PDA

View Full Version : Who's Been to Every Coachella?

transonic
03-04-2008, 12:12 PM
My wife and I have, plus our friend Tik:Tok. We heard about the first one through my old boss' brother who wrote for Spin at the time. That first one was in Sept or Oct and it was sooo hot. Glad it's now at the end of April. They didn't do Coachella in 2000, so this will be our 9th one!!! They better do something cool for the 10th Coachella--a whole week?!?

GaragePoet
03-04-2008, 01:02 PM
my bro & i have been every day of every year... he read about the first one in some little newspaper clip, called me up & asked if i wanted to go see Rage & TOOL, DJ Shadow, Beck, etc. & of course i was all over it... we went the first year & swore we'd never miss it. this was the first year we actually discussed NOT going all 3 days, but we decided we had to, just because there probably aren't very many of us true veterans left out there....

SubBass49
03-05-2008, 08:30 PM
my bro & i have been every day of every year... he read about the first one in some little newspaper clip, called me up & asked if i wanted to go see Rage & TOOL, DJ Shadow, Beck, etc. & of course i was all over it... we went the first year & swore we'd never miss it. this was the first year we actually discussed NOT going all 3 days, but we decided we had to, just because there probably aren't very many of us true veterans left out there....

Fuckin' A.

AbundantChoice
03-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Argh! I missed the first two and started going in 2002. So close!

chairmenmeow47
03-06-2008, 09:04 AM
My wife and I have, plus our friend Tik:Tok. We heard about the first one through my old boss' brother who wrote for Spin at the time. That first one was in Sept or Oct and it was sooo hot. Glad it's now at the end of April. They didn't do Coachella in 2000, so this will be our 9th one!!! They better do something cool for the 10th Coachella--a whole week?!?

this is ivy!!! i think i know you and your merry band of coachella vets. if not, i do apologize :)

psychic friend
03-06-2008, 10:33 AM
i have been to every coachella

SubBass49
03-06-2008, 10:38 AM

I'd hope so...

=)

neverclever
03-06-2008, 10:56 AM
I've been to every one but I have to admit I did miss the 2nd day of the verrrry first one...

Remember the free water when you go in?! The first and second years entrance?? The layout of the first year???

psychic friend
03-06-2008, 11:12 AM
I didnt go to the 2nd day of the first one. I didnt "miss" it though. lol.

menikmati
03-06-2008, 11:22 AM
does anyone have a map of the first year (1999) or 2001? I could really use em.

reverb
03-06-2008, 11:29 AM
*raises hand*

GaragePoet
03-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Remember the free water when you go in?! The first and second years entrance?? The layout of the first year???

remember how some of the schedules that were passed out were stapled incorrectly so all the acts in the tents were switched for sat/sun.... my bro & i kept wandering around trying to see different bands & figured the scheduling was all fucked up. it wasn't until sunday that we figured out what was wrong. that sucked...

blackchango
03-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Rright here dude!

ivankay
03-06-2008, 05:58 PM
i'm a every year/every day attendee. i remember the joy of finding out about the first Coachella. When i read it was going to be a European type festival in the US, giddiness built up because of the years of jealosy from reading about all the fun they were having over there. Thanks GV for putting on one of the best things ever. my soul appreciates it.

algunz
03-08-2008, 10:57 PM
remember how some of the schedules that were passed out were stapled incorrectly so all the acts in the tents were switched for sat/sun.... my bro & i kept wandering around trying to see different bands & figured the scheduling was all fucked up. it wasn't until sunday that we figured out what was wrong. that sucked...

I do remember this, but fortunately was not one who ended up with a bad one. It seemed like almost every set there was at least one person asked us who was playing with a very confused expression. Too funny. Eventually it became a game.

"Yeah, that person has one of the wrong ones."

quicksand
03-08-2008, 11:04 PM
How many years do you have to go until you're a vet?

superfiction
03-08-2008, 11:16 PM
does anyone have a map of the first year (1999) or 2001? I could really use em.

for your adventure back in time?

Suffacated
03-09-2008, 01:00 AM

me too

menikmati
03-09-2008, 08:51 AM
for your adventure back in time?

Yes, and for something else too.