PDA

View Full Version : Mike Doughty's "Golden Delicious"

GaragePoet
02-19-2008, 08:28 PM
just curious if anyone else had a chance to pick up Doughty's new album today. it's pretty decent, but probably not as good as his last album & certainly not as spectacular as his stark acoustic album "Skittish." clocking in at just under 40 mins. i was able to listen to it several times this afternoon & it's more or less just what i'd expected. "Wednesday" is definitely a new favorite...

so far his tour itinerary seems to be clear the weekend of Coachella so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for an addition... i know he'd be able to pull a crowd in a tent...

charshixx
02-19-2008, 08:42 PM
i think his album's really good. my brother plays keyboard for him and so i saw him when he was at the gibson. where are you thinking of seeing them?

fiyahhh!
02-20-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm getting it when my eMusic downloads refresh... if it's anywhere near as good as Haughty Melodic, then I'll love it. Saw him twice when he opened for Gomez... would be a great Coachella add.

triceratops oatmeal
02-20-2008, 11:45 AM
a Soul Coughing reunion would be better.

GaragePoet
02-20-2008, 02:02 PM
a Soul Coughing reunion would be great to see someday, but i think for now Mike's basking in his success as a solo artist... he usually busts out w/ a few Soul Coughing songs during his set anyway.