PDA

View Full Version : Please put Radiohead behind you now...

dopemusik
02-11-2008, 02:46 PM
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/48628-radiohead-north-american-tour-breaking-development

The event listed on ticketmaster is May 5 in West Palm Beach, Florida. Being that FL is on the other side of the US and Radiohead are trying to make this a "green" tour, it is now highly unlikely they will be added. Plus they did say their tour would start early May so this makes sense for them to start down there and work their way up and around the states.

So.......just freakin give it up! You guys are hanging onto a hopeless dream!

microlovebeat
02-11-2008, 02:59 PM
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/48628-radiohead-north-american-tour-breaking-development

The event listed on ticketmaster is May 5 in West Palm Beach, Florida. Being that FL is on the other side of the US and Radiohead are trying to make this a "green" tour, it is now highly unlikely they will be added. Plus they did say their tour would start early May so this makes sense for them to start down there and work their way up and around the states.

but airplanes and stuff

betao
02-11-2008, 03:32 PM

Welcome to the internets. Please enjoy your stay.

woogie846
02-11-2008, 04:09 PM
I think most of us gave up on this dream when they announced the line up.

kreutz2112
02-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Or when Dani said they would not be playing like 6 months ago.

rage patton
02-11-2008, 05:23 PM
EXACTLY.

Seriously people. Was in October or November when she told everyone Radiohead weren't playing?

instinct
02-11-2008, 05:35 PM
what does a green tour mean? They won't be flying? Won't take a personal jet? Will do an all acoustic set and have everyone bring their own glasses to drink out of?

microlovebeat
02-11-2008, 05:39 PM
what does a green tour mean? They won't be flying? Won't take a personal jet? Will do an all acoustic set and have everyone bring their own glasses to drink out of?

it's radiohead's way of saying they liked An Inconvienient Truth

jonnypark
02-11-2008, 05:51 PM
I read something about not using a speaker system and asking fans to be quiet. I could see this resulting in a few radiohead concert killings if not everyone is willing to comply. You people are crazy.

microlovebeat
02-11-2008, 05:52 PM
I read something about not using a speaker system and asking fans to be quiet. I could see this resulting in a few radiohead concert killings if not everyone is willing to comply. You people are crazy.

i heard that it means they're just going to be playing Tree Fingers over and over again.

Boourns
02-11-2008, 05:52 PM
EXACTLY.

Seriously people. Was in October or November when she told everyone Radiohead weren't playing?

In all fairness, not everyone would have seen that one post in a 500 reply topic several months ago, certainly not n00bs.

Would a n00b even know who she is?

Oh those n00bs.

el chango
02-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Actually they have silent concerts in other places of the world because of curfews and stuff. They give headphones to everybody, I think they did it in Glasto once.

rage patton
02-11-2008, 05:59 PM
In all fairness, not everyone would have seen that one post in a 500 reply topic several months ago, certainly not n00bs.

Oh those n00bs.

I put her quote in my sig. Then refered all n00bs to it.

malcolmjamalawesome
02-11-2008, 07:00 PM

Oh those n00bs.

Oh, the blissful life of a n00b. No lolcatz, no fails, no lastgreatman haunting your dreams.

Memorial_07
02-11-2008, 09:13 PM
really.
this is like a pet that died.
it takes about a week, and then you get over it.

walkunafraid
02-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Oh, the blissful life of a n00b. No lolcatz, no fails, no lastgreatman haunting your dreams.

You're forgetting that n00bs have none of the musical elitism, snobbish criticism, or peevish intolerance that most of the non-n00bs have.

bobert
02-12-2008, 01:26 PM
You're forgetting that n00bs have none of the musical elitism, snobbish criticism, or peevish intolerance that most of the non-n00bs have.

But they have more posts, so their elitist attitudes are completely justified. They ridicule us "n00bs" for starting repetitive threads and then post the word "FAIL" 4000 times to show us the consequences of repetition. It all makes total sense.

Leckie
02-12-2008, 06:12 PM
maybe GV could always pay for their carbon offset

MarkO
02-12-2008, 07:37 PM
maybe GV could always pay for their carbon offset

As I mentioned in another thread, their own desire to minimise carbon footprint is a farce based on their announced tour schedule and their desire to seafreight their gear. We're looking at ..

Freight gear to US --> tour East coast --> ship stuff back to Europe --> tour Europe --> ship stuff to West coast of America --> tour West coast --> ??

If they wanted to do this logically, they should have started on the West Coast (say, starting now), work their way East, then tour Europe for the festival circuit. But no ....

garrett222
02-12-2008, 08:45 PM
i'll be seeing radiohead at Lolla...RESPEK

psychic friend
02-12-2008, 08:54 PM
I put her quote in my sig. Then referred all n00bs to it.

hence i dont say much. i would love to report more but i cant afford the quotes when my info was meant for a privileged few. sorry folks :( i do mean well.

MarkO
02-14-2008, 07:43 AM
hence i dont say much. i would love to report more but i cant afford the quotes when my info was meant for a privileged few. sorry folks :( i do mean well.

This doesn't make much sense, at least to me. Who are the 'privileged few'.

emtgreg
02-15-2008, 12:27 AM
This doesn't make much sense, at least to me. Who are the 'privileged few'.

me, you,

couple others

:)

F00FIGHTER20
02-18-2008, 03:01 PM
nothing going on in april...they would have plenty of time to drive across the country to start the tour in florida. they're gonna be added eventually

nicolelmt
02-18-2008, 03:13 PM
I am seeing them in Tampa in May hopefully. That would be awesome if they gave headphones to everyone.

BeHereNOW
02-18-2008, 05:14 PM
this thread is retarded

we all know deep in our hearts they will be announced one day previous to coachella =p

Memorial_07
02-18-2008, 07:13 PM
this thread is retarded

we all know deep in our hearts they will be announced one day previous to coachella =p

you have to be a man of faith.

betao
02-18-2008, 07:22 PM
exactly.

see me and my Prodigy thread for more info on faith for a lost cause.

Memorial_07
02-18-2008, 08:34 PM
exactly.

see me and my Prodigy thread for more info on faith for a lost cause.

I actually support you on that thread.

betao
02-18-2008, 08:39 PM
support is appreciated man, cheers.

one day, they will be here.

one day.

Memorial_07
02-18-2008, 09:29 PM
support is appreciated man, cheers.

one day, they will be here.

one day.

that day happened in '05.
we're going to pray that it happens again.

speaking of '05, I'm also going to pray that Cocteau Twins FINALLY play.