PDA

View Full Version : Which Post Apocalyptic Machine Would You Fight?

Wheres the beef?
03-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Well?

rage patton
03-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Hahaha. Best thread started to today.

I will have to think about this one. I am leaning toward skynet though...

captncrzy
03-03-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm gonna say none of the above. I'll be hiding in a cave somewhere in either case.

cansei de ser sexme
03-03-2008, 08:23 PM
The answer is quite clearly Skynet.

MassiveChemicalPunk
03-03-2008, 08:49 PM
I def would love to take some of those robots apart but it would be much better to take down the agents with ubercool moves and guns and raise some hell in the matrix. Besides, you get you're brand new nokia with the job.

boarderwoozel3
03-03-2008, 08:52 PM
I like my chances better against the skynet.

Mr.Nipples
03-03-2008, 08:57 PM
cher...

Wheres the beef?
03-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Yeah I think you would have more control over your life fighting Skynet. Its a future, but a bleak one. But, terminators? Fuck. And those planes they roll with? I dunno. Skynet can bring it.

greghead
03-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Skynet is the evil AI from Terminator that leads the machines to wage war with humanity.

Tough decision, but I gotta go with skynet

Wheres the beef?
03-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Its that thing in the AT&T/SBC Building downtown that spies on your internets.

Cpt. Funkaho
03-03-2008, 11:55 PM
The Matrix, no question. The machines might have a much more well-defined upper hand in the Matrix, but they're more or less "human"- that is, they're not all bent on human destruction, and it's possible to reason with them.

thelastgreatman
03-04-2008, 12:10 AM
I hope my apoclyptic future is more talented than The Wachowski Brothers, and that's all I know.

superfiction
03-04-2008, 12:13 AM
I hope my apoclyptic future is more talented than The Wachowski Brothers, and that's all I know.

and sisters...brother...sister...whatever. im going with skynet

thelastgreatman
03-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Wait, that was a total myth story--right?

thelastgreatman
03-04-2008, 02:42 AM
The Matrix, no question. The machines might have a much more well-defined upper hand in the Matrix, but they're more or less "human"- that is, they're not all bent on human destruction, and it's possible to reason with them.

The machines in The Matrix are fucking retarded. If Artificial Intelligence can't figure out a better way of manufacturing power than growing humans it isn't fucking intelligent at all. That whole premise was so preposterous from an energy efficiency perspective it ruined any chance the series ever had to be seen as anything more than just a blatant rip-off of Terminator revisioned as a blatant rip-off of Star Wars with William Gibson's bullshit acting as The Force.

Young blood
03-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Ol5IrnYIfI0

greghead
03-04-2008, 04:40 PM
But, terminators? Fuck. And those planes they roll with? I dunno. Skynet can bring it.

Straight up.

Wheres the beef?
03-05-2008, 06:36 PM
The machines in The Matrix are fucking retarded. If Artificial Intelligence can't figure out a better way of manufacturing power than growing humans it isn't fucking intelligent at all. That whole premise was so preposterous from an energy efficiency perspective it ruined any chance the series ever had to be seen as anything more than just a blatant rip-off of Terminator revisioned as a blatant rip-off of Star Wars with William Gibson's bullshit acting as The Force.

So are you calling the Matrix a pussy?

thelastgreatman
03-05-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm calling The Matrix a dumb pussy and daring it to robot punch this face.

Wheres the beef?
03-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm calling The Matrix a dumb pussy and daring it to robot punch this face.

That face is going to get you in trouble. I saw it on a terrorist watch list last week.

thelastgreatman
03-08-2008, 09:18 AM
That face is going to get you in trouble. I saw it on a terrorist watch list last week.

TRY and put this face on a terrorist watch list. I DARE YOU.

amyzzz
03-09-2008, 12:19 AM
I think it'd be easier to kill the matrix than skynet. Hey, I tied it!

Wheres the beef?
03-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Yeah whats up with that?

thelastgreatman
03-09-2008, 04:23 AM
I just don't buy it can possibly be that difficult to outwit a computer collective that doesn't realize it'd be smarter to keep all their human "power generators" sedated beyond the point of ever awakening than to go to the extraneous hassle of inventing a fake world just like their old world for them to all daydream in constantly. Like such smart machines couldn't find a way to pump them all full of thorazine rendering them unable of movement or wakefulness but at the same time body heat induction chemicals to up their energy ooutput.

The whole shit is ridiculous. At least Skynet was simple and logical therefore singular in purpose and methodology--and that's hard to defeat. The Matrix had some bearded philosophical douchebag running it (completely contrary to how a compouter system should logically run), effectively rendering it a large computer network at the control of one not-human-enough intelligence. Skynet was the IG88 equivalent of The Matrix's Boba Fett--a robot cannot be bribed, and is therefore more trustworty.

fikus222
03-16-2008, 12:29 AM
The Matrix would be easier to defeat.

Wheres the beef?
03-16-2008, 12:41 AM
How so? Most of the lackeys in the movie couldnt fight Mr. Smith. They always ran. They never really fought the matrix.

fikus222
03-16-2008, 01:12 AM
Thinking of the Matrix as a lucid dream will enable you to attain similar abilities to those Neo was able to develop within the matrix.

Skynet is real and therefore requires you to fight conventionally, no parlor tricks to fall back on.

Wheres the beef?
03-16-2008, 01:21 AM
Thinking of the Matrix as a lucid dream will enable you to attain similar abilities to those Neo was able to develop within the matrix.

Skynet is real and therefore requires you to fight conventionally, no parlor tricks to fall back on.

Yeah, but fighting the matrix in the matrix is fighting it on its terms. At least when fighting skynet there is no "home field advantage".

fikus222
03-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Yeah, but fighting the matrix in the matrix is fighting it on its terms. At least when fighting skynet there is no "home field advantage".

Skynet has the home field advantage, in that it has access to the manufacturing centers, whereas the human survivors must rely upon scavenging and jerry rigging.

The Matrix rebels fight in an electronic arena where you can overcome the programming and in the 'real' world, where they have been able able to rebuild their home base how many times ?

With Skynet you only get one chance to win.

Wheres the beef?
03-16-2008, 02:13 AM
Indeed. But what does fighting the matrix inside the computers really do? Not much. The battle still needs to be waged in real life. At least with skynet you aren't lulled into some fantasy world. That way you can maintain razor sharp instincts to hunt terminators.

fikus222
03-16-2008, 02:19 AM
Indeed. But what does fighting the matrix inside the computers really do? Not much. The battle still needs to be waged in real life. At least with skynet you aren't lulled into some fantasy world. That way you can maintain razor sharp instincts to hunt terminators.

I think we have the same argument now...I originally said that the Matrix would be easier to defeat. With that being the case, I would still prefer to fight Skynet.

I think that winning within the Matrix does have an effect upon their 'real' world. If the center does not hold the rest will come tumbling down.