PDA

View Full Version : "Wyld Stallyons" at Spaceland Mar 18

Pages : [1] 2

moviebruin
02-28-2008, 04:00 PM
http://www.losanjealous.com/2008/02/28/today-in-rumors-black-crowes-definitely-not-playing-spaceland-march-18-wyld-stallyons-to-play/

The Black Crowes are all over the news these days, thanks to Maxim’s botched fauxreview of their new album Warpaint (refer to results 1 - 10 of about 135,000 for maxim black crowes). Unfortunately for the Crowes, said coverage comes in lieu of any legitimate review of thenew album itself. Still, no press is bad press. And while we’re on the topic of screwy reviews by paper-dependent publications, why is it that Rolling Stone claims this review of the same album, which I am reading right now on February 28, will have been “Posted: March 6, 2008″ ?!

The Brothers Robinson will hit the west coast immediately following South by Southwest: March 19th they’ll be at the Fillmore in San Fran; March 20 will find them at the Fonda. Before those dates, however, March 18 looks wide open and eerily west-coasty. So when KROQ subtly announces a sale for a $20 March 18 show at our very own Spaceland for a band called “Wyld Stallyons” (conspicuously absent from Spaceland’s calendar and KROQ’s own calendar, no less), we have no choice but to call - yet again- on the services of our formidable research department, asking them to put on their analyst goggles and venture a best guess. They’re still researching the possibilities at present, but know this for now: Though the Crowes’ new album Warpaint features - get this - wild stallions on the cover, the band is currently not listed to play Spaceland on March 18, so you did not hear that they will be playing Spaceland here, at this time.

Black Crowes or Bravery or Green Day. Let's all pray its not the Bravery. if it isnt this show is gonna be epic.

gratytrainridesagain
02-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Wyld Stallyons? as in Bill N Ted

MarkO
02-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Awesome!

GoEastYoungMan
02-28-2008, 04:18 PM
http://www.dudehangout.com/photos/uploads/9f3f02a92d.jpg (http://www.dudehangout.com/photos)

No way!

Sushov23
02-28-2008, 04:24 PM
AH DUDE

luckyface
02-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Seriously, I would pay $20 to watch Bill & Ted play a set. The thought of who this could be has me very tempted to buy a ticket. I always wanted to go to a secret show.

suprefan
02-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Hmmmm, thinkign about it. I was looking at the other acts openg for this. One of them is playing with Immigrant the night before in Arizona and Immigrant opened for MUSE, last year.

Edit: It could be the Bravery, they are on Loveline the night before...

Ardentbiscuit
02-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Maybe it's the Foxboro Hot Tubs which is a made up band with Billie Joe...

Cancersticks1
02-28-2008, 05:58 PM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre100/e195/e19576l1e9h.jpg

suprefan
02-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Maybe it's the Foxboro Hot Tubs which is a made up band with Billie Joe...

Foxboro Hot Tubs is Green Day.

luckyface
02-28-2008, 06:08 PM
Here's my take on this. I don't see why the Bravery would need to do something like this. Are they really that big of a draw that they would need to play a secret gig to keep fans away and crowds small? They aren't that much bigger than the Spaceland anyway. Maybe I am underestimating, but I just don't see a band as small in stature as The Bravery pulling something like this off.

The Black Crowes seems a little odd as they will be playing a show in LA two nights later. Why wouldn't they just announce a new show for the same price as their March 20 show?

My guess is that it will be a fairly big band looking to test run new material or a band that hasn't toured in awhile looking for a warm up show.

suprefan
02-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Maybe its foo fighters and they couldnt play another show at Paladinos this time...

bmack86
02-28-2008, 06:20 PM
You guys had me intrigued enough. I bought a ticket. Hopefully it's someone good. If not, I guess I can always give my will call info to someone else.

rage patton
02-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Oh my god... if Bill and Ted played a set, I would be tempted to fly down just for it. That would be amazing.

Ardentbiscuit
02-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Foxboro Hot Tubs is only technically Green Day...

It could be almost anyone but why would it be the Bravery? Didn't they just play an announced show at Crash Mansion, that was sponsored by KROQ. Why would they sponsor another one so soon?

And did the show sell out? How big is Crash Mansion compared to Spaceland (I have never been to Crash Mansion).

whynotsmile99
02-28-2008, 06:30 PM
KISS frontman Paul Stanley is rumored to be in talks to star as the titular character in a Las Vegas production of the musical The Phantom of the Opera.

maybe paul is giving us a little treat....

or REM, COldplay, STP

i must say im curious. Spaceland is in silver lake right? I remember really liking that venue. Being able to sit and chill was nice. I was at the Whisky last night and hated how they have every damn chair blocked off unless you pay. Plus I paid 2 bucks for tap water, which was a first for me

heyimazombie
02-28-2008, 06:31 PM
i was looking at Bill and Ted's excellent adventure dvd as i was reading this. needless to say the show would sell out in seconds, cuz we all know the influence this band will have in the future

tessalasset
02-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Seriously, I would pay $20 to watch Bill & Ted play a set. The thought of who this could be has me very tempted to buy a ticket. I always wanted to go to a secret show.

http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/79688806__oPt.jpg

Sonicifyouwantit
02-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Wyld Stallyons? as in Bill N Ted

as in strange things are afoot at the circle k....saw chris robinson on stage at spaceland joining slash, steve jones and jet. The little stage was packed.

also about wyld stallyons...ran into Keanu Reeves at the troubadour (he goes there a lot [so does the main guy from entourage] but anyway) and we were talking about new bands. I wrote down 5 bands that were new and interesting at the time (this was about 3 or 4 years ago) as we were leaving. The last band I included was wyld stalyons...didnt know how he would take that but he just laughed. As much crap as he gets for his acting I have to say he is a nice guy and genuinely interested in other people he talks to.

anyway I bought a ticket, what can it hurt? generally I stay away from kroq shows but its spaceland...so it could be worth it.

also to ardent...crash mansion is larger than spaceland, about the size of echoplex

suprefan
02-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Foxboro Hot Tubs is only technically Green Day...

It could be almost anyone but why would it be the Bravery? Didn't they just play an announced show at Crash Mansion, that was sponsored by KROQ. Why would they sponsor another one so soon?

And did the show sell out? How big is Crash Mansion compared to Spaceland (I have never been to Crash Mansion).

I think Crash Mansion is bigger, and yeah I am thinking about getting a ticket for Wyld Stallyans now.

R1AEDwsoCx8

Ardentbiscuit
02-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Black Crowes do make sense because I have seen Chris Robinson show up several times at Spaceland and join the band that is playing on stage. So we know he likes Spaceland.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-28-2008, 07:00 PM
I love all the attention bill and ted are getting! EXCELLENT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DsFMJQHbMs

luckyface
02-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Man, I ended up buying a ticket, too. Hope it is someone good.

Would a group be in violation of Coachella rules if it were to play an unannounced secret show in the LA area? Because I am thinking Death Cab would make some sense here. I doubt it is them, but that is the type of band I am thinking (new album coming out, road testing new songs).

luckyface
02-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Oh dear sweet lord, I just had a horrible thought. I just did a little checking, and Panic at the Disco is releasing their CD a week after this show. They will be in Europe until March 15, but will be on Kimmel on the 25th. I really hope 3 days is too little time to make it from the UK to LA.

Also, I doubt it's Black Crowes. Just because the dude hangs out at Spaceland doesn't mean anything. Why would KROQ sponsor this show when they don't even have the Black Crowes show at the Avalon listed on their website?

bmack86
02-28-2008, 07:15 PM
If it's Panic! at the Disco, I would have no problem scalping the ticket rather than reselling it for face. No problem whatsoever.

suprefan
02-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Maybe its STP doing a secret warm up? I just thought of that. And when the hell woudlwe ever find out?

luckyface
02-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Nope, not STP. Velvet Revolver will be in the UK. Nice thought though. I would have been stoked for that.

suprefan
02-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Weezer? That might be very plausible

luckyface
02-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Weezer could definitely work.

Another long shot with an album coming up would be Coldplay.

suprefan
02-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Maybe its Oasis? since they are in L.a. mixing their record? I wonder if Chris Martin has a thing for Keanu Reeves.

Ardentbiscuit
02-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Billie Joe Armstrong from Punk band Green Day has been quoted to say, "We wanted to be the Wyld Stallyons."

rage patton
02-28-2008, 08:09 PM
http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/79688806__oPt.jpg

Wow. He looks... older.

vinylmartyr
02-28-2008, 08:18 PM
I bet its Zeppelin.

BlueDevil50
02-28-2008, 08:21 PM
watch it be some cheesy local bands with the name wyld stallyons...

suprefan
02-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Billie Joe Armstrong from Punk band Green Day has been quoted to say, "We wanted to be the Wyld Stallyons."

Oh god dont do this to me, the torture!!! I need to possibly notify one of my longtime friends who is a massive GD fan, just in case.

watch it be some cheesy local bands with the name wyld stallyons...

With KROQ pushign it, I doubt it though.

traviscanada
02-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Oh my god... if Bill and Ted played a set, I would be tempted to fly down just for it. That would be amazing.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j17/Raquelitamn/station.jpg

Would it be the Wyld Stallyns with the princesses from the past? and Station?
Is still think its Keanu's best movie.

Blinken
02-28-2008, 08:56 PM
I got a ticket, isn't it kind of wierd you can only buy 1 ticket.

Young blood
02-28-2008, 09:02 PM

haha I read that on wikipedia. Its going to be billy joe and his new crappy band.

Blinken
02-28-2008, 09:34 PM
IHBwryfycvk

Blinken
02-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Funny thing, when you click on that video, Green Day is on the top of the list of related videos. Nothing i know, but hmmmmmmm

rage patton
02-28-2008, 09:51 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j17/Raquelitamn/station.jpg

Would it be the Wyld Stallyns with the princesses from the past? and Station?
Is still think its Keanu's best movie.

Personally, I like Excellen Adventure better. But Bogus Journey is still great. Its gets mega props for the having Jim Martin and the "Faith No More Spiritual Society" in the movie.

ghettojournalist
02-28-2008, 10:00 PM
why wouldn't it be Gnarls Barkley?

suprefan
02-28-2008, 10:09 PM
They couldnt fit on the stage, the String Section would have to be in the crowd. But, I swear Im getting a ticket now dang it, too much on this for it to suck.

Edit: I bought my freaking ticket, this has to be worth $25

gratytrainridesagain
02-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Personally, I like Excellen Adventure better. But Bogus Journey is still great. Its gets mega props for the having Jim Martin and the "Faith No More Spiritual Society" in the movie.

Don't forget Primus doin Tommy The Cat

Sonicifyouwantit
02-28-2008, 10:21 PM
all of those would be fine except the panic suggestion...I kind of like this though, its a 20 dollar bet. you may get a good show or just crap. I can always leave my home is 10 minutes away. when will they announce the actual band?

Blinken
02-28-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't think we will find out until at the show.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Wow. He looks... older.

well the movie is 20 years old

suprefan
02-28-2008, 10:27 PM
I dont think they are, you either find out there or somebody leaks it after its sold out. As mentioned, it is weird to be able to only buy 1 ticket. It sucks though since its will call that you wont have a ticket stub that says 'Wyld Stallyons''

Sonicifyouwantit
02-28-2008, 10:30 PM
I dont think they are, you either find out there or somebody leaks it after its sold out. As mentioned, it is weird to be able to only buy 1 ticket. It sucks though since its will call that you wont have a ticket stub that says 'Wyld Stallyons''

I hope it does really. kinda cool, so many poster here are gonna be at the show

rage patton
02-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Don't forget Primus doin Tommy The Cat

Right! I totally forgot about that. It was awesome that they actually got Primus to do the cameo. Well, Les Claypool atleast. I couldn't tell who was behind the drums. And Im pretty sure it was Ler on guitar, his haircut gives it away.

gratytrainridesagain
02-28-2008, 10:32 PM
It was Herb and Ler great stuff

Blinken
02-28-2008, 10:57 PM
Well i was just checking out the support bands, Dead Trees is playing SXSW a couple days before. The show at Spaceland is listed on both of their myspaces with no further information. The both say it is Dead Trees and Wild Sweet Orange. They are then both going to Portland.

whynotsmile99
02-28-2008, 11:33 PM
i want to buy a ticket and gamble for a good band i'd actually like to see, but you can't give away your/ sell your ticket or change the name on the reservation.
ehhh i dunno. how much does it come to with service fees?

humanoid
02-28-2008, 11:52 PM
I would happily take Bill n Ted anyday over anything involving the Robinson Brothers or Rivers Cuomo...or Death Cab...or Coldplay...or Panic at the Disco...or any other shitty band mentioned

tessalasset
02-29-2008, 12:51 AM
Someone should message those opening bands on myspace and see if they know anything.

Ardentbiscuit
02-29-2008, 02:06 AM
I'm afraid to buy a ticket because if it's "Panic at the Disco" and you can't sell the ticket because it's will call where they read your name off a list and stamp your hand then I would be stuck with "Panic at the Disco" and that would stink.

Did you see this post by Losanjealous...

“Wyld Stallyons” @ Spaceland, March 18: The Speculation Grows
By Ryan - Friday February 29th 2008

Following our post Thursday afternoon (thanks for the tip DJ Budgie), ‘Crowes and Coachella message boards have lit up like so many blue-tinselled Spacelandian curtains as to which damn band will be gracing the establishment’s venerable, albeit quaint, stage come March 18.

The question is now begged.

Which band do we think Spaceland's (and KROQ's) "Wyld Stallyons" bill is a euphemism for?

* Dogstar
* The Black Crowes
* Green Day
* The Bravery
* Panic At The Disco
* The Frank Stallone Band
* Band of Horses
* Daft Punk
* The Crazy Motherfuckin' Ponies (Rochester)
* The Actual Bill And Ted
* Silversun Pickups
* Radiohead
* Not Radiohead
* Add an Answer

View Results

http://www.losanjealous.com/2008/02/29/wyld-stallyons-spaceland-march-18-the-speculation-grows/

It's weird they have Radiohead on the list, I had gone to Spaceland last week and some guys were telling me they would be playing there soon. I told them I thought they were out of their minds. I highly doubt it's Radiohead.

dontfeedthebird
02-29-2008, 02:23 AM
so what if you lose twenty bucks on a crappy band. you guys probably spend more on slot machines or booze. go for it.

M Sparks
02-29-2008, 04:58 AM
I highly doubt it's Radiohead.

Didn't they so a show in NYC for like 200 people recently?

Ardentbiscuit
02-29-2008, 07:03 AM
Didn't they so a show in NYC for like 200 people recently?

That's true, I forgot about that.

As for the 20 bucks, it's not the money. I wouldn't care if it was 99 cents, I wouldn't want to sit through panic at the disco.

luckyface
02-29-2008, 08:38 AM

As for the 20 bucks, it's not the money. I wouldn't care if it was 99 cents, I wouldn't want to sit through panic at the disco.

If that's the case, you just walk out and say that each of the opening bands was worth $10.

When did Radiohead play a 200 person venue recently? Of all the speculation, it sounds like Green Day is making the most sense right now.

M Sparks
02-29-2008, 08:46 AM
When did Radiohead play a 200 person venue recently?

I was wrong, it was in London. It was supposed to be an in-store at Rough Trade. The cops made them move it to some club at the last minute. It was in mid January, I think.

moviebruin
02-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Out of all the possible acts mentioned. The Bravery is by far the worst case scenario. They are so incredibly boring. I saw panic at the disco a couple times. once because i wanted to see the dresden dolls who were opening up for them and once at an acoustic xmas and both times they were surprisingly very entertaining. Another possible band it could be is Vampire Weekend. West Coast swing and open date. They are prob band w/ the most buzz this year w/o question, but are they "big" enough to warrant a secret show? PS. when i got my tixs the limit was 2. interesting that they now lowered it to 1. they must be selling well.

reverb
well fuck, i'm in. what else are you going to do on a tuesday?

i've got my fingers crossed it's the breeders.

the last time the deal sisters resurfaced (2002?) they played every tiny place in l.a. pretty much unannounced. (i happened to see 'em at mr. t's for free...and I'm a huge 4ad fan...so needless to say i was in shock when i showed up to see my friend's band and got the breeders opening) let's see, they've got some gear stored at a rehearsal space in silver lake. a show on 3/7 in NY and 3/8 in canada and then nothing else listed until coachella. the last time they played at spaceland there was 3/4ths of a pixies reunion going down too. it'll be a given that they'll be warming up before indio, but where? my $25 is saying here.

and if i'm wrong...i'll be in the back drinkin' chimay and shooting pool.

Ardentbiscuit
I just read the 200 person thing and was thinking London even though your message said NYC. I knew what you meant.

As for the show, I agree that Green Day is making the most sense.

Ardentbiscuit
02-29-2008, 08:57 AM
2/16 Zooey Deschanel - Largo
2/20 Swell Season - Skybar poolside.

So how were those 2 shows?

I almost went to Panic at the Disco to see the Dresden Dolls but I couldn't bring myself to go because I figured I would leave during Panic.

Sorry to get off topic.

Edit. I hope it's not the Bravery. With KROQ it could be really awesome or completely terrible.

tessalasset
02-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Alright goddammit I hopped on the bandwagon. I'm in a gambling mood. Makes life more interesting.

Blinken
02-29-2008, 10:01 AM
This venue is going to be filled with board members.

rage patton
02-29-2008, 10:01 AM
So... what are the chances that its actually Keanu Reaves and Alex Winter?

Blinken
02-29-2008, 10:05 AM
I am going to give it 1 to 1,000,000. They didn't even have their own songs. The one at the end of the movie was a Kiss song. But it would be fucking awsome if it was them.

paulb
02-29-2008, 10:07 AM
have fun with a new diff green day... Bill and Ted would be pretty funny though.

rage patton
02-29-2008, 10:07 AM
I don't even care if they played one song and were the opening act. It would possibly be the greatest thing to happen in recent history.
Hell, they better at least be there to introduce who the actuall band is. That would still be awesome.
I don't even know why I care about this though. I'm not going. I guess I care just bacause I love Bill and Ted so much.

Blinken
02-29-2008, 10:21 AM
It would have to be all the wyld stallyons though, Station, death, the Robots, princesses. That would fucking rock. They play one song, then Green Day comes out.

suprefan
02-29-2008, 10:22 AM
have fun with a new diff green day... .

As compared to?

tessalasset
02-29-2008, 11:28 AM
So I've gotten reports that this is, in fact, just a local show put on by KROQ. With a real band called Wyld Stallyons. Let's hope it's not true.

suprefan
02-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Half the crowd would leave after they found out that it wasnt what they expected. But it wouldnt matter, they got their money and people wouldve spent money at the bar by then so everyone wins except the audience. Im gonna start a ruckus if its some P.O.S. band.

Blinken
02-29-2008, 11:36 AM
I am afraid of that, but then why the limit of 1 ticket per person. And non transferable, meaning it is your name on will call list. This seems fishy for a no name band.

Blinken
02-29-2008, 11:38 AM
I can't find anything on a band named Wyld Stallyons, but i find alot about the support groups. I found a band named Wyld Stallyns, but they wouldn't headline shit.

luckyface
02-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Seriously, this is about all I am finding for Wyld Stallyns or Wyld Stallyons on MySpace (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=7995672).

Too many weird things going on here to just be a local show.

moviebruin
02-29-2008, 11:57 AM
So how were those 2 shows?

I almost went to Panic at the Disco to see the Dresden Dolls but I couldn't bring myself to go because I figured I would leave during Panic.

Sorry to get off topic.

Edit. I hope it's not the Bravery. With KROQ it could be really awesome or completely terrible.

Zooey was great. she played w/ david palmer. no m ward. she did mostly covers and one song from their new album vol. 1. she was super cute and her voice is amazing.

The swell season "performance" was a private party so they only performed 2 songs. the one that won the oscar and some traditional irish song. which was really cool

moviebruin
02-29-2008, 12:00 PM
There is a zero percent chance that this is a local show.
(1) why the 1 ticket limit and strict scalp prevention policy?
(2) 20 bucks for a no name band at spaceland?!!!?!!? They have local residencys that are free that have great local bands (ie i use to see the silversun pickups there weekly for free)

tessalasset
02-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah I'm hoping my source is just fucking with me or really is not allowed to tell me.

moviebruin - did they play Fogtown? was that the other song?

NrlkDfk_f-c

Ardentbiscuit
02-29-2008, 12:13 PM
I agree, $20 bucks, 1 ticket limit, non-transferable, etc. For some nobody local band would be psychotic unless it's one of the higher ups at KROQ's relatives I don't see it being that.

I want to see Zooey with M. Ward (it's call She and Him I think).

luckyface
02-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Losanjealous added a bunch of band names in their poll, and this very scary post:

Buy your nonrefundable ticket now or risk missing Panic At The Disco in an intimate local venue with a bonafide indoor smoking room and surprisingly affordable beers.

Funny guys (I hope).

suprefan
02-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Man if its them Ill find some way to get somebody else into this show and be able to escape the horror that is Panic. Oh so why the hell woudl they play a 21 + place when their core audience is about 18 at the oldest?

Ardentbiscuit
02-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Dear God, the updated list is truly terrifying.

Blinken
02-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah i agree supre, plus would their audience get the Bill and Ted refrence?

Blinken
02-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Yeah the list has gone batshit

suprefan
02-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Yeah i agree supre, plus would their audience get the Bill and Ted refrence?

They all werent even alive when that movie came out.

Blinken
02-29-2008, 12:22 PM

Exactly. I am betting on Green Day.

luckyface
02-29-2008, 12:39 PM
If this is a direct quote from some other site

and not Ardent typing it up, I would say this is interesting because Bill & Ted spell it "Wyld Stallyns".

tessalasset
02-29-2008, 12:39 PM
I voted for "Not Radiohead"

rage patton
02-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Who else here would pay insane amounts of money to see Wyld Stallyns and Spinal Tap go on tour together?

suprefan
02-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Who else here would pay insane amounts of money to see Wyld Stallyns and Spinal Tap go on tour together?

I wish I couldve gone to the Spinal Tap/Tenacious D benefit that happend a couple years ago...

Ardentbiscuit
02-29-2008, 12:50 PM
I didn't type in the Billie Joe quote but if you look under Bill and Ted in Wikipedia it is there.

Not sure how valid it is, since it's from Wikipedia.

rage patton
02-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Was that the one with QOTSA and Dave Grohl as well?

suprefan
02-29-2008, 01:05 PM
I forget cause there were a couple different ones though.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-29-2008, 01:05 PM

thats what im saying!

so what if you lose twenty bucks on a crappy band. you guys probably spend more on slot machines or booze. go for it.

ardent just get a ticket, if its bad we can walk out and grab a drink at red lion

anyway you have to look at who is putting this on, KROQ so its not gonna be someone like the breeders, also silversun, bravery and acts at that level dont need to do a secret show, they would just announce their show and be done with it. It has to be someone with a large kroq draw (crowes, green day, oasis, radiohead) even if none of these it will be someone that size...that being said panic and linkin park are that size to the poor kroq fans so like i said its a gamble but its $20 not $100 so who cares?

what do the openers sound like? that could indicate the type of music...I'll check now.

suprefan
02-29-2008, 01:23 PM
the kind of acts you would find at spaceland pretty much on a regular night.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-29-2008, 01:24 PM

I was alive! damn, 10000+ posts?? wow, heeyyy Im from burbank too, born and raised

Blinken
02-29-2008, 01:32 PM
I was alive! damn, 10000+ posts?? wow, heeyyy Im from burbank too, born and raised

Didn't know you where a Panic at the Disco fan

rage patton
02-29-2008, 01:32 PM
I was born the year Excellent Adventure came out. It's also funny because I have been told I kinda look like Keanu Reaves from Bill and Ted. Ok, so its more I look like Ted... but not like Keanu Reaves. Make sense?

tessalasset
02-29-2008, 01:33 PM
SWEET I found out who it is. My previous postings were wrong. It is someone big. It's also not Radiohead. I probably shouldn't even be opening my mouth now.

Edit: shouldn't

tessalasset
02-29-2008, 01:34 PM
I was born the year Excellent Adventure came out. It's also funny because I have been told I kinda look like Keanu Reaves from Bill and Ted. Ok, so its more I look like Ted... but not like Keanu Reaves. Make sense?
hahahahahahaha oh my god. for the longest time, i've thought you were like mid-40s with a family. tom-style. that's crazy. you are fucking 19.

rage patton
02-29-2008, 01:41 PM
hahahahahahaha oh my god. for the longest time, i've thought you were like mid-40s with a family. tom-style. that's crazy. you are fucking 19.

Hahaha. Really? What gave you that impression?

Oh, and I was born a year before Bill and Ted came out. I thought it came out in 1988, but it came out in '89.

tessalasset
02-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Hahaha. Really? What gave you that impression?

i think just cause you were so bummed about Madness. i didn't realize you were just an Andrew # 2.

suprefan
02-29-2008, 01:57 PM
SWEET I found out who it is. My previous postings were wrong. It is someone big. It's also not Radiohead. I probably should even be opening my mouth now.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

paulb
02-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Hopefully they play American Idiot in its entirety for you guys...

suprefan
02-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Hopefully they play American Idiot in its entirety for you guys...

Seen it at The Wiltern in 2005.

rage patton
02-29-2008, 02:05 PM
i think just cause you were so bummed about Madness. i didn't realize you were just an Andrew # 2.

Ahhh yes. That assumption would make sense then. Yeah, I don't know many people my age who listen to Madness. And most who know who Madness are, think they are "that one hit wonder band from the 80's." Ugh...
Also, I don't know many people my age who are Mike Patton fans. Actually, I don't know many people my age who know who Mike Patton even is, or who Faith No More are. Most people I met who are Patton fans are in their late twenties.
So I can see how people would think I am older. I guess my musical taste ages me.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Didn't know you where a Panic at the Disco fan

why would being born in burbank make me a panic fan?

paulb
Seen it at The Wiltern in 2005.

they played the Wiltern in 05? Damn...I saw them at GM Place in 05... its too bad the 2 american idiot tours were the identical shows...both being very good though. JEW as a opener was 100x than Sugarcult or whatever in 04.

Blinken
Yeah i thought you were around 24 like me rage, until the thread about the fisrt album or song that turned you on too music

Blinken
02-29-2008, 02:09 PM
why would being born in burbank make me a panic fan?

We were talking about how Panic at the Disco fans weren't alive for Bill and Ted, then you stated you were alive . . .

ThomThom
02-29-2008, 02:13 PM
It's Angels and Airwaves

rage patton
02-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Duh. Its Hanson guys!

suprefan
02-29-2008, 02:15 PM
they played the Wiltern in 05? Damn...I saw them at GM Place in 05... its too bad the 2 american idiot tours were the identical shows...both being very good though. JEW as a opener was 100x than Sugarcult or whatever in 04.

Oh and The Network was the opener for the Wiltern show which destroys all. They did some special ''American Idiot'' performances following the final leg of the u.s. tour at the end of that summer. I had seem them like 3 weeks earlier at SBC Park in San Francisco with like 50,000 people, JEW and Flogging Molly were the support acts.

ThomThom
02-29-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm telling you it's Angels and Airwaves

Ardentbiscuit
02-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Is it really Angels and Airwaves? I could imagine Tom Delonge being the kind of guy who would like Bill and Ted's but I hope it's not them.

Why would they make it secret? They didn't make the tiny show where they played at the drum off secret.

paulb
02-29-2008, 02:18 PM
have fun with Tom...

Blinken
02-29-2008, 02:18 PM
i don't think they are big enough to warrent this kind of secret show.

ThomThom
02-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Fall Out Boy with special guest Plain White T's...ZZZOMGZZZ!

Sonicifyouwantit
We were talking about how Panic at the Disco fans weren't alive for Bill and Ted, then you stated you were alive . . .

oh yeah I was just randomly stating that I was alive, since 1979 actually

paulb
haha.

ThomThom
02-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Oh shit Paul... You REALLY do not want to know who it REALLY is...

Ardentbiscuit
02-29-2008, 02:21 PM
SWEET I found out who it is. My previous postings were wrong. It is someone big. It's also not Radiohead. I probably shouldn't even be opening my mouth now.

Edit: shouldn't

Just give us a hint at least. :)

paulb
02-29-2008, 02:22 PM
u just throwin around fake names now? If it were Bboys, Prodigy, Justice id be jealous...

suprefan
02-29-2008, 02:22 PM
u just throwin around fake names now? If it were Bboys, Prodigy, Justice id be jealous...

I hope its Bboys, you couldnt get in no matter how much money you threw at the door guy.

paulb
02-29-2008, 02:23 PM
I hope its Bboys, you couldnt get in no matter how much money you threw at the door guy.

cause Im not old enough? That really stopped me when i flew to NYC and saw them in a tiny club and twas 21+

ThomThom
02-29-2008, 02:24 PM

Your rude Chris, I hope it's Thrice and you get thrown out for having a camera

Sonicifyouwantit
02-29-2008, 02:25 PM
I love how one person finds out (if they really did) and then refuses to tell but loves to say they know. you could always pm us, then no one would know you broke silence

suprefan
02-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Your rude Chris, I hope it's Thrice and you get thrown out for having a camera

Well, Dutsin and Teppei do have some killer riffs that woudl deem them worthy of Wyld Stallyons awesoemness, so let it be them.

tessalasset
02-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Duh. Its Hanson guys!

nah they already played there in August and it wasn't as hardcore as this. that show fucking ruled tho.

I love how one person finds out (if they really did) and then refuses to tell but loves to say they know. you could always pm us, then no one would know you broke silenceim just excited it's not some random local band that i would have wasted twenty bucks on is all.

moviebruin
02-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Tixs are soldout online! although I guess theyll be the usual very lmtd tixs avail at door. If it is in fact someone big (please not bravery or angels and airwaves) I can see people sleeping on the streets of silverlake on st pattys night.

Blinken
02-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Shit! I had a couple friends wanting to go with me but the damn one ticket limit prevented me from getting theirs when i got mine. Shit.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-29-2008, 02:55 PM
Shit! I had a couple friends wanting to go with me but the damn one ticket limit prevented me from getting theirs when i got mine. Shit.

roll solo man, you'll have message board friends there, we are all you need.

I just dont see it being angels and airwaves with a 1 ticket limit, maybe blink 182 reunion but not angels.

paulb
02-29-2008, 02:58 PM
now a blink 182 reunion...that would be worth going to.

Blinken
02-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Oh i am going for sure. It just kinda sucks for them, cause they were waiting to get off work to get the tickets. hahaha

paulb
02-29-2008, 03:02 PM
comon, just say it already....

Sonicifyouwantit
02-29-2008, 03:28 PM
say it, saaaay it. SEGA!
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh52/sonicifyouwantit/SEGA-MasterSystem.jpg

paulb
02-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Sega was fuckin dope with Sonic and Tales 2, Alladin....The Lion King...at least those were the games i played when Sega was hot shit.

Blinken
02-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Wow not even genesis, you go all the back to master system. I loved my genesis, but i kinda regreted not choosing the SNES, when i say Mario World, and The new Zelda.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Wow not even genesis, you go all the back to master system. I loved my genesis, but i kinda regreted not choosing the SNES, when i say Mario World, and The new Zelda.

I got sega mastersystem when it first released! SNES was skipable...N64 thats another story (a must have...at the time)

rage patton
02-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Nintendo>Sega

Blinken
02-29-2008, 03:39 PM
http://games.gearlive.com/blogimages/goldeneye.jpg
FTW

Sonicifyouwantit
Nintendo>Sega

I downloaded a bunch of sega and nintendo games recently, god I dont know how my eyes didnt go crossed staring at those graphics as long as I used to

Sonicifyouwantit
http://games.gearlive.com/blogimages/goldeneye.jpg
FTW

HAHA I knew goldeneye would come up after I said N64

Blinken
02-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Had too, that Orcanaria of Time, Smash Brothers, I still use my 64 for those games from time to time.

rage patton
02-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Fuck Goldeneye...

http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/67747/BanjoKazooie_qjgenth.jpeg

This game is constantly in a battle to the death for my favourite video game of all time with Ocarina of Time.

Blinken
02-29-2008, 03:46 PM
I never played much Banjo-Kazooie, when it came out i was kind of over platformers. It was a good game though.

psychic friend
02-29-2008, 04:02 PM
http://cdbaby.com/cd/lineinthesand

Wyld Stallions Records, LLC and the Riot-Folk Collective have joined forces to produce “Line in the Sand: A Compilation in Support of Iraq Veterans Against the War”. The CD features 18 anti-war tracks, all in strong support of our generation’s Veterans. Contributing artists include Ryan Harvey, Jonah Matranga, Cloud Cult, and Tom Morello, courtesy of Epic Records.

ThomThom
02-29-2008, 04:04 PM
OMGWTFBBQ! DANI JUST CONFIRMED RATM IS PLAYING!!!!

Blinken
02-29-2008, 04:06 PM
That is Satllions with an I not a Y.

Blinken
02-29-2008, 04:08 PM
I think she confirmed the nightwatchman is playing

Ardentbiscuit
02-29-2008, 04:57 PM
A benefit concert with a 1 ticket limit, I've never seen that.

Also, Nightwatchmen just did a benefit concert at the Roxy.

And they play Mondays for a month at a time at the Hotel Cafe.

If it was a benefit concert, wouldn't they say BENEFIT CONCERT so they could get more support.

luckyface
02-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Plus, Nightwatchman is not big. He sucks ass.

Blinken
02-29-2008, 05:00 PM
I was joking no way would this be for the nightwatchman

Sonicifyouwantit
02-29-2008, 07:13 PM
PF killed our joy.

Young blood
02-29-2008, 09:39 PM
http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1518071&vid=212976

song is great video sux my ballz

traviscanada
03-01-2008, 09:00 PM

It is true, Excellent Adventure is better imho.

traviscanada
03-01-2008, 09:03 PM
say it, saaaay it. SEGA!
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh52/sonicifyouwantit/SEGA-MasterSystem.jpg

I had 3 of those games. Loved the master system.

rage patton
03-01-2008, 09:04 PM
It is true, Excellent Adventure is better imho.

I don't think there is any debating it actually. However, it doesn't take away from the fact Bogus Journey was a fun movie.

moviebruin
03-02-2008, 01:19 AM
Just back from the Holy Fuck/Place 2 Bury Strangers show at Spaceland. Both killed it. no doubt that Holy Fuck will join the Mogwai/Explosions in the Sky level in the next few months. Anyways, I was rapping it down w/ the Spaceland staff and I can say its officially confirmed that "Wyld Stallyons" is in fact the bravery. what a fuckin let down. 50 bucks down the drain. oh well.

Sushov23
03-02-2008, 02:48 AM
LIES LIES LIES

moviebruin
03-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Yeah I'm hoping my source is just fucking with me or really is not allowed to tell me.

moviebruin - did they play Fogtown? was that the other song?

NrlkDfk_f-c

They played Van Morrison "Into the Mystic"

Blinken
03-02-2008, 09:46 AM
I can't believe it is the Bravery, they aren't big enough to warrent a secret show like this. Right?

rage patton
03-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Tessa sounded excited when she found out the band. I'm pretty sure its not The Bravery.

Ardentbiscuit
03-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Just back from the Holy Fuck/Place 2 Bury Strangers show at Spaceland. Both killed it. no doubt that Holy Fuck will join the Mogwai/Explosions in the Sky level in the next few months. Anyways, I was rapping it down w/ the Spaceland staff and I can say its officially confirmed that "Wyld Stallyons" is in fact the bravery. what a fuckin let down. 50 bucks down the drain. oh well.

Let's hope "it was an honest mistake" and not the bravery.

I hardly think they would have to hide the name of the bravery if they played Spaceland.

They didn't hide the name when Jet played not too long ago.

suprefan
03-02-2008, 11:04 AM

Man they are going to play to a half empty place if it is them then.

moviebruin
03-02-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm taking it as confirmed. It was from the ticket girl and at first she had no idea what i was talking about until I mentioned it was billed the Wyld Styallons. Then she realized and laughed, but still wouldnt tell me who it was until i pointed out to her that it was soldout already and that i already had bought tixs, only then did she say ok it's the Bravery. I kind of wish I woulda asked who the surprise guest is for tonite's 13th anniversary show. I have reasons to believe it's Silversun.

ThomThom
03-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Jesus, I wouldn't even see The Bravery for free.

Sushov23
03-02-2008, 04:58 PM
Is it really the Bravery? The Bravery didn't even charge 20 bucks on their own show.

ThomThom
03-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Is it really the Bravery? The Bravery didn't even charge 20 bucks on their own show.

HAHAHA... This is robbery.

Blinken
03-02-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm taking it as confirmed. It was from the ticket girl and at first she had no idea what i was talking about until I mentioned it was billed the Wyld Styallons. Then she realized and laughed, but still wouldnt tell me who it was until i pointed out to her that it was soldout already and that i already had bought tixs, only then did she say ok it's the Bravery. I kind of wish I woulda asked who the surprise guest is for tonite's 13th anniversary show. I have reasons to believe it's Silversun.

Maybe she thought that is what you were asking. The Bravery could be the surprise guest for tonight.

ThomThom
03-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Ironically, The Bravery's new version of their latest album releases on March 18th and...

Mar 13 2008 8:00P
Fillmore San Francisco, California
Mar 14 2008 8:00P
Harrah’s Lake Tahoe, California

Mar 20 2008 8:00P
The Rock Tucson, Arizona

Their free! I hope you all have fun at this one, should make for a killer set!

bmack86
03-02-2008, 06:13 PM
All I can say is that I hope this isn't the case.

Blinken
03-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Ironically, The Bravery's new version of their latest album releases on March 18th and...

Mar 13 2008 8:00P
Fillmore San Francisco, California
Mar 14 2008 8:00P
Harrah’s Lake Tahoe, California

Mar 20 2008 8:00P
The Rock Tucson, Arizona

Their free! I hope you all have fun at this one, should make for a killer set!

God damnit Thom. Why must with fuck with me like this. Fuck your sound logic and reasoning bullshit. I choose to believe outlandish scenerios, how about Nine Inch Nails.

bmack86
03-02-2008, 07:22 PM
The Bravery played UCLA campus in 2005 and weren't very charming or good.

ThomThom
03-02-2008, 07:27 PM
The Bravery played UCLA campus in 2005 and weren't very charming or good.

Yeah they have been at a few of those KROQ radio fests I have attended in the past and they were definitely one of those "time to get a drink or something to eat" bands... Horrible, to say the least.

rage patton
03-02-2008, 07:52 PM
I used to like The Bravery. Then I went back and listened to them a little while ago actually, before all this came up. I listened to them because they were comming to Vancouver and I was considering going, but I wanted to listen to them again. Thank god I didn't buy tickets. They are terrible. I dont see what I once saw in them.

tessalasset
03-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Me neither. The Bravery are horrible live.

Sushov23
03-02-2008, 11:37 PM
is this show really the bravery?

ThomThom
03-02-2008, 11:42 PM
is this show really the bravery?

Unfortunately, all signs are pointing to yes.

tessalasset
03-03-2008, 12:01 AM
All I can say is this: either I'm being lied to or moviebruin is being lied to.

Sushov23
03-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Hope for a different band. YES!

Ardentbiscuit
03-03-2008, 07:02 AM

So who were you told? Since we already have one name. Thanks!

I don't hate the Bravery, just don't think they warrant secret show hype especially since they just played in Los Angeles.

tessalasset
03-03-2008, 08:29 AM
I can't say. It just wasn't the Bravery.

moviebruin
03-03-2008, 10:34 AM

I certainly hope I'm the one being lied to. Although, Im not sure why the girl would make up a name. she sounded pretty confident.

moviebruin
03-03-2008, 10:35 AM
LIES LIES LIES

Sushov, I can also confirm 100% that the Alvin and the Chipmunks will be performing LIVE at the El Rey for their DVD release and tour! haha. Im not even kidding.

Sushov23
03-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Sushov, I can also confirm 100% that the Alvin and the Chipmunks will be performing LIVE at the El Rey for their DVD release and tour! haha. Im not even kidding.

I'm there. front row.

Sushov23
03-03-2008, 10:47 AM
good times

Blinken
03-03-2008, 11:17 AM
I really hope that girl was lying to you bruin. I am going to trust Tessa's source on this, and say no Bravery.

Ardentbiscuit
03-03-2008, 12:59 PM
I hope it's not the bravery but if it is, we will go to the Red Lion and get the Cock in a cup in honor of them.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/ardentbiscuit/cup.jpg

tessalasset
03-03-2008, 01:27 PM

HAHAHAHAHA where the hell did you hear that??

Blinken
03-03-2008, 03:55 PM
I hope it's not the bravery but if it is, we will go to the Red Lion and get the Cock in a cup in honor of them.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r285/ardentbiscuit/cup.jpg

That looks absolutely horrible.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
That looks absolutely horrible.

actually the split pea soup there is really good, but unfortunately they find some raw humor in putting the hot dog in it like that...its embarrasing when you order it and are not expecting it. RED LION!!

JustSteve
03-03-2008, 04:13 PM
umm, it's called "cock in a cup"...what else would you expect?

Blinken
03-03-2008, 04:43 PM

True . . .

Sonicifyouwantit
03-03-2008, 04:44 PM

thats not actually what its called. its called split pea soup

Blinken
03-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Is this place close to spaceland? I have never actually been to spaceland.

woogie846
03-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Maybe its foo fighters and they couldnt play another show at Paladinos this time...

Paladino's represent!

JustSteve
03-03-2008, 06:21 PM
foo - march 19th in ottawa, eh.

suprefan
03-03-2008, 06:24 PM
foo - march 19th in ottawa, eh.

Yeah I saw, I never bothered to edit my post, like it matters. It wouldve worked, but yeah, Paladinos is the s**t though for having them play there.

moviebruin
03-03-2008, 09:25 PM
HAHAHAHAHA where the hell did you hear that??

I work for fox and my coworker is planning the whole tour. mostly malls and such until of course leading to the huge climax concert of the year...Alviiiiiiiin live from the El Rey!

ThomThom
03-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah I saw, I never bothered to edit my post, like it matters. It wouldve worked, but yeah, Paladinos is the s**t though for having them play there.

Would you shut the fuck up already about that damn Paladino's show?

tessalasset
03-04-2008, 12:24 AM
I work for fox and my coworker is planning the whole tour. mostly malls and such until of course leading to the huge climax concert of the year...Alviiiiiiiin live from the El Rey!Hell yeah dude. It's gonna be sick.

Ardentbiscuit
03-04-2008, 01:37 AM
So when did Alvin and the Chipmunks go Hip hop?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IH8md97xNZ8&feature=related

And why was David Cross in the movie?

luckyface
03-04-2008, 08:45 AM
And why was David Cross in the movie?

David Cross is in a ton of terrible movies. Check out his IMDB page.

Sonicifyouwantit
03-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Is this place close to spaceland? I have never actually been to spaceland.

yeah if you continue east on silverlake past spaceland go up and over the hill past the resevoir where the street T's I believe on glendale blvd make a right and you'll see red lion about two blocks up on east side of street.

suprefan
03-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Well , Live 105 just announced their St Patricks Day thing with The Bravery up in SF, lets hope they get too drunk and not make it, if its even them for this.

Ardentbiscuit
03-06-2008, 06:13 AM
It says on live 105 that this concert is on the 13th, still quite a few days away from the spaceland show.

I am still holding out hope that it's not The Bravery.

I have nothing against them but I don't see why they would have to hide their name. It's not like they are that big.

Spaceland has definitely had many other shows of bigger names that were announced.

woogie846
03-06-2008, 06:53 AM
Me neither. The Bravery are horrible live.

The Bravery are horrible period.

Ardentbiscuit
03-06-2008, 07:23 AM
This is going to sound bad but I even rather see Panic at the Disco than the bravery...

GoEastYoungMan
03-06-2008, 07:25 AM
I got sega mastersystem when it first released! SNES was skipable...N64 thats another story (a must have...at the time)

This is a ridiculous statement. The N64 was the skippable one. It had four good games.

Ardentbiscuit
03-06-2008, 07:29 AM
The best game on the N64 was Goldeneye.

As for game systems, the game system that will be always and forever in my heart is the Dreamcast.

GoEastYoungMan
03-06-2008, 07:30 AM
The best game on the N64 was Goldeneye.

As for game systems, the game system that will be always and forever in my heart is the Dreamcast.

I still own and play mine regularly. The hours I've poured into Soul Calibur...

suprefan
03-06-2008, 10:37 AM
It says on live 105 that this concert is on the 13th, still quite a few days away from the spaceland show.

I am still holding out hope that it's not The Bravery.

I have nothing against them but I don't see why they would have to hide their name. It's not like they are that big.

Spaceland has definitely had many other shows of bigger names that were announced.

No, this is a diffferent thing, not the fillmore show. They are having an event at some club on St Pats.

Ardentbiscuit
03-06-2008, 12:07 PM
I just scanned the live 105 site. I didn't see anything about the club event but that does not bode well for our hopes of who's playing the spaceland show. :(

reverb
03-06-2008, 12:33 PM
I just scanned the live 105 site. I didn't see anything about the club event but that does not bode well for our hopes of who's playing the spaceland show. :(

agreed.

also, i find it interesting that there is no discussion of this at all on the bravery's message board.

Blinken
03-06-2008, 01:07 PM
I still refuse to believe that it is the bravery. They would not have to hide their name. Although my buddy keeps telling me that they are hiding their name to sell more tickets.

tessalasset
03-06-2008, 01:11 PM
this is a possibility.

tessalasset
03-06-2008, 01:11 PM
i mean look how much we've been talking about it.

Blinken
03-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah i know, i doubt a band would do something that shady though.

woogie846
03-06-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't know Blinkin, the Bravery seem like a pretty shady band. All of those fauxhawks (as in FAKE *wink wink* mohawk) make me a little suspicious...

Blinken
03-06-2008, 03:55 PM
I don't know Blinkin, the Bravery seem like a pretty shady band. All of those fauxhawks (as in FAKE *wink wink* mohawk) make me a little suspicious...

you bring up a good point about the fauxhawks, but i still won't believe it until they take the stage and the audience riots.

Ardentbiscuit
03-06-2008, 07:29 PM
I can almost say that I would guess it's The Bravery for sure because they are doing an in store meet and greet at the Hollywood and highland Virgin Megastore the same day...

Tuesday, March 18th @ 7pm
Meet The Bravery!

Purchase your copy of “The Sun and the Moon Complete” at this location to receive a wristband to have it signed by the band. Sign up for your VIP card for the chance to win some great, exclusive prizes during the event.

paulb
03-06-2008, 07:42 PM
The Bravery are friggin queer...have fun at their show... ive seen them 3 times, opening for acts I went to see...i hope I never have to sit through one of their sets again.

suprefan
03-06-2008, 08:53 PM
I can almost say that I would guess it's The Bravery for sure because they are doing an in store meet and greet at the Hollywood and highland Virgin Megastore the same day...

Tuesday, March 18th @ 7pm
Meet The Bravery!

Purchase your copy of “The Sun and the Moon Complete” at this location to receive a wristband to have it signed by the band. Sign up for your VIP card for the chance to win some great, exclusive prizes during the event.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

luckyface
03-06-2008, 09:29 PM
I think I got it. The Bravery would never have been able to sell out the Spaceland as themselves, so they wanted to do the secret gig thing in order to do so. It all makes sense now.

rage patton
03-06-2008, 09:31 PM
I think I got it. The Bravery would never have been able to sell out the Spaceland as themselves, so they wanted to do the secret gig thing in order to do so. It all makes sense now.

How many people does Spaceland hold?

luckyface
03-06-2008, 09:47 PM
How many people does Spaceland hold?

Like 300. It was sarcasm, unfortunately.

rage patton
03-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Like 300. It was sarcasm, unfortunately.

Hahahaha. No, I figured it was sarcasm, I was just curious. But I wouldn't doubt it. Last time The Bravery came to Vancouver, they played a club which holds 400 people. I don't think it sold out.
Why do you all think its the Bravery though? Tessa said she heard it wasn't the Bravery. Isn't her source more credible then this random guy who is claiming he heard it was the Bravery? Im not saying he made it up, I believe him that someone working there told him... but still.

luckyface
03-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Hahahaha. No, I figured it was sarcasm, I was just curious. But I wouldn't doubt it. Last time The Bravery came to Vancouver, they played a club which holds 400 people. I don't think it sold out.
Why do you all think its the Bravery though? Tessa said she heard it wasn't the Bravery. Isn't her source more credible then this random guy who is claiming he heard it was the Bravery? Im not saying he made it up, I believe him that someone working there told him... but still.

It might turn out to be someone else, but it's looking pretty likely at this point. The fact they have now been placed in the LA area on the day in question, days after the Spaceland confirm, is pretty telling. Also, I think Tessa wasn't sure if her source was 100% accurate.

tessalasset
03-06-2008, 11:39 PM
There's no way I can be 100% sure until the band comes on the stage.

suprefan
03-07-2008, 12:39 AM
There's no way I can be 100% sure until the band comes on the stage.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Cdubby
03-07-2008, 04:20 AM
lol, the bravery.

Ardentbiscuit
03-07-2008, 06:11 AM
Signs point to the bravery but we can only hope and pray it's not.

tessalasset
03-07-2008, 07:28 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

that's the nature of the biz i'm afraid.

Blinken
03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
So i was joking earlier when i said NIN, but with the rumor of Lolla, the new Ghost album. What are the chances of it actually being Trent getting ready for an American tour? Does he ever do small shows like this?

rage patton
03-07-2008, 12:54 PM
NIN would insane. I would kill for a chance to see NIN in a 300 person venue.

paulb
03-07-2008, 01:07 PM

did you see that Year Zero secret show they did, they webcasted it after...? It looked unreal...

suprefan
03-07-2008, 04:32 PM

I got to see them in a 900 capacity venue in 06, that was the s**t. Longest wait ever in line for a show and I wasnt even first.

Oh and

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bmack86
03-07-2008, 04:40 PM
What show was that Chris? one of the ones in San Diego? I saw them down there, it was great.

rage patton
03-07-2008, 04:43 PM
I hope NIN does a small theatre tour this year or something like Tool did in 06. Actually, I dont care where NIN play, I just want to see them this year.

luckyface
03-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Man, I saw NIN back in 2005 at the Marquee in Tempe, which is I believe 1,000 person venue. It was so amazing! The show got out at 12 and 6 hours later I was on a plane to Hawaii. That right there might have been the beginning of one of the best weeks of my life.

suprefan
03-07-2008, 04:47 PM
What show was that Chris? one of the ones in San Diego? I saw them down there, it was great.

Key Club at Morongo 3/31/06, it was a fan club only show, obviously kept a pretty good secret cause it was announced the day before it went on sale to just Spiral members and whatnot, then they did a TM onsale and there werent even any tickets really sold to that. Soma in Sd holds about 1700, that was in 05 before Coachella, I didnt go.
Setlist

Pinion
Wish
Sin
Terrible Lie
March of the Pigs
The Frail/The Wretched
Closer
Mr Self Destruct
Piggy
Burn
Only
Home
Please
Reptile
Dead Souls
You Know What You Are?
Gave Up
Suck
Hurt
Starfuckers, INC
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like A Hole

rage patton
03-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Man, I saw NIN back in 2005 at the Marquee in Tempe, which is I believe 1,000 person venue. It was so amazing! The show got out at 12 and 6 hours later I was on a plane to Hawaii. That right there might have been the beginning of one of the best weeks of my life.

When they played in Vancouver in '05, they played a 16,000 person stadium. Was this a special show you saw? Or do they regularly play theatres in some places?

bmack86
03-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Setlist from the show I saw was pretty awesome

Wish
Sin
The Line Begins to Blur
March of the Pigs
Something I Can Never Have
The Hand that Feeds
Terrible Lie
Burn
Closer
Home
Even Deeper
Reptile
Love is Not Enough
Suck
Gave Up

The Day the World Went Away
Hurt
Starfuckers, Inc
Head Like a Hole

Dead Soul would have been great.

suprefan
03-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Was this a special show you saw? Or do they regularly play theatres in some places?

As mentioned, FAN CLUB ONLY. People from around the country went to this thing. I met some girl who had flow in from Chicago, this other dude in line behind me had come from Montreal, all fan club. So yeah, special indeed. Speaking of which, I need to renew my membership so I can get nice seats (or pit) for wherever they end up here on the tour.

Ardentbiscuit
03-07-2008, 05:04 PM
I remember that NIN show. I wanted to go but I had other commitments that day.

Wow, the key club morongo sure went out of business fast. And all of the clubs and venues they have had there have gone out of business too. Desert rain, etc.

suprefan
03-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Yeah it was weird the last time I had gone there to gamble, there was nothign happenign other than like the lounge thing next to the main bar.