PDA

View Full Version : V-Festival England

betao
03-03-2008, 08:14 AM
So far we know Muse is one of the headliners.

Wasn't the lineup for this thing supposed to be announced today?

ShyGuy75
03-03-2008, 08:17 AM
It will be released in a few hours.

MusikDr.
03-03-2008, 08:28 AM
V Festival: line-up announcement tonight (March 3)

Make sure you're on NME.COM at 8.30pm to see who's joining Muse

The line-up for this year’s V Festival is being announced today (March 3) – and NME.COM will have all the details online.

Having already confirmed Muse as one of their headliners, there are 39 more acts set to be announced for this year’s festival in the first wave of line-up announcements.

NME.COM will have all the info up from 8.30pm (GMT), so make sure you’re back here then to get the full details.

Tickets for this year’s V Festival go on sale on Friday (March 7) at 10am.

http://www.nme.com/news/festival/34846

Boourns
03-03-2008, 08:32 AM
The only really interesting act last year was Jarvis Cocker.

idrive1life
03-03-2008, 08:39 AM
It was already announced surprisingly earlier (than supposedly 8 PM UK time) few minutes ago ...

V festival 2008
SATURDAY 16TH AND SUNDAY 17TH AUGUST
HYLANDS PARK - CHELMSFORD
WESTON PARK - STAFFORDSHIRE
TICKETS ON SALE 10am FRIDAY 7TH MARCH 2008

Welcome to the OFFICIAL website for the V Festival!

V Festival sponsored by Virgin Mobile is back for it's thirteenth year and yet again we've got a cracking line-up!

V STAGE: MUSE - THE VERVE - KINGS OF LEON - STEREOPHONICS - AMY WINEHOUSE - THE KOOKS - MAXIMO PARK - LENNY KRAVITZ - THE FEELING - ALANIS MORISETTE - GIRLS ALOUD - THE FUTURE HEADS - SQUEEZE

CHANNEL 4 STAGE: THE PRODIGY - KAISER CHIEFS - THE PIGEON DETECTIVES - THE ZUTONS - NEWTON FAULKNER - THE VIEW - THE HOOSIERS - REVEREND AND THE MAKERS - DUFFY - SCOUTING FOR GIRLS - AMY MACDONALD - SHED SEVEN - THE COURTEENERS

JJB ARENA: IAN BROWN - THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS - THE POGUES - THE CHARLATANS - JAMIE T - HOT CHIP - TRAVIS - THE TWANG - SUGABABES - DAVID JORDAN - ROBYN

OVER 60 MORE ARTISTS TO BE ANNOUNCED ACROSS 5 STAGES
If you are a band dreaming of mega stardom and want to be one of the 2 winning bands that will open up the Channel 4 Stage this year, then look out for Virgin Mobile's 'Road To V' call to bands, we'll be featuring details on how to go about entering in the coming months.

idrive1life
03-03-2008, 08:40 AM
Matt Bellamy: Yeah, its always nice to know, originally Coldplay were going to play I think, I’m not sure what happened to them…

Virgin Radio: I think there are still rumours kicking around

MB: Yeah, yeah because I heard they might do it, and that was one of my reasons why I was tempted to play because there nice guys and we haven’t played with them in a long time, but I’m not sure who is playing now so…

VR: The Verve?

MB: Oh there you go, The Verve, ok. Id be interested to know who else is playing Roundoff your know, I mean really its just a case of knowing how much time I’m going to spend watching other bands, you know

Also strongly rumored to play for UK's V Fest (it will be announced 7 PM UK time/around 2 PM ET Monday):

The Prodigy (very likely)
Ian Brown
Underworld
Stereophonics
Supergrass
Goldfrapp
Maximo Park
Paul Weller
Futureheads

Boourns
03-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Not very impressive. V lineups rarely are, though. I guess Lenny Kravits is the Jack Johnson of Euro fests, but the difference is he isn't the headliner.

idrive1life
03-03-2008, 08:47 AM
haha They took/removed that lineup in their web site ... Virgin Radio has yet make formal announcements/reveal of the lineup ...

Like last year, they are expected to make few additions (out of expected total 60 bands to be added) announcement already starting tomorrow.

I'm waiting on Elbow, Delays, Goldfrapp, Beck and co. adds ;)

Muse (exclusive UK festival appearance)
The Chemical Brothers
The Verve
Maximo Park
The Future Heads
The Prodigy
Shed Seven
Ian Brown
The Pouges
The Charlatans
Lennyy Kravitz ;)
Stereophonics

Its going to suck though that Muse and The Prodigy and Ian Brown are likely to conflict.

I'm still listening on UK's Virgin Radio ... hopefully, there will be more surprise announcements at 2 or 3 PM ET. Hmmmm ... they will have a guest band (that will be in the lineup) during the live announcements.

shakermaker113
03-03-2008, 09:00 AM
eh.

MarkO
03-03-2008, 09:04 AM
meh.

Boourns
03-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Meh, indeed. It doesn't really compare to something like Roskilde or Werchter. But what can, really?

Westy
03-03-2008, 09:16 AM
The British festivals are getting kinda repetitive. It's the same acts year after year. I like a lot of the acts, but come on, mix it up a bit.

shakermaker113
03-03-2008, 09:47 AM
at least coldplay aren't headlining. the longer we have to wait for their return, the better.

MarkO
03-03-2008, 10:00 AM
at least coldplay aren't headlining. the longer we have to wait for their return, the better.

Yeah but Muse are playing which is actually worse.

ThomThom
03-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Muse needs to be on hiatus for at least 2 years before I can even stomach any music from them. They have been touring non-stop since the last album came out in 2006. Enough is enough.

MusikDr.
03-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Muse are playing 3 Gigs in the summer to try out new songs.

TomAz
03-03-2008, 10:42 AM
it's nice to see that US festivals aren't the only ones that suck this year.

ThomThom
03-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Are you going to any this year Tom?

TomAz
03-03-2008, 10:48 AM
i haven't decided yet. either Coachella or the one in SF or none at all is where I'm leaning.

or Roskilde. that would be fun, but that's a reach.