PDA

View Full Version : Transportation From Airport

zando27
02-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Hey I have been a very long time reader of the Coachella boards. This is the first year I have actually been about to attend though. I am from TN, and the Bonnaroo lineup is a disgrace this year, so I will definitely be Cali bound in April. I would really appreciate some advice on how to get from the Palm Springs Airport to the festival grounds, cheaply. I will probably need to stop at a grocery store of some sort to pick up some supplies I couldnt bring on the plane. Is this possible? Any info would be very beneficial. Thank you.

g0k1ngsg0
02-28-2008, 11:12 PM
there is probably a store close enough to walk to from teh airport, then from there just get a cab to your hotel/campground. or hook up with someone ariving at teh same time with a rental car and split gas?

bdfsh
02-29-2008, 05:56 AM
im also flying into the PSP airport. My friend's mom made the plane reservations and she told us she found a bus service that runs to/from the airport into Indio..i sure hope this is true, because it's what im relying on. If not, there's always cabs.

jimmycrackcorn
02-29-2008, 06:11 AM
there is a vons 1 mile west of the PSairport but the taking the sunbus (public buses in the valley) down to the campgrounds would be a nightmare involving 2 transfers between buses... a cab would cost $100+.... if you are trying to make it down to the campgrounds on THURSDAY only... then look undercarpools i have a thread offering rides to the campgrounds ANYTIME thursday with a stopover @ the superwal-mart in palm springs...

gaypalmsprings
02-29-2008, 06:13 AM
jimmy's a nice guy who provides great transportation. just sayin.......enjoy!

LillieFranS
03-01-2008, 09:36 AM
It's pretty far away...about a 45 minute drive...You need to take the bus or a very expensive cab ride :)

fiopadp7791
03-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Otherwise, keep an eye out for rent-a-car carpools with people. If you find enough people needing a ride to and from Palm Springs Aiport (or LAX, Ontario, San Diego, etc.), you guys can pool in on a rental car. I posted a thread not too long ago on some rental car facts and advice. It might be worth your while to read it. Here's the link

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15443

Hope you work out your transportation issues
-Pete

microserfs21
03-01-2008, 03:35 PM
just ask around for rides on the plane or at the airport, there were tonnes of people offering rides last year at PSP on thursday

orbit
03-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Check the carpool section. There are many other people in your situation, so if you open a thread saying what day/time are you arriving/departing you may rent a car and split costs or work something out.

fatbastard
03-01-2008, 08:27 PM
http://img2.travelblog.org/Photos/2382/5894/f/21655-Camel-ride-0.jpg