PDA

View Full Version : Could the Eagles be playing Both Stagecoach and Coachella

mikebspeedracer
02-14-2008, 12:05 PM
last year Willie Nelson performed at Coachella and Stagecoach. He's probably the only performer out of those two festivals that could of possibly played both. They just added the Eagles to Stagecoach this year to Headline there new friday lineup. Is it possible that they made Sunday's lineup at Coachella smaller to make room for the Eagles. The reason this makes so much since to me is because the Eagle would be the perfect opener for Roger Waters.

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-14-2008, 12:06 PM
please no.

evilmushroompie
02-14-2008, 12:07 PM
I think The Eagles are bigger then Roger Waters, but I could be wrong. I think there is no chance of them playing anyways.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-14-2008, 12:07 PM
The Eagles are fine are Stagecoach...no need to bring them over to Coachella...

because that would = http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg90/mercuryrevboces/jail-fail.jpg

mikebspeedracer
02-14-2008, 12:10 PM
what about Willie Nelson last year. there were alot of people saying that he was just an old country singer but I thought his set was amazing.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-14-2008, 12:12 PM
what about Willie Nelson last year. there were alot of people saying that he was just an old country singer but I thought his set was amazing.

Willie Nelson fits the bill perfectly though (as does Dwight Y for that matter)...he sat well against bands like Manu Chao and RATM...Eagles just don't seem to fit...

M Sparks
02-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Ecch.

Now, I could see them on Friday, though. They'd be someone big enough to bump Jack to co/sub-headliner. "An evening of mellow California pop-rock".

Put The Verve on at sunset. Raconteurs and Breeders in the Outdoor for counterprogramming. And add some insane act to co-headline the Sahara with Fatboy.

I daresay, that could sell a shitload of extra tickets.

fatbastard
02-14-2008, 12:14 PM
The Eagles are a great act for Stagecoach.

mikebspeedracer
02-14-2008, 12:18 PM
I think they could be a great add to Coachella's Friday or Sunday Lineup. When was the last time any of you guys really listened to the Eagles? Just go listen to their top 10 songs on I-Tunes and tell me that wouldn't be cool to see live.

M Sparks
02-14-2008, 12:21 PM
I think they could be a great add to Coachella's Friday or Sunday Lineup. When was the last time any of you guys really listened to the Eagles? Just go listen to their top 10 songs on I-Tunes and tell me that wouldn't be cool to see live.

Eagles = one of my least favorite bands of all time. I hate, hate, HATE the Eagles.

But I seriously do think it might make sense for Friday. Absolutely not on Sunday though.

Jack Johnson is basically the new Eagles anyway.

Trailmix
02-14-2008, 12:23 PM

They are classics but have you seen the Hell Freeze's Over comeback concert video? Thanks but no thanks. This would change Coachella to a classic rock fest between Waters on Sunday and the Eagles on any day.

whynotsmile99
02-14-2008, 12:25 PM
this sums it all up

fcAa-rnulkw

mikebspeedracer
02-14-2008, 12:26 PM
You know I really don't care if the Eagles get added or not. It just makes since that they will be added. I just want the credit for calling it when it happens. And it WILL. lol

drowningmatt
02-14-2008, 12:51 PM
God I hope not. That would be the ultimate in suck.

chawns
02-14-2008, 12:55 PM

That wouldn't be cool to see live

traviscanada
02-14-2008, 12:57 PM
The Eagles are fine are Stagecoach...no need to bring them over to Coachella...

because that would = http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg90/mercuryrevboces/jail-fail.jpg

Man you keep pulling out that best fail pictures.

traviscanada
02-14-2008, 12:58 PM
this sums it all up

fcAa-rnulkw

Nice, awsome clip.... Big Lebowski is great..

mvanwinkle
02-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Ecch.

Now, I could see them on Friday, though. They'd be someone big enough to bump Jack to co/sub-headliner. "An evening of mellow California pop-rock".

Put The Verve on at sunset. Raconteurs and Breeders in the Outdoor for counterprogramming. And add some insane act to co-headline the Sahara with Fatboy.

I daresay, that could sell a shitload of extra tickets.

I like the way you think on this. make nearly every one every happy

jonnypark
02-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Let Joe Walsh play coachella, keep the rest of those fuckers confined to stagecoach

mikebspeedracer
02-14-2008, 01:08 PM
Look I didn't ask if any of you guys like the Eagles. Every time any band besides Radiohead or Daft Punk is mentioned there's alot of negativity. I just want to know if it makes since that they would play both as Willie did last year.

M Sparks
02-14-2008, 01:09 PM
fcAa-rnulkw

This has always killed me. I swear I yelled this at my roommate at a party he was having in college...in 1990.

But then I went in the back room and threw on side two of Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me. The door flew open and this chick I was into sang "Show me show me show me how you do that trick..." The evening turned out better for me than it did for the dude.

jonnypark
02-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Look I didn't ask if any of you guys like the Eagles. Every time any band besides Radiohead or Daft Punk is mentioned there's alot of negativity. I just want to know if it makes since that they would play both as Willie did last year.

Does it make sense for Roger Waters to play stagecoach?

M Sparks
02-14-2008, 01:14 PM
tell me that wouldn't be cool to see live.

Look I didn't ask if any of you guys like the Eagles.

No, you actually asked us to tell you it wouldn't be cool.

Which it wouldn't.

mikebspeedracer
02-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Which it wouldn't.

hate hate hate go fuck yourself Sparks

daft$tar
02-14-2008, 01:31 PM
lets hope not - the only thing worse would be kanye or jay-z

mikebspeedracer
02-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Kanye has concerts all three days of coachella so it looks like we won't be seeing him this year.

DanMonk
02-14-2008, 02:39 PM
it is sense not since! i don't think it would make SENSE to add the eagles... i don't think you are going to get credit for this because i don't think it is going to happen

M Sparks
02-14-2008, 02:50 PM
hate hate hate go fuck yourself Sparks

So far, I'm the only person who has offered any support for your suggestion. I just don't care for the Eagles. Way to make friends. Go choke on your bongwater.

Cdubby
02-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Joe Walsh - YES

Eagles- "I hate the fucking eagles man"

lubita77
02-14-2008, 03:09 PM
please no.

Eagles just don't seem to fit...

Eagles = one of my least favorite bands of all time.

God I hope not. That would be the ultimate in suck.

That wouldn't be cool to see live

No, you actually asked us to tell you it wouldn't be cool. Which it wouldn't.

lets hope not

Eagles- "I hate the fucking eagles man"

nuff said, right?

PassiveTheory
02-14-2008, 03:20 PM
This has always killed me. I swear I yelled this at my roommate at a party he was having in college...in 1990.

But then I went in the back room and threw on side two of Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me. The door flew open and this chick I was into sang "Show me show me show me how you do that trick..." The evening turned out better for me than it did for the dude.

http://www.mikedownscenter.org/upload/thumbnails/Win%20button.jpg

As for the Eagles playing?... I'm impartial. It'd be better than Jack Johnson, though.

Also, as much as I love the Big Lebowski, I swear I've never met a non-white person that likes the Eagles... So I think that's stretching it a bit, lol.

Memorial_07
02-14-2008, 03:26 PM
Roger Waters solo isn't as popular as The Eagles.
Pink Floyd is way more or about the same level as popularity as the Eagles.

PassiveTheory
02-14-2008, 03:29 PM
How can something be way more OR about the same level?...

That's like saying that this puppy is EXTREMELY FLUFFY or just about normally fluffy...

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/891/45037382.JPG

AWWW LOOK AT THE FLUFFY PUPPY.

mikebspeedracer
02-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Roger Waters solo isn't as popular as The Eagles.
Pink Floyd is way more or about the same level as popularity as the Eagles.

Pink Floyd had the biggest selling album of all time (DSOTM) until 50 cent's first album. What have the Eagles done that was ever that popular. They would be a good act to open Waters thats all.

mikebspeedracer
02-14-2008, 03:39 PM
it is sense not since! i don't think it would make SENSE to add the eagles... i don't think you are going to get credit for this because i don't think it is going to happen

wow good for you. I must of made a slight spelling error but wow your smart ass found it. Can someone get this guy a cookie so he'll shut the hell up

M Sparks
02-14-2008, 03:53 PM
That's like saying that this puppy is EXTREMELY FLUFFY or just about normally fluffy...

That's maybe slightly below normal fluffiness.

Above Average fluffiness
http://gothamist.com/images/2003_8_dogiwant.jpg

Extreme fluffiness
http://www.creativesparksproductions.com/Media/Vegoose/coloradoron.jpg

scoop49er
02-14-2008, 04:00 PM
the eagles playing would be better than jack-off-my-johnson. now in regards to this pink floyd/eagles thing, pink floyd is worldwide considered one of the greatest ever. the eagles are more popular in regards to pop-country. the eagles do have about a dozen songs i do like and yes, im mexican and like the eagles! :) but pink floyd would trump the eagles anyday. at least artistically. popularity wise, the eagles are preety big but hell paula abdul sold 15 million albums once so what does that tell u about being popular? yes anycome can get there if u r lucky and suck the right nuts!

gratytrainridesagain
02-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Pink Floyd had the biggest selling album of all time (DSOTM) until 50 cent's first album. What have the Eagles done that was ever that popular. They would be a good act to open Waters thats all.

Wrong the Eagles greatest hits is the best selling album of all time then Thriller then the Wall. In the US at least.

MarkO
02-14-2008, 04:11 PM
The only thing worse than Jack Johnson headlining is The Eagles headlining.

humanoid
02-14-2008, 04:23 PM
it seems like it would be a HUGE financial commitment to have both the Eagles & Roger Waters playing Coachella...I can't imagine either of them are cheap...doesn't seem like it makes sense in my opinion

humanoid
02-14-2008, 04:24 PM
not that I hate the Eagles or anything....but would having 2 huge classic rock headliners fit at Coachella??? I really, really don't think so....

woogie846
02-14-2008, 04:31 PM
I think The Eagles are bigger then Roger Waters, but I could be wrong. I think there is no chance of them playing anyways.

The Eagles are much bigger than Roger Waters.

Hotel California is the greatest selling album of all time.

Memorial_07
02-14-2008, 04:37 PM
The only thing worse than Jack Johnson headlining is The Eagles headlining.

Damn....
you really hate the Eagles.

PassiveTheory
02-14-2008, 04:40 PM
The Eagles are much bigger than Roger Waters.

Hotel California is the greatest selling album of all time.

Thriller... Back in Black... and a few others outsell Hotel California...

gratytrainridesagain
02-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Their Greatest Hits is the best selling album in US history.

PassiveTheory
02-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Your source?

Thriller is still a better selling record...

And Floyd has had more influence over the history of alternative music than the Eagles.

gratytrainridesagain
02-14-2008, 04:57 PM
Google Wiki Billboard

I'm talking about the US though Thriller has sold the most albums world wide. I'm not arguing that The Eagles are better than Pink Floyd either, I hate The Fuckin Eagles.

hypervera
02-14-2008, 05:11 PM
i dont care about the eagles i just know hotel california

thom cobain
02-14-2008, 05:44 PM
come on, man. i've had a rough night and i hate the fuckin' eagles.

mikebspeedracer
02-14-2008, 06:13 PM
And Floyd has had more influence over the history of alternative music than the Eagles.

Agreed

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-14-2008, 07:20 PM
this sums it all up

fcAa-rnulkw

YESSSSS!

That really sums it up.

thom cobain
02-14-2008, 07:43 PM
ha. you rule massive chemical punk. creedence baby.

lostsoul86
02-15-2008, 05:22 PM
the eagles would be a great add i love to just get some tequilla in me and listen to tequilla sunrise .. or One of these nights would be cool for a friday night headliner or to open for roger waters .. considering there classical rock ...

PassiveTheory
02-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Yes because Coachella should be all about Classic Rock... Christ.

nbvwes
02-16-2008, 03:31 AM
last year Willie Nelson performed at Coachella and Stagecoach. He's probably the only performer out of those two festivals that could of possibly played both.

well, considering Neko Case & Nickel Creek also played both last year, i think you're wrong...

Their Greatest Hits is the best selling album in US history.

it's the best selling 'greatest hits' album in history... that's NOT the same thing...

but hell paula abdul sold 15 million albums once so what does that tell u about being popular?

paula abdul never sold 15 million albums...

...and reguarding the topic of this thread, there's already someone playing both fests... his name is Dwight Yoakum.

CaliMag
02-16-2008, 08:26 AM
I knew this thread would turn into a hate fest. The problem with this suggestion along with Tom Petty is that we alreay have JJ and Roger Waters. We need a more 'alternative' band added. If Petty and the Eagles are added Golden Voice might as well change the name to the "US Festival."

gratytrainridesagain
02-16-2008, 08:28 AM
it's the best selling 'greatest hits' album in history... that's NOT the same thing...

Wrong look it up. I hate the fuckin Eagles too, but it is the best selling album in the US.

braundiggity
02-16-2008, 09:19 AM
The Gravy Train is absolutely right. Stop being stupid and arguing without looking it up.

Click here (http://reviews.ebay.com/Best-Selling-Albums-of-All-Time-the-10MM-Club_W0QQugidZ10000000000042188)

And yes, it's a greatest hits album, but in terms of sales, it's still tops. Not the greatest, and while I used to love the eagles (I actually own the album), I don't anymore.

Sales =/= importance or quality. They do indicate how big a band is, and the eagles are huge. But a Pink Floyd reunion would be bigger, because it's so unlikely.

So order of how big the show would be, Pink Floyd > Eagles > Roger Waters

Still don't want it to happen though. I'd rather put those millions of dollars into somebody cool.

roberto73
02-16-2008, 09:25 AM
And just to corroborate:

RIAA's Top-Selling Albums List (http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?table=tblTop100)

It's The Eagles, then Michael Jackson, then Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, and AC/DC rounding out the Top Five.

Like The Eagles or not (and I definitely don't), but them's the stats.

braundiggity
02-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Also, as much as I love the Big Lebowski, I swear I've never met a non-white person that likes the Eagles... So I think that's stretching it a bit, lol.

That's part of why it's so hysterical.

kingdumb
02-19-2008, 07:57 PM
NO COUNTRY!

...unless they get billy Gilman up and going again!

BlackSwan
02-19-2008, 09:52 PM
could this thread fail anymore

chip_m555
02-24-2008, 10:50 PM

yes you are wrong

Weeping Willow
02-25-2008, 09:09 AM
No Festival For Old Men