PDA

View Full Version : Foo Fighters Tour

Sexecutioner
03-05-2008, 10:11 AM
So I'm suprised I havent heard more people talking about the current foos tour. I saw them monday night, and man did they fuckin kill it!! I think they are playing LA this week right? maybe even tonight? If you are going, you're stoked! Dave is a funny dude, really good at working th crowd. They played forever, just over 2 hours I think, and pretty much rocked my face off the whole fuckin time. It was the funnest show I've been to in a while.

I just thought I'd post some pictures and video I took the other night. Finally got around to posting them online, and there are a few good ones.

**Warning: If you are about to see them, and don't want to see what its all about before you go, then dont look below**

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/sexecutioner1666/FooFighters001.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/sexecutioner1666/FooFighters013.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/sexecutioner1666/FooFighters014.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/sexecutioner1666/FooFighters018.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/sexecutioner1666/FooFighters025.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/sexecutioner1666/FooFighters030.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/sexecutioner1666/FooFighters031.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/sexecutioner1666/FooFighters038.jpg

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w135/sexecutioner1666/FooFighters048.jpg

everlong/monkey wrench. this vid is my favorite cuz crowd surfers almost derail the recording, but i recover and keep filming, and it turns out pretty good:
Te_rHWecFY0

times like these/break out:
eonUJgqjr4g

one by one:
I4BTh2tWwz0

suprefan
03-05-2008, 10:12 AM
You didnt host your photos correctly. They play tonight and tomorrow in L.A.

Sexecutioner
03-05-2008, 10:20 AM
You didnt host your photos correctly.

i can see them. you cant?

faxman75
03-05-2008, 10:29 AM
I see white squares.

suprefan
03-05-2008, 10:29 AM
i can see them. you cant?

Nope we got nothing.

JustSteve
03-05-2008, 10:30 AM
would have been cool to see your fist come from behind the screen right into the crowdsurfers face, i hate those inconsiderate asshats.

i will be seeing the show tomorrow and can't wait, can never get enough live foo,...not sure where my seats are, but they should be some of the best in the house considering the source.

Sexecutioner
03-05-2008, 10:45 AM
would have been cool to see your fist come from behind the screen right into the crowdsurfers face, i hate those inconsiderate asshats.

eh, i dont mind them that much. i used to do that shit too when i was younger, and it IS pretty fun. but yea, it sucks when you get kicked in the head by some retard. i just try to watch the security gaurds out of the corner of my eye, if their hands go up, you know somebody is about to drop on your head.

Sexecutioner
03-05-2008, 10:49 AM
ok, pics are up now.

suprefan
03-05-2008, 10:51 AM
2nd, 3rd, 5th and last one I like. Good lighting, and the sound is really good for this show. I want to see what the hell they do at Wembley.

rage patton
03-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Those are some excellent pics. I might be going to their show on the 30th here. How did the acoustic stuff sound in a stadium?
Also, how was Serj Tankian?

Sexecutioner
03-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Those are some excellent pics. I might be going to their show on the 30th here. How did the acoustic stuff sound in a stadium?
Also, how was Serj Tankian?

thanks. they look better when they arent all shrunk, but i didnt want to post huge pics on here, it gets annoying sometimes. Here is the whole album (http://picasaweb.google.com/jransom22/FooFighters) if anybody is interested.

the acoustic stuff sounded great. serj was alright, nothing special. i would def. go though if you have a chance. try to get floor seats too, makes a huge difference.

Blinken
03-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Sweet, i am seeing them tomarrow.

rage patton
03-05-2008, 11:12 AM
thanks. they look better when they arent all shrunk, but i didnt want to post huge pics on here, it gets annoying sometimes. Here is the whole album (http://picasaweb.google.com/jransom22/FooFighters) if anybody is interested.

the acoustic stuff sounded great. serj was alright, nothing special. i would def. go though if you have a chance. try to get floor seats too, makes a huge difference.

Well I might be getting free tickets, but they are somewhere in the stands. I am going to see if I can upgrade them to floor with a scalper.

menikmati
03-05-2008, 11:21 AM
I lost interest when they stopped playing Exhausted.

mob roulette
03-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Hey Menik, did they run this (http://music.phoenixnewtimes.com/2008-02-28/music/foo-fighters-dave-grohl-raises-the-bar-on-kurt-cobain/) on the coast last week? Thought you might get a kick.

paulb
03-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Ill be seeing these fools tonight...i have no expectations...Im so exhaused after bboys in nyc last night... I still wish I had BR tix instead...Supre, wanna trade?

SFChrissy
03-05-2008, 11:58 AM
I saw them last month and they killed it I thought...I took 2 1st timers and they were blown away...

these pics make mine look way shitty but then again I was up a bit

How did you like the accoustic stage???

suprefan
03-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Ill be seeing these fools tonight...i have no expectations...Im so exhaused after bboys in nyc last night... I still wish I had BR tix instead...Supre, wanna trade?

I only have one ticket, and no. Not to say I wouldnt love to see Foos at the forum, but I am content with BR at HOB.

Sexecutioner
03-05-2008, 01:19 PM
you guys are on crack for thinking that bad religion show will be better than foo fighters. bad religion are washed up. i saw them like a year ago ago and they played mostly new shit. it was still fun, but you can tell they are past their prime. foo fighters, on the other hand, will melt your fuckin face off.

mob roulette
03-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Like totally?

menikmati
03-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Hey Menik, did they run this (http://music.phoenixnewtimes.com/2008-02-28/music/foo-fighters-dave-grohl-raises-the-bar-on-kurt-cobain/) on the coast last week? Thought you might get a kick.

Nope, first time seeing that. Pretty funny. But for those FF fans who will take it too seriously and say Dave is a great song writer and better front man than Kurt...well....even Nirvana's B-sides like I Hate Myself and Want to Die (which Kurt once said, could write that kinda song "in my sleep") is far better than almost anything Dave has ever put out with a Foo label on it.

Sushov23
03-05-2008, 01:43 PM
I was at FOO show on the 3rd man. I was the guy wearing a CAL STATE SAN MARCOS blue T. The show was fucking awesome. I loved that little guitar battle. The encore part was also fucking awesome. Dave truly knows how to work the shit out of that crowd. the acoustic part kicked ass.

smokingpurse
03-05-2008, 02:01 PM
I used to be a huge Foo fan and still listen to their music sometimes. However I thought the last two albums were mediocre at best and definitely did not explore any new territory. They are just a regular, decent rock band which is fine. And if you're looking to hear just their greatest hits a Foo show will be a good show for you. However if you want to hear more than that from the earlier albums, stay home. You're gonna get "Breakout" instead of "Aurora" and MAYBE you'll hear "This is a Call" from the first album. TCATS is a great album but all they seem to play from it anymore is "Everlong" and "Monkeywrench".

The guitar battle can be fun, but it's turning into a "schtick" kind of thing for Dave and that is really boring after a couple of years. Same thing for Dave's crowd strolls. I'd rather they took the time to play one or two more songs.

Acoustic tour was awesome.

Sexecutioner
03-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Nope, first time seeing that. Pretty funny. But for those FF fans who will take it too seriously and say Dave is a great song writer and better front man than Kurt...well....even Nirvana's B-sides like I Hate Myself and Want to Die (which Kurt once said, could write that kinda song "in my sleep") is far better than almost anything Dave has ever put out with a Foo label on it.

this is my fav part of that article:

"Not all his songs are about self-loathing and stomach problems. I contend that being trapped in a pit of despair and drug addiction, and howling about it along to a couple of chords, does not automatically make one a genius songwriter."

ill give you that kurt was a better song writer, but after seeing foos the other night, im not sure if he was a better frontman. song writing is the only thing that kurt has over dave. as an all around rock star, ill take dave any day of the week. hes a great musician, hes hilarious, and he knows how to put on one hell of a show. kurt was just a scared little kid in the body of a rock star, a junkie who couldnt handle his "rough" life and took the easy way out. and because of that hes like some fuckin martyr to you nirvana freaks. jesus, how long has it been now? its time to move on! find another band to idolize, one thats actually putting out new music.

menikmati
03-05-2008, 02:53 PM
this is my fav part of that article:

"Not all his songs are about self-loathing and stomach problems. I contend that being trapped in a pit of despair and drug addiction, and howling about it along to a couple of chords, does not automatically make one a genius songwriter."

ill give you that kurt was a better song writer, but after seeing foos the other night, im not sure if he was a better frontman. song writing is the only thing that kurt has over dave. as an all around rock star, ill take dave any day of the week. hes a great musician, hes hilarious, and he knows how to put on one hell of a show. kurt was just a scared little kid in the body of a rock star, a junkie who couldnt handle his "rough" life and took the easy way out. and because of that hes like some fuckin martyr to you nirvana freaks. jesus, how long has it been now? its time to move on! find another band to idolize, one thats actually putting out new music.

You know, I was gonna agree with you and say that yeah Dave is probably a better front man and leave it at that, but then I read the last part of your message, which is just a bunch of spewed bullshit. Seriously, it just sounds like a bunch of ignorant shit coming out of some frat boy rock fan's mouth. You assume I hold Kurt highly because he "took the easy way out" - Wrong. I can only enjoy and appreciate bands that are currently making music? Um okay, whatever....

Sexecutioner
03-05-2008, 03:18 PM
You know, I was gonna agree with you and say that yeah Dave is probably a better front man and leave it at that, but then I read the last part of your message, which is just a bunch of spewed bullshit. Seriously, it just sounds like a bunch of ignorant shit coming out of some frat boy rock fan's mouth. You assume I hold Kurt highly because he "took the easy way out" - Wrong. I can only enjoy and appreciate bands that are currently making music? Um okay, whatever....

i dont assume that you personally idolize him cuz he killed himself. but it seems like his popularity was insanely higher after he died, kind of like martyr status. and you can enjoy whatever bands you want, but i just dont understand how you can be so obsessed with a band and their work when it never changes. i can understand being obsessed for a while, but doesnt there come a point when you get sick of listening to the same 30 songs (or however man they have) over and over?

lol, dont get all pissy, i was just givin you shit. i guess your obsession just bothers me cuz i think kurt was a sad, pathetic person who happened to make a couple great albums. and while i think nirvana was a great band, i dont think they deserve the whole "they single handedly changed the face of rock" BS. the only reason they are credited with that is because they came out with a great album at the right time, when rock was so desperate for anything not glam. that, and the fact that he offed himself at what was probably his peak, gave them this legend status that has been blown way out of proportion.

oh, and im not a frat boy.

karecares
03-05-2008, 03:21 PM
i've seen them well over a dozen times over the years and i would always recommend seeing them to anyone.

Saw them at MSG which was broadcast on FUSE :D Set list was alot more older than newer stuff but it is an arena tour. I was at the Irving Plaza show back in Sept and they had much more of a balance btwn old and ESP&G, but they were trying out new material.Been front row many times and have a shit load of pics and vids from over the years, met them a few times and they have always been cool, normal, non- pretentious rockstar types of guys.
www.youtube.com/karecares

karecares
03-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Nirvana vs Foo/ Kurt vs Dave is like comparing apples and oranges. Both good musically but in different ways

Sexecutioner
03-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Nirvana vs Foo/ Kurt vs Dave is like comparing apples and oranges. Both good musically but in different ways

i agree. sorry menik, didnt want this thread to turn into that whole debate. its been done around here before i think. i like both bands a lot, but i just wanted to show how much ass the foos kicked the other night.

menikmati
03-05-2008, 03:34 PM
im not gonna turn it into a debate, everybody can think what they want. Glad you all enjoy your Foo shows.

gaypalmsprings
03-05-2008, 03:36 PM
I'll be at the Forum tomorrow. I'm the gay old guy on the floor. Look for me.

Blinken
03-05-2008, 03:39 PM
How long did the show go on the other day?

Sexecutioner
03-05-2008, 04:04 PM
I'll be at the Forum tomorrow. I'm the gay old guy on the floor. Look for me.

LOL!

How long did the show go on the other day?

a little over 2 hours.

karecares
03-05-2008, 04:06 PM
was the same for me in ny

JustSteve
03-05-2008, 04:23 PM
their record release show for esp&g at the fonda was an amazing setlist:

Let It Die
The Pretender
Times Like These
Cheer Up Boys (Your Makeup Is Running)
I'll Stick Around
Long Road To Ruin
The One
DOA
Breakout
(Short Jam, Dave singing like Eddie Vedder, quoting Evenflow...)
Stacked Actors
Everlong
Monkeywrench
Darling Nikki
Holiday in Cambodia (Dead Kennedys cover with Jeff (I think) the roadie on vocals)
For All the Cows
Shake Your Blood (With Lemmy on vocals)
All My Life

Encore:
Skin and Bones (acoustic)
Marigold (acoustic)
My Hero (acoustic)
Aurora
Best of You

karecares
03-05-2008, 04:35 PM
I'd fucking love to see Lemmy dong shake your blood!

of all the shows i've also never seen darling nikki and would gladly trade in a breakout or learn to fly in exchange for that (not that i have any say in it)

Blinken
03-05-2008, 04:59 PM
a little over 2 hours.

The whole thing including Serj and against me, i am just wondering because of work on Friday.

Blinken
03-05-2008, 05:00 PM
their record release show for esp&g at the fonda was an amazing setlist:

Let It Die
The Pretender
Times Like These
Cheer Up Boys (Your Makeup Is Running)
I'll Stick Around
Long Road To Ruin
The One
DOA
Breakout
(Short Jam, Dave singing like Eddie Vedder, quoting Evenflow...)
Stacked Actors
Everlong
Monkeywrench
Darling Nikki
Holiday in Cambodia (Dead Kennedys cover with Jeff (I think) the roadie on vocals)
For All the Cows
Shake Your Blood (With Lemmy on vocals)
All My Life

Encore:
Skin and Bones (acoustic)
Marigold (acoustic)
My Hero (acoustic)
Aurora
Best of You

That is an awsome set.

Sushov23
03-05-2008, 05:03 PM
The whole thing including Serj and against me, i am just wondering because of work on Friday.

It will be over by 11:30
Against Me! 7:30-8:00
Serj 8:15-9:00
Foo Fighters 9:20-11:30 or so.
That is how it was in SD

paulb
03-05-2008, 05:58 PM
you guys are on crack for thinking that bad religion show will be better than foo fighters. bad religion are washed up. i saw them like a year ago ago and they played mostly new shit. it was still fun, but you can tell they are past their prime. foo fighters, on the other hand, will melt your fuckin face off.

you are fuckin wack man... Maybe the show you saw wasnt the best, but Bad Religion are fuckin back and bringing it hard with their themed setlists, playing over 30 songs a night...

I love the setlist from this current tour for Foos, so I look forward to that tonight...but no way could this top of 'classic' era set of Bad Religion the other day...

Im off now.... ill tell ya how it goes...

suprefan
03-05-2008, 06:12 PM

Seen Foos in an arena before, seen both sides of the show they are doing in much smaller settings, the only thing that would really motivate me to go is the production cause it looks really cool. And Im totally content with BR at house of Blues tonight, I dont think I made the wrong choice. As Paul mentioned, each night is pretty different for their shows, Ill let you know how it goes.

cooperb1
03-06-2008, 01:30 AM
i saw the foo fighters 4 times last yr once they opend for the police they have so much energy i cant wait to see them aggan .

fikus222
03-06-2008, 02:30 AM
I first saw the Foo Fighters with Rage Against the Machine (they played Darkness) in '98 and with Weezer in '05 and I think that I would honestly trade both times just to have seen Nirvana.

Edit:

It would be a hard decision, but only because the Rage show was at a 3k person outdoor GA amphitheater and the Weezer show was at SDSUs campus and I was 10 feet from the stage.

JustSteve
03-06-2008, 09:22 AM
stewart copeland on drums for a song last night, nice.

musicrocksmyworld
03-06-2008, 02:26 PM
I went to that same show!!! in san diego right???? they killed it! i had soo much fun...best concert ive been to by far!!!!!! awesome to see someone else pics...i had seats so i didnt get that close...very cool!

Blinken
03-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Damn work is going so fucking slow today, i am just watching the clock waiting to get out of here and start drinking.

paulb
03-06-2008, 03:33 PM
fuckin Foo Fighters...yeah, they played for 2h 7min... drummer for The Police came out and did a song with him... it was a good setlist and good show...but I was just bored as hell. They fuckin extended and jammed every single song and it got very annoying... I have seen Foos twice in under 3000 person venues, so seeing a sold out show at the Forum was a big change, and harder to get into... and, the entire show I kept wishing I was at Bad Religion... it was still good and I give them props for changing it up and making sure all the fans get involved and are having a good time...

Serj Tankian was pretty good, sound was a little echoy, wasnt as good as the kroq almost acoustic xmas set he did...but he is such a solid live singer...

Against Me! were good aswell, not much crowd interaction at all. But the songs they were playing all sounded pretty good.

canexplain
03-06-2008, 04:00 PM
here is the lineup the last time i saw FF ... i had to post it because check out the 2nd to the last name lol ... x****

(October 26 & 27, 2002)
Featured: James Taylor, Foo Fighters (Sat. only), The Other Ones (Sun. only), Ryan Adams, Tenacious D, Thom Yorke, LeeAnn Rimes, Jack Johnson and Vanessa Carlton.
Neil performed: Three opening songs each day, and a solo set (with help from James Taylor on Heart Of Gold) to finish the show

luckyface
03-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Glad I sold my ticket to the show. I have become pretty disenchanted with them lately.

And I hear you about the jams. They need to cut down Stacked Actors by about 10 minutes live.

menikmati
03-06-2008, 04:10 PM
or just not play Stacked Actors at all. And yeah, their last few records (outside of maybe 3 songs) just bores me to tears.

suprefan
03-06-2008, 04:21 PM
here is the lineup the last time i saw FF ... i had to post it because check out the 2nd to the last name lol ... x****

(October 26 & 27, 2002)
Featured: James Taylor, Foo Fighters (Sat. only), The Other Ones (Sun. only), Ryan Adams, Tenacious D, Thom Yorke, LeeAnn Rimes, Jack Johnson and Vanessa Carlton.
Neil performed: Three opening songs each day, and a solo set (with help from James Taylor on Heart Of Gold) to finish the show

You went to Bridge School, lucky, Thom Yorke.

stewart copeland on drums for a song last night, nice.

Which song did they do, and was Taylor singing? I ask this because I have seen Stewart come out and they did a Police cover and Taylor sang, wondering if it was the same deal.

luckyface
03-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Which song did they do, and was Taylor singing? I ask this because I have seen Stewart come out and they did a Police cover and Taylor sang, wondering if it was the same deal.

Apparently Next to You, which was a staple in their set a few years ago.

PJandBompton
03-06-2008, 07:04 PM
I can see myself in the 1st 2nd and 3rd pictures...such an awesome fucking show especially front row...

canexplain
03-06-2008, 08:09 PM
You went to Bridge School, lucky, Thom Yorke.

yea i went to this one too, but they were both great shows, and of course you always go both days, so its like a mini fest ... ..x***

(October 28 & 29, 2000)
Featured: CSNY, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beck, Dave Mathews Band, Foo Fighters and Tegan & Sara, plus a surprise appearance by Robin Williams.
Neil performed: One opening song Saturday and three on Sunday; he performed a set with "Friends & Family" each day, as well as with CSNY. He also performed Cortez The Killer with the Dave Mathews Band each day.

karecares
03-06-2008, 08:19 PM
^^^^i'm so jealous :(

JustSteve
03-07-2008, 01:06 AM
we got "darling nikki" and lemmy doin' "shake yer blood" tonight....the best we got on drums was chad smith coming out for a dueling drum solo. they also added "see you" to the acoustic portion.

loser999
03-07-2008, 06:12 AM
tonight was so much fun! foo fighters still put on a great show and against me are awesome live!! so much fun

gaypalmsprings
03-07-2008, 07:15 AM
Great show on Thursday. Two stages for twice as much fun. I was right up front about 6 ft from the column of woofers - just about blown off my feet! Against me was kinda Emo (the lead singer was great, the band itself was overweight, the crowd bored), Serj Tankian was just weird (a mix of Tiny Tim & Frank Zappa - okay, I loved Frank Zappa, but this dude was no Frank Zappa). The real show was the Foo - & they were great as the headline act. So much energy!

Sexecutioner
03-07-2008, 01:48 PM
we got "darling nikki" and lemmy doin' "shake yer blood" tonight....the best we got on drums was chad smith coming out for a dueling drum solo. they also added "see you" to the acoustic portion.

lucky bastards...

karecares
03-07-2008, 03:18 PM
lucky bastards...
seriously

Sushov23
03-07-2008, 04:38 PM
I would have loved Darling Nikki, foo's where you at with this for us in SD. DAMN

BlackSwan
03-07-2008, 04:46 PM
I first saw the Foo Fighters with Rage Against the Machine (they played Darkness) in '98.

Speaking of old school Rage memories... I saw Rage at the Roseland Ballroom on the Evil Empire Tour when I was like 12 or 13 (or however old you are when you are in 6th grade). It was awesome, it felt like the building was going to come down.

And the Foo Fighters have been awesome on the last tour but they def don't need to jam out every song. The whole 8 or 9 people on a little round stage was a major highlight though.

fikus222
03-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Speaking of old school Rage memories... I saw Rage at the Roseland Ballroom on the Evil Empire Tour when I was like 12 or 13 (or however old you are when you are in 6th grade). It was awesome, it felt like the building was going to come down.

I saw them for the first time in '96 at the Tibetan Freedom Concert in SF and they had the crowd going totally insane, then opening up for U2s Pop Mart Tour at Sun Devil Stadium in '96, which was a totally non Rage crowd, but it was 74k persons strong and then finally at Mesa Ampitheater in '98 with the Foo Fighters. Retards in the crowd were molesting female crowd surfers and Zach threatened to end the show if people didn't cut out that sh!t, but hearing Darkness off of the Crow soundtrack was unrivaled between the three, especially after growing up with that movie.

karecares
03-07-2008, 05:22 PM
I'd have love to have been there :( i'd have been one of the female crowd surfers but i put up a fight if i'm going to be molested at a show- unfortunately i've had to.

my first foo show was at william paterson university when i was a senior in '98 for the colour and the shap tour, was front row for that show stage right it was fucking awsome

karecares
03-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Roseland in NYC?

JustSteve
03-07-2008, 05:28 PM
I would have loved Darling Nikki, foo's where you at with this for us in SD. DAMN

dave atcually said something to the effect of "now here's a song that we only play in l.a., i'm not even gonna say the name..."

karecares
03-07-2008, 05:30 PM
~note to self hit la for the next foo tour, i've already been out twice to see them there, i plan vacations around my bands tour schedules

gaypalmsprings
03-07-2008, 05:30 PM
um, was that the Triangle Song?

karecares
03-07-2008, 05:42 PM
[yt]http://www. youtube. com/watch?v=cetv4FXaD7U[yt]

what did i do wrong?

menikmati
03-07-2008, 06:14 PM
you need to close the tags <YT> </YT> Plus only put the part after the "=" inside the tags. So make it look like <YT>cetv4FXaD7U</YT> Obviously use the brackets instead of < > though.

gaypalmsprings
03-07-2008, 06:20 PM
[yt]http://www. youtube. com/watch?v=cetv4FXaD7U[yt]

what did i do wrong?

cetv4FXaD7U

karecares
03-07-2008, 07:03 PM
you need to close the tags <YT> </YT> Plus only put the part after the "=" inside the tags. So make it look like <YT>cetv4FXaD7U</YT> Obviously use the brackets instead of < > though.
thank you both i always forget how i'm supposed to do that

rage patton
03-07-2008, 07:07 PM
dave atcually said something to the effect of "now here's a song that we only play in l.a., i'm not even gonna say the name..."

bastards...

Blinken
03-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Both times i have seen them in LA they played Darling Nikki.

superfiction
07-09-2008, 11:31 AM
im seeing the foos today. not really that excited but i got the tickets for my dad for fathers day and i guess there are worse thigns i could be doing. i hope its good and that they forget they recorded a new album and just play old stuff. that is all.

menikmati
07-09-2008, 11:35 AM
i hope its good and that they forget they recorded a new album and just play old stuff. that is all.

Good luck with that.

suprefan
07-09-2008, 11:40 AM
im seeing the foos today. not really that excited but i got the tickets for my dad for fathers day and i guess there are worse thigns i could be doing. i hope its good and that they forget they recorded a new album and just play old stuff. that is all.

Isnt supergrass opening? Let us know how that goes.

superfiction
07-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Isnt supergrass opening? Let us know how that goes.

yeah i have work till six though and the show is at 7 so i will see if i can get there before they go on. i have all of minus the bear to skip so we will see i guess

suprefan
07-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Plus Minus the Bear? I didnt know they added a 3rd band to this...

superfiction
07-09-2008, 04:02 PM
yeah they are only on for the seattle and portland dates. i dunno who the band doing the rest of the tour is. i honestly think besides LA though these arenas are gonna be very half full

suprefan
07-09-2008, 04:03 PM
They sold out 2 nights at Red Rocks

superfiction
07-10-2008, 12:07 PM
They sold out 2 nights at Red Rocks

yeah dude i was shocked. the arena was more full this time than the last time when they brought weezer with them.

anyways. the show was alright. the setlist was the same as the last tour apperently which was..

Let It Die The Pretender Times Like These No Way Back Cheer Up, Boys (Your Make Up Is Running) Learn To Fly This Is A Call Long Road To Ruin Breakout Stacked Actors Skin And Bones Marigold My Hero Cold Day In The Sun But, Honestly Everlong Monkey Wrench All My Life Big Me DOA Generator Aurora Best Of You

with the addition of the who song "young mans blues" somewhere in there.

i went into the show as a sceptic thinking with the new songs and larger band that it really wouldnt be as fun as seeing them as it was back in 06 or whatever. but they won me over. hearing marigold was really cool. and aurora always sounds great when you play it in seattle. but it was funny to see that 90 percent of the people there had no clue what was going on for anything that wasnt a single or on the last 2 albums. but whatever.

the stage set up was a little lame. but im sure thats cuz all the money went into that little acoustic stage in the middle (which came down fom the ceiling?!) i dunno.

the set clocked in at about 2 hours and 45 minutes including them leaving for the encore and dave telling a long story about spray painting the wall of tower records. so i dunno. all in all id give it a solid B of a show. not STELLAR but they had great energy and i had a good time.

oh and as for the openers i missed minus the bear and supergrass were fine. not great but fine. im not really a fan of their music though so whatever. i would have rather seen serj open and at least get to watch ler from primus rock out. but whatever.
so yeah. review finished.

luckyface
07-10-2008, 12:12 PM
They are playing Aurora again? That is the only song I need to see before I can stop going to FF shows altogether. They have really lost me these last few albums.

SFChrissy
07-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Plus Minus the Bear? I didnt know they added a 3rd band to this...
what...foo's playing with minus the bear...

menikmati
07-10-2008, 12:17 PM
but it was funny to see that 90 percent of the people there had no clue what was going on for anything that wasnt a single or on the last 2 albums. but whatever.
And this is why they don't play good songs like Exhausted anymore. Shame.

superfiction
07-10-2008, 12:32 PM
They are playing Aurora again? That is the only song I need to see before I can stop going to FF shows altogether. They have really lost me these last few albums.

both times ive seen them theyve played aurora so....i dunno if they ever really stopped.

what...foo's playing with minus the bear...
yeah i think theyre playing the portland date too

And this is why they don't play good songs like Exhausted anymore. Shame.

or x-static. hell just dont play anything after one by one and im pretty satisfied

orbit
07-10-2008, 12:37 PM
jeff tweedy' son calls them the poo fighters.

luckyface
07-10-2008, 12:45 PM
both times ive seen them theyve played aurora so....i dunno if they ever really stopped.

They'll bust it out maybe a couple times a tour, lately. I have seen them, including free shows and the like, 10 times and have never gotten it once.

NachoCat
11-01-2011, 08:18 AM
http://www.licklibrary.com/news/2011/11/2453-foo_fighters_announce_2012_japan_tour

Foo Fighters announce 2012 Japan Tour
Tue, 01 Nov 2011

Foo Fighters have announced yesterday a series of dates for their Japanese fans in March 2012.

Fans in Japan can catch the band on the following dates:

March 7 - Tokyo - Yokohama Arena
March 8 - Sendai - Zepp Sendai
March 9 - Nagoya - Zepp Nagoya
March 11 - Osaka - Zepp Osaka