Who else has these????? Coachella wins.

summerkid
03-08-2008, 11:52 PM
The Verve
Kraftwerk
Portishead
Roger Waters

Kraftwerk and Portishead are pretty exclusive and both are the reasons why i'm going to Coachella this year.

Roger Waters may be exclusive but its only because he's been doing this dark side of the moon tour for 2 years going on 3 years now. Now if this was the first time he was doing this it would be much more exclusive and a much bigger deal, but anybody that really wanted to see this had every opportunity to last year.

garrett222
03-08-2008, 11:52 PM
ha..radiohead is doing every festival in america. Outside Lands and All Points West...not exclusive..

Boourns
03-09-2008, 03:00 AM
Regardless, I'd still take Radiohead over Roger Waters.

I'd take Radiohead playing "How Do You?" for 2 hours over Jack Johnson.

thelastgreatman
03-09-2008, 05:13 AM
Kraftwerk and Portishead are pretty exclusive and both are the reasons why i'm going to Coachella this year.

Roger Waters may be exclusive but its only because he's been doing this dark side of the moon tour for 2 years going on 3 years now. Now if this was the first time he was doing this it would be much more exclusive and a much bigger deal, but anybody that really wanted to see this had every opportunity to last year.

You should all stop assuming that we're going to get the same tour he's been playing out the past 18 months. Guarantee this is something somewhat new, and at the very least significantly more spectacular. Notice he's only booked a couple dates following Coach. This Water show will be the most impressive event in Coach history, and let's not think that Bonnaroo wouldn't have loved to have him in a heartbeat. But that's why Coach is a step-above--it's the fest that can get the closest thing to Pink Floyd (most legendary concert ever), plus Portishead, plus Kraftwerk, plus The Verve (I guess--won't be impressed until I se the show).

Roger Waters toured this for 18 months. Prior to that, the last time you could have seen DSOTM in full was decades. The last truly huge Waters show was in 1990 and the last true Pink Floyd show was in 94. Sorry, but speaking as someone who appreciates how much more essential seeing this ultimate of concert experiences is than just the modern-ultimate of Radiohead, I thank GV to no end. Radiohead will tour. They will play longer sets in numerous venues, with a variety of set lists because they are dedicated live performers who don't mastermind their sets to the degree that Waters does (requiring that almost every set be identical).

There are a dozen festivals to see Radiohead, and dozens more actual tour dates. But Waters at Coachella is a combination practically unbeatable in the imagination--and one that DIDN'T already happen in 2004.

bingo_caller
03-09-2008, 07:25 AM
The verve are headlining or playing at practicly ever major festival in europe.
Roger water's is performing dsofm elsewhere. Cant recall where mind.

So no not really. I'll give you kraftwerk & portishead.

betao
03-09-2008, 07:36 AM
The verve are headlining or playing at practicly ever major festival in europe.
Roger water's is performing dsofm elsewhere. Cant recall where mind.

So no not really. I'll give you kraftwerk & portishead.

exactly.

had Madness not dropped, we could use them as one of our exclusive acts too.

Astrid
03-09-2008, 07:37 AM
You should all stop assuming that we're going to get the same tour he's been playing out the past 18 months. Guarantee this is something somewhat new, and at the very least significantly more spectacular. Notice he's only booked a couple dates following Coach. This Water show will be the most impressive event in Coach history, and let's not think that Bonnaroo wouldn't have loved to have him in a heartbeat. But that's why Coach is a step-above--it's the fest that can get the closest thing to Pink Floyd (most legendary concert ever), plus Portishead, plus Kraftwerk, plus The Verve (I guess--won't be impressed until I se the show).

Roger Waters toured this for 18 months. Prior to that, the last time you could have seen DSOTM in full was decades. The last truly huge Waters show was in 1990 and the last true Pink Floyd show was in 94. Sorry, but speaking as someone who appreciates how much more essential seeing this ultimate of concert experiences is than just the modern-ultimate of Radiohead, I thank GV to no end. Radiohead will tour. They will play longer sets in numerous venues, with a variety of set lists because they are dedicated live performers who don't mastermind their sets to the degree that Waters does (requiring that almost every set be identical).

There are a dozen festivals to see Radiohead, and dozens more actual tour dates. But Waters at Coachella is a combination practically unbeatable in the imagination--and one that DIDN'T already happen in 2004.
i agree with you in the sense that i REALLY TRULY HOPE what you say is true. either way, if waters plays the exact same set he played on his tour or not, i will still be waaaaay down because for fucked up/ridiculous reasons i never got to see him. BUT i really do hope he does some sort of monumentos coachella performance that is unique and uncomparable in its own right. pleaaase. pretty preetty please...?

rage patton
03-09-2008, 08:53 AM
exactly.

had Madness not dropped, we could use them as one of our exclusive acts too.

I hate the fact goldenvoice put them on the poster without having them confirmed... but I still give GV major props for even trying to book them. They sent me a message on myspace, and said there is a chance they might play Coachella next year. It just wasn't in the cards for them this year...

karecares
03-09-2008, 09:54 AM

I am really hoping that your right on this, it will be a magical set regardless but if he pulls out some tricks from his sleeve i will be even more giddy than i already am, if this is at all possible!

karecares
03-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Jack Johnson? sorry just had to bring it up, i dont even have anything against him!

menikmati
03-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Coachella always gets some kind of uniqueness/special/exclusive acts every year that no other festival in the states gets. It may not always be your most preferred act, but nonetheless, you usually won't find them anywhere but at Coachella, so give GV props for that. Even with 3,000 fuckin festivals occurring each year now in the states, Coachella is still able to make itself special.

Boourns
03-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Erik, that's very true. It's why I've never been to Bonnaroo. Coachella attendance is pretty much mandatory because of rare/exclusive acts, and if living in LA it monoplizes a lot of tours that won't come to the city proper until the end of summer, if ever. Let's see...acts exclusive (at least somewhat) to American festivals:
2008: Portishead, Verve, Kraftwerk, Roger Waters, Love & Rockets, Fatboy Slim, Jack Johnson (lolz)
2007: Jarvis Cocker, Faithless, Happy Mondays, JAMC, and while not exactly exclusive, Crowded House and Rage (which happened because of GV, at least in part), the super-talented Tiesto
2006: DAFT PUNK, Massive Attack, Sigur Ros, pre-oversaturated Gnarls Barkley
2005: Gang of Four, Black Star, Bauhaus, The Prodigy, Chemical Bros, New Order
2004: Radiohead, getting the fucking PIXIES to reunite, Beck acoustic set of rarities and covers, Kraftwerk

Memorial_07
03-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Nine Inch Nails at Lollapalooza

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-09-2008, 10:49 AM
The Verve
Kraftwerk
Portishead
Roger Waters

Now if only they could get Aphex Twin to co headline on Friday....outside of that Coachella is the festival winner this year...

Bud Luster
03-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Prior to that, the last time you could have seen DSOTM in full was decades. The last truly huge Waters show was in 1990 and the last true Pink Floyd show was in 94.

Radiohead will tour. They will play longer sets in numerous venues, with a variety of set lists because they are dedicated live performers who don't mastermind their sets to the degree that Waters does (requiring that almost every set be identical).

Well 94 isnt decades ago, but damn near. I agree that a Radiohead performance at coachella wouldnt be "special" for all of the reasons listed above.

M Sparks
03-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Roger Waters toured this for 18 months. Prior to that, the last time you could have seen DSOTM in full was decades. The last truly huge Waters show was in 1990 and the last true Pink Floyd show was in 94.

Just nitpicking, but Gilmour's Floyd did DSOTM in full in '94.

So...A decade.

orbit
03-09-2008, 12:10 PM
2004: getting the fucking PIXIES to reunite,

Did Coachella get the Pixies to reunite? I thought they reunited for a tour.

menikmati
03-09-2008, 12:17 PM
yeah they reunited for a tour, but Coachella was the first major show, and probably a major factor in their reunion being a success.

orbit
03-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Now if only they could get Aphex Twin to co headline on Friday....outside of that Coachella is the festival winner this year...

Aphex isn't even co-headlining the big festivals he is playing in Europe. Why would it happen here where his fan base isn't that big?

Boourns
03-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Did Coachella get the Pixies to reunite? I thought they reunited for a tour.

They reunited for a tour after Goldenvoice offered them a big fat paycheck. It's already been posted in articles in the past that they were at least partly responsible for the reunion happening.

Memorial_07
03-09-2008, 10:04 PM
2005: Cocteau Twins reuniting. Only to be ruined a month before they hit the stage.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Aphex isn't even co-headlining the big festivals he is playing in Europe. Why would it happen here where his fan base isn't that big?

Because it would be Pimp of GV to do it...