PDA

View Full Version : Not SOLD OUT YET

depechemodekraftwerk
02-16-2008, 03:45 AM
Should tell us that this line-up is not right.

RageAtLast
02-16-2008, 03:49 AM
You are exactly right there. I spent 9 months looking forward to the announcement - and I'm gutted!
Won't be travelling from the UK this year despite being a first time Coachella-goer last year - which was knockout.
Check out the fantastic lineup for T in the Park just announced - makes Coachella look pretty sick!
Maybe some of you Americans fest-goers will visit Scotland in July????

Aphxtwinin
02-16-2008, 08:17 AM
You are exactly right there. I spent 9 months looking forward to the announcement - and I'm gutted!
Won't be travelling from the UK this year despite being a first time Coachella-goer last year - which was knockout.
Check out the fantastic lineup for T in the Park just announced - makes Coachella look pretty sick!
Maybe some of you Americans fest-goers will visit Scotland in July????

I would but I'm in school

MonsoonSeason
02-16-2008, 08:27 AM
cool

alpharuin
02-16-2008, 08:56 AM
The festival hardly ever sells out before the weekend of.

crazzz2007
02-16-2008, 09:38 AM

no, it just tells us that it's not sold out yet.

trust me, you'd rather have a great lineup that doesn't sell out than a cheesy/mainstream lineup that sells out.

Truta
02-16-2008, 09:50 AM
Of course it's not sold out, last year only Sunday sold out weeks before the day, why would it sold out this year?

I don't want it to sold out, 10K people would be awesome!

Sonicifyouwantit
02-16-2008, 10:10 AM
outside of rage and rem so many are the same though or sub, Im liking rock werchter more. Flights are almost $1500 to get to belgium that time of year though (from los angeles), but I'd love to do the 4 days at rock werchter and then make my way north to scotland and do T the following weekend. maybe next year.

interpolado
02-16-2008, 10:10 AM
you are right...
i remember coach 04 sold out pretty fast... coachella 06 it was also kind of....

everybody even who already have tickets.. are waiting for some adds...

Sonicifyouwantit
02-16-2008, 10:14 AM
you are right...
i remember coach 04 sold out pretty fast... coachella 06 it was also kind of....

everybody even who already have tickets.. are waiting for some adds...

each year ends up full by the weekend of, the LA people and locals end saying what the hell lets go since tix are available. I havnt seen it less then 50000 since 2003. I have only seen it over 50000 from 2004 on, 65000 in 06 and it reached that in 07 just not on friday. Last years friday was so nice

davidbarr
02-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Got my T in The Park tickets, something to look forward to after Coachella (coming from England) can't wait for both!

Memorial_07
02-16-2008, 10:52 AM
its like the turtle and the hare.

in this case, the selling goes slow then around the last week it goes completely dry.

CurableOkie
02-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Got my T in The Park tickets, something to look forward to after Coachella (coming from England) can't wait for both!

Wow they already sold out too. That's impressive.

And I did see "Aphex Twin" on that bill. I have a feeling he may have had a lot to do with the sell out.

I wanna see Aphex Twin :(

gratytrainridesagain
02-16-2008, 11:06 AM
That was the selling point for me

Weeping Willow
02-16-2008, 11:56 AM

Outside of Primal Scream and a handful of others, T in the Park lineup doesn't really offer anything interesting. I'd much rather go to Coachella. It looks to be a more mainstream type of festival, thus the sellout.

depechemodekraftwerk
02-16-2008, 12:48 PM
I can agree with most of you to a point.The right line-up woudl have sold this out already. say if radiohead,david bowie or cpl other names had friday night. Maybe add aphex twins to saturday....... i mean i think a cpl good adds would be able to push this to a sell-out.

After last years hype all you needed was a better line-up and this wouldnt be like a regular year before or when they use too, type year again..

it would be on like last year of dam it never sells out that fast..??? Ya know?

Bud Luster
02-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Even Radiohead didnt sell out the fest this fast. I'm glad this will be more like a "regular year" w/o all the mainstream hype and downer fans a RATM brings w/ them.

thelastgreatman
02-16-2008, 01:44 PM
When did three days sell out last year? Singles sold out faster this year, but I'm pretty sure there were fewer available. It's still only been, what, three weeks?

Mr.Nipples
02-16-2008, 01:48 PM

you need to shut the fuck up...

rage patton
02-16-2008, 02:00 PM
When did three days sell out last year? Singles sold out faster this year, but I'm pretty sure there were fewer available. It's still only been, what, three weeks?

Last year 3 day passes sold out 80 days in advance.

Sunday tickets sold out in a matter of minutes. I think it was like, 10 or something. Saturday passes sold out later that evening. Friday tickets never sold out.

BeHereNOW
02-16-2008, 02:42 PM
who gives a shit

Baker St.
02-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Wow they already sold out too. That's impressive.

And I did see "Aphex Twin" on that bill. I have a feeling he may have had a lot to do with the sell out.

Really, really not. T In The Park is a very mainstream festival populated to a large extent by people who don't listen to music other than Radio 1, and mostly see TitP as an excuse for an almighty piss-up. the Aphex Twin show will be attended by about 100 people and a dog while the other 60,000 are away watching The View.

hello, by the way! I'm coming to Coachella from Scotland (instead of T in the Park!).

gratytrainridesagain
02-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Really, really not. T In The Park is a very mainstream festival populated to a large extent by people who don't listen to music other than Radio 1, and mostly see TitP as an excuse for an almighty piss-up. the Aphex Twin show will be attended by about 100 people and a dog while the other 60,000 are away watching The View.

hello, by the way! I'm coming to Coachella from Scotland (instead of T in the Park!).

You're ditching T in the Park for Coachella? Damn, but this year is gonna be great I'm gonna hit both mainly for aphex I'll try for Roskilde (Radiohead, MBV). 2008 is turning into a great festival year. How is T in the Park?

paulb
02-16-2008, 02:52 PM

you're wack for missing The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers and Aphex Twin...

BeHereNOW
02-16-2008, 02:54 PM
the Aphex Twin show will be attended by about 100 people and a dog while the other 60,000 are away watching The View.

the view or the kooks maybe?
what a waste!

gratytrainridesagain
02-16-2008, 02:55 PM
you're wack for missing The Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers and Aphex Twin...

Yeah but over there they get Prodigy and Chemical Bros almost every summer

paulb
02-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Yeah but over there they get Prodigy and Chemical Bros almost every summer

id be going every summer then... i wouldnt skip a Prodigy show for Jack Johnson.

Baker St.
02-16-2008, 02:56 PM
seen the Prodigy twice, Chems 3 times. Aphex is very hit-and-miss live - and have you seen how much TitP actually costs? 160 (about $320) for two days! It pisses with rain more often than not, most of the acts are shit, and it's full of 15-year old thugs who drink far too much and then piss indiscriminately in other people's tents/set fire to tents/generally cause havoc.

It's OK, I s'pose, I just fancy something different this year http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/e/excited.gif

gratytrainridesagain
02-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Cause I'm sure he's coming all the way for JJ, but I do agree Prodigy>JJ although look at those headliners nothing that great much like Coachella it's the undercard that counts.

gratytrainridesagain
02-16-2008, 03:01 PM
seen the Prodigy twice, Chems 3 times. Aphex is very hit-and-miss live - and have you seen how much TitP actually costs? 160 (about $320) for two days! It pisses with rain more often than not, most of the acts are shit, and it's full of 15-year old thugs who drink far too much and then piss indiscriminately in other people's tents/set fire to tents/generally cause havoc.

It's OK, I s'pose, I just fancy something different this year http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/e/excited.gif

Well that kinda blows, but yeah if you're looking for a more relaxed crowd you made a good choice especially this year.

Baker St.
02-16-2008, 03:04 PM
i'm definately not coming for Jack Johnson! I barely know who the guy is, he's got virtually no rep over here, but what I do know is everyone says he's boring. meh, I might give his Myspace a try before I fly but I'm far more interested in the sunshine, the moonlight, the good times, and the boogie.

sonofhal
02-16-2008, 03:16 PM
i'm definately not coming for Jack Johnson! I barely know who the guy is, he's got virtually no rep over here, but what I do know is everyone says he's boring. meh, I might give his Myspace a try before I fly but I'm far more interested in the sunshine, the moonlight, the good times, and the boogie.

I take it by over here you mean Scotland, as he's headlining Hyde Park and his album is no 2 in the UK chart.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-16-2008, 04:12 PM

and the filter preparty! woop woop!

davidbarr
02-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Yes TiTP is more mainstream, but then most UK music festivals that our American friends will have heard of are mainstream, TiTP isn't much different to V, Glasto, Reading/Leeds.

Tickets this year were very expensive ming, 160 plus fees (so to our American friends circa $340 all in all. It is somewhat a piss up mind, I do agree with that... it gives me something to look forward to anyway after Coachella!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Goldenvoice...Friday needs a good kick in the ass....get some additions...and don't touch Saturday...

kthxbye

gaypalmsprings
02-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Well that kinda blows, but yeah if you're looking for a more relaxed crowd you made a good choice especially this year.

http://www.kittybreak.com/kitties/2006-02-17_stretch.jpg