PDA

View Full Version : EMusic.com- Coachella downloads

M Sparks
02-21-2008, 12:41 PM
I posted something like this last year and got flamed and called a spammer, but fuck it.

I've had an e-music subscription for years off and on- cancelled it last fall, but I'm thinking of opening it again for Coachella. It's not as good a deal as it used to be, but you can still get 75 downloads a month for $20. They are standard mp3s.

I started searching for some Coachella artists and decided to just search for ALL of them and post who's available. A few of these might be the wrong artists...I checked on some, but this just means I got a hit on their name. It's possible that there might just be one track on a compilation available. Sometimes, you can only get older material. (For example, they have "Arular" from MIA, but not "Kala"...some early Battles EPs, but not "Mirrored") On the other hand, sometimes you can get a whole back catalog. Also, sometimes they have exclusive live stuff...quality is usually mediocre, though.

What I did last year is do the usual Myspace/youtube research, and then download stuff from e-music for the ones I really loved. It was also nice to have after Coachella...I went and got Gogol Bordello's whole catalog afterward.

It would probably be easier to list who they DON'T have, but I didn't make the list that way. I did think it was funny that Tegan & Sara, Death Cab, Rilo Kiley, and a couple other searches got me a rather snobby message that e-music "doesn't carry mainstream top-40 music"

The Raconteurs (some live tracks)
The National
Slightly Stoopid
Mum
Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
Stars
Battles
Aesop Rock
Les Savy Fav
Midnight Juggernauts
Spank Rock
Scroobius Pip (but not Dan Le Sac)
Diplo
Adam Freeland
Jens Lenkmen
John Butler Trio
Vampire Weekend
Dan deacon
Architecture in Helsinki
Cut Copy
Black Lips
Datarock
Professor Murder
The Bees (there are 2 listed…)
Porter
Modeselektor
Luckyiam
Portishead (one track)
Kraftwerk (one track)
Café Tacvba (one track, with David Byrne)
Sasha AND John Digweed (but not together)
Dwight Yoakum
M.I.A. (you want the one that says XL after it.)
Hot Chip
Cold War Kids
Animal Collective
Stephen Malkmus
Devotchka
Flogging Molly
Mark Ronson
Turbonegro
Islands
Enter Shikari
Boys Noize
Junkie XL
Cinematic Orchestra
The Teenagers
Carbon/Silicon
Minus The Bear
Erol Alkan
Man Man
Little Brother
Bonde Do Rolle
St Vincent
Akron/Family
MGMT
Curses (not sure if it’s the right one)
Para One
James Zabiela
Sebastian (wrong one, I think)
Kavinsky
Grand Ole Party
New Young Pony Club
120 Days
Yelle
Love & Rockets
My Morning Jacket
Gogol Bordello
The Streets
Metric
Danny Tenaglia
Simian Mobile Disco
Booka Shade
Murs
Dimitri From Paris
Autolux
Linton Kwesi Johnson
Cool Kids
Sia
Holy Fuck
Black Mountain
Annuals
Kid Sister
Duffy (Wrong one I think)
Manchester Orchestra
Deadmau5
The Horrors
Shout Out Louds
Brett Dennen

Anyway, there you go, flame away. I don't work for fuckin e-music, steal if you want, buy CDs if you want, download cheap legal stuff if you want, I don't fucking care. Just putting the info there if anyone else cares.