PDA

View Full Version : Thank you GV

bsides
02-21-2008, 02:29 AM
I visit this forum every once and awhile and have come to appreciate quite a few of the regular poster's opinions and info. I'm not a die hard coachella go'er or msg. boarder, I went in '05 & '06 and I'll be attending this year. Having finally had a moment to research the 2 of 3 days I'll be attending, I can honestly say WTF! I'm gonna be all over the place! This is gonna be a fantastic gathering of artist. Overall must see will be Pendulum (I've been waiting for this) but others that I can't miss included: The National, Minus the Bear, John Butler, Vamp Weekend, American Bang, Battles, Modeselektor, Reverend & the Makers, Adam Freeland, Midnight Jugs, Does If Offend You, The Bees, Rouge Wave, Aesop Rock, Datarock, Cut Copy, Professor Murder & Porter....Damn...that's only friday, sat is just as stacked.

I guess after popping by here and seeing a ton of negative comments since the line-up was released (esp. about Jack Johnson, which is silly - 1 artist of 45+ does not make a day) and then doing some headphone homework I just wanted to say thanks to the folks of GV for putting this together. I'm looking forward to the end of April

paulb
02-21-2008, 02:30 AM
me too man.

depechemodekraftwerk
02-21-2008, 03:36 AM
Your freakin high.Just listen to the names you posted .Most people would say WHO THE FUCK???...You must work for Gv booking.
Your jerking us off.that line-up is BULLSHIT....Quit jerking us off

M Sparks
02-21-2008, 05:21 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to the folks of GV for putting this together. I'm looking forward to the end of April

Amen, man. I get more excited and find more to like every day.

I will say I understand the negativity, but only because GV has set the bar so high for themselves over the years, and there's no denying that this is a step back from previous years. But they were already so many steps ahead of everyone else.

And again, after experiencing Vegoose last year, I will never complain about how GV runs Coachella. Vegoose was the biggest clustereff I've ever seen.

Memorial_07
02-21-2008, 05:35 AM
you seem to like many of the unknown acts this year.
I'll agree with you on some of them.

invisiblerobots
02-21-2008, 06:43 AM
Your freakin high.Just listen to the names you posted .Most people would say WHO THE FUCK???...You must work for Gv booking.

Ha-ha! How much more fail can you pack into a single post? Attached thumbnail?

SFChrissy
02-21-2008, 06:50 AM
I have never been dissapointed by GV and a coachella weekend YET!!! Thank you for such a fantastic gift...

betao
02-21-2008, 06:52 AM
I visit this forum every once and awhile and have come to appreciate quite a few of the regular poster's opinions and info. I'm not a die hard coachella go'er or msg. boarder, I went in '05 & '06 and I'll be attending this year. Having finally had a moment to research the 2 of 3 days I'll be attending, I can honestly say WTF! I'm gonna be all over the place! This is gonna be a fantastic gathering of artist. Overall must see will be Pendulum (I've been waiting for this) but others that I can't miss included: The National, Minus the Bear, John Butler, Vamp Weekend, American Bang, Battles, Modeselektor, Reverend & the Makers, Adam Freeland, Midnight Jugs, Does If Offend You, The Bees, Rouge Wave, Aesop Rock, Datarock, Cut Copy, Professor Murder & Porter....Damn...that's only friday, sat is just as stacked.

I guess after popping by here and seeing a ton of negative comments since the line-up was released (esp. about Jack Johnson, which is silly - 1 artist of 45+ does not make a day) and then doing some headphone homework I just wanted to say thanks to the folks of GV for putting this together. I'm looking forward to the end of April

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g85/kerupp/lolzombie3.jpg

sbessiso
02-21-2008, 07:00 AM
im excited to be flying out of miami, be in california and just experience it all

brightscreamer
02-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Thank you, GV, for pissing away all of your Coachella headliner money to get Radiohead to play APW TWICE.

M Sparks
02-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Ha-ha! How much more fail can you pack into a single post? Attached thumbnail?

I think someone should put together a crew, track Depechemodekraftwerk Saturday evening, chloroform him right before Kraftwerk, and lock him in a port-o-potty over by the Mohave until the end of the evening. That way his entire weekend can be a waste of time.

EDIT...Plus, you know, who doesn't like to get jerked off?

sbessiso
02-21-2008, 07:12 AM
im always up for drugging guys and dragging them to a bathroom

M Sparks
02-21-2008, 07:27 AM

Oooooh...that probably didn't come out the way I intended.

And my "EDIT:" add on only made matters worse without the context of the original post.

emtgreg
02-21-2008, 08:23 AM

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah

hypervera
02-21-2008, 12:34 PM

im with you man!!! WTF is the broken grandma and the soundsoftware, the tiny microchips, the laptop situation, fuck all yeahs!! wow a lot of unknown bands!! (examples of indie bands names hahaha)

hypervera
02-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Thank you, GV, for pissing away all of your Coachella headliner money to get Radiohead to play APW TWICE.

i agree!

roberto73
02-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Your freakin high.Just listen to the names you posted .Most people would say WHO THE FUCK???

Most people are stupid and uninformed.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-21-2008, 02:35 PM
I think someone should put together a crew, track Depechemodekraftwerk Saturday evening, chloroform him right before Kraftwerk, and lock him in a port-o-potty over by the Mohave until the end of the evening. That way his entire weekend can be a waste of time.

EDIT...Plus, you know, who doesn't like to get jerked off?

the sad part is there is a chance depech might go after all that. How do you post on something you are not even impressed with or at the least interested in??

luckyface
02-21-2008, 02:39 PM
the sad part is there is a chance depech might go after all that. How do you post on something you are not even impressed with or at the least interested in??

He does this every year. He is the biggest loser this board has ever encountered.

microcuts
02-21-2008, 06:31 PM

#1. Coachella and All Points West are two completely different events with completely different budgets.

#2. Roger Waters is likely way more expensive than Radiohead. And probably puts on a better production.

#3. Coachella is still the better festival.

brightscreamer
02-23-2008, 02:36 PM
#1. Coachella and All Points West are two completely different events with completely different budgets pulling from the same pool of money.

#2. Roger Waters is likely way more expensive than Radiohead. And probably puts on a better production. And is way more boring live. And is not Radiohead. You know what else? He's not Pink Floyd, either.

#3. Coachella is still the better festival, even though the line-up is half-assed and should've had Radiohead and The Mars Volta and plenty of other awesome bands.

Face it. GV is getting a little too complacent.

thelastgreatman
02-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Suppose Radiohead didn't want to play Coachella. Just think about it for a second. Twats.

And Waters is Pink, kinda. Sorry, but he is.

kreutz2112
02-23-2008, 11:22 PM
who the fuck attaches thumbnails to their posts?

damon8
02-24-2008, 12:19 AM
who the fuck attaches thumbnails to their posts?

douches who bitch, then go, and have a good time!!

faxman75
02-24-2008, 12:53 AM
Thom Yorke masturbated to this thread.