PDA

View Full Version : My Bad

Pslightly Psycho
03-04-2008, 06:47 AM
I recently wrote a blog on a different website about the poor choice of Jack Johnson as headliner for this year's opening date at coachella. I said that thousands of twenty/thirty somethings would most likely not flock to see a surfer dude sing songs about [I]Curious George.[I]
Well, I am sooooo wrong. This guy has had the Number One CD in the country for weeks now, and he is the cover boy for the latest ROLLING STONE. He couldn't be more popular.
Once again the promoters of coachella have booked a talent that is both popular and innovative with the masses. i applaud their choice after all.

clarky123
03-04-2008, 07:13 AM
Thanks Jacks Dad!

marooko
03-04-2008, 07:15 AM
both popular and innovative with the masses.

i dont think coachella is really a place for the masses. yes, masses of people flock there, but not the same.

fatbastard
03-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Thanks Jacks Dad!

:rotfl

sbessiso
03-04-2008, 07:26 AM
i need all this JJ talk to just stop

fiopadp7791
03-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Guys...

Please understand something- as much as we don't like JJ, there will so many O.C. 16-30 year old females flocking to the desert to go see him, that I'm sure Friday is doing just fine. It stinks that Golden Voice decided to devote a headliner to that demographic, but it is what it is...

Then again, how much different is it than when a bunch of Tool or Madonna fans showed up 2 years ago, probably not wanting to see much else either?

Sonicifyouwantit
03-04-2008, 11:20 AM
you mention curious george like jack just makes kids songs, hes had other hit records and is very popular. To think that people are not going to flock to him out there is wrong. I think we've already nailed it on the head, beat the dead horse and so on and so forth about the JJ meister. Lets move on, please.

I felt the same way about rage fans tool fans and madonna fans, but you know what? Once you are in the fest there are so many people and so many things to take your attention you really dont notice the people you thought would annoy you. Unless you are looking for them of course.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-04-2008, 12:13 PM
I recently wrote a blog on a different website about the poor choice of Jack Johnson as headliner for this year's opening date at coachella. I said that thousands of twenty/thirty somethings would most likely not flock to see a surfer dude sing songs about [I]Curious George.[I]
Well, I am sooooo wrong. This guy has had the Number One CD in the country for weeks now, and he is the cover boy for the latest ROLLING STONE. He couldn't be more popular.
Once again the promoters of coachella have booked a talent that is both popular and innovative with the masses. i applaud their choice after all.

Another JJ alias?

betao
03-04-2008, 01:47 PM
actually for a minute I thought it was Paul Toillet trying to convince us he was doing the right thing.

surely an alias on the coachella board was that mysterious "trick up his sleeve"!

JClemy
03-04-2008, 01:52 PM
At least maybe some of those people will discover a few acts that they really like other than just JJ. It could expose some people to a whole new world of music. Something has to give them that opportunity.

cooperb1
03-05-2008, 06:16 PM
oh no more jj talk :yyablo