PDA

View Full Version : Mike Nelson/Coachella Riff - WATCH

clumsy342
03-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Kind of hard to explain. I'll keep it brief.
Mike Nelson (from Mystery Science Theater) is riffing on the political candidates in promotion of RiffTrax.
Here, there's an unexpected nod to Coachella.
Mike Nelson is the man.

John McCain takes a bold stance against Woodstock:
ceBuPCtq-GA

JebusLives
03-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Haha take that, Jack

rage patton
03-01-2008, 05:50 PM
HAHAHAHAHA.

M Sparks
03-02-2008, 06:48 AM
That was awesome. I thought it was just going to be a throwaway mention, not a specific gag.

So if a middle aged nerd in Minnesota knows how lame this is...surely this proves it's not just 100 elitists on a message board complaining.

sbessiso
03-02-2008, 06:52 AM
HAHA!

that pussy Jack Johnson

karecares
03-02-2008, 07:58 AM
that was great

sbessiso
03-02-2008, 11:15 AM
i seriously miss MST3K

clumsy342
03-02-2008, 01:57 PM
I am a ridiculously hardcore MST fan.
I recently counted, and I have 100# episodes.

Oh! And check this out.. The "original members" of MST have started
Cinematic Titanic! you can find a torrent for it, or even buy the dvd!
Here's the preview of the first film: The Oozing Skull.

MQ0eAPAzvm4

betao
03-02-2008, 02:13 PM
holy shit.

that was awesome.

mountmccabe
03-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Who else has heard Riffs? I have seen:

the Matrix - my favorite
Transformers - hilarious; I don't know how I watched the movie without it
the Fifth Element - great
Terminator 3 - OK
Battlefield Earth - not good enough to make up for having to watch the movie

I've also bought the Plan 9 one but I wasn't there when everybody else watched it.

clumsy342
03-02-2008, 04:15 PM
I haven't actually seen any of the Rifftrax.
I should, but I don't know...

I think it just works so much better with the old movies.
I did just see the clip of Jurassic Park though.
(with Weird Al and Mike Nelson)
I love the dog food line...
cQBj9ER8orM

mountmccabe
03-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I haven't actually seen any of the Rifftrax.
I should, but I don't know...

I think it just works so much better with the old movies.

I'd ask you to explain but since you haven't seen any of the new ones I don't know what you could say.

I, mostly, am just glad to not have to sit/fast forward through the skits.

clumsy342
03-02-2008, 06:28 PM
I, mostly, am just glad to not have to sit/fast forward through the skits.

I used to do the same thing, but now I kind of enjoy the skits.
Some of them are really funny. But I generally skip them when I'm watching with someone else.

As far as the old movies go.. They are all just so "out there". It's almost like stepping back and thinking, "Wait.. is this actually happening?"

And when you try to riff on newer movies.. yeah, its funny.. but you lose that charm of the terribly executed B movies.

Wheres the beef?
03-02-2008, 10:59 PM
ahahahahha YES!

Mr.Nipples
03-02-2008, 11:23 PM
04_czZClKI0

clumsy342
03-03-2008, 02:25 AM
04_czZClKI0

I love The Incredible Melting Man!!

"HODDCHKA!"

EDIT: Terrible video! Jesus!

M Sparks
03-03-2008, 05:22 AM
The "original members" of MST have started
Cinematic Titanic! you can find a torrent for it, or even buy the dvd!
Here's the preview of the first film: The Oozing Skull.

Hey, it's TV's Frank!

To be fair, Frank was not an "original member", and neither was Mary Jo. However, C.T. has Trace (the original Crow/Dr Forester), and Josh (the original Tom Servo/Dr Erhardt.)

Tom changed after the first season though...The "classic" Tom Servo was Kevin Murphy. He's in "The Film Crew" with Mike Nelson and Bill Corbett (the second, far inferior Crow.) Kevin & Bill also appear on many Rifftrax.

5 members seems a bit much. If I had to pick 5, it would be Joel, Mike, Kevin, Trace, and Frank. Let's get these people back together!

To be fair, Josh was a decent Tom Servo. I just didn't like Dr Erhardt...Frank was a much better foil for Dr Forester.

M Sparks
03-03-2008, 05:27 AM
Some of them are really funny. But I generally skip them when I'm watching with someone else.

I wish they would get the famous "waffles" episode out on DVD. I can't remember the name of the movie...it's an incredibly long title and contains "Viking Women" and "Sea Serpent"

Yeah, most of the skits are bad, but the songs are great ("Hike Your Pants Up" from Daddy-O, the "It Stinks" song from Pod People, "A Patrick Swayze Christmas", ect.) Also, I'm a sucker for any skit where the bots use their creativity...like the one where Crow designed a custom van inspired by Jamie Gumm that has an "in dash lotion dispenser".

brando4n82
03-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Ahhh man, Mystery science theatre! *sigh* good ol childhood flashbacks. Cant wait to watch this when i get home (cant at work)

one of my classic favs: POD PEOPLE

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WFZXHTT1L._SS500_.jpg

M Sparks
03-03-2008, 08:44 AM
one of my classic favs: POD PEOPLE

I officially apologize for being a prick to you a few weeks ago. A friend of Trumpy is a friend of mine.

4md5tp08Ylk

MST3K...bringing people together since 1989.

brando4n82
03-03-2008, 09:51 AM
I officially apologize for being a prick to you a few weeks ago. A friend of Trumpy is a friend of mine.

4md5tp08Ylk

MST3K...bringing people together since 1989.

hahahaha.....ahhh Trumpy, i guess we have more in common then i thought. First online impressions can be tricking. Nice to meet you.

whynotsmile99
03-03-2008, 10:18 AM
they should do one for the Coachella movie and screen it Thursday night at the campgrounds.

M Sparks
03-03-2008, 11:09 AM
they should do one for the Coachella movie and screen it Thursday night at the campgrounds.

"Katie knew that one day...ONE DAY...she would meet the Phoenix flier man again. And then, she would have her revenge."