PDA

View Full Version : Pitchfork TV

nationocean
03-04-2008, 11:19 AM
http://pitchfork.tv/

The 24-hour music network was such a great concept. What happened? Given music's nearly inexhaustible supply of notable artists and genres, there are no limits to how deeply it can be explored. But despite all the footage we've seen of high-profile rock and pop artists hitting their creative strides, similar documents of independent artists are far less accessible, if they exist at all.

In recent years, independent film networks have dedicated themselves to the respectful and intelligent treatment of classic and underground cinema. But independent music has never had a permanent home. So today, we're proud to announce the April 7 beta launch of Pitchfork.tv, the first-ever music video channel dedicated to documenting independent music as it happens. As a visual extension of the music coverage Pitchfork has provided for more than a decade, and a means of updating and advancing the music television format, the online channel will bring you closer to the artists you love, through original mini-documentaries, secret rooftop and basement sessions, full concerts, exclusive interviews, and the most carefully curated selection of music videos online.

In addition, Pitchfork.tv will become the first online video channel to screen full-length feature films, vintage concerts, and music DVDs free of charge. From the Pixies' 2004 reunion tour film LoudQuietLoud and Todd Phillips' notorious GG Allin documentary Hated, to Jimmy Joe Roche & Dan Deacon's acid-drenched visual art piece Ultimate Reality, Pitchfork.tv will highlight a different film each week in its entirety.

This content is just the beginning. With one of the web's largest, crispest, and highest-resolution displays, Pitchfork.tv truly invites full-screen viewing. And, with all content available on-demand, we're putting you in control of the music you want, how and when you want to see it. Soon, we'll add personal playlist capabilities, so you can watch all your favorites in a row. And later this year, as part of a massive redesign effort, Pitchfork.tv will integrate with its parent site, presenting innovations and further advancements to the world of online music journalism.

Like Pitchfork itself, Pitchfork.tv is an independent company with no investment dollars or special interests, allowing us the freedom and control to stay true to our creative vision. We've waited decades for a music channel that respects our intelligence and reflects

nationocean
03-04-2008, 11:20 AM
BTW - I think this will be SO FREAKING COOL!

EDIT. Yes I know STALIN already put one up here. But my thread is better. Deal with it.

nationocean
03-04-2008, 11:20 AM
http://cms.pitchforkmedia.com/images/image/46044.news-pftv-in-article.jpg

Pitchfork is the new MTV

STALINZZZ
03-04-2008, 11:21 AM
read threads assfucker. (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16574)

Genedefekt
03-04-2008, 11:24 AM
Get better at drawing people into your threads via the title.

nationocean
03-04-2008, 11:25 AM
no thanks. i want this thread all to myself :)

nationocean
03-04-2008, 11:31 AM
i'm just ready for 4 non-stop hours of A Place To Bury Strangers footage. lol

STALINZZZ
03-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Get better at drawing people into your threads via the title.

or just read every single post in every thread.

Genedefekt
03-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Yes because everyone who posts here has the time to read every post in every thread.

nationocean
03-04-2008, 12:13 PM
i have rappers delight stuck in my head for some reason..

samiksha
03-04-2008, 12:17 PM
that song is entirely too long

thestripe
04-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Radiohead Bangers & Mash (http://www.pitchfork.tv/node/468)

I already posted this in the RH Tour thread, but it needs to be posted here. Fucking great!

thestripe
04-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Fuck you all for not caring about this Radiohead clip. With all the fan boys on this board you would think this would get at least one postitive comment.

rage patton
04-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Wow... I just came in this thread... that Radiohead video is great! Does Thom always play drums on that song live? It seriously sounds incredibly great. Thank you for that video.

thestripe
04-07-2008, 08:31 PM
I am learning that I can always count on you Rage.

nationocean
04-07-2008, 08:31 PM
pitchfork.tv is awesome. i loved watching all the content. especially the sarcastic 'casting' of VJ's.. lol

rage patton
04-07-2008, 08:41 PM
I am learning that I can always count on you Rage.

Haha, thanks The. But seriously, we need to do something about the poster. ASAP.

pitchfork.tv is awesome. i loved watching all the content. especially the sarcastic 'casting' of VJ's.. lol

I actually am too. The Liars video is great. And that Man Man video was highly entertaining. It actually made me a lot more excited for them.

thestripe
04-07-2008, 08:45 PM
I just finished up that Pixies doc. Fucking depressing.

Young blood
04-07-2008, 08:46 PM
The quality of the footage and editing is top notch. Thank god someone is bringing back the music video. I love what they are doin.

psycobetabuckdown
04-07-2008, 09:11 PM
I second, the Bangers and Mash video is great, and Liars is pretty cool too. I haven't figured out how to actually browse for stuff though. Or can you not?

Tylerdurden31
04-07-2008, 09:57 PM
i could spend hours on this site

thestripe
04-08-2008, 06:40 PM
This shit is fucking great. I think I'm hooked.

PassiveTheory
04-08-2008, 08:12 PM
I just finished watching the Pixies doc, it was pretty sweet.

Shame they're done for good, it seems.