP and The Tragically Hip are headlining.

Ah Baltimore needs some more annoucements though, and fast because if this line-up isn't better than Lollapalooza, I'm going to that. But so far I've already seen Rage, have 3 nights in a row to see Raconteurs at NY, hoping Black Keys come to Virgin, and Radiohead I'll travel to see somewhere.

But I just need some more acts confirmed to make up my mind fast.

betao
04-07-2008, 10:20 PM
I'll start eating ramen everyday now for a February trip to Brazil. lol

Thanks for those great tips and advice. I'll submit my application for visa early. Yeah, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paolo are on my list to go in Brazil no matter what. But first, hopefullly, my plans of going to Ibiza, Madrid and Barcelona in Spain will happen this year. ;).

Ah anytime man. Just book early and keep an eye open for cheap flights. Anything less than 1000 roundtrip can be considered a good deal. I'll be going back to Brazil next December/January. And if you do go to Rio, then don't walk the streets at night alone.

That sounds like quite a trip in Spain, very nice man. I've never been - Ive only been to England, France, and Switzerland, but would love to see some of Spain, Italy, Ireland, and more of Europe.

betao
04-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Ah Baltimore needs some more annoucements though, and fast because if this line-up isn't better than Lollapalooza, I'm going to that. But so far I've already seen Rage, have 3 nights in a row to see Raconteurs at NY, hoping Black Keys come to Virgin, and Radiohead I'll travel to see somewhere.

But I just need some more acts confirmed to make up my mind fast.

This is a good point. Right now, Lolla is taking all the spotlight for its impressive lineup. Maybe Branson is waiting for Lolla's hype to die down so he can make an announcement and not have to worry about the extra competition.

Then again, he should also announce it now with the hopes of swaying customers that are on the border between Lolla and Virgin. If he does wait longer, those customers may not risk the wait and go ahead and plan for Lolla.

paulb
04-07-2008, 11:44 PM
from http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=974586

Big round of applause for The Spades, a Peterborough band that will be touring with the new Matthew Good Band. A great opportunity to play before people across Canada including Massey Hall and of course, Peterborough's Showplace. Last week the band was also added to the Virgin Music Festival in Calgary this year. Great stuff for a super talent.

rage patton
04-07-2008, 11:47 PM
I wish the old Matthew Good Band would get back together.

seachanges
04-08-2008, 12:51 AM
Vancouver virgin festival is on July 21st and 22nd.

http://x929.ca/terms.php?c=250

rage patton
04-08-2008, 12:54 AM

Oh shit! Thanks man! I have been looking for this.

seachanges
04-08-2008, 12:55 AM
I know, I posted it just for you

hahaha

rage patton
04-08-2008, 01:01 AM
Would Rage be too big for Vancouver? Probably? Yeah. That's what I was thinking too...

seachanges
04-08-2008, 01:01 AM
3 days before Pemberton, it's going to be hard for me book that time off work.

rage patton
04-08-2008, 01:02 AM

Oh, and its the 20 + 21 by the way...

Tickets to the 2008 Virgin Festival in Vancouver – July 20 & 21, 2008

Wait... is the 21st a holiday in BC?

EDIT: It's not. What the hell? Why have it Sun/Mon, when there is no reason they can't have it Sat/Sun? Thats rediculous.

seachanges
04-08-2008, 01:08 AM
so sunday/monday then, ok that makes it a little easier for me.

No it's not a holiday as far as I know. The closest one is BC day, which is Aug 4

paulb
04-08-2008, 01:10 AM
fuckin awesome find man! I saw you at Justice and was gonna say hey after the show...but didnt find ya...

I hope Vfest aint a total letdown... the other Vfests, Australia, Smashing Pumpkins, England, Verve, Prodigy, Balt, NIN have all had some promising acts...I hope our fest isnt the laughing stock of town this year...

seachanges
04-08-2008, 01:19 AM
fuckin awesome find man! I saw you at Justice and was gonna say hey after the show...but didnt find ya...

Probably a good thing, I was blackout drunk by the end of it. Maybe I'll see ya at the Raconteurs or Simian.

paulb
04-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Probably a good thing, I was blackout drunk by the end of it. Maybe I'll see ya at the Raconteurs or Simian.

Probably, knowing those tiny venues...

SacredxSuperman
04-09-2008, 02:08 PM
So still nothing from this festival since the headliners, not even any rumors other than Muse, who I doubt since the announcement of the headliners, since Muse would have to headline.

Anyone think Kings of Leon would make the trip over to play on Sunday, since they play All Points West Sat. I hope so atleast, I've wanted to see them for a while now. Also hoping for either Raconteurs or Black Keys.

Think they're keeping everything hush hush because of something big? Or do they just have nothing to announce, so no new rumors or anything yet. ahhh

betao
04-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Well, I'm thinking next week. Coachella is getting all the thunder right now with their recent announcement of Prince. I doubt V-fest's lineup could top that much excitement. So I think they'll wait for the hype to die down a bit, so then they'll get more attention.

So far, Pendulum (live), Rabbit in the Moon (live), and Deadmau5 have all been confirmed for the festival.

betao
04-15-2008, 10:35 AM
bump

Rodrigo Y Gabriela added, according to Spin Magazine.

So that makes confirmed acts:

Foo Fighers
Nine Inch Nails
Stone Temple Pilots
Kanye West
Jack Johnson
Pendulum (live)
Gogol Bordello
Deadmau5
Rodrigo Y Gabriela

come on richard, announce the rest of this thing.

SacredxSuperman
04-15-2008, 03:04 PM
bump

Rodrigo Y Gabriela added, according to Spin Magazine.

So that makes confirmed acts:

Foo Fighers
Nine Inch Nails
Stone Temple Pilots
Kanye West
Jack Johnson
Pendulum (live)
Gogol Bordello
Deadmau5
Rodrigo Y Gabriela

come on richard, announce the rest of this thing.

agreed ... I'm very close to simply buying tickets for Lolla and going there instead even though transportation and everything will cost more, I need an announcement on this already.

BlackSwan
04-15-2008, 03:12 PM
agreed ... I'm very close to simply buying tickets for Lolla and going there instead even though transportation and everything will cost more, I need an announcement on this already.

lolla is going to be better than this regardless of who else they announce

SacredxSuperman
04-15-2008, 05:44 PM

I suppose, but I saw Rage last year at Rock The Bells, can see NIN at Virgin, haven't ever seen Foo yet and I'm a fan and missed their concert this winter because of a snow storm ... annd I can get a one day pass to All Points West to see Radiohead w. Underworld and such the day before Virgin if needed.

Not saying Lolla still isn't impressive, just sayin I have many other chances to see a lot of those bands. Raconteurs are going to be here in NY 3 nights in a row anyway.

betao
04-15-2008, 08:55 PM

depends on what you're into. I'm into EDM - lolla seems to lack that, so not much appeal for me (although it has my dream headliners).

SacredxSuperman
04-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Well I just found this, a festival in Japan on the same dates as Virgin Fest ... so you can pretty much cancel all these bands out.

www.summersonic.com

woulda been nice to see MGMT, Fat Boy Slim, 311, and a few more on that list.

SacredxSuperman
04-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Might also have to rule out The Mars Volta they are at Paredes de Coura, PT
Paredes de Coura Festival on 8/8 ... but then they are off from then until Austin City Limits so who knows if they decide to show up for 8/10 .. doubt it though, shame I wouldn't have minded Mars Volta.

SacredxSuperman
04-17-2008, 08:12 PM
Wilco has released their tour dates with 8/9 left open, and no Maryland shows, so there MIGHT be a possiblity that Wilco will be at Virgin Mobile Festival 8/9 with the open date randomly there.

Also supposedly lineup will be announced some time next week ... or so I heard, not sure if that is true though. I'm still hoping for Muse, if they get Muse I'm picking this over Lolla for the simple fact I want to see Muse.

CuervoPH
04-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Wilco would be a nice add. I've been holding out for Muse ever since they were first "strongly rumored", but throw in Wilco on top of that and I'd be quite happy.

betao
04-17-2008, 09:30 PM
I've heard the Wilco rumors as well. And if those tourdates are like you say, then that's almost pretty much confirmed. And I really want them to go ahead and announce this damn thing.

betao
04-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Cat Power confirmed

http://www.matadorrecs.com/tours/index.html

so that makes...

Foo Fighers
Nine Inch Nails
Stone Temple Pilots
Kanye West
Jack Johnson
Pendulum (live)
Gogol Bordello
Deadmau5
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Cat Power

with Wilco a very strong possibility.

and supposedly, the lineup will be announced next week.

rage patton
04-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Damn, that is turning out to be a pretty strong line up.

Tylerdurden31
04-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Damn, that is turning out to be a pretty strong line up.

yeah...i'm more and more thinking about going to this after day 1 of APW

betao
04-18-2008, 10:45 AM
yeah...i'm more and more thinking about going to this after day 1 of APW

seriously. My original plan was to drive up to NYC for day 1 of APW, then as soon as its over, drive down to Baltimore for both days of V-fest. But that'd be too much on me.

SacredxSuperman
04-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Cat Power is a nice add, I'm starting to get excited for this line-up to be announced already. I'm seeing A LOT of APW bands are playing both festivals, which is a hit to APW personally so far.

If the Wilco and Muse rumors are correct as well, well then I know where I'm going in August.

betao
04-19-2008, 11:47 AM
supposedly the rest of thing is going to be announced April 28. This came from a reliable source on the 9:30 Club (music venue in DC) forum.

Richard you suck at keeping up with other festivals haha.

CuervoPH
04-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm hoping you mean April 28. Would kinda suck for them to announce it after the festival is over.

betao
04-19-2008, 01:02 PM
haha shit yeah april 28. My fault.

it would indeed suck to have the lineup announced then.

SacredxSuperman
04-19-2008, 03:20 PM
finally a annoucement date, even though its 9 days away, hopefully this means some more leaks through out the week though.

SacredxSuperman
04-19-2008, 10:23 PM
After checking Black Keys tour dates, they may be a possibility for Aug 10. Aug 7 they are in Brooklyn and Aug 9 is their last show until ACL, and the Aug 9 show is in Norfolk, VA, a 4 hour ride to Baltimore, I just hope it happens. WOuld love to see them live.

betao
04-19-2008, 10:34 PM
I havent seen the tourdates of the Black Keys yet, but if, on top of all of that, they do not have a scheduled baltimore or DC show, then they're pretty much confirmed.

suprefan
04-19-2008, 10:43 PM
After checking Black Keys tour dates, they may be a possibility for Aug 10. Aug 7 they are in Brooklyn and Aug 9 is their last show until ACL, and the Aug 9 show is in Norfolk, VA, a 4 hour ride to Baltimore, I just hope it happens. WOuld love to see them live.

They will have west coast dates, they are in San Diego the weekend of Outside Lands.

rage patton
04-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Anouncing the line up on a Saturday?

betao
04-19-2008, 10:50 PM
nah Josh. Monday, April 28. Right after Coachella. Someone from a reliable source said that.

rage patton
04-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Duh. I am an idiot. I was thinking of last years Coachella dates haha.

betao
04-19-2008, 11:02 PM
haha nice. BTW - do you have the song "first warning" by prodigy? Not the live version I sent you, but the studio version? let me know if you don't, you'll like it.

Sushov23
04-19-2008, 11:09 PM
i can't wait for THE BLACK KEYS for FREE here in SD.

rage patton
04-19-2008, 11:09 PM
haha nice. BTW - do you have the song "first warning" by prodigy? Not the live version I sent you, but the studio version? let me know if you don't, you'll like it.

No I dont. Definately send it on my way. Oh, and check your facebook.

SacredxSuperman
04-19-2008, 11:55 PM
They will have west coast dates, they are in San Diego the weekend of Outside Lands.

yeah but that is all around the end of August, nothing on the 10th, but they do have DC dates, two of them actually May 12 and 13 at the 9:30 Club so who knows what'll happen, but I can always hope

SacredxSuperman
04-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Wilco has supposedly been confirmed in Spin Magazine. So now supposedly it is

Foo Fighers
Nine Inch Nails
Stone Temple Pilots
Kanye West
Jack Johnson
Pendulum (live)
Gogol Bordello
Deadmau5
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Cat Power
Wilco

6 more days for official line-up and if Muse is added, this should be awesome for a 2 day festival

betao
04-22-2008, 01:53 PM
very nice, good find sacred.

I was hoping Virgin would announce the lineup before coachella. If the fests had similar acts, it may make conflicts a bit easier.

SacredxSuperman
04-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Anyone think there is a possibility of Kings of Leon being tagged on as well, seeing they are playing V Fest in Europe along with Muse in August, one can hope atleast, at this point thats the one act (other than Radiohead) that I hope is carried over from All Points West as well.

Also is there a forum at all just for the Virgin Festival, this is the only place I know that speaks of it actively, don't see a forum for it or anything.

AxYoung
04-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Check out the 9:30 Club boards and former HFStival boards. They have active threads dedicated to Virgin...

or CoS. :)

SacredxSuperman
04-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Check out the 9:30 Club boards and former HFStival boards. They have active threads dedicated to Virgin...

or CoS. :)

Alright thanks a lot =D ... and now I just saw some random rumor Weezer might play Sunday, but if they got Muse I can't see them getting another big act like that ... unless they got Weezer instead of Muse.

Boris23
04-23-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm new here, but im looking foward to see the virgin fest line up,since im planning to go this year. apperently chuck berry has been added.

* Foo Fighters
* Nine Inch Nails
* Stone Temple Pilots
* Kanye West
* Jack Johnson
* Rodrigo y Gabriella (reported by Spin)
* Chuck Berry (reported on his website)
* Wilco [2]
* Cat Power (reported on her website)
* Gogol Bordello (reported on their MySpace)
* Rabbit in the Moon (reported on their MySpace)
* Deadmau5 (reported on his MySpace)
* Pendulum (reported on their MySpace)

SacredxSuperman
04-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Chuck Berry has been confirmed for Virgin Fest =O awesome.

Foo Fighers
Nine Inch Nails
Stone Temple Pilots
Kanye West
Jack Johnson
Pendulum (live)
Gogol Bordello
Deadmau5
Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Cat Power
Wilco
Chuck Berry

edit- looks like i was beat to it haha

Sushov23
04-23-2008, 04:52 PM
CAT POWER PLAYED A HORRIBLE SET HERE IN SD. Many of my friends told me it sucked.

paulb
04-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Chuck Berry is a very interesting add.... comon Vancouver lineup!

Sushov23
04-23-2008, 04:56 PM
I would love to see CHUCK BERRY. This lineup is looking awesome, add muse, and I might think about this.

SacredxSuperman
04-23-2008, 04:59 PM
I would love to see CHUCK BERRY. This lineup is looking awesome, add muse, and I might think about this.

I know what you mean, Chuck Berry's addition came out of nowhere. If Muse OR Weezer is added this little 2 day festival is going to be awesome.

With the recent additions alone I've decided to pick this over Lolla while saving myself money, even if people believe Lolla is better.

Sushov23
04-23-2008, 05:00 PM
I still like lolla better, but this fest is setting itself up to be awesome.

paulb
04-23-2008, 05:02 PM
I still like lolla better, but this fest is setting itself up to be awesome.

every festival this year with Jack Johnson is already guaranteed an awesome lineup!

http://starbulletin.com/2006/05/18/features/art2b.jpg

SacredxSuperman
04-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah I decided on this only because its alot closer to me, which saves me money. I don't exactly have enough money to fly to Chicago and such, while Baltimore is only a 3 hour ride away.

Boris23
04-23-2008, 07:20 PM
I was planning on going to Lolla, but the line up is not my cup of tea, since im flying from Puerto Rico i have to go to a fest that is more appealing to me, and the virgin fest so far has some great names and i think they will have a solid line up and not just only solid headliners. im definetly going and a friend of mine lives in Baltimore so im staying with him, so i guess it will cheaper.

I dont mind jack johnson, i just mind his spot as a headliners, they can put way better bands than this mofo.

betao
04-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Chuck Berry? haha, man that's an interesting name to add. One less conflict for me.

SacredxSuperman
04-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Chuck Berry? haha, man that's an interesting name to add. One less conflict for me.

nothing wrong with a little Chuck Berry, I respect a guy who can still rock in his 80's haha. Besides Johnny B. Goode is always fun to hear.

With names being announced a little more frequently maybe we'll get a nice big leak of a few more bands before the official announcement on monday, which I'm hoping opens my eyes to Weezer or Muse. Also any idea when tickets are suppose to even go on sale for this thing.

betao
04-24-2008, 08:00 PM
Oh shit - I read it as Buck Cherry.

The Chuck Berry? Damn. Never mind then, I may have to check that out!

SacredxSuperman
04-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Some of my coming predictions for this thing is

Bloc Party, theyre in Philly Aug 5th, and play V Fest in Toronto so why not here too.
Kings of Leon- Sure theyre at APW, but they can just take the short trip here for Sunday, also play a V Fest, in Europe though
N.E.R.D- touring with Kanye, on the Virgin label
Muse- this rumor is one I've heard since I began paying attention, this is actually more of a wish than a prediction lol

and yeah too lazy to think of anymore, and if theres anything to it someone at the 9:30 forums says a band called Flobots was one of the newer adds, so I checked them out and they aren't too bad if you're into their music, I enjoyed it.

betao
04-24-2008, 08:22 PM
i'm praying for Underworld. Underworld would make me go crazy.

golliwogg
04-25-2008, 06:32 PM
From Pollstar:

Sat 08/09/08 "Virgin Mobile Festival"
Sat 08/09/08 Bloc Party
Sat 08/09/08 Cat Power
Sat 08/09/08 Chuck Berry
Sat 08/09/08 Citizen Cope
Sat 08/09/08 DJ Dan
Sat 08/09/08 Donald Glaude
Sat 08/09/08 Duffy
Sat 08/09/08 Erol Alkan
Sat 08/09/08 Ferry Corsten
Sat 08/09/08 Foo Fighters
Sat 08/09/08 Gogol Bordello
Sat 08/09/08 Jack Johnson
Sat 08/09/08 KT Tunstall
Sat 08/09/08 Lupe Fiasco
Sat 08/09/08 Paramore
Sat 08/09/08 Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Sat 08/09/08 Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
Sat 08/09/08 Soulwax
Sat 08/09/08 Steve Lawler
Sat 08/09/08 The Offspring
Sat 08/09/08 The Swell Season
Sat 08/09/08 Underworld
Sat 08/09/08 Wilco

Sun 08/10/08 "Virgin Mobile Festival"
Sun 08/10/08 Armin Van Buuren
Sun 08/10/08 Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (B.R.M.C.)
Sun 08/10/08 Chromeo
Sun 08/10/08 Deadmau5
Sun 08/10/08 Iggy Pop
Sun 08/10/08 Lil' Wayne
Sun 08/10/08 Moby
Sun 08/10/08 Nine Inch Nails
Sun 08/10/08 Pendulum
Sun 08/10/08 Richie Hawtin
Sun 08/10/08 Stone Temple Pilots
Sun 08/10/08 Taking Back Sunday
Sun 08/10/08 The Black Keys

SacredxSuperman
04-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Wow ... very very interesting

Iggy Pop- hell yeah
Bloc Party- nice
Offspring- wouldn't mind checking them out atleast
Paramore- umm my g.f likes them? otherwise meh hot singer
Underworld- awesome
Lil Wayne- interesting
Lupe- I like him
Black Keys- if you've been following my posts, I'm real happy bout this.
Moby- huh ...

the others I don't really know, anyone have any suggestions of who I should check out?

Also I don't think this is the full announcement, Kanye isn't even on there. This is probably just what people found out after today. Deep down inside of me I'm still hoping for one more big add. coughmusecough

SacredxSuperman
04-25-2008, 08:24 PM
wait why did Wikipedia just take that lineup down ... it was updated two seconds ago. Ummm can I see a link to this lineup

i'm actually gonna go ahead and say that is fake

betao
04-26-2008, 01:39 AM
fuck me. I hope that is real.

that is an AWESOME lineup if its real.

UNDERWORLD FUCK YES

and Moby? damn.

golliwogg
04-26-2008, 10:03 AM
it's real, it got taken off of pollstar shortly after it was put on. stp and jack johnson who were on there before were also taken off.

CuervoPH
04-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah. Same thing has been posted at Consequence of Sound. Doesn't tell you any more than is already posted above, though.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2008/04/26/pollstar-reveals-partial-virgin-fest-lineup/

SacredxSuperman
04-27-2008, 08:32 PM
Ah I hope this thing gets announced at midnight like all the others have been getting announced. I just wanna know the damn official line-up already.

CuervoPH
04-27-2008, 09:10 PM
That would be nice. So far nothing on the official website though.

SacredxSuperman
04-27-2008, 09:23 PM

Bob Dylan? AWESOME Now lets see on Saturday I would like to see

Foo Fighters
Cat Power
Bloc Party
Offspring
Chuck Berry and the Silver Beats
Gogol Bordello
Lupe
Rodrigo y Gabriella
Wilco
Citizen Cope
Underworld

on Sunday

Nine Inch Nails
Bob Dylan
Black Keys
Iggy Pop and the Stooges
Lil Wayne
Kanye West
Stone Temple Pilots
Chromeo
Pendlum
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Moby
Andrew Bird

this is looking awesome. I can't wait.

SacredxSuperman
04-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Also noted is that more acts WILL actually be added according to Seth. He said he has kept a few key slots open to additions in the coming months, so this can only get better.

Now I just fear with all these big names, the time slots they will be given and the names I will have to miss. I can easily see Lil Wayne being a headliner on the smaller stage and having to miss him because of that =\

Amneeziac
04-28-2008, 01:15 AM
Wow, this is a really solid lineup! And pretty original too, Jack Johnson's still fucking things up but whatever!

betao
04-28-2008, 01:39 AM

Bob Dylan? AWESOME Now lets see on Saturday I would like to see

Foo Fighters
Cat Power
Bloc Party
Offspring
Chuck Berry and the Silver Beats
Gogol Bordello
Lupe
Rodrigo y Gabriella
Wilco
Citizen Cope
Underworld

on Sunday

Nine Inch Nails
Bob Dylan
Black Keys
Iggy Pop and the Stooges
Lil Wayne
Kanye West
Stone Temple Pilots
Chromeo
Pendlum
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Moby
Andrew Bird

this is looking awesome. I can't wait.

very fucking awesome lineup! But where does it list that? The official site has no new information.

CuervoPH
04-28-2008, 06:22 AM
The site has been updated now.

C DUB YA
04-28-2008, 06:58 AM
Chuck Berry - WOAH!

superdeluxe
04-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Some of those dance acts are rockin!

RITM and Underworld!

C DUB YA
04-28-2008, 08:22 AM
I was reading the Brooklyn Vegan posts on this - again they are really mad at APW.

C DUB YA
04-28-2008, 08:31 AM
see what I mean?

Crazy.

it doesnt take much to be better than apw.

if you take the bands playing nyc on any given week and put them on one stage, you'll have a better lineup than apw.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2008 9:52 AM

APW = pwned.

Had to do it.

This line up is great.

and for the dickhead at 9:46, neither Dylan or Berry is headlining, even though they could and should. You are a hipster douchebag. seriously.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2008 9:58 AM

Ok, i'm officially going south instead of sticking around for crappy APW. Virgin is tons better, and it is cheaper! WTF?

APW = EPIC FAIL.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2008 9:59 AM

I will be there, because APW sucks

Posted by Jimmy McNulty | April 28, 2008 10:35 AM

In head to head competition (the same weekend), All Points Weak just got buttfucked on the interwebs.

APW = PWNED!

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2008 10:36 AM

Wow they got Underworld, so much for APW's exclusive... which wasn't a fucking exclusive in the first place - even though they are selling it as such.

The promoters are so scared they fucked up, they are giving in to the hard sell tactics, like if you can't see so and so at The Bowery then come to APW! Waht a fucking joke. I don't see Virgin or lolla pulling that crap. Know why, they have decent lineups and a good festival ahead of them.

APW has shown how to screw something up in a fierce competitive market for our concert dollar. Others noted and systematically owned them time and time again.

Next year try harder APW, Even if there is a next year.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2008 10:40 AM

Virgin just raped APW

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2008 10:41 AM

There won't be another APW. At least not like it is this year. The public opinion, a very important thing these days, has already deemed this a lame duck.

It's hard to bounce back from that - look what happened to The Field Day Festival, one year and out.

APW is nothing more than a glorified couple of Radiohead concerts. Everyone knows this, that's why you see all the hate on boards like this. People expect more, esp for those ticket prices. Festivals like Coachella (funny enough), Lolla, Sasquatch, ACL, and Virginn give people that time and time again.

Maybe APW will learn from this, but I highly doubt it. It will go down as a mistake, and or financial draw, thus making the posibility of another harder to come by. Who knows? After all the first Coachella lost money, but that was in a different time, when the public wasn't going to these things, or didn't have festival choice left and right.

Virgin is better. I have made my choice.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2008 10:47 AM

There is no comparing the festivals other than Radiohead. that's APW one saving grace, BUT, I'm just going to go to the superior Radiohead show in Camden. that way I don't have to fight with 30,000 other people for a good spot.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2008 10:53 AM

FUCK APW.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2008 10:54 AM

HAHAHA!

APW is going to be sore for weeks from all that fucking it just got.

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2008 10:55 AM

All Points Weak is officially a joke.

Maybe Virgin should do a NY festival? maybe in the Fall?

Posted by Anonymous | April 28, 2008 10:57 AM

Any person with a brain knows that APW is Radiohead and that's it, Virgin has lots more choice, some bad, some good, some great.

the point is CHOICE - APW has none - therefore it blows..

SacredxSuperman
04-28-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm actually suprised Virgin didn't take Kings of Leon from them for Sunday as well.

That being said, I can see Kings of Leon being one of the possible adds. Possibility of Muse being added at this point? Not too sure.