PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait to buy my ticket?

dropbeats
02-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Unfortunatly I don't have a secure ride down to Coachella, so i'm waiting to buy my ticket in case things fall through (knock on wood). I've never been before, does anyone know when, and if the tickets will usually sell out? (The three day pass)

Thanks =]

swerveon
02-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Last year it was at the end of Feb. I believe. But, given the line up of last year (RATM, Chilis) tickets went pretty fast compared to other years. I got my 2006 tickets in mid-march and I don't think the multi-day passes ever sold out that year (Sun did sell out that year). I would do it sooner than later if possible.

Tijuana
02-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Just go without any tickets. There will be plenty of tickets around. I used to show up with tickets in hand at first, then I realized that it's not worth it. Even the year when Radiohead headlined, there were plenty of tickets outside for $50 bucks if you waited till after 3. Before that they were going for $100. I know this for a fact because one of my buddies had to wait till after 3, $50 bucks was his budget to get in. We had told him he wouldn't make it in before 7 for $50 bucks, but he did.
And in 2005 I bought 2 tickets outside for $100 each and they included VIP bracelets.

dropbeats
02-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Ok sweet. Thanks

digitalface
02-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Even on Ebay you'll be able to get tickets at or below face two weeks prior.

Tijuana
02-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Even on Ebay you'll be able to get tickets at or below face two weeks prior.

^ ^ ^

That's right.

Most of the time you end up paying face value without the Ticketmaster fees, unless it completely sells out... which probably will not happen unless GV adds someone like Led Zep, I don't see a sellout.

flowbee
02-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I dont have the patience to risk getting scammed on tickets. If you can play that game and get tickets for slightly less then more power to you though.

damon8
02-12-2008, 06:17 PM
you never know....

traviscanada
02-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Unfortunatly I don't have a secure ride down to Coachella, so i'm waiting to buy my ticket in case things fall through (knock on wood). I've never been before, does anyone know when, and if the tickets will usually sell out? (The three day pass)

Thanks =]

You might want to invest in a camping ticket just incase though. I think those usually sell out before the actual tickets? Last year was my first year so I am not sure, but I think unless you have heaps of money it is pretty much too late for other accommodations.

greghead
02-12-2008, 07:01 PM
You might want to invest in a camping ticket just incase though. I think those usually sell out before the actual tickets? Last year was my first year so I am not sure, but I think unless you have heaps of money it is pretty much too late for other accommodations.

This is true. Last year I had tickets but not camping pass, and nowhere to stay, so I slept in the back of my truck in the parking lot. At the very least get a camping pass, and bring a sleeping bag just in case.

Stefachink
02-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Just go without any tickets. There will be plenty of tickets around. I used to show up with tickets in hand at first, then I realized that it's not worth it. Even the year when Radiohead headlined, there were plenty of tickets outside for $50 bucks if you waited till after 3. Before that they were going for $100. I know this for a fact because one of my buddies had to wait till after 3, $50 bucks was his budget to get in. We had told him he wouldn't make it in before 7 for $50 bucks, but he did.
And in 2005 I bought 2 tickets outside for $100 each and they included VIP bracelets.

That's unbelievably amazing. Although I believe you haha :thu

dropbeats
02-12-2008, 08:30 PM
This is true. Last year I had tickets but not camping pass, and nowhere to stay, so I slept in the back of my truck in the parking lot. At the very least get a camping pass, and bring a sleeping bag just in case.

Yeah makes sense. Thanks

psychic friend
02-12-2008, 08:37 PM
so I slept in the back of my truck in the parking lot.

its good you didnt get towed. many people did. technically there is no overnight parking or sleeping in your car allowed so just dont be shocked if you are asked to move.

Weeping Willow
02-13-2008, 02:13 AM
wait until two weeks prior to festival and buy tickets at half price

gmoneyak
02-13-2008, 02:26 AM

That's a tricky game to play, especially if you're coming from a long distance.. I met at least a couple people last year that tried that and get totally fuckin' scammed. They ended up buying another 1 day for face value.. Ouch..

dropbeats
02-13-2008, 09:52 AM

On the coach website or on ebay or something?

greghead
02-13-2008, 10:21 AM
its good you didnt get towed. many people did. technically there is no overnight parking or sleeping in your car allowed so just dont be shocked if you are asked to move.

Yeah, that was a major concern; I was going to steal a parking pass out of someone's car after the show Friday, but I ended up just moving my truck closer so that I was surrounded by camper cars, and crossed my fingers.

paganman7
02-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Yeah, that was a major concern; I was going to steal a parking pass out of someone's car after the show Friday, but I ended up just moving my truck closer so that I was surrounded by camper cars, and crossed my fingers.

So, you have poor planning skills, and your immediate solution was to steal from someone?

You're a fucking D-bag.

greghead
02-13-2008, 05:56 PM
So, you have poor planning skills, and your immediate solution was to steal from someone?

You're a fucking D-bag.

Hey eat shit, I didn't steal from anybody, and I never said that was my first thought; that was actually a joke, but you obviously lack the ability to detect sarcasm.

Oh, I made plans, but camping passes sold out early because of Rage and Tiesto, and hotels for 100 miles were booked. And I came out solo from Phoenix. My plans got shot to shit. But I wasn't going to cancel because I didn't have a place to sleep for two nights. What would you have done? Gone home in defeat? Probably, you sound like a whitebread tool bag

cansei de ser sexme
02-13-2008, 06:00 PM
camping passes sold out early because of Rage and Tiesto, g

???? TiestO?

greghead
02-13-2008, 11:05 PM
???? TiestO?

Umm . . . yeah, Tiesto. Maybe you, somehow, haven't heard of him, he's the biggest DJ on the planet. Did you not watch his set? Shame on you, my friend, you missed out. I have a strong dislike for techno, but that shit was amazing. Tiesto was the real Saturday headliner last year.

rage patton
02-13-2008, 11:08 PM

Last year everyone who did that... ended up paying $1000 for tickets.

cansei de ser sexme
02-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Umm . . . yeah, Tiesto. Maybe you, somehow, haven't heard of him, he's the biggest DJ on the planet. Did you not watch his set? Shame on you, my friend, you missed out. I have a strong dislike for techno, but that shit was amazing. Tiesto was the real Saturday headliner last year.

Yeah i went to coachella but don't know who Tiesto is... Just saying Ratm was more the reason for selling out the tickets than Tiesto.

paganman7
02-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Hey eat shit, I didn't steal from anybody, and I never said that was my first thought; that was actually a joke, but you obviously lack the ability to detect sarcasm.

Nice back peddling douche bag. The fact that you even considered stealing from someone else indicated what kind of person you are.

Have a nice life thug.

***ignore***

KookyFor1973
02-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Just buy your tickets. If your plans fall through you can always sell them - and possibly get more money for them in the long run.

JBird
02-19-2008, 01:07 PM
I don't have the money to buy my tickets right now, so my plan is to but camping tickets first, because that usually will sell out first, then when I have the money next month I'll get the three day pass. Yeaaahhhhh! nobody steal my plan.

NicoDread
02-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Last year everyone who did that... ended up paying $1000 for tickets.

i got mine for $200 at the end of march on ebay.

fiopadp7791
02-19-2008, 05:56 PM
You should buy them through ticketmaster, and here's why-

They have a new thing this year, where if you spend an extra $7, you're buying insurance on the tix. If you can't go to the show for any reason, they'll refund your purchase. I was having trouble finding the link, but when you try to puchase the tickets, the option is clearly visible and give you the terms. If you're travelling in from out of state or from far away like me, it's a must.

Stork
02-20-2008, 10:48 AM

my cousin said the same thing last year.
made me cry of laughter.

digitalface
02-20-2008, 11:58 AM
i got mine for $200 at the end of march on ebay.

Ding!

greghead
02-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Nice back peddling douche bag. The fact that you even considered stealing from someone else indicated what kind of person you are.

Have a nice life thug.

***ignore***

hahahahahahahahahahaha, oh man you are funny. Thug? And then ignore? hahahahaha, stop taking yourself so seriously.

berchy
03-01-2008, 12:28 PM
never been to coachella and am also in the same situation. coming from BC with no definite ride as of yet. dropbeat, if you are interested in hitchhiking, i may end up doing that and will be looking for a buddy to come with.

what if you end up without a camping pass? is there anyway to sneak a snooze somewhere or do you essentially have to wander the campgrounds all night?

frozen pilgrim
03-01-2008, 12:59 PM
tiesto is a big trancey pile of fail.
don't get me wrong, he's HUGE in some places across the water. but he's also completely talentless.

tiesto is like the limp bizkit of trance-
massively popular at his peak, but talentless and therefore abhorred by musicians and decent EMD producers/djs everywhere.
he puts on an insane stage show though. very metallica-ish. srsly.

bkeeley
03-08-2008, 10:11 PM

tiesto plays techno ?

tiesto would be a super lame headliner at any party, unless your a trance fiend.