PDA

View Full Version : What the Coachella Friday Headliner Should've been

Dj Oso Fresh
02-13-2008, 01:01 AM

pDxT19wNtY4

One can only dream of what could've been.

Kanye West w/ DAFT PUNK.

Oh well.

Jack Johnson & Portishead, Here I come!

merznerve
02-13-2008, 09:01 AM
no.

vinylmartyr
02-13-2008, 09:07 AM
what

vinylmartyr
02-13-2008, 09:09 AM
http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/View.aspx?

vinylmartyr
02-13-2008, 09:10 AM
http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/2/13/fail128473996053593750.jpg

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-13-2008, 09:14 AM
http://mecagoenmivida.blogia.com/upload/20061107120434-super-20idiota.jpg

DaFunkyPrecedent
02-13-2008, 09:50 AM
so fuckin sick.

humanoid
02-13-2008, 10:08 AM
maybe Kanye could do a spoken word performance for an hour or 2 and tell us how amazing and talented he is....

Boourns
02-13-2008, 10:11 AM
That would still be 100 times better than Jack Johnson. Greater comedic value.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-13-2008, 10:12 AM
maybe Kanye could do a spoken word performance for an hour or 2 and tell us how amazing and talented he is....

:rotfl

paganman7
02-13-2008, 10:38 AM
I would watch that.

BlackSwan
02-13-2008, 11:07 AM
I almost was going to see the Glow In The Dark tour and then realized the only thing that could make Kanye's performance good was Daft Punk being there.

jonnypark
02-13-2008, 11:15 AM
thats not David Bowie

woogie846
02-13-2008, 01:43 PM
That would still be 100 times better than Jack Johnson. Greater comedic value.

I'm not sure about that, Jack Johnson seems like a pretty big joke to me.

Dj Oso Fresh
02-13-2008, 08:14 PM
While he might be the cockiest person on the planet.
it doesn't affect the fact that he makes some damn good music.

I'd still rather watch him with daft punk over Jack Johnson anyday.

Bud Luster
02-13-2008, 08:21 PM
He doesnt make damn good music. He samples entire tunes for every song and then has the fucking nerve to ask "doesnt anybody make any real shit anymore?" - well you dont fuck face. And listen to his lyrics - so fucking whack. And yes I know Daft Punk sample the hell out of other artists too. Kanye is music for little kids.

Dj Oso Fresh
02-13-2008, 08:35 PM
He doesnt make damn good music. He samples entire tunes for every song and then has the fucking nerve to ask "doesnt anybody make any real shit anymore?" - well you dont fuck face. And listen to his lyrics - so fucking whack. And yes I know Daft Punk sample the hell out of other artists too. Kanye is music for little kids.

Dude.

Hip hop was created on sampling Disco.

Rap evolved into sampling everything else.

Thats all rap is.

Making new songs out of old songs.

I'm not the president of the Kanye Fanclub or anything.

But I do love Hip Hop.

yes, Rap samples anything under the sun.

but its still good music.

Just like Daft Punk.

They both do the same thing.

You wanna talk about his lyrics?
He's no poet. but he gets his point across.
Listen to real hip hop if you want lyrics.
He's a rapper. Rappers lyrics are crap. always have been.

name one rapper with good lyrics?
Snoop? Dre? Lil Wayne? Any southern rapper?
They all suck lyrically.

You want lyrics?
Listen to Murs, Felt, Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Pigeon John, Apathy, Louis Logic, Soul Position, and Sage Francis.

I think the masses are just hating on his music cuz he's so arrogant.
He's still a good artist and an even better performer.

I've seen him live. Its awesome.

Yes, he's a jerk.

but dude, I once asked Will Ferrel for an autograph and he told me to go screw myself.

You're arguement has no merit.

alex97
02-13-2008, 08:40 PM
but dude, I once asked Will Ferrel for an autograph and he told me to go screw myself.

:eek: :(

is he really that much of an asshole?

chawns
02-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Dude.

You wanna talk about his lyrics?
He's no poet. but he gets his point across.
Listen to real hip hop if you want lyrics.
He's a rapper. Rappers lyrics are crap. always have been.

They all suck lyrically.

You want lyrics?
Listen to Murs, Felt, Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Pigeon John, Apathy, Louis Logic, Soul Position, and Sage Francis.

Hey Strom Thurmond,
so a dash of anglo makes good lyrics?

Rakim?, Nas?, Jay-Z?, GZA?, Ghostface?,Tribe? De La? Clipse?, MF Doom, Del? Charizma, Big? EPMD?, Kast?, Mobb Deep? Talib? Common?

I got more names when you are done studying these...

summerkid
02-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Murs is black...

brycerosen
02-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Dude.

They all suck lyrically.

How dare you say Dre's lyrics suck

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
02-14-2008, 04:59 AM
kanye's money rap. why you want that bullshit polluting the festival?

Memorial_07
02-14-2008, 06:02 AM
Um...No.

My Bloody Valentine should've headlined.
At least co-headlined.

thom cobain
02-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Dude.

Hip hop was created on sampling Disco.

Rap evolved into sampling everything else.

Thats all rap is.

Making new songs out of old songs.

I'm not the president of the Kanye Fanclub or anything.

But I do love Hip Hop.

yes, Rap samples anything under the sun.

but its still good music.

Just like Daft Punk.

They both do the same thing.

They all suck lyrically.

the Roots. untouchable hip hop. and it is not just sampling. they don't even have turn tables on stage. they produce original music with a band. black thought is the greatest MC, rapper, or hip hop lyricist of all time.

daft punk produces original music too.

KookyFor1973
02-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Fuck Kanye.

msklvr
02-14-2008, 09:13 AM
the Roots. untouchable hip hop. and it is not just sampling. they don't even have turn tables on stage. they produce original music with a band. black thought is the greatest MC, rapper, or hip hop lyricist of all time.

Agreed with the Roots.

But did you just say Daft Punk produces original music? So far off. Daft Punk samples way more than any rapper could dream of. Their success stems directly from their Coachella performance and the pyramid. Without those two things, Daft Punk would not be so big.

Memorial_07
02-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Agreed with the Roots.

But did you just say Daft Punk produces original music? So far off. Daft Punk samples way more than any rapper could dream of. Their success stems directly from their Coachella performance and the pyramid. Without those two things, Daft Punk would not be so big.

Really?
That Coachella performance made them that much popular?

daft$tar
02-14-2008, 03:36 PM
no way

http://www.toadking.com/6x9=42/fail.jpg

mikebspeedracer
02-14-2008, 03:44 PM
badass

thom cobain
02-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Agreed with the Roots.

daft punk samples and produces original music. they would be just as successful if they never played coachella. the pyramid? you can't hear the pyramid. their sound is what makes them so big. it is you that is so far off.

Boourns
02-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Well, the Coachella performance led to their touring, all of which made them bigger than ever.

Bud Luster
02-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Agreed with the Roots.

But did you just say Daft Punk produces original music? So far off. Daft Punk samples way more than any rapper could dream of.

Way more than any rapper could dream of? knee-grow Please. Try to count the samples on Pauls Boutique sometime. There are literally hundreds on just that one album. Rappers sample sampled samples.

thom cobain
02-14-2008, 06:33 PM
daft played at coachella because they are huge. how do you think they drew such a large crowd during fucking depeche mode? they've been around for a long time. daft punk didn't need coachella. coachella needed daft punk.

msklvr
02-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Their Coachella performance is what gave them the needed exposure to go on their tour and actually buy the pyramid.

If it was just two guys standing there with some boxes all around them, it would not have been as visually stunning.

SO. Without Paul and Coachella behind them, they would not have gotten the pyramid, they wouldn't have gotten all the rave reviews and press they did, and who knows if they would have had a big of tour as they did? And Kanye? Forget about it!

Yeah, they had a good fanbase before Coachella, but it grew by leaps and bounds afterwards. The reason their fanbase grew? People wanted to see the pyramid. Plain and simple. Datf's music, while being very good dance music and very creative, is highly, highly sampled, which makes it not too original.

They built a pyramid here in Vegas once. People came from all over the world to see it. Now it's no big deal and people can stay there for $30. This, too, will be Daft Punk's fate.

The two of them will go on a "Daft Punk - Naked" club tour. They'll make some obscure movies with all the $$ they made from the pyramid. Maybe they'll end up doing a stint at the Luxor. Seems fitting.

So, it is you that is so far off, Thom Cobain!

Here maybe this'll fix ya! This is only a small chunk of their blatant sampling. Can't they change things even a little?
MJPdVVOmbz4

msklvr
02-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Um...No.

My Bloody Valentine should've headlined.
At least co-headlined.

QFT

thom cobain
02-14-2008, 09:40 PM
talk up the pyramid all you want. it's hype. they would sell out any place they played without it. it is not the only thing that is visually stimulating. all dance music has visuals along with it.

as for daft sampling, who cares? they sample. so do the roots. but they also produce original music.

msklvr
02-14-2008, 10:35 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/TheSILENCELV/yoda.jpg

Dj Oso Fresh
02-15-2008, 06:26 PM
Hey Strom Thurmond,
so a dash of anglo makes good lyrics?

Rakim?, Nas?, Jay-Z?, GZA?, Ghostface?,Tribe? De La? Clipse?, MF Doom, Del? Charizma, Big? EPMD?, Kast?, Mobb Deep? Talib? Common?

I got more names when you are done studying these...

No racial preference here. I just love hip hop.

All the names you listed are amazing talents and even better lyricists. I'll disagree with Mobb Deep though, I guess I just don't dig'em.

but all these names are artists that everyones heard of.
I'm throwing out names to underground hip hop artists you may have never heard of.

Dj Oso Fresh
02-15-2008, 06:27 PM
:eek: :(

is he really that much of an asshole?

HUGE Asshole.

Dj Oso Fresh
02-15-2008, 06:28 PM
How dare you say Dre's lyrics suck

Jay-z wrote the verses on "Still D.R.E." off the 2001 album.

Dre's lyrics suck.

I just feel so gangster listening to them I forget.

Dj Oso Fresh
02-15-2008, 06:30 PM

Agreed.

The Roots are one of my favorite bands to see live.

I've seen them at least 6 or 7 times.

I even have a QuestLove autographed drumstick to prove it.

They Killed it at Coachella last year. Too bad no repeat performances.
They never do the same show twice.