PDA

View Full Version : JACK JOHNSON #1

Rockhard75
02-19-2008, 11:30 PM
WHAT THE FUCK HAS THE MUSIC WORLD COME TO?!?!?!?!?

boarderwoozel3
02-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Its similar to George W Bush getting reelected. There are a lot of stupid fucking people out there.

PineapplePete
02-20-2008, 12:12 AM
thanks

DaFunkyPrecedent
02-20-2008, 04:18 PM
he's not that bad....is he? he's just a singer song writer. he plays surf pop...whatever

gaypalmsprings
02-20-2008, 04:19 PM
JJ sux. Period.

Beef Jerky
02-20-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm so sick of him already.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Its funny with all the hate even myself included for I am guilty of spreading some of it..I may have to see jack just to spite myself. Kinda weird. Its like I enjoy the pain.

oh yeah and...9 WEEKS TODAY TILL I LEAVE FOR COACHELLA!

heyimazombie
02-21-2008, 09:27 PM
you know seeing as how jack johnson is unanimously hated on theses boards i dont think it's "cool" to dislike him anymore.. i'm gonna be the first to say i have no problem whatsoever with that crazy little surfer dude.

that's right i'm taking it up a notch
you all just got hipster served =]

boarderwoozel3
02-21-2008, 09:42 PM
you know seeing as how jack johnson is unanimously hated on theses boards i dont think it's "cool" to dislike him anymore.. i'm gonna be the first to say i have no problem whatsoever with that crazy little surfer dude.

It isn't "cool" to hate Jack Johnson or not. He gets shit because he took an important spot in the lineup that could have been filled by a much better act. I had no problem with him either. That is until he came out of left field to steal headlining spots at festivals across the country.

Seriously, how the hell did he weasel his way into all these headlining spots? HAS to be sheer album sales.

And what is he going to do onstage? Stand there in board shorts, sandals and strum a guitar solo?!?!?!

heyimazombie
02-21-2008, 09:46 PM
yeah i know i was just kidding, even though i dont hate the guy or even his music i am of course quite dissapointed that we missed out on my bloody valentine, radiohead and the like. headliners should be in my opinion musical geniuses who contribute or have contributed to the art as a whole

boarderwoozel3
02-21-2008, 10:11 PM
My thoughts exactly. My reaction to the announcment he was headlining was pure shock, I still don't totally believe it. As far as I'm concerned he'll never have been at coachella. I plan on being in the dance tent throughout his whole set, don't even want to see him on a screen.

heyimazombie
02-21-2008, 10:45 PM
i just keep picturing a tent with people packed in like sardines for fatboy slim and then jack johnson playing to like 8 prebucent girls who came with their parents. i dunno, i'd catch jack johnson if there was nothing better on but there most definately will be something better on so..

cooperb1
02-21-2008, 11:23 PM
oh not aggan :yyablo

boarderwoozel3
02-21-2008, 11:27 PM
The sad thing is there are going to be a shit ton of people there to see him. I hope he has a big crowd, and that Battles play at the same time.

gaypalmsprings
03-05-2008, 05:56 PM
I was at the dentist today & I saw this in the magazine rack - I vomited in my mouth a little:

http://a1608.g.akamai.net/7/1608/1365/f7471b329abdc9/away.com/images/outside/covers/cover_mar2008_toc.jpg

JClemy
03-05-2008, 07:53 PM
I had a friend who saw him a couple years ago. Apparently he plays pretty well and it's just mellow surf music, nothing offensive. I'm sure there will be someone that I want to see more than him on but I'll wander past him. I wasn't interested in TiŽsto last year but he was ok. They could have had a better headliner on the Saturday than him

faxman75
03-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Tiesto was not the headliner. He was the subheadliner who happened to play after the RHCP.

JClemy
03-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Oh. Thats fair then. I still didn't like him too much.

Cammo
03-06-2008, 09:33 AM
I've been listening to him since he came out with his first album...Saw him in Atlanta a few years ago. He must be doing something right to be where he is right now. God Jack ;)

See ya in Cali shortly :wave:

rage patton
03-06-2008, 09:40 AM
The sad thing is there are going to be a shit ton of people there to see him. I hope he has a big crowd, and that Battles play at the same time.

Serj Tankian vs. Fatboy Slim is already a rough enough conflict for me man. Don't add Battles into the equation! I say Battles will be mid/late-afternoon (5ish) in the Mojave. Possibly outdoor theatre.

summerkid
03-06-2008, 09:46 AM
I've been listening to him since he came out with his first album...Saw him in Atlanta a few years ago. He must be doing something right to be where he is right now. God Jack ;)

yeah, he makes unoffensive, easily digestible music which goes down well with the masses.

PassiveTheory
03-06-2008, 10:01 AM

Oh, okay. You LIKE him. Wow. Good. Now I don't feel any tinge of regret by saying that you are an unintelligent tasteless asshole who feels the need to demean other by virtue of homosexual slurs. Get off the internet.

Tatdalton
03-31-2008, 04:30 PM
I was at the dentist today & I saw this in the magazine rack - I vomited in my mouth a little:

http://a1608.g.akamai.net/7/1608/1365/f7471b329abdc9/away.com/images/outside/covers/cover_mar2008_toc.jpg

What are you doing going to the dentist, anyway ?

BeHereNOW
03-31-2008, 06:03 PM
What are you doing going to the dentist, anyway ?

yeah, like why ? lol

Butthead'sCousin
04-06-2008, 11:57 AM
i am seriously worried for jj's safety haha !
im going to go just to see how the crowd is and how they respond to him.
but i agree - the headlining spot should of been reserved for someone a little more freakin' amazing.

Alfonso
04-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Its not that he particularly sucks that much... I haven't heard his music but I'm pretty sure its weak. His name is much too apt, Jack Johnson, the epitome of all things generic. I second the idea of Battles drowning his music out.