PDA

View Full Version : Will-Call Debacle 2007

Keitto
02-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Hey, guys, is it true that those who waited in the sun for hours last year to get their tickets, will get this year's tickets for free?

I quote:

I think you might find that a lot of Non-Americans have only the cost of flights and accommodation to consider as a result of the great Will-Call Debacle of 2007.

I also had had heard this on the radio, but it was a rumor still.

If anybody can tell me where to find more info 'bout it, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

captncrzy
02-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Check the tickets thread.

el chango
02-11-2008, 06:39 PM
They got them for free back in October, too late now. They have even been emalied to the people who replied an email in October, so you're not getting them.

Keitto
02-12-2008, 08:27 AM
I only have one thing to say: scheiße!

I'll be there, anyway :)

See ya 'round.

Gyrus
02-12-2008, 11:44 PM
They got them for free back in October, too late now. They have even been emalied to the people who replied an email in October, so you're not getting them.

Not true, I got mine last week by emailing info@coachella.com with the full details of what happened along with a copy of the ticketmaster receipt from last year and they sent me tickets the next day.
Never too late...

krunchy
02-14-2008, 07:09 AM
I led the charge in extreme childish protest for the renumeration for those who were wronged by the will call fiasco of 2007. I talked to psychic friend for like two hours on the phone. Everything was good. I trusted GV. I never got this fabled email. I was promised tickets. I was told of the promise before it was made public.
I got fucked.
I am so glad the lineup is shit. I would be shattered if i was robbed of my free tickets to something worth travelling for.
Fuck you coachella. I'm gonna hit D.C. to see president Obama take victory instead of seeing jack johnson masturbate on stage. Btw. who the fuck hasn't seen roger waters?

depechemodekraftwerk
02-16-2008, 01:53 PM
OHHHHhh thats what that long line was for when i wnt past it with tickets i had already brought online..... nice choice huh

BeHereNOW
02-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Not true, I got mine last week by emailing info@coachella.com with the full details of what happened along with a copy of the ticketmaster receipt from last year and they sent me tickets the next day.
Never too late...

nice!
got mine mid january but its good to hear its not too late for everybody..

Magus
03-27-2008, 07:48 PM
I sent an email to info@coachella.com about a month ago then they asked me to send them my ticketmaster purchase confirmation email, I sent it and they never replied, I emailed them later to see what happened, I never got a response, this suck!!! thumbs down coachella!!! I waited like 6 hours to get my ticket, missed a lot of bands etc... what a waste of time.

scoop49er
03-27-2008, 09:21 PM
i so remember going on friday and seeing this big ass line and saying to my wife"fuck i hope thats not the line to get in!?!?!?!?" and i found out it was the will call line. yeah it was a fucking debacle!!!

chqp1
03-30-2008, 02:43 PM
...i'll never forget what the guy at some ID-booth said when i suggested to bring water for the crowd in order to prevent MASS COLLAPSING...
"I don't have a walkie talkie..." I was sooooooo pissed... 20 minutes later a girl near my row collapsed.

Since international customers also had to "check in" at a will call to get the camping passes, i wonder why they didnt combine & prepare festival tickets/camping tickets/beer wristband BEFOREHAND...

Instead, they preferred to check all names/credit cards/id's TWICE or SEVERAL TIMES.

GV could LEARN many things from european festivals...

JClemy
03-30-2008, 02:48 PM
seeing jack johnson masturbate on stage.

That would be something new for Coachella

Boourns
03-30-2008, 03:13 PM
I sent an email to info@coachella.com about a month ago then they asked me to send them my ticketmaster purchase confirmation email, I sent it and they never replied, I emailed them later to see what happened, I never got a response, this suck!!! thumbs down coachella!!! I waited like 6 hours to get my ticket, missed a lot of bands etc... what a waste of time.

I know somebody that never got any kind of response at all.

Gyrus
03-31-2008, 01:47 AM
customers also had to "check in" at a will call to get the camping passes

Actually no they didn't.
Maybe if you arrived on the friday but if you arrived on the thursday like most people you actually got the camping wristband from a different will call (entrance to the campground)

Agreed the EU festivals are much much much more organised but I think GV learned last year and certainly compensated for their mistakes by offering free tickets to people who got the shitty end of the stick. We'll see this year!!!

songofthesiren23
04-01-2008, 01:03 AM
My sister and I waited in line and missed all the acts that played before 6pm, so the free 3 day passes we received definitely helped alleviate our ire. Granted we drove from LA and didn't fly out from some other country....so we weren't as angry as some other people in that crazy line last year.

Magus
04-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Well yesterday I received a confirmation email about my complimentary tickets... so I'll see you there :)

BeHereNOW
04-03-2008, 07:36 PM
buen trabajo Magus
:thu