PDA

View Full Version : campers' entrance

frozen pilgrim
02-11-2008, 05:33 PM
so.
last year, the campers entrance on friday was a freaking mess.
it was bad all weekend, but friday was the worst.
they divided the crowd into six different lanes. sometimes by male/female, sometimes not, and not by any regulated number. all the lines moved at drastically different rates. people got separated from their friends and significant others. in some cases, even from their parents.
then, when we (the campers) finally got past the security (one of whom went far beyond protocol in the way he searched my pocketless basketball shorts), we were not allowed to wait by the entrance for our friends, who we were involuntarily and forcibly separated from, to come out of the line. we were forced away by security and police, and told to simply 'meet them inside'.

and then, to add insult to injury, on sunday night, security decided, for as of now still unexplained reasons, to close the campers entrance. so we were forced to walk the entire length of the parking lots to the entrance road, at midnight, literally feet from our tents but not allowed to go to them.

so, goldenvoice.
people who got screwed by will-call last year got free passes.
I wated an hour and fifteen minutes to get in on friday.
I was denied entrance to the campground on sunday night.

where is MY refund?

or at the very least, some recognition that mistakes were made last year in the aforementioned areas, and that they will not be repeated.

el chango
02-11-2008, 05:47 PM
so.

so, goldenvoice.
people who got screwed by will-call last year got free passes.
I wated an hour and fifteen minutes to get in on friday.
I was denied entrance to the campground on sunday night.

where is MY refund?

or at the very least, some recognition that mistakes were made last year in the aforementioned areas, and that they will not be repeated.

I got screwed by the Will Call mess last year and got no tickets, I also waited more than an hour on thursday night after 10 hours of travelling and I also couldn't get into the camp on sunday night, and you know? I'm not bitching about it because I had a great time, after all it's Coachella and it's not perfect, but it's the best weekend of the year for me.

el chango
02-11-2008, 05:49 PM
And how do you know friday was the worst day for the camping entrance? you weren't there the day before...

frozen pilgrim
02-11-2008, 06:29 PM
And how do you know friday was the worst day for the camping entrance? you weren't there the day before...

the festival only runs fri, sat, sun. I'm referring to the entrance separating the campground and the festival grounds. I checked into camping thursday, and it was actually quick and painless.

overall the weekend was amazing- I'm sure it was too for people who missed part of 1/3 days because of will-call.

I'm just sayin' other people got boned by GV's ball-droppage last year.
and I'm not demanding a refund.
I said I'd settle for a friendly "we promise we won't do it again" :)

KilwaukeePutz
02-11-2008, 07:03 PM
hey dipshit, thursday was redic at night, i know because i saw so i am confident thurs was worse than friday. relax man. it is all about the expierence and great music.

zenidogx
02-11-2008, 07:22 PM
i got in early on friday. no problem. they let us go through the main entrance because the line was smaller. we were in well before the comedians of comedy started. even got a good seat.
also, may i suggest not doing will call. that always slows you down, even if for a minute. i get my tix in the mail and keep em in my yellow submarine lunchbox.

lowfront
02-11-2008, 08:05 PM
The sunday night no camping entrance back into the campground was some big time bullshit

Emmie01
02-11-2008, 11:08 PM
excuse me for being ignorant...why did they close the entrance back into the campground? Does this have anything to do with Rage riots?

MonsoonSeason
02-11-2008, 11:12 PM
for the record the rage riots consisted of a guy knocking over a port-a-let and a drum circle until 5 in the morning

dontfeedthebird
02-11-2008, 11:14 PM
for the record, in customer service terms a "big apology" is still nothing and leaves you with a $300 ticket for next year.

boarderwoozel3
02-11-2008, 11:15 PM
The camping entrance wasn't bad at all if you went through around the time it opened.

dontfeedthebird
02-11-2008, 11:22 PM
I ate a magic cookie last year and got lost. I ended up going through the regular entrance so the camper's entrance meant nothing to me.

MonsoonSeason
02-11-2008, 11:24 PM
I think we're the only people on the board right now

dontfeedthebird
02-11-2008, 11:29 PM
I think we're the only people on the board right now

And then there were two.

MonsoonSeason
02-11-2008, 11:30 PM
there's about to be just one

got work-outs in the morning >.<

dontfeedthebird
02-11-2008, 11:33 PM
there's about to be just one

got work-outs in the morning >.<

*nominates you for chaser twink muscle but not of the year*

MonsoonSeason
02-11-2008, 11:35 PM
woah woah woah too much gay slang

got whiplash

Emmie01
02-11-2008, 11:36 PM
for the record the rage riots consisted of a guy knocking over a port-a-let and a drum circle until 5 in the morning

All I know about it is what I've read on this board. I wasn't there. I was just asking.

Emmie01
02-11-2008, 11:38 PM
oops, did I interrupt a private conversation? :)

MonsoonSeason
02-11-2008, 11:43 PM
haha sorry

professional thread derailers

Cpt. Funkaho
02-11-2008, 11:51 PM
The campers' entrance to the festival grounds on Friday was bad, but not terrible... I waited for about 45 minutes. I do think it was kind of shitty that security tried to gender-separate the chutes after they were all full of people, but that's what a lack of experience on a few peoples' part will do.

On the whole, I'm really grateful to have a separate entrance for the campers, and despite having to wait a while in line, I can't say that the line negatively affected my Coachella experience at all.

M Sparks
02-12-2008, 04:40 AM
I do think it was kind of shitty that security tried to gender-separate the chutes after they were all full of people

I think this was the problem...

* Men * Women * Walrus * Seal * Manatee * Other *

Worked out well for you, Cap'n.

roberto73
02-12-2008, 04:53 AM
What did the campers think of the Saturday deal where security created the "male express lane"? That was fun. Note to self: Express lanes are not "express" when they're five times as long as the non-express lanes.

M Sparks
02-12-2008, 05:05 AM
we were in well before the comedians of comedy started. even got a good seat.

As evidenced by your excellent avatar.

gaypalmsprings
02-12-2008, 05:13 AM
http://www.craigdenston.com/images/photos/puppets_latex/crying_baby.jpg

whynotsmile99
02-12-2008, 10:36 AM
this is shitty to hear.

Last year, i did not camp. Had to wait a good hour and 15 minutes just for the security check on Friday. Not fun standing out in the sun like that. I remember the other two days went a bit faster, but still had to wait.

In 06 I camped and loved how fast we were able to make it into the festival. I don't remember being half as uncomfortable as last year.

I'm back to camping this year, so hopefully they worked all their shit out by now.

Boourns
02-12-2008, 11:09 AM
The camper entrance last year was awful. I know I waited 45-60 minutes each day. I forgot which day it was that the lines were split by gender, which meant a thousand men in three lines and zero women in three lines. So we were yelling about why they got so many lines, and some dumb worker bitch said "because girls rule!" and I said "if they rule so much, then they would be at Coachella"

microserfs21
02-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Friday - We saw there was a lineup so we went and joined it. We could have been hanging out by our tent in the heat talking to people or in line talking to people. Yea, it was a bit of a wait but we got in well before any acts started.

Saturday- I think this was the gender seperated day. I had to wait for my gf. Yes, they kept telling us to go inside but did we listen? No. Everyone would move back a couple feet to appease the security and everything would be fine. We still got in well before any acts started.

Sunday - From what I remember it was a breeze.

So in summary, stop fucking complaining, lineups happen sometimes at big festivals. If you don't want to miss anything, lineup early, it is really pretty simple.

MonsoonSeason
02-12-2008, 02:08 PM
The camper entrance last year was awful. I know I waited 45-60 minutes each day. I forgot which day it was that the lines were split by gender, which meant a thousand men in three lines and zero women in three lines. So we were yelling about why they got so many lines, and some dumb worker bitch said "because girls rule!" and I said "if they rule so much, then they would be at Coachella"

hmm, I didn't get that. they ended up letting guys through one girl's line, I thought. maybe I just got through really fast.

M Sparks
02-12-2008, 02:11 PM
I didn't camp last year, but I don't remember waiting in line for more than 10 minutes or so.

What time of day are you guys talking about? I'm thinking that if I'm in the campground, I'm going to want to get inside ASAP

MonsoonSeason
02-12-2008, 02:12 PM
right see same here

Boourns
02-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Hopefully a solution to the lines last year is included in the ten dollar price increase since last year.