PDA

View Full Version : Well good news for all of us in here!

xbnmx
02-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Unless you are such a Thom Yorke cock-pumping Radiohead fanboy that one band can completely blind you (as in you are an indie scenster), we got the way better line-up compared to the festival accross the coast!

PassiveTheory
02-21-2008, 05:44 PM
And here comes the hate... >>;

Note: You're right, though.

woogie846
02-21-2008, 05:45 PM
It's still a very good line up, but I'm diggin Coachella more.

Aphxtwinin
02-21-2008, 05:48 PM
yea i was freaking out and getting ready to sell my coachella tix but now that i see the line up coachella will be substantially better...ill be seing radiohead anyways at WPB so now i have no worries....damn nobody can get away from that JJf*g its like an epidemic sweeping the festival circuit

Trick Loves The Kids
02-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Haha dude for fucking real. All Points West sounds like the most boring nerdfest in history. When Girl Talk is the second biggest electronic act on the poster and Kings of Leon are billed above the Roots YOU GOT ISSUES SON.

kreutz2112
02-21-2008, 05:53 PM
yeah, electronic music is really what seperates Coachella from every other music festival in the U.S. (lineups at least) and for that I am grateful.

humanoid
02-21-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm more of a Johnny Greenwood cock pumping Radiohead fanboy....but even I feel that Coachella's lineup, even with its imperfections, is superior to APW's

M Sparks
02-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Friday looks fun. Now can we have Underworld too?

EDIT...gotta assume there's more on the way. Tickets are the same price as Coachella basically?

amyzzz
02-21-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm considering selling my Friday and Sunday tickets to pay for APW.

Blinken
02-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Why Sunday Amy?

xbnmx
02-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Excellent. You can be this threads LastGreatWoman.

faxman75
02-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Wow what an underwhelming lineup.

Fuck that. Andrew Bird? Doesn't he just whistle at Wilco shows? lol

Cpt. Funkaho
02-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Okay, I have a beef, and that beef is that Michael Franti & Spearhead have been at every major festival but Coachella for the past two years. Clearly GV/AEG don't have problems signing them, as evidenced by the APW lineup... can someone please invite them to Coachella?

clumsy342
02-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Looks like each day will be pretty short.
Unless Radiohead plays like.. 2+ hours each day.

Although...
Animal Collective, Kings of Leon, then Radiohead
on the same stage...
that would be killer.

amyzzz
02-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Why Sunday Amy?
I'm really only going this year for Portishead on Saturday. Everything else is filler to me. Sure, I like some of the bands OK, and if I get into them more, I'll probably have a great time, but Radiohead at APW pretty much trumps all else (plus a few good smaller bands), and I haven't seen Underworld live yet. I was hoping Coach would get Underworld this year.

JebusLives
02-21-2008, 06:36 PM
Seriously, that lineup isn't any good 'cept for Radiohead and a few other acts. I assume they're adding more though. I'll travel if they add MBV.

jonnypark
02-21-2008, 06:36 PM
It's been said already but I'd only want to see Radiohead and Underworld. Coachella owns.

jonnypark
02-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Also Coachella gets the Radiohead of the 70's if you will.

microcuts
02-21-2008, 06:40 PM
36+ bands, $258, 11pm curfew
includes Radiohead, Underworld, Kings of Leon, Cat Power.

125+ bands, $269, midnight curfew
includes Roger Waters, Portishead, Kraftwerk, The Verve, The Raconteurs, Death Cab for Cutie, My Morning Jacket, Justice, Fatboy Slim . . .

Radiohead doing their own show would be cheaper and probably even a longer performance. It's outrageous that they're charging the same price for a third of the bands. APW should only be a 2-day fest and much, much cheaper.

alex97
02-21-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm more of a Johnny Greenwood cock pumping Radiohead fanboy....but even I feel that Coachella's lineup, even with its imperfections, is superior to APW's

Jonny Greenwood is a god :pulse
but yeah it's just radiohead and they are coming to the west coast anyway so..

alex97
02-21-2008, 06:49 PM
oh Yeah and Underworld!!! underworld fucking rules!!

too bad :(

not the lineup i was hoping for (and wanted to be so sure of)..

although Underworld kills Fatboy and Justice in a heartbeat.:p

quicksand
02-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Coachella > APW... but they got Underworld!

gaypalmsprings
02-21-2008, 06:52 PM
JJ ruins another fest

Blinken
02-21-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm really only going this year for Portishead on Saturday. Everything else is filler to me. Sure, I like some of the bands OK, and if I get into them more, I'll probably have a great time, but Radiohead at APW pretty much trumps all else (plus a few good smaller bands), and I haven't seen Underworld live yet. I was hoping Coach would get Underworld this year.

Oh i thought you were saying that you were going to APW on Friday and Sunday. Thats why i was confused, i guess i was just being retarded.

GaragePoet
02-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Okay, I have a beef, and that beef is that Michael Franti & Spearhead have been at every major festival but Coachella for the past two years. Clearly GV/AEG don't have problems signing them, as evidenced by the APW lineup... can someone please invite them to Coachella?

for real... franti is one of the best live performers i've ever seen, he's on the DVD, been touring, etc. last time he played coachella i met juliette lewis & ethan suplee in the audience...

MarkO
02-21-2008, 09:43 PM
He's great. Truly an artist.

gmoneyak
02-22-2008, 02:44 AM

Good call, I though they killed it at Vegoose last year.

fiopadp7791
02-22-2008, 11:58 AM
I agree on the Radiohead and Underworld fronts... but I'll add one more:

The Go! Team. Did anyone not waiting to see Tool in '06 see them on the 2nd stage? I was just waiting to see the Scissor Sisters play after, and I blown away by how good the Go! Team were. They're one of those weird groups where they sound way better LIVE than on an ALBUM. I bought the album after their performance, and was thinking "this isn't the same group I just saw live... they were way better on stage than on this album". The Go! team seriously were sooo good that year, and also have some of the best-quality Youtube clips from that show. So for me, it stinks that Radiohead, Underworld, and the Go! Team won't be there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ebglnP5MSE

roberto73
02-22-2008, 12:04 PM
I agree on the Radiohead and Underworld fronts... but I'll add one more:

The Go! Team.

Yeah, I was hoping with their recent album that they'd be at Coachella. For me, they're really the only other draw besides Radiohead.

captncrzy
02-22-2008, 12:08 PM
36+ bands, $258, 11pm curfew
includes Radiohead, Underworld, Kings of Leon, Cat Power.

125+ bands, $269, midnight curfew
includes Roger Waters, Portishead, Kraftwerk, The Verve, The Raconteurs, Death Cab for Cutie, My Morning Jacket, Justice, Fatboy Slim . . .

Radiohead doing their own show would be cheaper and probably even a longer performance. It's outrageous that they're charging the same price for a third of the bands. APW should only be a 2-day fest and much, much cheaper.

I totally agree. Anyone that's upset about Radiohead playing there for two nights is nutty. I'd much rather just go to a Radiohead show and pay $60. The rest of that APW lineup sucks ass.

SFChrissy
02-22-2008, 12:34 PM

Come to outside lands instead I'll even take you to the beach across the street from my house!!! and SF is closer to you

paulb
02-22-2008, 01:54 PM
i agree with everything said... Coachella>APW....how could it possibly be so expensive for 1/3rd the acts?

sbessiso
02-22-2008, 02:04 PM
all this talk of cock pumping

thelastgreatman
02-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Yeah, the equal ticket prices are kinda confusing. Makes me want to pump my cock.

sbessiso
02-22-2008, 02:08 PM
yo tambien

scoop49er
02-22-2008, 02:15 PM
the poster i think is pretty cool but i could not see myself paying that much for 40 bands unless its to go see radiohead and that what i think they are banking on....

Sonicifyouwantit
02-22-2008, 05:33 PM
maybe they'll add another 30

whynotsmile99
02-22-2008, 07:52 PM
yousou n'dour is a great add as well. cant believe he hasnt played coachella yet. and Amadiou and Marien, the blind african couple were fantastic at Coachella 06

Tylerdurden31
02-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Looks like each day will be pretty short.
Unless Radiohead plays like.. 2+ hours each day.

Although...
Animal Collective, Kings of Leon, then Radiohead
on the same stage...
that would be killer.

Well...gates open at noon...show ends at 11. About 5 bands per stage...unless they're planning for zero conflicts between stages, they have to have longer sets.