PDA

View Full Version : What's with the lack of attention to the website?

clincher
03-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Is anyone else annoyed at all with the yearly lack of attention to the website? Every year the website is launched with about 5-6 photos in the sideshow and about 2-3 updates and then no update until the days before the show.

Speaking as someone who manages a couple of websites it's a bit of a turnoff that Goldenvoice can't even manage to get press photos of all of their headliners (much less other bands) on their slide show.

I'm not saying that this takes away from the show at all but ignoring your website yearly definitely doesn't help to bring in new fans or maintain the aura of the festival.

I'd like to hear what the rest of the message board crew thinks. Maybe I'm the only ones that cares about this.

whynotsmile99
03-02-2008, 08:18 PM
totally off the subject, but if you want to see a great website, go to the website for be kind rewind.

I laughed out loud when google popped up. Seriously, check it out

PassiveTheory
You probably are.

betao
No, we are all very frustrated with the lack of attention to the coachella website, especially this year. For example, alot of bands have been switching days, check the Poster Changed thread for reference. It'd be quite nice if GV actually told us when stuff like this happened. The only thing I can recall GV telling us something was when PF informed everyone that Kate Nash had been added.

PassiveTheory
03-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Okay, I lied... I do care, but I'm kinda apathetic about everything.

I've said it before; If they just keep the poster AS IS, I will be pleased.

psychic friend
03-02-2008, 08:45 PM
not ignoring the site, just like to put things up complete instead of in pieces. getting all the artist photos, resizing takes a while along with other work load. artist pages coming.

cheers.

M Sparks
03-03-2008, 03:33 AM
It's definitely not as good as last year, but ...oh well. There's still almost 2 months left. I'd rather have them concentrating on behind the scenes stuff and getting it right the day of.

I can't imagine most people give a crap about the slideshow, but a text list of acts by day has been asked for and would be a nice addition.

I've said it many times, but after going through the mess that was Vegoose last year, I really can't complain about how GV chooses to run Coachella.

captncrzy
03-03-2008, 06:25 AM
Seriously, what is going to be bitched about next?

Oh, the set times. Duh.

emtgreg
03-03-2008, 06:31 AM
hang on, ill go complain about the curfew again...

Sci-Fi
03-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Blame PF.

karecares
03-09-2008, 05:41 PM
totally off the subject, but if you want to see a great website, go to the website for be kind rewind.

I laughed out loud when google popped up. Seriously, check it out

i checked it out thanks for the heads up, i needed a laugh