PDA

View Full Version : ATTN SMOKERS / Barefoot Thread

Edmontonian
03-03-2008, 09:27 AM
ATTN SMOKERS: Due to the heat and the general hippy nature of the festival, many festival-goers will choose to ditch their shoes for the feel of soft grass of the polo fields between their toes. PLEASE do not litter with cigarette butts, and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you must smoke and litter then at least make sure your butts are completely extinguished (ie. test for heat with your fingers) before tossing them! last year I had the unpleasant experience of stepping on a lit cigarette in the dark and damn did it sting and scare the crap out of me! That goes for roaches as well.

ATTN MUSICLOVERS: SO in explanation of the above statement, last year on Friday me and my friends wore shoes and found our feet became incredibly hot/sweaty. We noticed a large number of people going barefoot and since my parents have a summer cabin on a lake where I ran around barefoot for most of my childhood/teenage years I was all up ons.
The first day we carried our shoes around, then sat and sun we left them in the tent. There is no gravel anywhere near, and the polo pitch grass is incredibly pleasant, plus due to the dry heat of the desert it tends to stay quite clean and definitely does not attract mud (though there is a patch of sandy road between the campsite and the parking lot, but the dust in the air will cake you within a few hours so it didn't really bother us a lot). I therefore HIGHLY RECOMMEND making like a hobbit/hippy and going barefoot it is absolutely splendid, with the only major risks being cigarette butts as I have noted above (though I was the only one in my group unfortunate enough to step on one, and i jumped off immediately so there was no actual burn damage; therefore I deem it to be worth the risk).

JustSteve
03-03-2008, 09:34 AM
i would be more worried about spit/puke/piss/etc. than a lit cig.

captncrzy
03-03-2008, 09:34 AM
I only go barefoot during the day; the shoes go on around 5 or so.

ruetheday
03-03-2008, 09:47 AM
going barefoot is disgusting. I hate fucking hippies and their stupid ideas. Fuck you. I'm going to purposely not put my cigarettes out in hopes that you step on them.

SFChrissy
03-03-2008, 09:51 AM
That goes for roaches as well.

Toughen up dude I put roaches out on my tongue and roaches don't stay lit long enough for you to come along, step on them and get burned by your calloused foot...just say'n!!!

meyouseek
03-03-2008, 09:51 AM
How about we avoid throwing anything on the ground? I went to the Download festival in England a couple years ago and it was a filthy shithole.

Everyone likes to be able to collapse onto clean grass.... aaaaaaahhhhh.

JustSteve
03-03-2008, 09:53 AM
i am going to throw my up just for you....

BeHereNOW
03-03-2008, 10:00 AM
How about we avoid throwing anything on the ground? I went to the Download festival in England a couple years ago and it was a filthy shithole.

every fest in europe end up being a shithole.... i guess because of the rain and mud.... shithole indeed

Sexecutioner
03-03-2008, 10:03 AM
my girlfriend stepped on a lit cig last year also. she was not happy about it.

HEADSTRUCK
03-03-2008, 10:18 AM
just wear sandals if u dont wanna wear shoes. an ex of mine steped on a piece of glass at lolla a few years ago and that fucked up her weekend. her own fault for going barefoot though.

meyouseek
03-03-2008, 10:21 AM
every fest in europe end up being a shithole.... i guess because of the rain and mud.... shithole indeed

The weather for Download '06 was great, so mud wasn't a problem. It was the trash all over the place that got out of hand.

Oh yeah. If you do toss your plastic water/soda bottle on the ground, take the cap off first. They're really easy to slip on when you step on them with the caps on. Kinda like a mini rolling log.

shakermaker113
03-03-2008, 10:46 AM
I always go barefoot until about sunset, then my shoes go back on. I've never had a problem stepping on anything.

don't forget to put sunblock on your feet.

sandles are not an acceptable substitute for going barefoot.

thelastgreatman
03-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Put some fucking shoes on you maniacs.

krk67
03-03-2008, 11:10 AM
I have a great idea -- how about if no one litters at all?

There are trash cans all over the place. It's not that hard to toss your used crap (water bottles, extinguished cigarette butts, uneaten chinese food, underwear that you decided just weren't comfortable anymore, etc) where it belongs.

I never litter and really don't understand how people feel OK just dumping their shit wherever they feel like it.

thelastgreatman
03-03-2008, 11:28 AM

There are trash cans all over the place. It's not that hard to toss your used crap (water bottles, extinguished cigarette butts, uneaten chinese food, underwear that you decided just weren't comfortable anymore, etc) where it belongs.

I never litter and really don't understand how people feel OK just dumping their shit wherever they feel like it.

Hey--this is America, pal. You don't like it, get out.

The perfect excuse for any and every pointlessly selfish attitude one can have. Between "this is America" and "you know--free will, and shit" there is never a need for accountability. =)

Cancersticks1
03-03-2008, 11:35 AM
ask me nicely after you walk through shit piss and puke and maybe I'll cleanse your feet with fire.

bartelby
03-03-2008, 12:35 PM
the shoeless chella experience is always the best...grossness be damned!

faxman75
03-03-2008, 12:38 PM
We are not children in the giant room with a bunch of balls or at chuckEcheese. Please put on shoes. If you don't, you may step on something like a lit cigarette.

Thank you. Also, feet smell worse than ciggs do, so please wash your feet if you are wearing flip flops/sandals or anything like that.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-03-2008, 02:06 PM
going barefoot is disgusting. I hate fucking hippies and their stupid ideas. Fuck you. I'm going to purposely not put my cigarettes out in hopes that you step on them.

actually going barefoot is not that bad and has nothing to do with hippies which I really dont like either. Feels nice in the tents in the beginning of the day but later its a good idea to put those sandals/shoes back on.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-03-2008, 02:07 PM
ask me nicely after you walk through shit piss and puke and maybe I'll cleanse your feet with fire.

Ive never seen anyone just take a piss in the middle of a crowd. Usually they reserve that for the outhouses or at least behind a tent where no one walks.

clumsy342
03-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Also, change heats up really good in the California sun.

My friend stepped on a penny. Pretty goddamn funny.

chiapet
03-03-2008, 02:46 PM
The grass was pretty clean, and while I wouldn't walk around like that, it's nice to sit or stand and watch a show like that. I seriously don't remember smelling funky feet over the BO of every guy who was sweating his ass off and hadn't showered. :P

Cheddar's Cousin
03-03-2008, 03:16 PM
~goes to buy a case of thumb tacks~

Sexecutioner
03-03-2008, 03:26 PM
i usually switch off between sandals and being barefoot. most of the time sandals, but if im parked in one spot for a while, or just feel like giving my feet some freedom, i'll go barefoot for a bit. its too fuckin hot out there for shoes. and after walking around a while in whatever footwear you prefer, taking off your shoes and feeling the soft grass under your feet feels pretty damn good. i highly suggest it.

MusicIsMyBoyfriend
03-03-2008, 04:39 PM
I rocked flip flops last year, but when standing all day even those hurt the soles, so I took them off various times during the day and let my feet enjoy the spongy grass and it was lovely....

Except when I stepped on a lit cig butt. Haha, but I'm not complaining.... much. That's just the risk when you go barefoot. It did sting, but didn't do any major damage. Having gone in tennies before, which is feet torture, I'll take the risk of cig butt burn anyday. And I'm not even a hippie. As for dirty feet.... That's what baby wipes (during the fest) and a good pedicure (afterward) are for.

Astrid
03-03-2008, 04:48 PM
underwear that you decided just weren't comfortable anymore
um....WHAT?

do people really do such things? i was under the impression people who didnt like wearing underwear, just dont. do people really get bored of their skivvies mid-day and just say hey fuck it i'm taking this shit off...?

anyways, walking barefoot is nice, i enjoy it. but you have to realize you are taking a risk. people shouldn't litter, its lazy and it's fucked, but you have to take responsibility for your own well-being. if you aren't smart enough to think, "wow, i'm not wearing shoes and i'm surrounded by thousands of lazy disgusting bastards, i should look where i step", then i'm sorry for you.

Cancersticks1
03-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Peruse these threads and consider.

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7036

I went barefoot one year, it did feel nice I'll give you that, trying to chisel the gum off my heel was a bitch though, and after the things I've heard and seen since, I'll never do it again.

chiapet
03-03-2008, 06:23 PM
The baby wipes are key. I also took showers after the festival each night, I don't like sleeping covered in sweat and dust.

Daft Fro
03-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Eh, I only go barefoot on the Camping grounds.

You should realize that your feet will get tore up if you try to get close to any stage/tent.

HEADSTRUCK
03-03-2008, 08:31 PM
do people really get bored of their skivvies mid-day and just say hey fuck it i'm taking this shit off....

haha, that just made my day. thanks, its been a bad one 2.

boarderwoozel3
03-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Ummmm, you're on a polo field. Do have any idea how much horse fecal matter there is in that grass???

And yes, I do put out my cigs before tossing them.

cansei de ser sexme
03-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Ive never seen anyone just take a piss in the middle of a crowd. Usually they reserve that for the outhouses or at least behind a tent where no one walks.

i piss in bottles all the time in crowds.

About that would you rather i kept the lid on or off when i liter? just saying...

boarderwoozel3
03-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Ever got your tip stuck in the bottle, if only for a moment of panic?

cansei de ser sexme
03-03-2008, 09:03 PM
i urinate in gatorade bottles. especially the lemon lime to trick the thirsty people.

chiapet
03-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Ever got your tip stuck in the bottle, if only for a moment of panic?

Are we talking wide mouth or standard?

cansei de ser sexme
03-03-2008, 09:14 PM
what if you start pissing in a standard, and then you see like a really hot girl dancing too fast, so you get a boner, and you cant pull it off?

shakermaker113
03-03-2008, 09:22 PM
I don't know why people get antsy about how dirty the ground might be. do you realize how little it matters if the bottom of your feet get dirty?

if you step on glass, now that's a problem. not too much glass at coachella though.

boarderwoozel3
03-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Are we talking wide mouth or standard?

I don't think itís possible in standard. Assumed he was talking about the wide mouth bottles.

cansei de ser sexme
03-03-2008, 09:47 PM
it would take effort to fit the tip into a standard. and getting it out would not be good. Wide-mouthed, gatorade bottle or giant aquafina bottle.

boarderwoozel3
03-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Srsly, I hear that. If the tip of most cocks got into the top of a standard water bottle there would be problems.

chiapet
03-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Hey I was just clarifying, and frankly didn't think this thread could get any more ridiculous, but I was wrong.

boarderwoozel3
03-03-2008, 10:13 PM
I aim to please.

cansei de ser sexme
03-03-2008, 10:20 PM
:) that was a good one

thelastgreatman
03-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Here's the much more important question related to pissing in bottles:

Ever been pissing into an empty bottle in a car and realized that you clearly had more piss to be evacuated than the bottle could hold?

THAT is panic, friends.

Cheddar's Cousin
03-04-2008, 08:19 AM
I always cary 2 bottles.

and...it can be done in a standard bottle. You just need to aim.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Ummmm, you're on a polo field. Do have any idea how much horse fecal matter there is in that grass???

And yes, I do put out my cigs before tossing them.

none. If you look at the score board it faces the parking lot. Besides people are sitting on the field too and laying on the field. I doubt after all these years GV is gonna just have everyone walking and laying around in horse crap.

amyzzz
03-04-2008, 04:37 PM

Ever been pissing into an empty bottle in a car and realized that you clearly had more piss to be evacuated than the bottle could hold?

THAT is panic, friends.
Get a gallon-sized ziplock bag. I did that in '05.

jimmycrackcorn
03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
forget about cherries from cigarettes, urine, and fecal matter; what about all the AIDZ NEEDLES!? :eek:

BROKENDOLL
03-04-2008, 10:09 PM
none. If you look at the score board it faces the parking lot. Besides people are sitting on the field too and laying on the field. I doubt after all these years GV is gonna just have everyone walking and laying around in horse crap. Let me clue you in on all of this horseshit talk...I used to tend bar during the polo season in the clubhouse that overlooks the campsite afew years ago, as well as that little cantina acrossed the field. The whole camping area was used for polo and the sidelines were where the players tied their horses between matches...Trust me, a horse can eat and shit all at the same time, as well as gallop across the field in a high goal match doing the same...I wouldn't get too cozy in the grass, kids...

Sonicifyouwantit
03-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Let me clue you in on all of this horseshit talk...I used to tend bar during the polo season in the clubhouse that overlooks the campsite afew years ago, as well as that little cantina acrossed the field. The whole camping area was used for polo and the sidelines were where the players tied their horses between matches...Trust me, a horse can eat and shit all at the same time, as well as gallop across the field in a high goal match doing the same...I wouldn't get too cozy in the grass, kids...

I dont camp, so theres a good chance I wont be around it...besides its just dried hay...and they ate it on jackass so it cant be that bad, haha.

Wheres the beef?
03-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Hey--this is America, pal. You don't like it, get out.

The perfect excuse for any and every pointlessly selfish attitude one can have. Between "this is America" and "you know--free will, and shit" there is never a need for accountability. =)

'Merica. Fuck Yeah!

shakermaker113
03-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Let me clue you in on all of this horseshit talk...I used to tend bar during the polo season in the clubhouse that overlooks the campsite afew years ago, as well as that little cantina acrossed the field. The whole camping area was used for polo and the sidelines were where the players tied their horses between matches...Trust me, a horse can eat and shit all at the same time, as well as gallop across the field in a high goal match doing the same...I wouldn't get too cozy in the grass, kids...

fertilizer.

fatbastard
03-09-2008, 10:56 PM
I only go barefoot in the backyard on summer days. I hose the back yard down and BBQ.

To do it anywhere is fuckin disgusting to me. With that said, the grass at Coachella is quite manicured.

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
03-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Empire Polo Field

No shoes, no shit, no problem!

fiopadp7791
03-12-2008, 05:46 AM
It would be so perfect to post a youtube clip of the Fast Times at Ridgemont High scene where Spicoli and his friends walk in without their shirts or shoes on. But Youtube doesn't have a clip of that (they do, but it's of awful quality)...

But the line is still classic-
"no shirt, no shoes, no dice"

fatbastard
03-12-2008, 05:57 AM
I remember what I was going to mention. If your going barefoot, please remember to put shoes on before going to the restrooms. Yeah, plenty of people do not.

jonnypark
03-12-2008, 10:44 AM
also are the american spirits going to be back next year, I would love a reason to chain smoke

SFChrissy
03-12-2008, 10:59 AM
They are there every year!!!

jonnypark
03-12-2008, 11:10 AM
thats almost as good news as Aphex/goldfrapp/red kross

Shogun
03-12-2008, 11:22 AM

THAT is panic, friends.

lmao i've found myself in that situation before. Had to do the agonizing hold so I could position myself to piss out the window. And that window never seemed to go down slower than it did that day.

summerkid
03-12-2008, 11:24 AM
i'd be more concerned with needles if i were walking around barefoot specifically AIDZ NEEDLEZ!

gratytrainridesagain
03-12-2008, 11:28 AM
i'd be more concerned with needles if i were walking around barefoot specifically AIDZ NEEDLEZ!

Sorry a summerkid youre a little late

forget about cherries from cigarettes, urine, and fecal matter; what about all the AIDZ NEEDLES!? :eek:

localdesertrat
03-12-2008, 04:53 PM
so how did you use the port-o-potie?

musicfan66
03-20-2008, 03:08 AM
I usually wear sandals when I'm walking from stage to stage, but usually take them off when I'm listening to a band. Luckily, I've never stepped on cigarette butts, but I usually pay close attention to where I'm stepping. I'd never wear tennis shoes, too damn hot!

sbessiso
03-20-2008, 07:11 AM
Sorry a summerkid youre a little late

ha! i was thinking the same thing

*foghorn*

MeowMixer
03-20-2008, 07:32 AM
I AM ALMOST ON EVERY MAIN PAGE THREAD.

sbessiso
03-20-2008, 07:34 AM
i saw! i'm kinda following you around meowmixer

MeowMixer
03-20-2008, 07:36 AM
That is cool mr.sbessiso have a gud time.

MeowMixer
03-20-2008, 07:37 AM
btw, btw stands for by the way right?

Cancersticks1
03-20-2008, 09:02 AM
btw, btw stands for by the way right?

actually,
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10209541A~Booker-T-Washington-Posters.jpg

people are way into Booker T Washington on these boards, it's weird.

sbessiso
03-20-2008, 09:05 AM
well i do love peanut butter and peanut related products

edit: whoops thats the other black washington

Cancersticks1
03-20-2008, 09:07 AM
well i do love peanut butter and peanut related products

edit: whoops thats the other black washington

sigged.

sbessiso
03-20-2008, 09:09 AM
i'm honored

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
03-20-2008, 09:49 AM
i'm not wearing shoes early in the day cuz my feet get stinky, and i'll be on hard drugs. what's worse than stinky feet on hard drugs? put em on about 4 or 5 for the evenings.

Cancersticks1
03-20-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm sure they'll smell springtime fresh after walking around barefoot all day.

sbessiso
03-20-2008, 01:08 PM
zing!

summerkid
03-20-2008, 02:37 PM
I wasn't joking though, I was walking around the campsite barefoot and one of the employees warned me about how they find a lot of used needles on the ground "from diabetics".

CalmerThanYou
03-20-2008, 02:50 PM
PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE DONT STAB ME WITH AIDZ THREAD IMMEDIATELY.

Also dude, that would be fucking horrible. What if you didnt even need insulin?

:/

Cancersticks1
03-20-2008, 04:52 PM
doesn't insulin need to be refrigerated? my friend always left his supplies at the medical tent, who's carrying that stuff around with them?

CalmerThanYou
03-20-2008, 05:10 PM
doesn't insulin need to be refrigerated? my friend always left his supplies at the medical tent, who's carrying that stuff around with them?

Ahem, that was in reference to the needles quote above; no diabetics leave them laying around. H bomb.

Blinken
03-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Diabetics who also like heroin. I had a house mate a few years back who both a diabetic and junkie. So whenever he got rolled by the cops and they found needles in his backpack, he would get out of it by saying that they were for his insulin.

thelastgreatman
03-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Note to self: start carrying insulin around.

CalmerThanYou
03-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Note to self: start carrying insulin around.

ha!

uniform72
03-22-2008, 01:03 AM
Coachella has to be one of the few festivals in the world where you can go barefoot. I've done it the last two years during the day. I bring my shoes with me and there's a point in the early evening where the shoes have to go back on (due to accumulated debris). Until then it's bliss. Although last year the field was pretty tore up in the Sahara by Sunday...

fikus222
03-22-2008, 03:32 AM
You wouldn't be so pissed off at smokers if you realized how much taxes were tacked onto each pack of cigarettes. it has almost gotten to the point of being comparable to that of the gas taxes.

BTW sandles ruin your body structure, so its a good thing we don't have socialized health care, or is it ?

donthasselthehof
03-22-2008, 03:59 AM
you should be thanking us smokers

fikus222
03-22-2008, 04:00 AM
you should be thanking us smokers

Goddamn right !!!!

Astrid
03-22-2008, 04:08 AM
also are the american spirits going to be back next year, I would love a reason to chain smoke

confusion....are you talking about them selling them inside? american spirits are sold pretty much everywhere year round...? and they sell smokes inside for like $10...?

i kind of miss smoking the spirits. those were good times.

fikus222
03-22-2008, 04:10 AM
American Spirits Lights are the only cigarettes that I smoke, going strong since 1999.

Astrid
03-22-2008, 04:39 AM
mm. i started with regular spirits, then for some reason switched to lights, which i liked a lot better. but they became too expensive for me, so i switched to camel filters. which i loved up until they recently changed the blend. i don't know what the fuck i'm going to do now...oh my...

HEADSTRUCK
03-22-2008, 07:49 AM
confusion....are you talking about them selling them inside? american spirits are sold pretty much everywhere year round...? and they sell smokes inside for like $10...?

i kind of miss smoking the spirits. those were good times.
they had a tent and u could go in there and show id and they gave u three free packs

sbessiso
03-22-2008, 11:05 AM
so someone's gonna get some smokes for me then, right?

HEADSTRUCK
03-22-2008, 11:44 AM
u can have 2 of my packs if they do it again, i dont really like them 2 much.

sbessiso
03-22-2008, 11:48 AM
you know, me neither, but I AM a fan of free cigarettes

HEADSTRUCK
03-22-2008, 11:52 AM
yeah thats why i will keep a pack of them but after that i wont be able to smoke them anymore.......i gave them away last year too

sbessiso
03-22-2008, 11:53 AM
we're talking about american spirits right? blech, I wish there was a Camel tent

HEADSTRUCK
03-22-2008, 11:54 AM
yep and YEP!!!

sbessiso
03-22-2008, 11:56 AM
those will just be the Emergency Cigarettes

HEADSTRUCK
03-22-2008, 11:57 AM
i always bring a carton will me on vacation just in case, can always take them home.

sbessiso
03-22-2008, 12:06 PM
I can't buy a whole carton of cigs....I just can't

g0k1ngsg0
03-22-2008, 01:18 PM
we're talking about american spirits right? blech, I wish there was a Camel tent

Fuck camels dude, they made my shit-list with the new tobacco blend... I'm in search of a new brand now. if you haven't heard yet, go down to your local liqour store and stock up on all the camel lights you can!

fikus222
03-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Fuck camels dude, they made my shit-list with the new tobacco blend... I'm in search of a new brand now. if you haven't heard yet, go down to your local liqour store and stock up on all the camel lights you can!

They are always doing weird things w/ their blends, I remember when they had an American blend available in Europe. The box was decorated in pastel colors, they tasted okay, for Camels that is.

sbessiso
03-22-2008, 01:27 PM
I havent actually smoked a cig in some time, they changed thier blend? it seems like it sucks

g0k1ngsg0
03-22-2008, 01:33 PM
yea, it sucks. but it's ok for now, I stocked up on 2 cartons, so I don't have to worry about it for like 2 weeks. lol.

the new blend is basically the turkish royals/gold, I kinda liked them every once in a while, but not full time.

sbessiso
03-22-2008, 01:35 PM
turkish silver/gold?

i thoroughly enjoyed those if i remember correctly

g0k1ngsg0
03-22-2008, 01:43 PM
I did too, when they weren't full time! i always got sick of them eventually and wet back to camel lights. but i'd usually by them when they had the buy 1 get 1 free deals.

I'm gonna miss camel lights, they have been my staple for years.

sbessiso
03-22-2008, 01:45 PM
tough times ahead my friend

i've quit smoking, havent had one in don't know how long, but im pretty sure im gonna be taking it up again exclusively for coachella

g0k1ngsg0
03-22-2008, 01:48 PM
yea, thanks. I'll get over it though. LOL

HEADSTRUCK
03-22-2008, 02:00 PM
I havent actually smoked a cig in some time, they changed thier blend? it seems like it sucks

they did, i been buyn soft packs cause they still are the old ones. kinda pissed they did that. i am gunna switch to something else after i cant find them anymore.

HEADSTRUCK
03-22-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm gonna miss camel lights, they have been my staple for years.

me too! :(

sbessiso
03-22-2008, 02:01 PM
i've been so out of the loop. you guys, keep me updated on whats a good replacement

(i've never smoked camel lights before)

g0k1ngsg0
03-22-2008, 02:06 PM
i used to smoke winston's back in the day, maybe i'll give them a try again.

HEADSTRUCK
03-22-2008, 02:19 PM
i smoke parlament lights for a bit when they had buy 1 get 1 for awhile so i might go to those just to protest camel switching.

boarderwoozel3
03-22-2008, 02:47 PM
Camel definitely screwed me by messing with their lights... idiots.

Maybe I'll give parliaments a try again, good suggestion.

Cancersticks1
03-23-2008, 08:07 AM
the new camel lights aren't that bad, but i agree, parliament just took the lead.

HEADSTRUCK
03-23-2008, 08:29 AM
its not that they are bad but that they change something perfect for no reason.

Cancersticks1
03-23-2008, 08:44 AM
furthermore, before they changed they sent me a promo pack. it was this huge box that opened up trifold to show the original packaging, the classic packaging, and then in the middle an empty pack of the new kind, all that was in it was one dollar off coupon. it was the most grossly overkill thing ever.

uniform72
03-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Isn't messing with Camel Lights kinda like changing the formula of Coca-Cola?

Oh, I guess they did that anyway.

miscorrections
03-23-2008, 10:14 AM
I like Marlboro flip top box. I like Winston flip top box. I like Koooool flip top box. F-f-f-Flip top box, f-f-f-flip top box.

amyzzz
03-23-2008, 01:22 PM

vxgasattack
03-27-2008, 02:09 PM
After reading this thread I'm really deliberating about whether I wanna take the shoes off and go barefoot a little bit at Coachella this year. I wanted to last year but didn't. Gotta live a little.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-27-2008, 02:33 PM
After reading this thread I'm really deliberating about whether I wanna take the shoes off and go barefoot a little bit at Coachella this year. I wanted to last year but didn't. Gotta live a little.

Ive done it every year since 2005, dont let the fear mongers talk you out of it. GO BAREFOOT!

bobert
03-27-2008, 03:24 PM

The hard-working people of Indio make a pretty penny picking up my litter. Think of the hundreds of groundskeepers who scour the polo fields from closing to opening every night of the festival. You're asking that we just sack these poor folks? The U.S. economy is already in the shitter. If you don't litter than you're just part of the problem, economically that is. And while I admire the idea of spending the whole festival bare-foot, prancing around without a care in the world, I ask you free-spirits one question: What do you do when entering the porta-potties? Surely this should be much more of a concern than cigarette butts. The floors of those honey-potts are littered with urine, feces, menstral blood, and if we're to believe some of the posts on this board, SEMEN!!!!! But I can definitely see how cigarette butts are your main concern.

aphrael
03-27-2008, 03:59 PM
I carry sandals which I put on when using the porta-potties; I don't expect them to be safe to walk barefoot on.

But on the festival lawn, cigarette butts are my primary concern: the other trash isn't going to hurt me, and I can usually dodge injuries inflicted by other peoples' shoes.

DigInfinity
03-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Just don't step on those syringes. They'll getcha! Seriously.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-28-2008, 01:10 PM
I wear flip flops and take em off when Im standing around or sitting...man who actually gets laid in those porta potties? With the heat those things smell like death.

Astrid
03-28-2008, 05:27 PM
i didnt know so many people smoked camel lights :-/ i was all about camel filters until this new blend business. i too must not find something else....what a shame.

also WHAT?! where is this american spirit tent??? tell me tell me.

Blinken
03-28-2008, 05:33 PM
It is in the beer gardens so you have to be 21.

coldstart
03-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Watch out the teh aidzneedlez...

Sonicifyouwantit
03-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Watch out the teh aidzneedlez...

Im immune

MantisMel
03-29-2008, 08:49 PM
I could only imagine all people who spit on the grass, the dog shit stepped on and God knows what other things people have stepped on in the porto-potties. I can't bring myself to go barefoot.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-29-2008, 10:52 PM
I could only imagine all people who spit on the grass, the dog shit stepped on and God knows what other things people have stepped on in the porto-potties. I can't bring myself to go barefoot.

You overthink it all. And there are no dogs soooo. Also wear the flip flops in the restrooms, thats just common sense.

sbessiso
03-30-2008, 10:39 AM
finally tried the new camel lights, I gotta say I really enjoyed them, although, I don't think I ever had the old camel lights, plus these were for free, got 3 packs

MantisMel
03-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Well, I do over think I suppose, but still can't bring myself to do it. I don't knock anyone who does. It's just not my steez...

BeeII
04-11-2008, 01:49 PM
i would take off my sandals only if i park myself somewhere for a while.

boyalien0
04-11-2008, 01:54 PM
I only drop my butts if I don't want to lose my spot, and then I not only make sure that they are out, I even push them down into the grass/dirt a bit. So there.

eNVyartist
04-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Pure fucking laziness! Trashcans are there for a reason.

BeeII
04-11-2008, 02:05 PM
they had a tent and u could go in there and show id and they gave u three free packs

WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS LAST YEAR?!>!>!i&@!

seriously, that's awesome

BeeII
04-11-2008, 02:06 PM
I only drop my butts if I don't want to lose my spot, and then I not only make sure that they are out, I even push them down into the grass/dirt a bit. So there.

i do that too, i thought everyone did.

CalmerThanYou
04-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Pure fucking laziness! Trashcans are there for a reason.

No...its a private venue. The CLEAN UP FUCKS are there for a reason.

LITTER HO!

beavington
04-11-2008, 04:29 PM
id like to this this is a group of people who admire the festival and care for it so they will take care of it, really you gotta talk to the other 45000 people there.

instinct
04-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Should I stop throwing my used syringes on the ground too then?

carolinesgood
04-13-2008, 10:06 PM
i would be more worried about spit/puke/piss/etc. than a lit cig.

how considerate of you all to give such sound advice - please everyone just try to keep in mind -- you pay you play - instant karma1 - be gr8 in 08 please let this be the year...................
c.

greghead
04-13-2008, 11:13 PM
Once the sun goes down I plan on having explosive diarrhea all over the polo fields.

Get ready for squishy-toes!

CMRNDRGN
04-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Also, change heats up really good in the California sun.

My friend stepped on a penny. Pretty goddamn funny.
Hahah something similar to really hot clothes with zippers etc. out of the drier.

SPX_clothing
04-16-2008, 12:27 PM
FUCK LITERBUG SMOKERS

Sonicifyouwantit
04-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Once the sun goes down I plan on having explosive diarrhea all over the polo fields.

Get ready for squishy-toes!

thats one way to ruin your own coachella experience

Mockingbird73
04-22-2008, 05:32 PM
In 2001, I wore sandals that were relatively new. I had some wicked blisters on my feet before I even made it in the gate because of the sand in the parking lot. I HAD to go barefoot for the rest of the festival, and while it was pretty nice during the day, I stepped on some unidentifiable shit once it was dark. I don't even want to know what it was...let's just say it was squishy and gross. No cigarettes though so I guess I got lucky there.

My feet hurt so bad the next day from walking around barefooted that I just make sure to wear very comfortable shoes now.

allyjoy
04-24-2008, 01:07 AM
It is in the beer gardens so you have to be 21.

haleluja for being legal... or having a good fake

fikus222
04-24-2008, 02:02 AM
BURN BABY BURN !!!!!!!!

shakermaker113
04-24-2008, 07:56 AM
ah shit. that's what I forgot to pack. comfortable walking shoes. the shoes I have are ok, but not great when you're on your feet for three days straight.

**** blows. now I'm definitely giong bare foot before dark.