PDA

View Full Version : acid house!!

psychoc&ndy
02-09-2008, 12:23 PM
are there any artists on this years bill that have any music remotely related to acid?

brycerosen
02-09-2008, 12:26 PM
I dont think you can get more acid freindly then dark side of the moon live

Bosco
02-09-2008, 06:53 PM
i dont think so.... The only person, or rather DJ, I know that use to play a Acid track regularly in his sets, is Erol Alkan.

orbit
02-09-2008, 07:33 PM
I bet Danny Tenaglia will play some in the first half of his set.

Foucault
02-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Try "Tits and Acid" by Simian Mobile Disco. Best 'acid house' composition in 15 years, probably.

morelifefucker
02-12-2008, 06:25 AM
deadmau5 not quite acid but still bust`s some sick tracks....tenaglia fuck yeah , hope that motherfucker drops them sick dark dirty wherehouse (the kind where yer ass gets dirty from sitting on floor) tracks from back in the day. i`m all wet over seeing him spin , dripping wet, like i`m litterally surrounded by a puddle.

marooko
02-12-2008, 07:31 AM
I bet Danny Tenaglia will play some in the first half of his set.

This is probably gonna be your best bet.

marooko
02-12-2008, 07:32 AM
deadmau5 not quite acid but still bust`s some sick tracks....tenaglia fuck yeah , hope that motherfucker drops them sick dark dirty wherehouse (the kind where yer ass gets dirty from sitting on floor) tracks from back in the day. i`m all wet over seeing him spin , dripping wet, like i`m litterally surrounded by a puddle.

You live in the bay? If so, do you remember the basement in Oakland? It was exactly what you're describing.

morelifefucker
02-12-2008, 08:13 AM
You live in the bay? If so, do you remember the basement in Oakland? It was exactly what you're describing.

no....i`m in l.a. ...i love me some oakland though

marooko
02-12-2008, 09:08 AM
there was this little basement in oakland that held maybe 250 poeple. they threw some bad ass fucking parties. i think houseplant started it and they subleased to tribal souls. there was always tech and acid house rocking that place. some of the people that i saw play there were jeno, eddie richards, dano, garth. mad heads played at that spot. it was always dark, sweaty and filthy house beats a rockin. i fucking loved it. the owners wont rent it out anymore....sad. i think my fondest memory of the place was the first time i went. we were walking down the street looking for the address and we started to hear this bass sound, that loud ass party bass from far behind closed doors, sounds kinda muffled. fuck man, it was beautiful.