PDA

View Full Version : Madonna in the Sahara Again?

airguitarvet
02-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Her new album drops April 29 with collaboration from Pharell, Kanye West and Timbaland. It's suppossed to be hip hop electronica. Any comments and hating suggested. it's a free country.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-12-2008, 04:53 PM
I think they should bring her back and give her a longer effing set...I was so pissed after watching her tiny 6 songs set last time that I wanted to punch old people and make them bleed to death...

nocigarettes
02-12-2008, 05:11 PM
they need to add her sexy old ass again.

Memorial_07
02-12-2008, 05:24 PM
how badly was it crowded for her?

Foucault
02-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Madge could have given an awesome, tight, electro-dance performance, instead she insulted the audience by coming on very late, insulted us again by continually asking, "Don't you like my ass?," insulted us once more by ending early, and the final insult: a lame set that was nothing more or less than a short segment from her regular show. It would have worked had she been preaching to the choir, but instead she failed to inspire any converts.

gibsonorbust
02-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Madge could have given an awesome, tight, electro-dance performance, instead she insulted the audience by coming on very late, insulted us again by continually asking, "Don't you like my ass?," insulted us once more by ending early, and the final insult: a lame set that was nothing more or less than a short segment from her regular show. It would have worked had she been preaching to the choir, but instead she failed to inspire any converts.

So true.

Ill add, for the sake of discussion, her show was produced so much better than any other acts Coachella has hosted. Of course, this is because she has little else goin for her besides flash and dancing.

Tijuana
02-12-2008, 06:20 PM
I hope she gets added for Sunday and conflicting with Roger Waters... That way all the lambs will be at the Sahara going BAA BAA BAA.

BROKENDOLL
02-12-2008, 07:00 PM
We were back up in the VIP bleachers for a drink while they setup for Madonna. I felt bad for the other stages because from where we were at it appeared that everyone in attendance was headed to the Sahara. Fortunately, the timing allowed those acts to finish and she pretty much had the crowd to herself. Unfortunately, her late start, lack of finesse, and short show left alot of people feeling disappointed. Oh, well...atleast I can say I witnessed the hugest throng of people I've ever seen headed in the same direction. I may have a pic somewhere.

Mr.Nipples
02-12-2008, 07:17 PM
best thread ever

dontfeedthebird
02-12-2008, 07:18 PM
madonna > m.i.a.

psychic friend
02-12-2008, 07:19 PM
insert any number of FAIL pics here

thanks

MarkO
02-12-2008, 07:28 PM

It was ridiculous. Think Sunday night main stage crowds trying to get into or near the tent.

I'm 6' 2" and I could barely see her and then it was only through the sides of the tent that were opened up.

gaypalmsprings
02-12-2008, 07:42 PM

thanks

http://www.rocketreviews.com/images2/meanie03.JPG

summerkid
02-12-2008, 07:46 PM
i highly doubt they'd bring her back after 2006's fiasco, but i think we can't count her out for sure because of that "360" deal she signed with live nation. She can't play a AEG ran festival because of that (at least not in the States) only Live Nation venues and festivals.

psychic friend
02-12-2008, 08:08 PM
http://www.rocketreviews.com/images2/meanie03.JPG

that should totally be my sig pic. if it wasnt so meanly obnoxious.

JustSteve
02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
we had a great view...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/forgotaboutsteve/IMG_3481.jpg

psychic friend
02-12-2008, 08:14 PM
thats cool steve. i couldnt even get to that side of the polo field during the time!

quicksand
02-12-2008, 08:17 PM
madonna > m.i.a.
chyeah

thanks
oh my god psychic friend is hilarious

kthx

JustSteve
02-12-2008, 08:26 PM
thats cool steve. i couldnt even get to that side of the polo field during the time!

i remember her crew coming in and shutting down that whole area, backstage included. luckily b.f. let me know the day before what the plan was, so we got there a couple hours before she came on, while oakenfold was spinning. i pretty much had no choice, i got my girlfriend and her sister in that day specifically for madonna. but hey, got to all see madonna for free, so now i won't have to shell out hundreds of dollars per ticket to see her regular show.

some of her fans were real a-holes, though. spent the whole time telling us we were going to get kicked out because we didn't have the madonna bracelets and glaring at us for being in "their" area. had to show those bitches(both male and female) what the real bracelets looked like.

Trick Loves The Kids
02-12-2008, 08:33 PM
she had her chance and blew it

garrett222
02-12-2008, 08:35 PM
my memory of the madonna show is simply her walking off without any notice or goodbye after a 6 song set with only 3 songs being hits...and then the trudge to the end of massive attack was so slow and pack people were making sheep noises.

noisemachine
02-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Madonna was pretty horrible. I think she was only scheduled for about 50 minutes to begin with and came on at least 20 minutes late (horrible festival etiquette), but ended more or less at the scheduled time making it a very short set. Also, her song selection sucked ass. I wanted to hear some oldies like "Into the Groove" or "Like a Prayer" but no, she played a few songs from her new album, "Ray of Light" and a few others I didn't really recognize. Not to mention the crowd (it was a mistake not putting her on the Main Stage).

I still heavily regret not watching Mogwai instead :(

JustSteve
02-12-2008, 08:40 PM
she demanded to be in the tent.

emtgreg
02-12-2008, 08:42 PM
that should totally be my sig pic. if it wasnt so meanly obnoxious.

you would have to enable sig pics...and we all know that would create a whole new universe of obnoxiousness...

also, madonna, eww, yes it was once liek:

ZOMG MADONNA

but recently, its more like:

meh, madonna...

psychic friend
02-12-2008, 08:43 PM
had to show those bitches(both male and female) what the real bracelets looked like.

ya i dont get those or the pin. thanks for rubbing it in. all your hard work and all.

lol

psychic friend
02-12-2008, 08:44 PM
she demanded to be in the tent.

tru dat

noisemachine
02-12-2008, 08:53 PM
were you supposed to have special bracelets to be in the front or something?

noisemachine
02-12-2008, 08:55 PM
i remember her crew coming in and shutting down that whole area, backstage included.

God, I remember that. That was the one year I had a side stage access bracelet and I couldn't get back stage for a good couple hours leading up to her set.

daft$tar
02-12-2008, 09:02 PM
i love queen m but i hated everything about it in 2006- the 6 songs felt like 2 and it was too hot/crowded - plus waiting thru paul oakenfold was torture on top of everything else that was unpleasant

M would be exciting - but i think we should give Kylie her chance...

humanoid
02-12-2008, 11:02 PM
aren't there other places for people like Madonna & Kylie to play that are better fits than Coachella?

Gyrus
02-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Madonna at coachella.... pffff.
Glad I wasnt there to see that shite.
Madge can lick a flange, coincidence that all of guy ritchies films have gone to the shit since she arrived on the scene???

rocketfuelisthekey
02-13-2008, 12:26 AM
I loved her set. It was a short six songs but it did deliver. Realistically I don't understand why anyone would have expected anything different. It was a "spectacle," right?

shakermaker113
02-13-2008, 06:31 AM
I had a dream last night that she did appear in the sahara again. except she wouldn't actually come on stage, she would just appear on the screens as she performed back stage. and she was collaborating with the singer from gogol bordello, who did appear on stage. he was dressed in a suit of armor.

god something must be wrong with me.

BeHereNOW
02-13-2008, 06:40 AM
Madonna at coachella.... pffff.

agree...

I was there 2 years ago...the sound was very lame...
the night before with daft punk i could not even hear my thoughts... i wonder what happened with madonna... add to this that she went out to stage veeery late.... i think she doesnt fit in this year, or any other

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-13-2008, 06:59 AM
Per Dani's Request....

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg90/mercuryrevboces/liftfail.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-13-2008, 06:59 AM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg90/mercuryrevboces/frontwheel.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-13-2008, 07:01 AM
last one I promise....:)

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg90/mercuryrevboces/steps.jpg

daft$tar
02-13-2008, 08:47 AM
I loved her set. It was a short six songs but it did deliver. Realistically I don't understand why anyone would have expected anything different. It was a "spectacle," right?

ur right...

i shouldn't speak evil on Queen M

lol @ the fail pics - gets me everytime

everlay
02-13-2008, 08:56 AM
She's so "been there done that"...

"Are my gawd, play in that desert AGAIN?!
Those happy campers cannot possibly show me all the love I deserve."

airguitarvet
02-13-2008, 08:03 PM
well check this out guys and gals................

madonna's set was intentionally suppossed to be short/// she did a 6 song set weeks before in nyc. It was suppossed to be a teaser for her world tour.

it made sense for her to be in the dance tent since she is a dance artist....
her album was prduced by jacques lu conte......

im sure they gave a her a designated set time but m fans kinda knew she would only do 6 songs- spanning her entire career.....

everyone else bitchin is pretty ignorant and have continuously proved it.
it's fnny how people bitch so much, yet most of them were there to watch her set. get a grip and move on. i liked her set- she always ends her sets like that. did you really expect her to come back and blow kissess to all y'all? hello no. handle your shit and get the fuck out.

MarkO
02-13-2008, 08:50 PM
ehh ...... best thread ever ......... I guess.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-14-2008, 04:06 AM

madonna's set was intentionally suppossed to be short/// she did a 6 song set weeks before in nyc. It was suppossed to be a teaser for her world tour.

im sure they gave a her a designated set time but m fans kinda knew she would only do 6 songs- spanning her entire career.....

it's fnny how people bitch so much, yet most of them were there to watch her set. get a grip and move on. i liked her set- she always ends her sets like that. did you really expect her to come back and blow kissess to all y'all? hello no. handle your shit and get the fuck out.

I just wanted to hear stuff off of Music and Ray of Light....I really really really wanted to hear Music and Impressive Instant since it was the friggin Sahara tent...BTW: We both have pretty similar taste in music...I was just expecting a lot more...I still respect her but I think she should have gotten more time at least....

daft$tar
02-14-2008, 08:45 AM

i agree to a point - she had the chance to blow everyone away but decided to just do the same tired ass "Confessions..." promo show she'd done 4 times before -u know she had rehearsed a bunch of shit for the tour already also - the only song any non super fan recognized was ray of light -

how epic was the jacques lu cont remix performance of Let It Will Be tho

music/impressive instant/even NOBODY KNOWS ME would have been amazing

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-14-2008, 08:51 AM
I swear had she opened with either Music or Impressive Instant the whole thing would have turned out alot better....

boarderwoozel3
02-14-2008, 08:51 AM
So she used coachella as a teaser for her world tour? Bitch.

M Sparks
02-14-2008, 09:16 AM
I saw that tour. I didn't get it at all.

BeHereNOW
02-14-2008, 11:00 AM

so my grama used to say...

mschirmersf
02-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Madonna would be super bad news. I've seen every tour she's done and only one of them was really good. It was the Drowned World Tour. Her Coachella performance could have locked her in with a whole new audience but she was rudely an hour or so late. Remember: This is Coachella. We all have 10 other acts we paid hundreds of dollars to see. We don't need some bitch thinking she can come in an play a couple songs and make the world go WOW! It was totally stupid. The sound was bad. The set list was, eh no good and she spat on the integrity of the festival's past and future. Look at it now...Jack Johnson is headlining. Dumb. dumb. dumb. So Madonna at Coachella would suck. The only people that love here were the gays. I mean the really gay gays. I'm gay, but not that gay. They were the kind of gay that has bad taste in music gay. Shania Twain gay. Cher gay. Barbara Streisand gay. Madonna gay. Bad news. ALL AROUND.

rage patton
02-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I had a dream last night that she did appear in the sahara again. except she wouldn't actually come on stage, she would just appear on the screens as she performed back stage. and she was collaborating with the singer from gogol bordello, who did appear on stage. he was dressed in a suit of armor.

god something must be wrong with me.

Hahaha. Best dream ever!

sbessiso
02-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Madonna would be super bad news. I've seen every tour she's done and only one of them was really good. It was the Drowned World Tour. Her Coachella performance could have locked her in with a whole new audience but she was rudely an hour or so late. Remember: This is Coachella. We all have 10 other acts we paid hundreds of dollars to see. We don't need some bitch thinking she can come in an play a couple songs and make the world go WOW! It was totally stupid. The sound was bad. The set list was, eh no good and she spat on the integrity of the festival's past and future. Look at it now...Jack Johnson is headlining. Dumb. dumb. dumb. So Madonna at Coachella would suck. The only people that love here were the gays. I mean the really gay gays. I'm gay, but not that gay. They were the kind of gay that has bad taste in music gay. Shania Twain gay. Cher gay. Barbara Streisand gay. Madonna gay. Bad news. ALL AROUND.

Harsh

braundiggity
02-17-2008, 05:01 PM
The throngs of people heading over there was nuts. I left YYY's early because I couldn't get close and they were having sound problems, but Madonna obviously turned out no better. I thought it was cool to see a legend, but as has been noted, awful that she started late, played short, and it was so crowded.

The river of people heading to the sahara was unlike anything I've witnessed. I literally couldn't go the other direction if I tried. This picture doesn't even begin to do it justice...

http://photos-355.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v18/33/77/3406355/n3406355_31070017_8411.jpg

and this was as close as I could get

http://photos-355.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v18/33/77/3406355/n3406355_31070018_8839.jpg

daft$tar
02-17-2008, 09:47 PM

way harsh :nono

mschirmersf
02-18-2008, 12:39 PM
I know it's harsh but it's true. That Coachella performance wasn't a show. It was the same lazy promo tour that she did everywhere else. She could have saved us the money and been up front about it. It was a total slap in the face and very, very tired. People waited all day for Madonna at Coachella. Those two names together should have meant something. Let's get real. Historically bands and performers pull out all the stops when they perform here. It's common sense and it's about respect. She treated it like some press junket. She not only pissed on us by being late but she took a big egotistical dump in all our open mouths by playing only 6 songs. Why? Because she can? Please. She's 50 and soon she's going to be doing her 2 year "Believe" Farewell tour. She had all the opportunity to blow us away and instead she just blew it.

sbessiso
02-18-2008, 12:47 PM
i dont mean the comments on madonna, but the comments on the gays

shakermaker113
02-18-2008, 05:48 PM
The throngs of people heading over there was nuts. I left YYY's early because I couldn't get close and they were having sound problems, but Madonna obviously turned out no better. I thought it was cool to see a legend, but as has been noted, awful that she started late, played short, and it was so crowded.

The river of people heading to the sahara was unlike anything I've witnessed. I literally couldn't go the other direction if I tried. This picture doesn't even begin to do it justice...

you couldn't get close to the YYY's? I was surprised at how close I could get. I attributed it to the mass of people heading towards the sahara getting a spot for madonna.

you're right about the river of people though. I've never seen such a large percentage of the coachella crowd heading in the same direction at the same time.

daft$tar
02-18-2008, 07:25 PM
i dont mean the comments on madonna, but the comments on the gays

exactly.

:rolleyes

Sonicifyouwantit
02-18-2008, 08:07 PM
if she comes back I'll just go to the oasis dome again. also someone mentioned giving her a longer set time, she had a long set time but came out late.

fishboy
02-18-2008, 11:07 PM
- plus waiting thru paul oakenfold was torture on top of everything else that was unpleasant

Oakenfold = torture indeed. That's what kept me from getting to the tent early. Even from outside it was awful. I hope he never plays Coachella again.

nbvwes
02-19-2008, 12:23 AM
you're right about the river of people though. I've never seen such a large percentage of the coachella crowd heading in the same direction at the same time.

hehe, you guys haven't seen jack johnson take the main stage in '08 yet... it'll be like madonna, except it'll be everyone LEAVING & looking for something (anything) else...

coincidence that all of guy ritchies films have gone to the shit since she arrived on the scene???

ALL of them since madonna huh? You mean all of TWO of them? and did you EVEN see 'Revolver'?? no, i didn't think so...

daft$tar
02-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Oakenfold = torture indeed. That's what kept me from getting to the tent early. Even from outside it was awful. I hope he never plays Coachella again.

my ears are bleeding even thinking about it