PDA

View Full Version : FILTER

lostsoul86
02-11-2008, 12:21 PM
what about Filter i like them there releasing a new album in may . think adding filter would be possible ? i just read ARMY of ANYONEs bulliten on myspace and it says Filter will be playing some festivals .. here is the bulliten .. if u want ta read it ..

PEACE!

FILTER RETURNS
WITH
‘ANTHEMS FOR THE DAMNED’
DUE OUT THIS MAY

FIRST SINGLE
“SOLDIERS OF MISFORTUNE”
TO BE RELEASED LATER THIS MONTH

BAND TO PREVIEW NEW MUSIC AT SPECIAL
PRE-RELEASE CALIFORNIA CLUB SHOWS
BEGINNING MARCH 2

FILTER is back.

After a five-year hiatus and a successful run with Army of Anyone, RICHARD PATRICK has reclaimed his legacy with FILTER for ANTHEMS FOR THE DAMNED, due out this May.

Produced by Josh Abraham (Slayer, 30 Seconds to Mars, Velvet Revolver, Staind, Courtney Love), PATRICK calls ANTHEMS FOR THE DAMNED his “howl in the night,” a harsh indictment of civilization that doesn’t exclude himself from its vision of a world falling apart.

The album’s first single “Soldiers of Misfortune” will be released later this month. PATRICK describes the soaring anthem--with its U2/Bowie flavor and stacked backdrop of buzzing electric guitars--as a “sardonic anti-war/pro-troops song.” The first-person narrative was inspired by a letter from a FILTER fan who had enlisted in the Army reserves to get his college tuition paid; in his final year of college, he was shipped off to Iraq where he died from a rocket attack and small arms fire after just a few days of duty.

FILTER will preview tracks from ANTHEMS FOR THE DAMNED alongside such FILTER classics as “Hey Man, Nice Shot,” “Take a Picture” and others when they hit the road for special California club shows next month. The band will follow the shows with additional U.S. shows just prior to the album’s release, mixing headlining shows, festival appearances and radio shows.

ANTHEMS FOR THE DAMNED features such collaborators as guitarist/songwriter John 5, guitarist Wes Borland and drummer Josh Freese and marks FILTER’s first release in five years since The Amalgamut. Pointed and passionate, the new album traces PATRICK’s own anger and shame with the state of things, from the intense alternative industrial blast of “The Take,” “What’s Next” and “Hatred is Contagious,” the ultimate resignation of “Kill the Day” and “Lie After Lie” to the tentative hope expressed by “Only You” and the ambient soundscape of the closing “Can Stop This.”

FILTER’s club shows are as follows:

DATE CITY VENUE

March 2 San Diego, CA The Casbah
March 3 Orangevale, CA Boardwalk
March 4 San Francisco, CA Café DuNord

For more information, check out www.officialfilter.com/ and http://www.myspace.com/filter1.

alex gardner
02-11-2008, 01:02 PM
shut the fuck up.

Cpt. Funkaho
02-11-2008, 01:03 PM
I like where this is going.

lostsoul86
02-11-2008, 02:11 PM
shut the fuck up.

???

hypervera
02-11-2008, 02:18 PM
yeah filter!! but i dont need them at coachella, they'll play at san diego!!!

alex97
02-11-2008, 03:40 PM
yeah filter!! but i dont need them at coachella, they'll play at san diego!!!

that's very likely

gibsonorbust
02-11-2008, 08:21 PM
As long as the new stuff its stale like army of anyone.

In fact, Richards should hook back up with his BFF Reznor for a "super band" (read: what NIN should have been)

Sushov23
02-11-2008, 08:54 PM
I noticed that FILTER had a date at the casbah, on the casbah webiste. That shit is sick, I can't go though. WHACK.

paulb
02-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Id love to see Filter live....

paulb
02-11-2008, 09:00 PM
damn, March 3rd would be perfect for me....but Orangevale is nowhere close to LA.... :(

woogie846
02-11-2008, 09:29 PM
I thought you meant the magazine.

gibsonorbust
02-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Boardwalk, for the win!

tchuess
02-13-2008, 05:39 PM
I think Filter is a definite possibility, and I think they'd fit in well at Coachella. Just yesterday it was announced they'll be at Rock On The Range on 5/17-5/18.

Another perhaps less likely addition could be Ashes Divide (Billy Howerdel's new project). They're also listed in the ROTR lineup.

fingers crossed...

hypervera
03-03-2008, 01:55 PM
great show yesterday at San Diego :thu

paulb
03-03-2008, 02:56 PM
did they play hey man nice shot and Welcome to the fold?

alex97
03-03-2008, 04:38 PM
did they play hey man nice shot and Welcome to the fold?

they actually started the show with welcome to the fold.. it was awesome.. as of last night i haven't been able to speak a single word.. my throat has never been this sore, but it was sooo worth it!!.. trip like i do was the climax.. i'm so in love with the casbah, it's so satisfying to stand milimeters away from the musicians you love.. :o

here's the actual setlist:
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u238/polly0315/100_0444.jpg

menikmati
03-03-2008, 06:07 PM
aren't they playing some myspace concert with jessica simpson?

scoop49er
03-03-2008, 06:25 PM
filter will end up playing some corporate sponsored radio festivals and thats about it

C DUB YA
03-03-2008, 06:55 PM
they are playing Rock on the Range with STP in Columbus Ohio.

alex97
03-03-2008, 08:16 PM

don't know/don't care.. all i know is they rocked the casbah last night ;)

:thu

menikmati
03-03-2008, 09:10 PM
I like their Title of Record album.

hypervera
03-03-2008, 09:32 PM

its an event for your soldiers at kuwait

suprefan
03-03-2008, 10:12 PM
they actually started the show with welcome to the fold.. it was awesome.. as of last night i haven't been able to speak a single word.. my throat has never been this sore, but it was sooo worth it!!.. trip like i do was the climax.. i'm so in love with the casbah, it's so satisfying to stand milimeters away from the musicians you love.. :o

here's the actual setlist:
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u238/polly0315/100_0444.jpg

And I dont know how I didnt go to this, anyway. Nice set, so how the hell do they not play a show in L.A. is beyond me.

superfiction
03-03-2008, 11:25 PM
who plays guitar in the live band? is it wes borland or john 5? cuz if not then we are gettin the serious shaft. i met richard patrick once. he just seemed bitter that no one cared about filter or army of anyone. i think hes just mad he didnt stay in nin

markpregen
03-04-2008, 12:48 PM
I saw them play Cafe du Nord in San Francisco last night. Sold out but they had tickets at the door for a few people. Same setlist as already posted, except they didn't play "Cold" before "Take a Picture". I assume "Cold" is a new song? Anyway the band is all new, if you look at their wikipedia page. Decent show for $15 but Patrick's voice definitely needs more warm-up. At one point he yelled "SAN DIEGO! SAN FRANCISCO!" so he was a little confused about where he was.

Current

* Richard Patrick – vocals, guitar (1993–present)
* Mitch Marlow – guitar (2008–present)
* Charles Lee – bass (2008–present)
* Mika Fineo – drums (2008–present)

Former

* Brian Liesegang – guitar, programming (1993–1997)
* Matt Walker – drums (1995–1999)
* Frank Cavanaugh – bass (1995–2002)
* Steve Gillis – drums (1999–2002)
* Alan Bailey – guitar (2002–2002)
* Geno Lenardo – guitar (1995–2002)

RooTeefy
03-04-2008, 10:28 PM
This show fucking rocked. I was really pleasantly suprised by how good they sounded after such a long layoff. After a weekend of Holy Fuck and MSTRKRFT I didn't think I could muster up the energy to see Filter. I am so glad I did. I have to say they were much better than either act. Sorry guys.

RooTeefy
03-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Oh, and BTW, you guys are all faggots.

suprefan
03-04-2008, 10:39 PM
I

Current

* Richard Patrick – vocals, guitar (1993–present)
* Mitch Marlow – guitar (2008–present)
* Charles Lee – bass (2008–present)
* Mika Fineo – drums (2008–present)

Former

* Brian Liesegang – guitar, programming (1993–1997)
* Matt Walker – drums (1995–1999)
* Frank Cavanaugh – bass (1995–2002)
* Steve Gillis – drums (1999–2002)
* Alan Bailey – guitar (2002–2002)
* Geno Lenardo – guitar (1995–2002)

Booooooooooo, bring Geno and Frank back, they made the band so much better. Richard thinks he is Corgan just bringing in a whole new crew and calling it Filter. I hope they do playa club show in L.A. though.

hypervera
03-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Booooooooooo, bring Geno and Frank back, they made the band so much better. Richard thinks he is Corgan just bringing in a whole new crew and calling it Filter. I hope they do playa club show in L.A. though.

did you hear the new members live?

superfiction
03-04-2008, 10:52 PM

im sure they will. this is just the warm up tour. i dont really get why they didnt in the first place but whatev. and i agree about getting new people. wtf is this

alex97
03-05-2008, 09:32 PM

with all due respect, mmm, i think you are wrong, i saw them play and they rocked the fuck out of the casbah.. richard patrick IS filter, just as billy corgan is the pumpkins (and i was a james and darcy fan).. the only band member irreplaceable in a band in 98% of the cases is the frontman.. well there are of course a few exceptions..

hypervera
03-05-2008, 09:34 PM
wuth all due respect, mmm, i think you are wrong, i saw them play and they rocked the fuck out of the casbah.. richard patrick IS filter, just as billy corgan is the pumpkins (and i was a james and darcy fan).. the only band member irreplaceable in a band in 98% of the cases is the frontman.. well there are of course a few exceptions..

fuckin yeah!

alex97
03-05-2008, 09:38 PM
irreplaceable band members that aren't frontmen: jonny greenwood, slash.. i'll try to come up with some more..

superfiction
03-05-2008, 09:44 PM
with all due respect, mmm, i think you are wrong, i saw them play and they rocked the fuck out of the casbah.. richard patrick IS filter, just as billy corgan is the pumpkins (and i was a james and darcy fan).. the only band member irreplaceable in a band in 98% of the cases is the frontman.. well there are of course a few exceptions..

dude the pumpkins are the billy corgan show without james. the way they played together live is entirely different than billy and this new dude. go listen to earphoria an then go watch them now. its not half as cool. not by a long shot. james brought so much to the table.

alex97
03-05-2008, 09:57 PM
dude the pumpkins are the billy corgan show without james. the way they played together live is entirely different than billy and this new dude. go listen to earphoria an then go watch them now. its not half as cool. not by a long shot. james brought so much to the table.

he did, trust me i know but i will not dismiss the band just cause he's not in it anymore.. though james was a great part of it, he is not the band, billy is.

superfiction
03-05-2008, 10:19 PM
i gave new pumpkins a chance. the record sucked and the live show sucked. gimme james. as far as filter is concerned. i cant imagine the record being bad if he used john 5 and wes borland. but im less than in awe of the first single and just cuz a band has energy doesnt mean they have a presence like the original members. and just because there are guys on stage playing instruments. doesnt mean they are a band

garrett222
03-05-2008, 10:26 PM
lets spend our time talking about worthwhile adds..not filter...hey..maybe the verve pipe or k's choice will play too....i hope tonic is there!

alex97
03-05-2008, 10:32 PM
lets spend our time talking about worthwhile adds..not filter...hey..maybe the verve pipe or k's choice will play too....i hope tonic is there!

hey! don't like filter? start your own thread on whatever band you do like, but don't you dare compare k' choice with tonic :nono

garrett222
03-06-2008, 06:49 AM
Complaining on this messageboard when people post negative comments is very similar to when the judges on american idol get bothered each and every time the crowd boos their negative opinions...pointless.

Not that i watch american idol or anything :)

hypervera
03-06-2008, 08:28 AM
i gave new pumpkins a chance. the record sucked and the live show sucked. gimme james. as far as filter is concerned. i cant imagine the record being bad if he used john 5 and wes borland. but im less than in awe of the first single and just cuz a band has energy doesnt mean they have a presence like the original members. and just because there are guys on stage playing instruments. doesnt mean they are a band

first go to see filter live. filter is the vocalist.

pumpkins the record doesnt suck, well its not a mellon collie but its ok. and blame james he didnt want to reunite with corgan

superfiction
03-06-2008, 09:49 AM
ive seen richard patrick. ok? i got in an argument wiht the guy the last time he was in town. i know what he's about. but even though they made the shittiest record ever. seeing him in army of anyone (if you know who that is) is a lot cooler than seeing him with a bunch of nobodies

and as for the pumpkins record. yes. it does suck. there are three decdent tracks. doomsday clock. bleeding the orchid and United States. the rest is garbage. and its not james fault. because yes in the studio it is all corgan. he just wrote a lame ass album. and then live they suck because james isnt there. thats the deal.

M Sparks
03-06-2008, 10:42 AM
who plays guitar in the live band? is it wes borland or john 5?

I saw John 5 with Zombie a couple months ago.

I never got into Filter. I remember when "Hey Man..." came out, and it was such an obvious ripoff of Stabbing Westward's "Ungod." (Wasn't their fault...apparently, they shared a guitarist for a while and the lazy bastard was using the same riff in two different songs...the bands didn't know until it was too late.) Anyway, Stabbing Westward turned to shit after that, but I really loved their first album, so I could never get past that.

Then they had that really soft-pop song that got tons of airplay...I hated that song, so I never listened to their second album, even though I've heard it's pretty good overall.

To be honest, I don't know if I've every heard anything else by them. Kinda weird, since I was into all that mid-90's psuedo-industrial-rock. Hell, I have stuff by Monster Voodoo Machine, Mona Lisa Overdrive, all kinds of weak stuff that I'm sure Filter blows away. It's too late now...

M Sparks
03-06-2008, 10:44 AM
first go to see filter live. filter is the vocalist.

Uhhh...OK.

M Sparks
03-06-2008, 10:46 AM
don't you dare compare k' choice with tonic :nono

Amen! I saw Sarah Bettens this summer. Great show!

Easily in my top 100 albums...well maybe top 200
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KHR2ZFV6L._AA240_.jpg

hypervera
03-06-2008, 10:56 AM
ive seen richard patrick. ok? i got in an argument wiht the guy the last time he was in town. i know what he's about. but even though they made the shittiest record ever. seeing him in army of anyone (if you know who that is) is a lot cooler than seeing him with a bunch of nobodies

and as for the pumpkins record. yes. it does suck. there are three decdent tracks. doomsday clock. bleeding the orchid and United States. the rest is garbage. and its not james fault. because yes in the studio it is all corgan. he just wrote a lame ass album. and then live they suck because james isnt there. thats the deal.

first army of anyone is other band the deal with this band is wow stp brothers and richard thats great, but filter is not army of anyone, filter is richard playing filter songs and thats what he does. and the former members they are not like genius anyone can play filter songs. filter still have great a show

well the album sucks to you. blame james, he didnt want to reunite to play live.

superfiction
03-06-2008, 11:05 AM
first army of anyone is other band the deal with this band is wow stp brothers and richard thats great, but filter is not army of anyone, filter is richard playing filter songs and thats what he does. and the former members they are not like genius anyone can play filter songs. filter still have great a show

well the album sucks to you. blame james, he didnt want to reunite to play live.

the album sucks to anyone who listens to the smashing pumpkins and knows what they used to be. you cant even put zeitgiest against any of their albums and say its of equal quality. hell he could have taken a bunch of b-sides of shit from old sessions that he never officially released and it would have been waaaaay better than this. andi dont blame james i blame billy for being a fuckn d bag

menikmati
03-06-2008, 11:18 AM

Could you blame him? Why the hell would he wanna get back with Corgan? Nobody can stand him. And the new "smashing pumpkins" just proves how much of a douche corgan is.

hypervera
03-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Could you blame him? Why the hell would he wanna get back with Corgan? Nobody can stand him. And the new "smashing pumpkins" just proves how much of a douche corgan is.

superfiction wants james in the band. im not complaining about the band. id see corgan anytime playing smashing pumpkins songs no problem

hypervera
03-06-2008, 12:44 PM
the album sucks to anyone who listens to the smashing pumpkins and knows what they used to be. you cant even put zeitgiest against any of their albums and say its of equal quality. hell he could have taken a bunch of b-sides of shit from old sessions that he never officially released and it would have been waaaaay better than this. andi dont blame james i blame billy for being a fuckn d bag

obviously new albums wont sound like the albums from the 90s

superfiction
03-06-2008, 12:55 PM
obviously new albums wont sound like the albums from the 90s

youre right. they should sound better.

hypervera
03-06-2008, 01:00 PM
youre right. they should sound better.

it rarely happens. not all the bands can do it. even radiohead had their ok computer and what happen later? U2 in the 80´s and begining of the 90s