PDA

View Full Version : motel 6 palm springs?

ayoo_BEN
03-03-2008, 11:41 AM
anyone stayed there before? how is it? how far is it from the festival?

JustSteve
03-03-2008, 11:49 AM
it's a motel 6, so it's a dump...but it's cheap. a good 30-45 minutes with no traffic.

ayoo_BEN
03-03-2008, 11:53 AM
hah, i've stayed in worse i'm sure. but yeah that is good. its 50 per night. but i'm afraid if i book it then i'll miss some acts in the morning. =[ i assume all the local hotels are booked up?

JustSteve
03-03-2008, 12:04 PM
yup, most likely. bands don't start til noon, though, don't worry about that.

jimmycrackcorn
03-03-2008, 03:54 PM
there are actually 2 in palm springs... the one on indian canyon has security and is a newer 3 story building... the older one on E. palm canyon is a old 2 story building...
if you have a choice go with the new one on indian canyon

ArcadeParade
03-03-2008, 04:08 PM
I stayed at the 2 story one for 1 night...it was NASTY.

Travelodge down the street was much better..

scoop49er
03-03-2008, 06:28 PM
i stayed at the one right off the highway in palm springs last year. 2 story, next to a dennys, gas stations, 30-35 min to festival no problem at all. if u r looking to be fancy, this is not the place, but if u need a place to crash and just get some rest, i had no problems here last year. people were friendly, dennys was ok for being dennys, its all good. plus its right off the highway and that was such a plus at night when u r tired..

lubita77
03-04-2008, 06:30 AM
no, not all hotels are booked. I spent last week calling and writing every hotel I found asking about fees and rooms available and turn out there are still plenty of options.

[]s!
g.

JustSteve
03-04-2008, 08:41 AM
i stayed at the one right off the highway in palm springs last year. 2 story, next to a dennys, gas stations, 30-35 min to festival no problem at all. if u r looking to be fancy, this is not the place, but if u need a place to crash and just get some rest, i had no problems here last year. people were friendly, dennys was ok for being dennys, its all good. plus its right off the highway and that was such a plus at night when u r tired..

i think i was at the same one...the one where some asshole busted the back side window on the expedition i borrowed from a family memebr. the motel 6 employees were fuckheads about it, could barely get them to write down the indio police number for me.

scoop49er
03-04-2008, 08:52 AM
i had a decent time there. maybe cuz ive learned to always make nice with the locals. if i see a guy who i know looks like a local and drifting a bit, ill offer a beer or change or whatever.. i guess cuz i used to have to always stay in dives... the motel 6 is not a dive. its decent enough and affordable if u r on a budget, just know how to handle ur business.

JustSteve
03-04-2008, 09:04 AM
no, this was probably some over testosteroned rage fan...nothing was even gone through inside the car...not even the backpack i left in there that had my brand new $1000 dvd cam in it. so guessing since nothing was rummaged through it was just some kid who thought it would be fun to throw a rock through a window.

scoop49er
03-04-2008, 01:30 PM
yeah i hear ya. some fuckers just dont get it u know..