PDA

View Full Version : DAFT/KANYE/GRAMMYS

SuperInuit
02-13-2008, 12:15 AM
personally, im disapointed in DP. kanye is an egomaniac douche who i pretty much loathe and hes totally doggin dafts steeze and is making bank off it. all of his shows will prabably be "daft like" now...
What are your opinions on this bullshit?

Cpt. Funkaho
02-13-2008, 12:18 AM
.. and hes totally doggin dafts steeze...

My opinion is that I choked on my beer when I read that line. I am a simple walrus and do not understand such sophisticated wordplay, and can only assume that it means something to the effect of "hugging" Daft Punk's "testicles".

SuperInuit
02-13-2008, 12:37 AM
My opinion is that I choked on my beer when I read that line. I am a simple walrus and do not understand such sophisticated wordplay, and can only assume that it means something to the effect of "hugging" Daft Punk's "testicles".

hah, its not testicle hugging. to say it in other words kanye's copying/using their live style of performing

signmeup
02-13-2008, 12:41 AM
this thread is not appropriate for this board.

(as in neither daft punk, kanye, or the grammys are part of this years line up.)

boarderwoozel3
02-13-2008, 12:54 AM
none the less...I like how kanye is getting the pyramid some love from the masses but his personal douchebaggery reflects poorly on the Punk by association. I say fuck kanye. Who the fuck does he think he is telling the grammys how to run their show?! They played the music because you were yip-yapping too long. If you wanted to talk about your death by plastic surgery mother you should have done it earlier.

Those millions still worth it kanye? Good job, you earned enough money to send your mother to a sixth rate plastic surgeon and look what happened…

SuperInuit
02-13-2008, 12:59 AM
this thread is not appropriate for this board.

(as in neither daft punk, kanye, or the grammys are part of this years line up.)

true, but this board seems to be the best for getting the most opinions.
but yeah i should have posted it in babble

humanoid
02-13-2008, 01:10 AM
none the less...I like how kanye is getting the pyramid some love from the masses but his personal douchebaggery reflects poorly on the Punk by association. I say fuck kanye. Who the fuck does he think he is telling the grammys how to run their show?! They played the music because you were yip-yapping too long. If you wanted to talk about your death by plastic surgery mother you should have done it earlier.

Those millions still worth it kanye? Good job, you earned enough money to send your mother to a sixth rate plastic surgeon and look what happened…

Its funny, because the cocky asshole acted as if he were trying to honor his mother...yet once he got to speak again, he just talked about himself and how great he is.....he is a fucking joke

SuperInuit
02-13-2008, 01:27 AM
i still don't understand why daft ever collaberated with him in the first place.
kanye and DP are complete opposites
you have two humble musicians who dont even show their faces
and a rapper who loves himself more than his dead mother...

hypervera
02-13-2008, 01:33 AM
i still don't understand why daft ever collaberated with him in the first place.

because daft punk needs more money and they need to be popular for the masses

signmeup
02-13-2008, 02:12 AM

kanye wanted the sample, DP liked it so they okayed it. they didnt even meet each other in person until lollapalooza, then they did the spin cover after vegoose, then this. they just respect him as a producer i assume.

dont get me wrong though, i fucking hate kanye, but im kind of over the whole hating him beacuse hes "dogging daft's steez" thing. theyre friends, whatevs. get over it.

SuperInuit
02-13-2008, 02:35 AM
yeah its not a big deal, they did it whatever. its weird tho because in that issue of spin Thomas said he didnt see them working with kanye again, yet they did the grammys...just odd

triceratops oatmeal
02-13-2008, 02:50 AM
i could give two shits as well, but i don't understand why everyone is praising Kanye's performance.

he reminds me of a 5 yr old kid who grabs a mic and starts spouting off jibberish, that everyone gazes at and says "aw, he's so cute". take the mic away and he starts cryin' like a baby. he's terrible.

but hey, what do i know? he's the millionaire.

shotglass75
02-13-2008, 02:55 AM
I'd like to know what the hell Daft Punk was pressing back there with all of those green touch pads. What were those screens?

signmeup
02-13-2008, 04:14 AM
I'd like to know what the hell Daft Punk was pressing back there with all of those green touch pads. What were those screens?

check the daft thread for answers, it was discussed in there.

NiceArthur32
02-13-2008, 04:22 AM
Kanye West doesn't care about coachella people...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI

i love his music... but he truly is an idiot...

depechemodekraftwerk
02-13-2008, 06:21 AM
if you dont like kayne fine...if you dont like when he said BUSH dont like black people, fine..If your a republican i guess u would not like him.If your a racist i guess a load mouthed militant type brother wouldnt make u fond of him either...

maybe he should be more quiet, fall in line like he should and not have an opinion...

Well wake up he does..

Idiot>>>?? Nope...... very good music producer YES.. Writes his own stuff, music ,lyrics yes..which music and rap has gotten alot of producers making music for the few sometimes lyrics also.

SO i will give him his props..The albums he has put out had been VERY GOOD...

And i must say he and common gave good performance for coachella in 06....

Copy from DAFT PUNK OH YES.... not hard so too see and hear..BUT WAIT, many artist has copied other artist since the beginning of music??? why you doont want kayne taking from daft?? becauss what??? Maybe some of the reasons ive stated??

Anyway. Kayne will be kayne.... and i dont dis-like kayne nor neither a big big fan. but must respect the albums hes put out and made..

and one more thing on this declaration of indepedance..lol

Anyoe watch the SUPER BOWL???

anyone see the teams come out??? NEW YORK CAME OUT ON faster stronger from kayne?daft

new england came out on ozzie ozzborne..

WHO WON THE SUPER BOWL???
go kayne.yes that song made the difference..lol

victor831
02-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Its funny, because the cocky asshole acted as if he were trying to honor his mother...yet once he got to speak again, he just talked about himself and how great he is.....he is a fucking joke

Couldn't agree more, he's a fucking joke, what a gigantic classless douche, has always been and will always be.

NiceArthur32
02-13-2008, 01:38 PM
if you dont like kayne fine...if you dont like when he said BUSH dont like black people, fine..If your a republican i guess u would not like him.If your a racist i guess a load mouthed militant type brother wouldnt make u fond of him either...

maybe he should be more quiet, fall in line like he should and not have an opinion...

Well wake up he does..

Idiot>>>?? Nope...... very good music producer YES.. Writes his own stuff, music ,lyrics yes..

i'm not saying that he shouldnt have said that.. just watch that video, it sounds so lame when he's saying that whole little speach... dude, i love kanye.... but the guy is kind of a douche bag...

faxman75
02-13-2008, 01:44 PM
I love how every time this gets discussed no one ever mentions that the Daft Punk samples were just that. Sampled from somewhere else.

You all should have a bit more respect for Kanye considering he didn't even have to ask in my opinion. Those beats don't belong to Daft. Daft just made them fresh.

faxman75
02-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Not one of you muthafacko's have given the props to

Edwin Birdsong -"Cola Bottle Baby"

You all FAIL and make this topic laughable.

faxman75
02-13-2008, 01:48 PM
I fuckin' hate snobs who hold Daft Punks nuts constantly but don't give it up to any of the artists they are sampling. Understand the roots you noobs.

gratytrainridesagain
02-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Kanye West doesn't care about coachella people...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI

i love his music... but he truly is an idiot...

I never actually watched that full clip before. He just makes himself look like an ass, some of the comments just reminded me of a pissed off teenage punk yelling anarchy and fuck the government.

BlackSwan
02-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Not one of you muthafacko's have given the props to

Edwin Birdsong -"Cola Bottle Baby"

You all FAIL and make this topic laughable.

yeah, i was pretty disappointed in Daft when I originally heard the sample source... same for Robot Rock

faxman75
02-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Does that mean you are disapointed in all electronic music, except maybe Kraftwerk? I mean, whose records do you think they are all spinning?

My point was that it's a recycled medium to begin with and Daft is special for being lightyears ahead of many others but the whole OMG that's Kanye using Daft Punks music argument is downright silly. It's all recycled.

marooko
02-13-2008, 03:05 PM
:poo

signmeup
02-13-2008, 05:10 PM
You all should have a bit more respect for Kanye considering he didn't even have to ask in my opinion. Those beats don't belong to Daft. Daft just made them fresh.

he didnt sample their reworking of cola bottle baby. he sampled the "harder better faster stronger" part so yes he did have to ask. plus he wouldve had to ask edwin birdson had he sampled the beat, you dont make any sense.

shakermaker113
02-13-2008, 08:52 PM
to those criticizing Daft for sampling so much, you try to create such a phenomenal experience that draws the attention of millions across the world using samples of someone else's music. it's not easy. despite the inevitable criticisms (as we are seeing here) they produced one of the most amazing shows any of us have ever seen. and they admit themselves they are producers, not musicians. it doesn't change the experience. has it never occurred to you to ask why Daft's music got so much more attention that the music they sampled?

I'm getting way off topic here. enough.

betao
02-13-2008, 09:04 PM
^^ very true.

Sure, you can criticize daft punk for sampling alot (and i'm some cases, I think alot if it is a bit too much, Robot Rock is a prime example of this), but sampling isnt as easy as it seems. Like the one used in "Superheroes" that originally came from a Barry Mannilow tune. You can't just pick any random song and find a sample from it. You have to listen very carefully, keep your ears open always, and take your time. Props to Daft Punk for picking out unique ones and making them blend in with the song very well - usually, everything seems to fit. Also, more props to them for being able to mix it very well. Their live shows are very well mixed (in my opinion).

Kanye West does have some original talent, and i'm saying that because it's true. I personally do not care for him, because I think he has a huge ego that overshadows his skill greatly.

superfiction
02-13-2008, 09:15 PM

he's a cool guy in person. and they respect his producing and desire to do something different.

depechemodekraftwerk
02-14-2008, 05:10 AM
SAMPLING IS SAMPLING.

I dont care how much you put an ear and ,listen for that tune that will be a hit,....

You didnt come up with it and u sample.

Put your ears to my nuts and sample how big,warm,fuzzy and chocolate they are..

depechemodekraftwerk
02-14-2008, 05:15 AM
FAX is saying. That daft p[unk took from edwin birdsong, and kayne took from daft or edwin.

All sampleed from edwin birdong

I knew edwin did rapper dapper snapper. his biggest u.s. hit i know of...
GREAT SHIT FAXMAN.

jigglypuflvr@mac.com
02-14-2008, 06:19 AM
you guys are all missing the point that kanye's version of the song sucks, and daft punk's doesn't.

Memorial_07
02-14-2008, 07:02 AM
I'm happy.
Only about Slayer winning a grammy!!!

Even though they beat out my favorite band, Machine Head.
Its ok though.

shakermaker113
02-14-2008, 07:32 AM
SAMPLING IS SAMPLING.

I dont care how much you put an ear and ,listen for that tune that will be a hit,....

You didnt come up with it and u sample.

Put your ears to my nuts and sample how big,warm,fuzzy and chocolate they are..

why don't you sample a tune and produce a hit then. make a few thousand dollars off what you claim would be so easy.

for irony's sake, why don't you sample a daft punk song?

betao
02-14-2008, 07:43 AM
Yea seriously... As I said before, sampling may not mean it's your work, but its still not easy. Finding the right sample to fight with the right song is very challenging.

depechemodekraftwerk
02-16-2008, 01:54 PM
No why dont i just sample all the songs daft punk has...Id have three to four albums full of music already.

thelastgreatman
02-16-2008, 01:57 PM
BTW, I downloaded a torrent that's all the original songs Daft sampled, and THEY'RE ALL FUCKING AWESOME. Like some of the best 70's soul/disco tracks I've ever heard, and I don't think I've ever heard any of them before. The songs that Robot Rock and Harder Better Faster Stronger sample are practically better than the Daft versions.

malcolmjamalawesome
12-02-2008, 08:08 AM
So I just watched this video again and that touch screen thing they were doing was DEFINITELY a prop.

canexplain
12-23-2008, 10:25 AM
just an fyi .... cr****

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/blenderburner/4491/kanye-west-caught-lip-synching

superfiction
12-23-2008, 11:01 AM
just an fyi .... cr****

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/blenderburner/4491/kanye-west-caught-lip-synching

in his defense he had a girl singing the high notes. it didnt seem like he was trying to hide it. he just sounded sick. my first thought when i saw that video was someone else is singing that one note, and it didnt bother me one bit

Drewski27
12-24-2008, 12:59 AM
[QUOTE=triceratops oatmeal;464019he reminds me of a 5 yr old kid who grabs a mic and starts spouting off jibberish, that everyone gazes at and says "aw, he's so cute". take the mic away and he starts cryin' like a baby. he's terrible.
QUOTE]

totally agree. childish is the best way to describe kanye's character. he doesnt give a shit about the music. he cares about the revenue its gonna create. thats the reason he sampled daft punk. he knew who they were and decided to make some cash of their name. hes also a horrible show. i just watched the SNL performance and wanted to vomit. he can't sing worth a fuck. i feel embarrased just knowing that i know about him.

nationocean
12-24-2008, 09:52 AM
I am a simple walrus and do not understand such sophisticated wordplay, and can only assume that it means something to the effect of "hugging" Daft Punk's "testicles".

You choked on your beer? Jebus christ that's funny. "I am a simple walrus"

lolz