PDA

View Full Version : the electro house poll

psychoc&ndy
02-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Is this just a phase/trend that will be gone within the next few years? I'm starting to think that with artists like justice, digitalism, boys noize, mstrkrft, etc , we might see that a new genre will come back or overthrow this, such as a rise in (for example) acid house or dub house or maybe even something like a growth in more Warp like artists i.e. the field, autechre etc. I really like what is coming out of these new house artists, especially the style idealism went for, but i'd hate to think it was just a passing fad. so vote on

leo01g
02-08-2008, 11:00 PM
I hope its not a fad even though the music is still going to be there.

Lurker_in_a_tree
02-09-2008, 12:20 AM
does the poll creator consider Justice electro house?
I consider Justice fun but I don't think they're electro house.
I've kinda seen electro house as a more polished version of acid house.

Sonicifyouwantit
02-11-2008, 05:51 PM
does the poll creator consider Justice electro house?
I consider Justice fun but I don't think they're electro house.
I've kinda seen electro house as a more polished version of acid house.

live they spin some dirty electro so yes

JessicaH911
02-12-2008, 02:53 AM
I think it's catching on because it's so accessible, and tends to get you in a better mood. Personally, it's my genre of choice because it is so often just clever beats and repetitive vocals, if any. I cannot stand poignant/mushy/powerful/meaningful/deeply personal lyrics. So, no Linkin Park, Amy Winehouse, or Kanye West for me. That's just my opinion.

firesuite
02-15-2008, 12:32 AM
I really like what is coming out of these new house artists, especially the style idealism went for

Thank the lord, somebody that gives credit where credit's due! Idealism was one of the best albums of 2007. I think it will stand the test of time more than the others you mentioned, as it is more focused and less faddish... yet still sneaks in like a Trojan and gets you fucking moving.

Also, +1 for your poll options. Classic.

Drewfus46
02-20-2008, 12:53 PM
I have been into electro for years and now its really getting main stream i mean really young kids at dj sets and any music festival it scares me that they my ruin my music genre

marooko
02-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Electro house had been with us and will be with us for a long time. It's no fad.

BlackSwan
02-20-2008, 01:24 PM
my ruin my music genre

FAIL

alias
02-20-2008, 02:12 PM
WOW! Good I.

paulb
02-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Id be very happy if the scene stays like Justice, Boys Noize, Digitalism, SMD, Mstrkrft... alot of good names and music... of course none of these artists have anything on the excellence of The Prodigy/Chemical Brothers...

oh man, imagine that as a coheadlining tour with one of the newer acts(justice,smd..) opening...that would be sick.

Bud Luster
03-05-2008, 08:00 PM
i voted for option 2, but its getting to be a bit much...

Robototron
04-02-2008, 07:13 PM
Electro House is a fad, just like Dance-Punk, Electroclash, etc. before it. I don't think we'll see Justice, etc. ever become REALLY mainstream (Daft Punk style), but just like you eventually saw Dance-Punk influence filtering into the mainstream (see bands like Panic! At the Disco, The Killers, etc.), we'll start to see more popular groups start making Electro House-style songs. You already see it in the UK, and songs like Kanye's "Stronger" are getting pretty close in the US.

HEADSTRUCK
04-02-2008, 07:23 PM
take option 1 and replace soon with it is

NoizeSelektor
04-07-2008, 04:54 PM
i dont know. seems like some people shoot these guys (justice, digitalism, boys noize ect.) down pretty early. they all have less than 5 albums (not singles) between them. i'm just curious to see. i'm curious to see where justice will be in 3 years. i want to hear new stuff. its going to pretty hard to top cross.

zajaa
03-29-2009, 11:32 PM
just like you eventually saw Dance-Punk influence filtering into the mainstream (see bands like Panic! At the Disco, The Killers, etc.)

don't people give dance-punk more credit than this. these bands, 'punk'? really?

the faint, lcd soundsystem, rapture, and in part liars, interpol and franz ferdinand... these strike me as dance punk.

misclassification is pestilence.

zajaa
03-29-2009, 11:33 PM
je heart boys noize btw

zajaa
03-29-2009, 11:33 PM
they all have less than 5 albums (not singles) between them

among them

betao
03-30-2009, 08:41 AM
I want to change my vote to option 3.

SFChrissy
03-30-2009, 09:42 AM
I'll be rock'n these beats when I'm pounding geritol and pimp'n my depends but realisticly today's beats don't have as much soul as they used too...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X219MCmm2S0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X219MCmm2S0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

morelifefucker
03-31-2009, 12:26 PM
I'll be rock'n these beats when I'm pounding geritol and pimp'n my depends but realisticly today's beats don't have as much soul as they used too...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X219MCmm2S0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X219MCmm2S0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

oooh, i like yer style, how bout this classic for some old school soulful goodness......

NaYw7diBqOI

boarderwoozel3
03-31-2009, 12:44 PM
EDM will continue to evolve but like any other music, there will always be people who dig it.