PDA

View Full Version : RVs @ Coachella

Gyrus
02-25-2008, 04:19 PM
So, If I've read the FAQ properly you have to park em in an RV park correct and u can't stay near the campground yeah?
Closest one being the one here:
http://www.coachella.com/visitors/offsite-camping
3.2 miles from Coachella?

Anyone else hire an RV before for Coachella, is it worth it?
Anyone else doing it this year?

MarkO
02-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Anyone else hire an RV before for Coachella, is it worth it?

Yes and yeah kinda. We split the cost of a 22ft RV 3 ways in '06 and used that. The AC is great but you don't get any more room to sleep than in a tent and they drink gas like it's going out of style. I camped alone in a tent last year and was fine. Trying to recharge things was the only roadblock I hit.

Gyrus
02-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Yes and yeah kinda. We split the cost of a 22ft RV 3 ways in '06 and used that. The AC is great but you don't get any more room to sleep than in a tent and they drink gas like it's going out of style. I camped alone in a tent last year and was fine. Trying to recharge things was the only roadblock I hit.

Yeah we're thinking about it, there's 5 of us though so it'd be split. We'd get one of the big fuckers. I think the AC would be the biggest selling point along with the novelty factor.
Are the RV parks as fun to get loose in as the actual grounds at coachella? I would think so, and there wouldn't be that stupid alcohol rule... hmmm....

sk8r408
02-25-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm seriously considering an RV this year. I already have a site at Lake Cahuilla. I've camped the last three years, but now that I can afford an RV, I might do it. It all depends on wether my friends can drop on it. Camping is cool with me, but usually the ladies want/need an RV, and I think it would be pretty cool. The AC is definately the main selling point! I researched Cruise America RV's. Does anyone know any better/cheaper places?

MarkO
02-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Cheaper isn't better with RV's. If your mom-and-pop rv rental RV shits the bed on I10, you won't likely get a replacement soon. With the bigger co's, you can probably be on your way as soon as they drive one out to you. I used a company called Moturis. The rv was *spotless*.

MarkO
02-25-2008, 09:39 PM
RV's are a boon as they have a fridge, so much room to leave stuff plus you can recharge your cell phone, camera, run your laptop etc. You pay top $ for the convenience though.

lilnikks
02-25-2008, 11:34 PM
i love staying in an RV.. we are currently looking for a few more people for ours. we have a dope spot close to the venue! it is chill and i have been able to drive the RV to the show everyday... it is way better than camping!

sk8r408
02-26-2008, 12:32 AM
I have a spot with electricity, less than 5 miles from the venue. I'ts an RV spot. I'm allowed to have 4 more people, but they don't really check.

Blinken
02-27-2008, 08:49 AM
We used a trailer last yer and it was great. We stayed at Indian Wells, but it was really quiet. That may because we had a spot right upfront. We are camping on-site this year.