PDA

View Full Version : What Hotel are you staying in?

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-27-2008, 08:32 AM
For those staying in hotels, so we can find fellow coachellagoers and hang out.

I'm staying in Rancho Las Palmas Resort.

fbslimrocks
03-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Doral Desert Princess Resort

Jagh20
03-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Motel 6 baby!!!!!!!!

Indio

digitalface
03-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Vagabond Inn, Palm Springs.

rAnimatorX2
03-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I , Palm Desert

fatbastard
03-05-2008, 11:14 AM
The only stipulation on my hotel is that you can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

http://vinylzart.com/images/AlbumCovers-Eagles-HotelCalifornia(1976).jpg

nationocean
03-05-2008, 11:41 AM
I have an Indian Wells Resort Suite and one of those VIP tents for 4 people for just myself and a friend. Not sure which one I will use yet.

Cammo
03-05-2008, 11:45 AM
I'll be at the international lodge :)

dormski
03-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Fantasy Springs

SFChrissy
03-05-2008, 11:51 AM
indio blvd motel...she saves a room for me every year!!!

GaragePoet
03-05-2008, 12:10 PM
indio blvd motel...she saves a room for me every year!!!

not that nasty little crack whore motel next to the motel 6?? my bro & i stayed there the first year & it was NASTY!! i won't even get into it all, but we slept in our sleeping bags on top of the bed w/ the lights on... i'm gettin' freaked out again just thinkin' about it.

we stay at the motel 6 in palm desert now, about 10 mins. down the road from the venue...

tAMMY
03-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Sixth year coming,onsite camper every year!

This year,however,i'm doin' it up big,and reserved at the motel 6.

I'll be camping onsite as well,just thought it would be nice to not wait in line for a shower in the good ol' trailers for once.

I've read bits and pieces about this particular motel 6 here on the MB...anything anyone has to add?

traviscanada
03-05-2008, 02:49 PM
7 springs or something like that in palm spring, however that is just Wednesday, camping after that.

amyzzz
03-05-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm at the Marquis Villas Resort in Palm Springs. I've stayed there every year I've gone except last year when I camped.

SubBass49
03-05-2008, 09:26 PM
not that nasty little crack whore motel next to the motel 6?? my bro & i stayed there the first year & it was NASTY!! i won't even get into it all, but we slept in our sleeping bags on top of the bed w/ the lights on... i'm gettin' freaked out again just thinkin' about it.

we stay at the motel 6 in palm desert now, about 10 mins. down the road from the venue...

Ahhh yes...good times back in 99...egh...

I don't know what was better...the dead grasshoppers all over the floor, the broken window in the bathroom, or the pile of dirty clothing in the corner of the room...

Scary night...

SubBass49
03-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Sixth year coming,onsite camper every year!

This year,however,i'm doin' it up big,and reserved at the motel 6.

I'll be camping onsite as well,just thought it would be nice to not wait in line for a shower in the good ol' trailers for once.

I've read bits and pieces about this particular motel 6 here on the MB...anything anyone has to add?

Which Motel 6 is it? My bro (Garage Poet) and I have stayed at the one right there off the 10 at Monroe once before...but now we stay at the one in Palm Desert.

jimmycrackcorn
03-05-2008, 09:35 PM
The only stipulation on my hotel is that you can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

http://vinylzart.com/images/AlbumCovers-Eagles-HotelCalifornia(1976).jpg

how funny... i used to live close to that place... it's on e. palm canyon and i always wondered what it was like inside...

chiapet
03-05-2008, 10:24 PM
dead grasshoppers??? wtf?

emtgreg
03-06-2008, 01:27 AM
"hotel california" is a college now...

i do belive it is "cal state university channel islands"

or c-suci to the cynical...(pronounced sea-sucky)

lubita77
03-06-2008, 04:33 AM
Legacy Villas condo, in La Quinta.

[]s!

SubBass49
03-06-2008, 05:30 AM
dead grasshoppers??? wtf?

Yep...all over the floor...

whatever you do, DON'T stay at the motel right there off of I-10 and Monroe in Indio...the Motel 6 is OK, but the other one with the convenience store out front is SHADY...

I think the dirty clothes were more freaky than the bugs...I kept expecting their owner to jump out from behind something bare-ass naked with a butcher knife...

EDIT: Of course...that was back in 99...I'd be surprised if they didn't get shut down by the health inspector by now...

MiamiNate
03-06-2008, 06:20 AM
travelodge palm springs

jimmycrackcorn
03-06-2008, 07:23 AM
"hotel california" is a college now...

i do belive it is "cal state university channel islands"

or c-suci to the cynical...(pronounced sea-sucky)

no not THAT building pictured on the front of that albulm... there is a hotel california (not pictured) on E. palm canyon... it's pretty small, and always caught my attention as i drove by -shrugs-

scoop49er
03-06-2008, 08:41 AM
staying at the motel 6 in palm springs right off I-10 20-30 min drive into the fest.

digitalface
03-06-2008, 09:24 AM
travelodge palm springs

Wear shoes in your room! The last time I stayed there we made the mistake of going barefoot and our feet were black in minutes.

JustSteve
03-06-2008, 09:56 AM
staying at the motel 6 in palm springs right off I-10 20-30 min drive into the fest.

i actually booked a little closer this year. now i am at the one at the 10 and washington, should be a little easier to get to at night. washington is the exit i get off at to get to the festival, so the motel is right there.

SFChrissy
03-06-2008, 10:04 AM

There's an interesting story behind that place and I'd say that yes 'bout 12 years ago that hotel was a nasty piece of shit that I rolled into wasted drunk after a skydive reunion for my dad where I got to make my first skydive skattering his ashes over the coachella valley...years later I stayed for coachella...the owners have made significant up grades and she mostly caters to the outa town construction crews and for coachella she usually has the sames guests from year to year...seeing how she saves a room for us every year and takes really good care of us is all that matters to me!!!

scoop49er
03-06-2008, 10:10 AM
i actually booked a little closer this year. now i am at the one at the 10 and washington, should be a little easier to get to at night. washington is the exit i get off at to get to the festival, so the motel is right there.

yeah i use the washington exit and just make a turn on i think 50th or 52nd to get to the festival. always easy and hardly any traffic. got the tip from a guy last year who had some great tips.

scoop49er
03-06-2008, 10:11 AM
There's an interesting story behind that place and I'd say that yes 'bout 12 years ago that hotel was a nasty piece of shit that I rolled into wasted drunk after a skydive reunion for my dad where I got to make my first skydive skattering his ashes over the coachella valley...years later I stayed for coachella...the owners have made significant up grades and she mostly caters to the outa town construction crews and for coachella she usually has the sames guests from year to year...seeing how she saves a room for us every year and takes really good care of us is all that matters to me!!!

that is very cool that she does that..

im content with where we are 20 30 min away plus it gives us a little head start back to sac so its all good.

emtgreg
03-06-2008, 11:57 AM
im staying at la quinta resort...

i have half an urge to bring my older than me driver/putter/wedge...

since you know, it IS a golf resort lol...

Big$Dreams
03-06-2008, 12:02 PM
I've got 3 vip tents. I know there r only like 50 available, but I need my space. I got to have a tent for lounging around/smoking/drinking, one for all the ladies, and one to escape from all the ladies... I'm not a machine! Jesus.

tAMMY
03-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Which Motel 6 is it? My bro (Garage Poet) and I have stayed at the one right there off the 10 at Monroe once before...but now we stay at the one in Palm Desert.

I-10 @ Monroe ST!

$89.99 a night!

SubBass49
03-06-2008, 04:04 PM
I-10 @ Monroe ST!

$89.99 a night!

Not bad...but I like the one out in Palm Desert...there's a Del Taco, a Burger King, and a sweet little spot called Burger Time for breakfast right there. BOMB-ASS gyros and everything else.

But the one you're at does have a little truck stop just up the road with some tasty burritos...at least I think they were tasty...I tred one in 99 but was so drunk I just walked out of the place because the burrito kept falling apart...lol...good thing my brother was there to babysit me that year...lol...I think I ended up wandering the parking lot barefoot talking to complete strangers...

dabassman
03-30-2008, 09:51 PM

Motel 6 Palm Spings
660 S. palm canyon dr
Follow me I got a non traffic route to the festival....

caeden
03-30-2008, 10:08 PM
travelodge palm springs... the one in indio filled up fast and the one in cathedral city doesn't have wireless internet.

durrrrrrrrdee
04-01-2008, 07:39 PM
redroof.

keep2thestreets
04-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Embassy Suites La Quinta - Hotel & Spa

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/keep2thestreets/LAQCAES_Embassy_Suites_La_Quinta-1.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/keep2thestreets/LAQCAES_Embassy_Suites_La_Quinta-Ho.jpg

anyone else staying there ?

emtgreg
04-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Embassy Suites La Quinta - Hotel & Spa

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/keep2thestreets/LAQCAES_Embassy_Suites_La_Quinta-1.jpg
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/keep2thestreets/LAQCAES_Embassy_Suites_La_Quinta-Ho.jpg

anyone else staying there ?

I stayed there last year, those pictures are very well done...

ie the pool is next to the parking lot, etc

the hotel is NICE though...it is fairly new so everything i saw was in nice condition, the bathrooms were good, the room seemed clean, they were fast checking in at front desk...

I am not staying there this year, however I will probably stay there next year (depending on how the laquinta resort treats me, its bigger, but way older)

MyFilmLife
04-08-2008, 12:50 AM
Best Western Las Brisas Hotel in Palm Springs

I am having second thoughts about grabbing my airbed and seeing if anyone has space at one of the resort places two blocks away from the venue. If you know of any sort of haven like this...PM me! Otherwise I am staying at the Best Western Friday and Saturday.

laynerox
04-12-2008, 10:41 AM
travelodge palm springs

see you there!

laynerox
04-12-2008, 10:42 AM
travelodge palm springs... the one in indio filled up fast and the one in cathedral city doesn't have wireless internet.

see you there!

Californicator
04-12-2008, 11:13 AM
friend booked a HOUSE, within walking distance to the venue. Knew a guy who knew a guy. $100/night total. So with 10 people, 10 bucks per person per night.

I know you're jealous.