PDA

View Full Version : Beverages!?

york707
01-30-2007, 08:46 AM
Edited to ensure continuity.

danno
01-30-2007, 08:48 AM
I know that coachella is smack bang in the middle of....well, nowhere, but is there a shop in the vicinity, which is likely to sell alcohol at 'non festival' prices!?

Its our intention to bring a few 'bevvies' for the ride, but i'm not sure if a *clunk, clink* of bottles would be too appropriate, as we make our way through the arrivals lounge at LAX!!

Peace, Love and death by sexy!

J~$$$
01-30-2007, 08:53 AM
That is not a question.

york707
01-30-2007, 08:53 AM
It's not "in the middle of nowhere" - it's in the middle of a town called Indio, which is very near to a town called Palm Springs. Indio has many grocery stores and convenience stores.

Additionally, it sounds like you are flying into LAX, which is in Los Angeles. As you may or may not be aware, Los Angeles is a decent sized town with many of the amenities you can find in towns all over the country and world.

J~$$$
01-30-2007, 08:55 AM
What the fuck is wrong with this message board. I did not post that comment before the other ones.......

danno
01-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Sorry if i've in someway offended you in anyway??? I was refering to 'late night refuelling'. But ho hum, thanks for answering my question so accomodatingly, unsarcastically and without a hint of facetiousness :)

Peac, Love and death by sexy!!

kroqken
04-25-2007, 09:03 PM
I have seen very few liquor stores in Indio, and I am sure they jack the prices up Coachella weekend. Maybe there is better luck for cheaper alcohol in La Quinta.

ADGZ662
04-25-2007, 10:23 PM
were a town fool of drunks u aren't lookin hard enough!

merznerve
04-25-2007, 11:05 PM
i'm bringing some maker's mark. it was 19 bucks a 750ml at costco

rampaige
04-26-2007, 06:29 AM
This is probably a dumb ass question, but I don't fly very often, and they seem to change the rules every four months depending on what terrorist threat has recently transpired...can you bring beverages onto the plane? What about alcohol? I don't want to spend $5 on a stale beer that's been sitting in the plane for five months, so I was thinking of bringing a little flask o' vodka and getting some sprite from the flight attendant. Advice?

Courtney
04-26-2007, 06:50 AM
This is probably a dumb ass question, but I don't fly very often, and they seem to change the rules every four months depending on what terrorist threat has recently transpired...can you bring beverages onto the plane? What about alcohol? I don't want to spend $5 on a stale beer that's been sitting in the plane for five months, so I was thinking of bringing a little flask o' vodka and getting some sprite from the flight attendant. Advice?

Here read this. (http://www.tsa.gov/311/311-carry-ons.shtm)

You CAN bring aboard liquids that you've purchased in the airport after you go through security. However, airlines have fairly strict rules about drinking your own alcohol on board. (I suspect it's a liability and/or safety thing.) I've seen some airlines let passengers do this with nice wine or champagne if they give the bottle to the flight attendant to hold. But I don't know if there's a standard rule about this.

JustSteve
04-26-2007, 10:08 AM
damn, on the way back from 3 months of backpacking in europe i purchased a bottle of jack and drank the whole flight home from paris to california, pretty much finished the bottle. i think it's the same as with coachella, as long as you are subtle about it, no one in charge will even notice or care.