PDA

View Full Version : end of the end...Mon 30th April

gaplus
01-30-2007, 06:32 AM
For those who have done the camping thing before, is the final day when every camper has to leave chaos? i.e. buses, cars, taxi's, people everywhere

I was going to book a return on the greyhound bus to L.A. at 10am but was thinking it might be hard to get a taxi back to the bus station considering all the crowds. Would it be a better bet to book the afternoon bus?

thoughts anyone?

Elazarus
01-30-2007, 06:33 AM
Yea I've had a thought about this one too, am i gonna be waiting ages to get a taxi back to the airport? Cos theres no way i wanna be missing my flight back home to good old Blighty.

Boourns
01-30-2007, 06:55 AM
I had to wait almost 2 hours in the scorching sun for a cab back to the Greyhound station last year. Called every single cab company listed on the website and half were disconnected/off the hook, and the other half refused to send out a cab. There weren't a lot of people trying to get one at that time, either (around 9am on Monday), in fact, for the first hour, I was the only person out there. Saw a couple taxis drive by, but they would only take people to the airport...greedy cunts. Eventually a van came around, and by then there were over a dozen of us, and half of us piled into the van, and I barely made it in time to catch my bus.

(tangent rant alert...)

And when I finally got back to LA, the first of three buses I needed to take to get home from the greyhound station took a detour three miles out of the way of my first transfer because of that stupid immigration protest. So I had to wander around for a couple hours, stepping on homeless corpses and crack piples, until I found a bus sign with a destination I knew. Finally make it home, check some stuff online, and crash. Wake up at 3am the following morning for that WASTE Radiohead pre-sale, but my laptop gets unplugged, and I fall back asleep while it's rebooting. When I finally wake up, I go to the waste site, and put two tickets for the first LA show in my basket, go to check out, and boom, denied.

Worst day ever. If it hadn't followed two of the best days ever, I would've gone on a shooting spree.