PDA

View Full Version : Help!

x Mia x
02-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi,

We are three girls, 2 from Australia and 1 from Ireland. This is our first Coachella experience and we are trying to find accommodation.

We are keen to camp out but does anyone know of lockers or some such thing nearby where we can store all our gear as we are will be backpacking at the time.

Or can anyone recommend a cheap place to stay??? We are accustomed to hostels but can't seem to find any hostels around that area.

Thanks so much for your help. Peace.

traviscanada
02-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi,

We are three girls, 2 from Australia and 1 from Ireland. This is our first Coachella experience and we are trying to find accommodation.

We are keen to camp out but does anyone know of lockers or some such thing nearby where we can store all our gear as we are will be backpacking at the time.

Or can anyone recommend a cheap place to stay??? We are accustomed to hostels but can't seem to find any hostels around that area.

I think alot of lockers (like airport lockers) no longer exsist since 9/11.... I do think I remember the grey hound station in Indio having lockers (not sure if they still do, and what the policy/price/etc is)... Other than that there are some lockers inside the actual festival. (http://lockersonline.com/reserve.html http://lockersonline.com/reserve.html ) although those are probably not what your looking for.

gratytrainridesagain
02-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Most the time your stuff will be safe in your tent I haven't heard of anyone having too many problems with just leaving it the tent.

x Mia x
02-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Thank you! This is a great help. Those lockers are exactly what we need! Cheers.

JClemy
02-27-2008, 08:44 PM
Yea you can leave stuff in your tent at the campground. I don't think crime is a big problem in the tent city.

Gyrus
02-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Hi,

Woo, more australians!!!
There's like a crew of 10 of us going, I'm goin plush this year and staying at the Renaissance in Indian Wells. Fantastic travel agent rates :)

So yeah depending on what you're doing you can either:

a) leave your shit in the boot of the car you hire to drive out to palm springs and take in what you need to tent city (did this last year). As has been said though, crime isnt really an issue in the campground (apart from the random wanker you encounter) so you could just bring your shit in though this might make the tent a little cramped.

b) LAX - Los Angeles International airport used to have a left luggage facility, closed now but you can go to this website, call the number and they come to the airport to get your shit:
http://www.lawa.org/lax/tenantlaxresults.cfm?s_catid=85&siteFormat=lax&s_airport=4

c) Stay in a hotel and leave your shit there.

Hope that helps

NuttyVic
03-04-2008, 03:10 PM
HEY! Its my first time aswell in Coachella and Im comin from London! Im still not sure if to stay in a hotel, tent or the vip tent rental. What r u girls thinking of doing? Im going by myself to LA!

www.myspace.com/vickydaman

ceva81
03-04-2008, 05:28 PM
is there any vip ten rental?

NuttyVic
03-04-2008, 05:32 PM
yes there is. Im thinking on renting one. Its 700$ for 2 person tent.

** THIS IS FOR VIP ONSITE TENT HOTEL **

Everything you need is already there!

When you arrive at this exclusive Onsite Lodging area, your tent with air beds, new sleeping bags and pillows will already be set up for you. All tents and sleeping bags are high quality. When you are done for the weekend, sleeping bags and pillows will be donated to local homeless organizations. Choose from a 2, 4 or 6 person tent (which sizes range from 200 to 400 square feet). You may purchase a 4 or 6 person sized tent for use with less people if you choose. We will ship you your lodging wristbands and information approximately 4 weeks prior to the festival.