PDA

View Full Version : The Official Dance/Trance/Electro DJ's Poll 08'

The Daft
03-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Im not sure how to do that cool graph where you can get percentages, but here are what I think the danciest DJ's poll should be.

If you dont agree.....cool.. just write in a new DJ.

Justice
Sasha & Digweed
Deadmau5......(whom i strongly recommend you see)
Above & Beyond
Fatboy Slim
Booka Shade
Simian Mobile Disco
Boys Noize
Erol Alkan
Danny Tenaglia
Calvin Harris
Junkie XL
Adam Freeland

If I didnt mention any others.... thats because I dont know much about them so maybe you can tell me if its worth it to see.

52 days....

ayoo_BEN
03-03-2008, 01:05 PM
DIPLOOOO!!!!!!!

boredofcanada
03-03-2008, 01:29 PM
modeselektor

nationocean
03-03-2008, 01:31 PM
gee another person who thinks justice is the second coming of christ..

Serge
03-03-2008, 01:37 PM
JAMES ZABIELA

Sonicifyouwantit
03-03-2008, 01:43 PM
gee another person who thinks justice is the second coming of christ..

well they are christian dance arent they?? (kidding)

nationocean
03-03-2008, 01:50 PM
and they are playing on sunday. kinda like going to church.. and they even have a cross!

i see it now..

Sonicifyouwantit
03-03-2008, 01:57 PM
what if people get on their knees and pray during their set

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh52/sonicifyouwantit/64001839.jpg

uscrocks003
03-03-2008, 02:17 PM
hahahahahahahahah "christian dance". "christian" is basically like its own sub genre for music now

Chemical Whore
03-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Deep Dish

Tijuana
03-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Deep Dish

Deep Dish is not on the list moron

MassiveChemicalPunk
03-05-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't know about you, but I downloaded the album by "Does It Offend You, Yeah" and it's pretty fucking amazing.!!!

betao
03-05-2008, 04:48 PM
another thread discussing the EDM of coachella this year. Yay.

gratytrainridesagain
03-05-2008, 04:49 PM
I did like most of this stuff but this board is really starting to ruin it for me

Kurosawa
03-05-2008, 06:15 PM
I did like most of this stuff but this board is really starting to ruin it for me

Maybe you should, I dunno, go outside?

On topic: JAMES F'N ZABIELA!!1

instinct
03-06-2008, 03:24 PM

Cool.. DJ's.. Didn't know EDM was all dj's.

instinct
03-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Im not sure how to do that cool graph where you can get percentages, but here are what I think the danciest DJ's poll should be.

Justice
Sasha & Digweed
Deadmau5......(whom i strongly recommend you see)
Above & Beyond
Fatboy Slim
Booka Shade
Simian Mobile Disco
Boys Noize
Erol Alkan
Danny Tenaglia
Calvin Harris
Junkie XL
Adam Freeland

If I didnt mention any others.... thats because I dont know much about them so maybe you can tell me if its worth it to see.

52 days....

ps. you forgot KRAFTWERK.

kreutz2112
03-06-2008, 04:04 PM
modeselektor

xbnmx
03-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Mother fucking Curses is going to be the biggest dance party of the weekend. Ever heard of a little heavy bass artist out of new York known as DROP THE LIME?

Don't forget his Terror Club buddies Para One and Surkin either.

And no one likes Sandra Collins?

Robototron
03-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Mother fucking Curses is going to be the biggest dance party of the weekend. Ever heard of a little heavy bass artist out of new York known as DROP THE LIME?

I think I listened to We Never Sleep more than any other album in 2006. I was obsessed with it for weeks, months even. The album cover is still the background on my cell phone.

HEADSTRUCK
03-06-2008, 07:36 PM

Don't forget his Terror Club buddies Para One and Surkin either.

And no one likes Sandra Collins?

drop the lime is dope stuff, and no nobody likes sandra collins.....she a worn out drunk

Blintz
03-06-2008, 07:47 PM
ps. you forgot KRAFTWERK.

all right, i really don't know why people toss "EDM" around but don't know what it means. kraftwerk is electronic, yes, but it's probably more like synthpop. as for does it offend you, yeah and stuff like that- definitely dancey, but they're just synthed-up pop-punk bands with laptops and keyboards. i wouldn't call that true EDM. the real deal would be more like danny tenaglia, adam freeland, sasha & digweed, etc (justice too, even though they're part of this whole weird "dance rock" trend)

Jimbezy
03-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Booka Shade if and only if they bring lots of shade!
=P

rage patton
03-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Anyone who likes electronic music, and misses Kraftwerk... doesn't actually like electronic music.

malcolmjamalawesome
03-06-2008, 08:42 PM
I feel the Dave Wang Sahara Tent thread is the flagship Sahara Tent thread. Thank you for your time.

rideincircles
03-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Justice will own it, like they did in Dallas Tuesday.
JFjrp6-uBEE
No one else will come close. I really kicked myself in the ass for seeing Girl Talk over Justice last year.
Dan Deacon will be fun though.

thom cobain
03-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Friday
fatboy slim
sandra collins
adam freeland

Saturday
sasha digweed
kraftwerk
james zabiela

Sunday
sucks

marooko
03-07-2008, 04:49 PM
none of these guys are playing coachella, but if you want some good house music, get anything that says Fabric, London. Jesus fucking Christ they some some bad ass DJ's. I just got Hipp-e and Halo, Fabric 07 from 02. fucking dope.

anyway, yeah, you must see Danny Tenaglia.

Tijuana
03-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Friday
fatboy slim
sandra collins
adam freeland

Saturday
sasha digweed
kraftwerk
james zabiela

Sunday
sucks

I beg to differ on Sunday suckin. Danny Tenglia alone is worth the price of admission, top it off with Justice. This makes it way better than Saturday.

betao
03-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Friday
fatboy slim
sandra collins
adam freeland

Saturday
sasha digweed
kraftwerk
james zabiela

Sunday
sucks

If you think Sunday sucks, then it is because you have yet to experience the insanity that is Booka Shade live.

summerkid
03-10-2008, 11:03 PM
seriously, sunday is pretty awesome: Justice, Modeselektor, Booka Shade, Simian Mobile Disco.

denies the day
03-11-2008, 12:08 AM
If you think Sunday sucks, then it is because you have yet to experience the insanity that is Booka Shade live.

Really? Insanity? The few Booka Shade tracks I've heard have been kinda boring. And that "JJJ Mixup" set is not very interesting either although I assume it's just a DJ set. Am I missing something crucial here?

Sunday does seem to be the weakest day, even with Justice, Modeselektor, and SMD.

betao
03-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Really? Insanity? The few Booka Shade tracks I've heard have been kinda boring. And that "JJJ Mixup" set is not very interesting either although I assume it's just a DJ set. Am I missing something crucial here?

Sunday does seem to be the weakest day, even with Justice, Modeselektor, and SMD.

You have every right to think that if all you have heard is studio tracks. I saw them last August, not having heard anything by them before. They blew me away, and had the entire crowd. Trust me, their live show is complete opposite from what their studio tracks are like.

If you want to move, then do not miss Booka Shade.