PDA

View Full Version : Eugene Hutz DJ Set

rage patton
02-16-2008, 11:40 PM
I was hoping he was going to do a surprise set last year, but it never happened. How about this year though?
He has been known to spin everything from Balkan Beat Box to The Clash, and Fugazi to Manu Chao. He's no technical electronic genius, but when Euegene first moved to New York, his first job was DJ and he got a rep for being rediculously fun and turning the club into a giant party.
So why not have Eugene play a day spot in the dome, or in the do-lab. Hell, even the Sahara or Gobi would do. Let just make this happen!

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x224/joshmusic88/EugeneDJ.jpg

zenidogx
02-16-2008, 11:49 PM
i'm down. during JJ's set on friday.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-16-2008, 11:56 PM
I'd def be down for that.

Wheres the beef?
02-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Did anyone ever catch his dj set after party at vegoose?

M Sparks
02-17-2008, 05:22 AM
Put him in the dome definitely. Seems like anything goes in there.

LooseAtTheZoo
02-17-2008, 09:07 AM
This is the guy from Gogol Bordello, right? I just saw him in the movie Madonna directed, and he was very good.

humanoid
02-17-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm down for anything Eugene Hutz does...

rage patton
02-17-2008, 10:21 AM
i'm down. during JJ's set on friday.

Nah, that night time is gonna be busy enough as it is. Put him on around 2 or 3 in the dome or the do-lab.

Put him in the dome definitely. Seems like anything goes in there.

Thats what I was thinking. But the do-lab could work too. At Coachella last year, Gogol brough some of the do-lab dancers on stage and it was great. Eugene might not be anywhere near as good of a DJ as other do-lab performers... but w/ the help of those dancers, it would be one hell of a party!

Did anyone ever catch his dj set after party at vegoose?

I asked... but no one I know said they went. I bet it was a blast.

This is the guy from Gogol Bordello, right? I just saw him in the movie Madonna directed, and he was very good.

He is also excellent in Everything Is Illuminated w/ Elijah Wood. May I ask where you found Filth and Wisdom?

cansei de ser sexme
02-17-2008, 10:24 AM
He is also excellent in Everything Is Illuminated w/ Elijah Wood. May I ask where you found Filth and Wisdom?

Who was he in that movie? i remember hearing the song but did not know he was in it.

woogie846
02-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Hell yeah that'd be awesome, I'm all for a DJ set by Eugene.

rage patton
02-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Who was he in that movie? i remember hearing the song but did not know he was in it.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x224/joshmusic88/Eugene4.jpg

Eugene Hutz played the main character oposite Elijah Wood. He was Elijah Wood's tour guide. Yes. That is him above. Moustache-less. I almost didn't recignize him at first. He looks so much... younger.
As far as I am concerned, he stole the movie from Elijah Wood though. He was so great. He says to this very day his parents tell him that he should have gone into acting rather than music, because he is better at it.

cansei de ser sexme
02-17-2008, 10:44 AM
haha yes i am going to go rent that movie and watch it again now.

humanoid
02-17-2008, 10:58 AM
He absolutely owns Everything is Illuminated......I love that movie, and he is brilliant....you can hardly take your eyes off him the entire movie..

LooseAtTheZoo
02-17-2008, 11:09 AM
He is also excellent in Everything Is Illuminated w/ Elijah Wood. May I ask where you found Filth and Wisdom?[/QUOTE]

I got a friend at the Berlin festival who sent me a copy. Not even sure how he got it. Knowing this guy though, it'll be on btjunkie before the week is up.

woogie846
02-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Eugene is amazing in Everything is Illuminated.

"Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is our seeing eye bitch"

humanoid
02-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Eugene is amazing in Everything is Illuminated.

"Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is our seeing eye bitch"

Reading this thread has made me want to watch Illuminated again tonight....I think I just might