PDA

View Full Version : Kanye Dates Revealed. . . Conspicuous Gap!

starrdogg
02-12-2008, 08:02 AM
Note the lack of an LA date and a 7 day break right in time for Coachella. I have to think he's gonna get added to Friday's lineup now. I know many of you are not excited for him at all, but after seeing him on the Grammys, I am ridiculously psyched.

04-16 Seattle, WA - Key Arena *#
04-18 Sacramento, CA - ARCO Arena *#
04-19 San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion *#
04-20 San Diego, CA - San Diego Sports Arena *#
04-27 Denver, CO - Pepsi Center *#
05-01 Dallas, TX - Superpages.com Center *#
05-02 Woodlands, TX - Woodlands Pavilion *#
05-23 Chicago, IL - United Center *#
05-24 Minneapolis, MN - Target Center *#
05-27 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - Credit Union Centre *#
05-29 Edmonton, Rexall Place *#
05-30 Calgary, Alberta - Pengrowth Saddledome *#
06-12 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo *

gratytrainridesagain
02-12-2008, 08:07 AM
That does seem suspicious and someone claiming to know 2 big additions said 1 was a major hip hop act. Glad to see he's coming to MN he canceled last time I'll just mainly go for the openers though.

paganman7
02-12-2008, 08:13 AM
His set in '06 was less than exciting. A lot of people, however, really dig him, so I hope he gets added for your sakes.

As for me, I'm not expecting any additions.

summerkid
02-12-2008, 08:15 AM
there is a gap because his touring dj (A-trak) is playing Coachella, can't exactly tour without his dj. I highly doubt he gets added, Coachella isn't that smart this year.

gratytrainridesagain
02-12-2008, 08:19 AM
His set in 06 was pretty bad, but hopefully he'll make up for it by brining the rest of the lineup from the tour. I think Coachella will ad him (if they can) it would explain why he isn't headlining a night at Bonnaroo.

starrdogg
02-12-2008, 08:20 AM
there is a gap because his touring dj (A-trak) is playing Coachella, can't exactly tour without his dj. I highly doubt he gets added, Coachella isn't that smart this year.

That would be logical except that Kid Sister and A Trak are playing Coachella on Sunday, April 27, the same day Kanye's gonna be in Denver. I guess he's got a new DJ for this tour.

summerkid
02-12-2008, 08:21 AM
yeah, his 2006 set was just alright I saw him a couple months later at street scene and he was much much better and his performance on the grammys was just fucking incredible.

summerkid
02-12-2008, 08:23 AM
That would be logical except that Kid Sister and A Trak are playing Coachella on Sunday, April 27, the same day Kanye's gonna be in Denver. I guess he's got a new DJ for this tour.

yeah, thomas bangalter and Guy-Man. but seriously A-trak and Kid Sis will probably be moved to some other day then.

jtovar21
02-12-2008, 08:25 AM
hmm, you'd think he would show LA some love on this tour though. In the latest Rolling Stone, did anyone notice how Paul T, mentioned that most of the big acts don't like to sign more than 3 months before the festival.

summerkid
02-12-2008, 08:26 AM
i thought he was playing the nokia?

Courtney
02-12-2008, 08:48 AM
It's possible that he will be added, but I'm not convinced from the above evidence.

1) The gap is hardly conspicuous considering that the tour schedule has other gaps. As currently scheduled, in addition to not having anything scheduled 4/28-4/30, he takes off nearly a full week 4/21-4/26, and almost two weeks at the end before Bonnaroo.

2) Yes, he's not playing Los Angeles, but he's also not playing San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Phoenix and wherever else he might go. Maybe hopes that Los Angeles and Phoenix people will go to the San Diego show, San Francisco people will go to the San Jose show and Portland and Vancouver people will go to the Seattle show. I don't fully understand how these things work, but it seems like he's missing several major metropolitan areas not just Los Angeles.

MonsoonSeason
02-12-2008, 08:52 AM
he can't play like ten CA dates guys, the rest of the US wants him too

boarderwoozel3
02-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Theres no way hes skipping LA. I saw on another therad that he's playing in la-la land on 4/21. Talk about heavily populated areas. La has more people than most of the above cities combined.

rAnimatorX2
02-12-2008, 09:00 AM
God lets hope hes not playing. Who cares?

starrdogg
02-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Theres no way hes skipping LA. I saw on another therad that he's playing in la-la land on 4/21. Talk about heavily populated areas. La has more people than most of the above cities combined.

I saw this date too, but it was labeled as "tentative." I know there's no concrete evidence that he's playing Coachella yet, but maybe the reason that date was labeled as tentative is because he was in discussions to play the festival and no decision had yet been reached. Until that LA date on the 21st becomes a reality, I think Coachella is definitely a possibility.

Blinken
02-12-2008, 09:18 AM
I agree with the LA date nowhere to be found now, i am predicting a Friday spot, then he will leave for Denver.

jonnypark
02-12-2008, 09:58 AM
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/0255-kid/farleych.ris

kreutz2112
02-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Jack Johnson>Kanye West

misterpickles
02-12-2008, 10:03 AM
agreed that is suspicious.. LA is plainly too big and culturally influential to just skip it

flowbee
02-12-2008, 10:18 AM
I dont want that POS at Coachella. Thanks.

braundiggity
02-12-2008, 10:24 AM
His set in '06 was underwhelming, but that's in part due to the circumstances of his addition. He was such a late addition that they had to truly squeeze him in there - I think they only left ten minutes between the end of Common's set and the beginning of Kanye's, when it took nearly a half hour to switch over. He then had sound problems, which held him back. Throughout it all, he was complaining about having to cut his set short because of time -- he really wanted to give Coachella a better show than what he was able to do.

Give him time to set up, give the crowd time to get psyched, and let him have a full set - especially if it's at night - and it'll be a vastly better show. I hope he gets added, though I'd prefer a different big name hip hop act (Jay-Z especially)

scoop49er
02-12-2008, 10:44 AM
kayne is getting added to friday. they will announce it once his first batch of dates go on sale. so expect him being added first week of march... good add nothing mindblowing but could be a cool set

kreutz2112
02-12-2008, 10:44 AM
wrong.

summerkid
02-12-2008, 10:46 AM
kayne is getting added to friday. they will announce it once his first batch of dates go on sale. so expect him being added first week of march... good add nothing mindblowing but could be a cool set

"Its Kanye, but some of my plastic still says Kayne" :)

do you know something scooper or are you speculating?

sonofhal
02-12-2008, 10:52 AM
He's playing LA on the 21st, i just heard (from a friend at Capitol - or maybe it was just the Kanye messageboard)

scoop49er
02-12-2008, 10:54 AM
just a rumbling. i really dont care either way....

M Sparks
02-12-2008, 10:55 AM
I know many of you are not excited for him at all, but after seeing him on the Grammys, I am ridiculously psyched.

Huh?

t91A-i3in3s

OK, so he got to "sing" a nice song about his mom, but...ugh.

I really don't know jack about him, other than he's kind of a crybaby. I've never really heard his music...maybe it's great. Just don't see how THIS performance could "psych" anybody.

Oh, and what the hell was this about?

-anbp2yt4wE

I'm really not trying to be a dick...if someone could point me towards something good, I'll try to have an open mind. It's just that I've never heard/seen anything that would give me a positive impression of him.

rAnimatorX2
02-12-2008, 11:27 AM
And you never will..

Awful.

MaxPowers
02-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Exactly. His last appearance does not warrant him a second chance, Common pretty much saved his ass last time.

starrdogg
02-12-2008, 11:42 AM
I'm really not trying to be a dick...if someone could point me towards something good, I'll try to have an open mind. It's just that I've never heard/seen anything that would give me a positive impression of him.

This is the bit at the Grammys you should've watched. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUikWh7lOcw

AWESOME! Can someone tell me how to embed a youtube clip? I'm kinda retarded when it comes to computers.

kreutz2112
02-12-2008, 11:46 AM
OMG KANYE DID A SONG WITH DAFT PUNK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

DELETE.

starrdogg
02-12-2008, 11:47 AM
OMG KANYE DID A SONG WITH DAFT PUNK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

DELETE.

So are you saying that's not a fantastic performance? Asshat.

kreutz2112
02-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Yes, I am saying that performance was pathetic.

starrdogg
02-12-2008, 11:55 AM
I guess to each his own. I would be very happy with a Kanye addition, but whatever, Coachella is always fantastic and it will be this year with or without him. Worst case scenario? I'm watching Fatboy Slim close down Friday night and I'll see Kanye when he comes to DC later this summer.

ZackQ
02-12-2008, 11:55 AM
If not Kanye, how about adding Rhymefest? It makes sense, '06 we had Kanye, '07 Lupe, '08 Rhymefest? Just wishful thinking.

M Sparks
02-12-2008, 12:03 PM
This is the bit at the Grammys you should've watched. FUikWh7lOcw

AWESOME!

If you look up "Kanye Grammys", that other one is the first thing to come up. So is that from another year, or did they let him do 2 songs?

Watching...

So, it's a half-assed rap over Daft Punk? And?

Yeah, it's better than the other but...eh. It's not horrible, but how is this guy any bigger than anybody else? At least it's energetic...I hate that lazy south shit.

This doesn't make any sense, but he's actually out of tune WHILE he's rapping. He's just just yelling, and his voice keeps breaking.

Five out of 10. And that's only because he stole a halfway decent song. I am glad he beat Fifty Cent (Didn't he?). Fifty Cent is complete shit. This is just...whatever.

M Sparks
02-12-2008, 12:06 PM
he's also not playing San Francisco, Portland, Vancouver, Phoenix and wherever else he might go.

Nobody plays Phoenix. 4th or 5th largest city in the country, and every other tour passes it by.

traviscanada
02-12-2008, 12:27 PM
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/0255-kid/farleych.ris

your picture did not show up, so I have substituted another.
http://psych.colorado.edu/~oreilly/max/max_look/ChrisFarley.jpg

better?

braundiggity
02-12-2008, 01:01 PM
I feel sorry for people who can't appreciate "stronger" because of their blinding love of daft punk. Best sample ever. And better than Daft's song.

BlueDevil50
02-12-2008, 01:13 PM
ohhhhhh yaaaaaaaaaaaay! here come the fail pictures =)

my favorite part of the day.

and you're a fagamuffin for that statement.

MonsoonSeason
02-12-2008, 01:16 PM
God lets hope hes not playing. Who cares?

I cares :(

M Sparks
02-12-2008, 01:19 PM
I feel sorry for people who can't appreciate "stronger" because of their blinding love of daft punk. Best sample ever. And better than Daft's song.

I'm actually not much of a Daft Punk fan.

It's a mediocre rap over an OK song.

EDIT...By the way, a "sample" is usually just that...a small sound "sample" from a song or something else.

This is pretty much just the same song playing in the background.

NiceArthur32
02-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Kanye is just an alternative to the Gangster/Drug/Shooting songs out there... theyre not prolific, but theyre catchy and clever at times... i think kanye is a p*ssy but i enjoy his music....
Especially his first album...

I hope he makes it to coachella...

or Dr. Dre, or Snoop, or Jay-Z, or Ice Cube, or The Hot Boys, or just lil Wayne, shit i'll even take Paper Boy at this point... i want a BIGGER hip hop act!!!

bludevil007
02-12-2008, 01:57 PM

that was the most douchetastic statement i've ever read on this board. I like Kanye and Daft Punk, and i'm not even a huge daft punk fan, but any person who makes a statement like that has 0 taste in music.

"n-n-now-th-that don't kill me
Can only make me stronger
I need you to hurry up now
Cause I can't wait much longer
I know I got to be right now
Cause I can't get much wronger
Man I been waitin' all night now
That's how long I've been on ya"

that's some lame shit. Everyone knows Kanye is a garbage rapper. He may be a "great producer" and make catchy songs with occasionally inspired hooks or one liners, but dont even pretend that Kanye is as much of a legend in his genre as daft punk are in theirs.

and there's no comparison, the original is better than the one kanye "produced" (i.e., stole and rapped some lame shit over).

MarkO
02-12-2008, 02:02 PM
I hope he plays as plenty of folks on the board seem to like him. So fingers x'd for you.

M Sparks
02-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Kanye is just an alternative to the Gangster/Drug/Shooting songs out there...

I'll give him that. He doesn't seem to be as much of a cliche as the other 95% of the rap world. But, he's like the biggest rap star in the world right now, isn't he? Why can't he be different AND talented? Not that he's NOT talented- he's alright. I guess when your competition is Chingy and Paul Wall it's easy to look like a genius. I'm not falling for it, though.

MonsoonSeason
02-12-2008, 02:04 PM
and there's no comparison, the original is better than the one kanye "produced" (i.e., stole and rapped some lame shit over).

kanye and DP actually collaborated on the project. if you listen to stronger vs. harder better faster stronger, they sound nothing alike.

just fyi dude

TonyWonder
02-12-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm actually not much of a Daft Punk fan.

It's a mediocre rap over an OK song.

EDIT...By the way, a "sample" is usually just that...a small sound "sample" from a song or something else.

This is pretty much just the same song playing in the background.

I agree that it's a bold sample to basically take the entire chorus but I think it worked really well and they really don't sound much alike. There aren't any rules as to how long a sample can be and Kanye did gave Daft Punk a songwriting credit. Hell, most of Daft Punk's songs do the same thing such as Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger borrowing significantly from Edwin Birdsong's Cola Bottle Baby.

bludevil007
02-12-2008, 02:29 PM
kanye and DP actually collaborated on the project. if you listen to stronger vs. harder better faster stronger, they sound nothing alike.

just fyi dude

dude, it's not a collaboration (i think daft punk is a little more original than looping one vocal piece of the song with a basic beat)

see below, from wiki - which i dont always trust, but this is sourced:

"Stronger" features a sample of the popular 2001 song "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" by Daft Punk that consists of a vocal performance by the duo. On July 3, 2007, West told Zane Lowe on BBC Radio 1 that although he believes "Stronger" is "a great song", it does not compare to the sampled original. Daft Punk were delighted upon first hearing the new song on Power 106 while on a San Francisco flight. As Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo of the duo stated, "Our song had a good sound, but when [the radio DJ] put Kanye's record on, the sound was really fat. It sounds really big."[2] The use of "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" was requested through Daft Punk's manager Pedro Winter and approved by the duo.[7] De Homem Christo also clarified that "It's not a collaboration in the studio, but the vibe of the music we do separately connected in what [West] did with the song."[2]

bobert
02-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Ahh, the inevitable "sampling" vs. "stealing" argument. My guess would be that Daft Punk creamed their shorts when Kanye asked to use that song. Give him some credit for having good taste. Daft Punk sampled Barry Manilow, last I checked, so who's really "stealing" from who?

kreutz2112
02-12-2008, 02:47 PM
excellent point.

MonsoonSeason
02-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Ahh, the inevitable "sampling" vs. "stealing" argument. My guess would be that Daft Punk creamed their shorts when Kanye asked to use that song. Give him some credit for having good taste. Daft Punk sampled Barry Manilow, last I checked, so who's really "stealing" from who?

I agree with james murphy avatar

bobert
02-12-2008, 02:51 PM
excellent point.

Thanks. I try. :)

faxman75
02-12-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm fairly certain they joined Kanye in the studio, he gave Daft Punk credit and had a clip of the robots on the video.....

Anyway, despite wikipidia it looks like all people involved were happy with the outcome. I don't think Mr. West even had to ask the Daft kids IMO they are all sampled from somewhere to begin with anyway.

scoop49er
02-12-2008, 02:59 PM
kanye is a weird subject. although he comes off like a whining little ego shithead, he does say the right things when it comes to giving props to other artists at times. he did raise a sitr when criticizing bush for how they handled katrina. as a artist, he is ok. im not a big rap/hip hop guy but he seems to be very good and many people at my work dig him so if he is there ill give him a listen and a chance. he has earned that much but he has to bring it for me to accept him a s a great artist. right now he is just another hip hop guy to me.

M Sparks
02-12-2008, 03:14 PM

Just speaking for myself, when I say he "stole" it, it's because as far as I can hear, he lifted the tune as a whole. It's not really stolen, because he gives credit and all that. I'm not that familiar with EITHER song really, but on the surface, they sound the same to me.

To me, sampling is using a portion of something else in an entirely different piece of work. To pick a really obscure example- sorry, it's the first thing that comes to mind- there's an old PWEI song that uses the stupid "WHAM BAM" sample from Wham's first album. But it's not like you would get the songs confused. It's just aural punctuation.

BTW, I'm sure if I thought hard enough, I could come up with a lot of examples of songs I really love that are based on "stolen" melodies. Heck MIA steals melodies AND lyrics. (Not that I'm a huge MIA fan, but it's better than this.) But in this case, I don't see how stealing a decent tune and putting a lame rap over it makes him some kind of genius. If the rap was good, I'd probably really like it.

ThomThom
02-12-2008, 03:22 PM
He will be at Nokia on the 21st, some radio stations are already giving away tickets. He will probably add a second date as well on the 22nd maybe.

Sushov23
02-12-2008, 03:24 PM
He will be at Nokia on the 21st, some radio stations are already giving away tickets. He will probably add a second date as well on the 22nd maybe.

Do you know how much tickets are going to be?

TonyWonder
02-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Just speaking for myself, when I say he "stole" it, it's because as far as I can hear, he lifted the tune as a whole. It's not really stolen, because he gives credit and all that. I'm not that familiar with EITHER song really, but on the surface, they sound the same to me.

To me, sampling is using a portion of something else in an entirely different piece of work. To pick a really obscure example- sorry, it's the first thing that comes to mind- there's an old PWEI song that uses the stupid "WHAM BAM" sample from Wham's first album. But it's not like you would get the songs confused. It's just aural punctuation.

BTW, I'm sure if I thought hard enough, I could come up with a lot of examples of songs I really love that are based on "stolen" melodies. Heck MIA steals melodies AND lyrics. (Not that I'm a huge MIA fan, but it's better than this.) But in this case, I don't see how stealing a decent tune and putting a lame rap over it makes him some kind of genius. If the rap was good, I'd probably really like it.

So you basically don't have a point other than that you don't like Kanye West's rapping ability......which you have mentioned.....a few times.

ThomThom
02-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Do you know how much tickets are going to be?

Probably like $55 - $175 or so

bobert
02-12-2008, 03:43 PM

If that's true than he's officially not playing Coachella this year. Any sources to back this up?

M Sparks
02-12-2008, 03:46 PM
So you basically don't have a point other than that you don't like Kanye West's rapping ability......which you have mentioned.....a few times.

That's all I ever wanted to say. But then I was told I was blinded by my love for Daft Punk...even though I'm not a fan. And then the whole "sample vs steal" thing came up...I really don't care if anybody steals anything, just call it what it is. Stealing can be an artform.

I can't see where anyone else in this thread has had much of a point either. I only had one, but people kept missing it.

I do think that when someone is a RAPPER, their rapping ability is a fairly important point. He doesn't flow very well, and the lyrics are awful. There I'm done. You're free to feel differently.

ThomThom
02-12-2008, 03:50 PM
If that's true than he's officially not playing Coachella this year. Any sources to back this up?

http://aeglive.com/showdetail.php?id=17270&detail_type=event

Blinken
02-12-2008, 03:53 PM
I thought there was one on the 21st, thanks Thom

Blinken
02-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Although this means he probably won't be at Coachella now. . . :(

ThomThom
02-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Although this means he probably won't be at Coachella now. . . :(

Not necessarily, it's still a GV/AEG event...I still doubt that he will be there but don't lose all hope.

JoshTheBoyd
02-12-2008, 04:54 PM
I feel sorry for people who can't appreciate "stronger" because of their blinding love of daft punk.

for real

And better than Daft's song.

uh....

mrhapppyface
02-12-2008, 06:22 PM
kanye west is a douche bag id rather see j5 or shit even blackstreet...what a lame

summerkid
02-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Not necessarily, it's still a GV/AEG event...I still doubt that he will be there but don't lose all hope.

yeah, actually with that little bit of info I feel he's more likely now than before because remember folks he could be playing a much larger venue in LA, but then again he can always add another date.

garrett222
02-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Kanye needs to come back and play his real show for us, even though his hits show in 2006 was awesome.

emtgreg
02-12-2008, 09:09 PM
he can't play like ten CA dates guys, the rest of the US wants him too

if radiohead can do it...

ZackQ
02-12-2008, 09:13 PM
They should throw us a curve and add Eminem. Why not? We already have Jack Fucking Johnson.

NiceArthur32
02-13-2008, 03:11 AM
kanye west is a douche bag id rather see j5 or shit even blackstreet...what a lame

really... who is this cunt cobler!?

i hate his posts... are you guys tryin to mess with me or something???

Blinken
02-13-2008, 08:08 AM
They should throw us a curve and add Eminem. Why not? We already have Jack Fucking Johnson.

I would be down for Eminem, but if he got added the backlash would make the Jack Johnson backlash look like nothing. But that said I would really like to see Eminem perform, say what you will but he is a great lyricist.

nbvwes
02-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Kanye West does not care about white people.

firesuite
02-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Wed 04/16/08 Seattle, WA KeyArena at Seattle Center
Fri 04/18/08 Sacramento, CA ARCO Arena
Sat 04/19/08 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose
Sun 04/20/08 San Diego, CA San Diego Sports Arena
Mon 04/21/08 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theatre L.A. Live
Thu 04/24/08 Tucson, AZ McKale Memorial Center
Fri 04/25/08 Las Vegas, NV Red Rock Casino Resort
Sat 04/26/08 Albuquerque, NM Journal Pavilion
Sun 04/27/08 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
Tue 04/29/08 Oklahoma City, OK Ford Center
Wed 04/30/08 Austin, TX University Of Texas
Thu 05/01/08 Dallas, TX Superpages.com Centre
Fri 05/02/08 The Woodlands, TX The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Sun 05/04/08 Duluth, GA The Arena At Gwinnett Center
Mon 05/05/08 Tampa, FL Ford Amphitheatre @ State Fairgrds.
Tue 05/06/08 West Palm Beach, FL Cruzan Amphitheatre
Thu 05/08/08 Charlotte, NC Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
Fri 05/09/08 Raleigh, NC Walnut Creek Amphitheatre
Sat 05/10/08 Bristow, VA Nissan Pavilion At Stone Ridge
Sun 05/11/08 Virginia Beach, VA Verizon Wireless Virginia Beach
Tue 05/13/08 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Arena
Thu 05/15/08 Mansfield, MA Tweeter Center For The Perf. Arts

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=Artist&Content=KANWES&PSKey=Y

Blinken
02-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Well then . . .

firesuite
02-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Shitty thing about this is I live in Tucson, but am scheduled to leave on the 23rd for Coachella. This throws a wrench in the whole effin' plan.

Blinken
02-13-2008, 09:06 AM
ouch man that fucking sucks

Blinken
02-13-2008, 09:08 AM
have they released any ticket prices yet

firesuite
02-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Nope, at least not where I've looked. Rest assured, you'll need to give birth and sell the kid on the black market.

No pun intended.

Blinken
02-13-2008, 09:21 AM
What if i stole a kid then sold them on the black market? I think this is a better plan, there is no nine month wait. Plus i can't really give birth.

GnarVee
02-13-2008, 09:30 AM
thank god I got tickets to the SJ show!

firesuite
02-13-2008, 09:34 AM
What if i stole a kid then sold them on the black market? I think this is a better plan, there is no nine month wait.

This is a solid alternative.

Plus i can't really give birth.

Psssh. Don't be ridiculous.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/snackeru/greet/images/junior.jpg

sddoctor
02-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Damn, Phoenix gets shafted again. I'll be on my way to Coachella on thurs. the 24th, so no Tucson show for me. Damn, I was looking forward to seeing this tour....and WTF, Tucson!? I love Tucson, but WTF?!

I am headed to Houston for Radiohead in May, so no Kanye means more money for the Radiohead trip.

Blinken
02-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Psssh. Don't be ridiculous.

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/snackeru/greet/images/junior.jpg

I stand corrected, but there is still the nine month wait.

firesuite
02-13-2008, 11:39 AM
and WTF, Tucson!? I love Tucson, but WTF?!

Yeah, I don't get it either. Especially Kanye. I can see his thought bubble right now... "Tucson? WTF is that, nahwww, we're hittin' Scottsdale."

Jennzino42
02-13-2008, 03:18 PM
I don't know if this would actually happen but this would be great!!

firesuite
02-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Haha, uhh... ok!

NiceArthur32
02-13-2008, 08:18 PM
when someone gets the fan club presale code, can they please PM me with it, or post it on here...

please!

i'm really considering those VIP tickets...

superfiction
02-13-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm fairly certain they joined Kanye in the studio, he gave Daft Punk credit and had a clip of the robots on the video.....

Anyway, despite wikipidia it looks like all people involved were happy with the outcome. I don't think Mr. West even had to ask the Daft kids IMO they are all sampled from somewhere to begin with anyway.

i know for a fact they didnt meet till lolla. so your fair certainty sucks

betao
02-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Kanye can do coachella... it will mean a less crowded sahara tent hopefully.

rage patton
02-13-2008, 09:58 PM
If Kanye plays, it would be cool if he played the Sahara.

I am not really a Kanye West fan. His music does nothing for me. But this Glow In The Dark tour is actually a pretty cool idea, and I admit seeing it in the Sahara would be pretty awesome.

Sushov23
02-13-2008, 10:02 PM
I don't think KANYE is playing Coachella, so get your tickets for the show ASAP.

Cdubby
02-13-2008, 10:20 PM
I don't think KANYE is playing Coachella, so get your tickets for the show ASAP.

what if i dont care to see him?

Sushov23
02-13-2008, 10:22 PM

Then it's a non issue, right? don't be a smart ass.

firesuite
02-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Hey, check out his schedule about a page back. He's scheduled elsewhere all three days. For sure.

rage patton
02-14-2008, 12:07 AM

Oh snap.

Well then. Back to requesting Underworld/Prodigy/Chemical Brothers for Friday.

paulb
02-14-2008, 12:47 AM
if he is Scheduled for Denver on the Sunday, how is Atrak gonna play with Kid Sister at Coachella?

M Sparks
02-14-2008, 04:38 AM
But this Glow In The Dark tour is actually a pretty cool idea

What's the idea?

trentmorrison
02-14-2008, 04:56 AM
wow lets bring friday to a whole new low, jack johnson and kanye? worst coachella ever

M Sparks
02-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Hey, check out his schedule about a page back. He's scheduled elsewhere all three days. For sure.

Ahahahaha...what was the point of all this? Was the original poster just fucking with everyone?

M Sparks
02-14-2008, 07:31 AM

He will come you your home and whine and cry until you buy a ticket to shut him up.

It's a really effective business plan.

HunterGather
02-14-2008, 07:48 AM
You know whats funny?

Radiohead and Kanye are both in Florida. 2 days. Back to back. Just on opposite days.
West Palm Beach and Tampa. May 5th and 6th.

You have no idea how super convenient this is!
I'm doing Radiohead the 5th and kanye the 6th at the Cruzan in West Palm...
Or vice verse in Tampa depending on what better seats I get for Radiohead.

PierogiHead
02-14-2008, 08:15 AM
From Pitchforkmedia.com:

"Pretty much all those 'conspicuous gaps' from before are now accounted for, and Kanye and Lupe still reunite in June for Bonnaroo."

Its kind of humorous to see that Pitchfork reads these message boards -- perhaps even with the same speculative interest -- enough to make an allusion to a thread in one of their news pieces.

SFChrissy
02-14-2008, 08:51 AM
2) Yes, he's not playing Los Angeles, but he's also not playing San Francisco, ...

San Jose is the sf stop.

boarderwoozel3
02-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Come on people. Who would you rather have; Kanye or Jack Johnson. Errr..Ummm..uhhhhh. Its a no brainer. I'd take the diva over the dope any day.

rage patton
02-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Id rather have Chris Rock actually.

HunterGather
02-14-2008, 09:05 AM
Well, Chris Rock IS on tour right now....
maybe he's the trick up goldenvoices sleeve? lolzz

braundiggity
02-14-2008, 09:08 AM

Explain how you could listen to both songs and think he's just rapping over DP. There's about 10 seconds of Harder Better Faster Stronger (around the 2:00 mark) used in "Stronger," slowed down and repeated over and over, and most of when it's used, it's chopped up in a different order. But only about 10 seconds. Kanye changed the beat, added the synths and strings, and rapped over it. Basically, it's exactly your definition of sampling.

(sorry, left this thread and just came back to it)

rage patton
02-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Well, Chris Rock IS on tour right now....
maybe he's the trick up goldenvoices sleeve? lolzz

Bonnaroo just added him. He is getting a 1 hour spot on the mainstage.

neverclever
02-14-2008, 09:10 AM
I GOT TICKETS. yeah... $90 for loge at the Nokia Live... that's cool. that's the price of one day of Coachella! haha...

but shit when does Radiohead and REM go on sale in LA? sigh.

higgybaby23
02-14-2008, 09:28 AM
No Kanye.

Thu 04/24/08 Tucson, AZ McKale Memorial Center

M Sparks
02-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Explain how you could listen to both songs and think he's just rapping over DP. There's about 10 seconds of Harder Better Faster Stronger (around the 2:00 mark) used in "Stronger," slowed down and repeated over and over, and most of when it's used, it's chopped up in a different order. But only about 10 seconds. Kanye changed the beat, added the synths and strings, and rapped over it. Basically, it's exactly your definition of sampling.

(sorry, left this thread and just came back to it)

Well then, you missed the part where I said I was done, but...

Here's my explanation. I've heard this Kanye song exactly once..on this youtube video, recorded off a TV show. I've heard the DP song maybe 3 or 4 times- probably haven't heard it in 4 months or so. Based on my memory of the DP song, they sounded the same.

I'm SO sorry I spoke out of turn. I clearly should have analyzed the waveforms more carefully before making a snap judgment. I'm so sorry I didn't live up the the high standards of this forum, where all opinions are carefully thought out and supported by clear evidence.

None of that changes my opinion that the lyrics are crap, and he isn't particularly skilled as a rapper. Again, that's based on these two videos. I really have no other reference point. I asked someone to show me why he's supposed to be so great. I'm still waiting.

I'm done. Again.

Cdubby
02-14-2008, 08:24 PM
He will come you your home and whine and cry until you buy a ticket to shut him up.

It's a really effective business plan.

lol, funny thing is- I can see him doing this, what a douche.

firesuite
02-15-2008, 08:46 AM
if he is Scheduled for Denver on the Sunday, how is Atrak gonna play with Kid Sister at Coachella?

This is actually a really good question.

Maybe the "A-Trak" Kanye tours with is animatronic.